to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share

Important Announcement!

Our Pinzgauer Project is in "Pre Launch" - Click Here to let us know what you think before the project goes live.

Photo
- - - - -

How do I put my Crosman Stinger R34 back together?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Twisted4000

Twisted4000

Posted 14 March 2011 - 04:30 PM

This is my first post on the forum.

So my Crosman Stinger R34 (M16) airsoft gun jammed while I was firing, so I took it inside and opened it up. I managed to fix it (there were BBs stuck inside the aluminum barrel) by shoving the BBs out. Now one problem: I don't remember how to fully put it back together. I don't know how the trigger is supposed to work or anything.

Someone please help, thanks.

Here's a picture of it taken apart:

http://megaflash.wee...87/100_0586.jpg

Edited by Twisted4000, 14 March 2011 - 04:31 PM.

#2 Sir. SAW

Sir. SAW
  • Interests:Airsoft, Baseball, Soccer, Skiing, Music, Girls

Posted 14 March 2011 - 06:29 PM

Stomp on it to relieve some anger, then buy a real airsoft gun.

#3 Exarach

Exarach
  • Interests:Airsoft!

Posted 14 March 2011 - 06:47 PM

First your going to need one of these:

"Friendly fire isn't"
If a speeding pellet in a quiet woods hits a Newbie in the face, and he cries, does anyone care?

#4 machineman

machineman

Posted 14 March 2011 - 09:17 PM

I havent taken this one apart b4 but I have destroyed a few springers in my day.

first this will extremely annoying to put back together. its a clam shell body so you will have to get everything just right in one side and then try to lower the other side down onto it; keeping everything in its place and perfectly aligned. IT WILL NOT GO BACK TOGETHER THE FIRST TIME so be patient and take your time.

the cylinder and piston on the far right should have guide tracks to keep it inline with the nubs on the outside, slide those over the spring, get it in its grooves and tape it down to hold it in place for now.

the spring next to the charging handle slips over the hook on one end and over a notch that should be on the arm right below it in the pic. that arm fits over the piston and cylinder in a guide track of its own.

the barrel should fit snug in its own guide that should line directly up with the end of the air nozzle.

the trigger of course goes where the trigger goes. I think the the spring goes with it.

I'm not quite sure how the safety arm goes in relation to the trigger in the stinger so play around with it until you get it.

save the mag release button for last.

that all I got right now. take your time, it will go back together

If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten.
George Carlin

#5 Fudge911

Fudge911

Posted 16 March 2011 - 04:50 PM

Why all of hate towards Crosman?

Just because something is cheap, doesn't mean that it sucks. Being expensive doesn't mean that the airsoft gun is good, either.

You can all brag to your friends about your $50 full metal 200 FPS Desert Eagle, with a 10 round magazine, which doesn't hold a candle to the $30 275 FPS Crosman Stinger P9, with a magazine holding up to 102 rounds.

I think these rumors about Crosman guns being crappy started, when a Newbie on an airsoft forum posted about how crappy his Crosman pistol is because the slide gets stuck back after the magazine is empty. A Newbie cries to the community: "HELP please I cant Shoot CROSMAN so cRAPPY" and Crosman is branded as an inferior brand.

Don't judge a gun you don't have.

[Rant End]

Edited by Fudge911, 16 March 2011 - 05:07 PM.

Fudge911 ϟ

Ⓕⓤⓓⓖⓔ

#6 Exarach

Exarach
  • Interests:Airsoft!

Posted 16 March 2011 - 05:00 PM

QUOTE (Fudge911 @ Mar 16 2011, 05:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why all of hate towards Crosman?

Just because something is cheap, doesn't mean that it sucks. Being expensive doesn't mean that the airsoft gun is good, either.

You can all brag to your friends about your $50 full metal Desert Eagle, with a 10 round magazine, which doesn't hold a candle to the $30 Crosman Stinger P9, with a magazine holding up to 102 rounds.

I think these rumors about Crosman guns being crappy started, when a Newbie on an airsoft forum posted about how crappy his Crosman pistol is because the slide gets stuck back after the magazine is empty. A Newbie cries to the community: "HELP please I cant Shoot Crosman so crappy" and Crosman is branded as an inferior brand.

Don't judge a gun you don't have.

[Rant End]

Have 2, they both were really really bad. Neither lasted over a month with very light use. The spring on the trigger breaks the plastic piece that hold the trigger on, it breaks, walmart refunds you

Crosman gas gun lasted two months, then leaked, and shot its own barrel off, again, with light use

The reason they get flack about being crap, is because they are crap. The number of rounds a gun can hold hardly justifies quality, look at mids vs highs.

It sounds like you are a new player who owns something from crosman, when someone got something better, you decried it the only way you could, yours holds more rounds, which, quite honestly means jack Sh*t with crosmans accuracy. I would rather have a good 6 shot revolver than a 9000> round crosman.

When you get older, you will learn this. Unless you never buy anything else. In which case you will wonder why everyone is cheating so much to get 3x your range, accuracy, and reliability.

Crosman guns, especially the M4 springers, are first sight guns, chances are its where you will shoot your first airsoft round, unless you research first, which you wont, because your 11 and excitable.

Most Lpegs are better than anything in Crosmans inventory.
"Friendly fire isn't"
If a speeding pellet in a quiet woods hits a Newbie in the face, and he cries, does anyone care?

#7 Fudge911

Fudge911

Posted 16 March 2011 - 05:04 PM

QUOTE (Exarach @ Mar 16 2011, 06:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Have 2, they both were really really bad. Neither lasted over a month with very light use. The spring on the trigger breaks the plastic piece that hold the trigger on, it breaks, walmart refunds you

Crosman gas gun lasted two months, then leaked, and shot its own barrel off, again, with light use

The reason they get flack about being crap, is because they are crap. The number of rounds a gun can hold hardly justifies quality, look at mids vs highs.

It sounds like you are a new player who owns something from crosman, when someone got something better, you decried it the only way you could, yours holds more rounds, which, quite honestly means jack Sh*t with crosmans accuracy. I would rather have a good 6 shot revolver than a 9000> round crosman.

When you get older, you will learn this. Unless you never buy anything else. In which case you will wonder why everyone is cheating so much to get 3x your range, accuracy, and reliability.

Crosman guns, especially the M4 springers, are first sight guns, chances are its where you will shoot your first airsoft round, unless you research first, which you wont, because your 11 and excitable.

So now there's a spring on the trigger. :)

The thing that holds the trigger in isn't plastic, it's a metal pin. You broke a metal pin?
What did it leak? Oil? Gas?
And how did you shoot the barrel off?
Have you even owned a Crosman?

Then why do people use Hi-cap magazines, if ammo doesn't mean anything?
Logical fallacy, in my opinion. A gun with more rounds means that it can shoot more, and have a better chance of hitting a target. You can shoot for a longer period of time without having to reload.

If it sucks so much, and you researched it, how come you bought them in the first place?

So you're saying that I already have a Crosman gun, but I haven't yet fired it.

Using age as an insult makes me think that you're still stuck in primary school.
Now go play with your crayons.

Example:
because your 11 and excitable.

"Your" should be "You're", which you would know if you passed the First Grade.

When you get older, you will learn this.

Actually, I don't think you will ever learn correct grammar.

Crosman guns, especially the M4 springers

Crosman doesn't sell M4s...
They sell guns that mimic the M4, but no Crosman gun is named "Crosman M4".

I thought Crosman guns are LPEGs.

Edited by Fudge911, 16 March 2011 - 05:40 PM.

Fudge911 ϟ

Ⓕⓤⓓⓖⓔ

#8 Wlairsoft

Wlairsoft
  • Interests:Airsofting, White water kayaking, FPS/strategy games, whittling, ceramics, glassblowing, Psychology. Television Production

Posted 16 March 2011 - 06:39 PM

Wow Fudge, you really know how to fudge yourself. I think its great how you take people words and put them in a way that only an idiot would understand. The trigger is held in place by a metal pin:true, the trigger is reset by a little spring:true, or did you think it was magic that it returns to position every time? As for a Crossman gas gun leaking, wtf man, is it leaking gas or oil? what kind of question is that if your such a supporter? What gun have you had that suddenly leaked a bunch of oil? and I don't mean gas spraying out with oil in it since you didn't mean that. I mean a gun that leaks oil from some part.(why it would is beyond me unless you put the oil there, but again why would you.) I love how this support is coming from the guy who didn't know if he could use a 12g co2 cartridge that says disposable on the side. On top of that most people who use high-caps, tend to have decent guns to go with them. I have had several Crossman guns, gas and electric. I regret buying them as I could have used the money in worthwhile ventures. As for your claim that Crossman doesn't sell an M4, its called the Crossman R34 spring M4 airsoft rifle. And as for Crossman being Lpegs, yes they are, at the extreme low end of the spectrum. Many other guns in the category of Lpeg's shoot far superior then Crossman guns. As for attempting to insult Exarach(which was entertaining to see) I personally have taken a disliking to you as I know him from Airsoft Az and he has far more experience and maturity then you do.

On a further note, its good to see you Exarach, hope the weather is fine in AZ.

Edited by Wlairsoft, 16 March 2011 - 06:43 PM.

#9 Arrowana

Arrowana
  • Interests:Airsoft, Cycling, Music (Metal, almost all sub-genres), Video Games, Photography, and umm.... other stuff.

• My Temperament:2,2,10,11

Posted 16 March 2011 - 07:53 PM

QUOTE (Fudge911 @ Mar 16 2011, 05:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Have you even owned a Crosman?

I have owned 3, and maybe more I've forgotten about. I don't think any of them were terrible, or great either.

Then why do people use Hi-cap magazines, if ammo doesn't mean anything?

Because Hi-Caps are what come with most good guns. I use Hi-Caps because they work correctly. I also use a shotgun with 30 round shells. I do good using either one, so while saying the amount of ammo you have means nothing isn't true, it also does not make that much of a difference.

Crosman doesn't sell M4s...
They sell guns that mimic the M4, but no Crosman gun is named "Crosman M4".

Then TM and Cybergun are the only companies that sell M4s. Notice how many places say MK5 instead of MP5 to avoid being sued by H&K? That doesn't stop the guns from being MP5s.

I thought Crosman guns are LPEGs.

Some are, some aren't. Obviously, the gun in the OP isn't, as it is a springer. They also sell rebranded CA's, and have had other AEGs in the past.

QUOTE (Exarach @ Mar 16 2011, 05:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wrong. The majority of LPEGs are complete crap, and Crosman LPEGs will be just as bad as them. However, they also have springers, higher-end LPEGs, and other stuff that I'd take over a normal LPEG anyday.

#10 Fudge911

Fudge911

Posted 16 March 2011 - 09:10 PM

QUOTE (Wlairsoft @ Mar 16 2011, 07:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow Fudge, you really know how to fudge yourself. I think its great how you take people words and put them in a way that only an idiot would understand. The trigger is held in place by a metal pin:true, the trigger is reset by a little spring:true, or did you think it was magic that it returns to position every time? As for a Crossman gas gun leaking, wtf man, is it leaking gas or oil? what kind of question is that if your such a supporter? What gun have you had that suddenly leaked a bunch of oil? and I don't mean gas spraying out with oil in it since you didn't mean that. I mean a gun that leaks oil from some part.(why it would is beyond me unless you put the oil there, but again why would you.) I love how this support is coming from the guy who didn't know if he could use a 12g co2 cartridge that says disposable on the side. On top of that most people who use high-caps, tend to have decent guns to go with them. I have had several Crossman guns, gas and electric. I regret buying them as I could have used the money in worthwhile ventures. As for your claim that Crossman doesn't sell an M4, its called the Crossman R34 spring M4 airsoft rifle. And as for Crossman being Lpegs, yes they are, at the extreme low end of the spectrum. Many other guns in the category of Lpeg's shoot far superior then Crossman guns. As for attempting to insult Exarach(which was entertaining to see) I personally have taken a disliking to you as I know him from Airsoft Az and he has far more experience and maturity then you do.

On a further note, its good to see you Exarach, hope the weather is fine in AZ.

You misunderstood my post. I already know there is a spring in the trigger system; I was questioning Exarch's statement that "the spring is on the trigger".

I think its great how you take people words and put them in a way that only an idiot would understand.

So only you would understand. Maybe Exarach, too.
As for a Crossman gas gun leaking, wtf man, is it leaking gas or oil? what kind of question is that if your such a supporter? What gun have you had that suddenly leaked a bunch of oil? and I don't mean gas spraying out with oil in it since you didn't mean that. I mean a gun that leaks oil from some part.(why it would is beyond me unless you put the oil there, but again why would you.)

Your post didn't make any sense. Could you please phrase it better?
What? I haven't had any gun that leaked, but apparently Exarch has.
I love how this support is coming from the guy who didn't know if he could use a 12g co2 cartridge that says disposable on the side.

I used the C02 cartridge. It didn't say disposable on the side. It said "CO2 Cartridges". Duh?
As for the thread, I asked the health effects of CO2 cartridges.

I said that Crosman doesn't sell any guns labeled "Crosman M4". Aand the R34 is not caleld the "Crosman R34 spring M4 airsoft rifle", it's called the "Crosman Stinger R34".
Crosman Stinger R34
I regret buying them as I could have used the money in worthwhile ventures.

You're right, you could have bought Exarach a present.

Thank you.

And I admire your deep relationship with Exarach.

Edited by Fudge911, 16 March 2011 - 09:13 PM.

Fudge911 ϟ

Ⓕⓤⓓⓖⓔ

#11 Fudge911

Fudge911

Posted 16 March 2011 - 09:17 PM

QUOTE (Arrowana @ Mar 16 2011, 08:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Then TM and Cybergun are the only companies that sell M4s. Notice how many places say MK5 instead of MP5 to avoid being sued by H&K? That doesn't stop the guns from being MP5s.

Actually, many companies sell M4s under the real name.
Systema, Umarex, Echo 1, Celcius, CA, etc.

Fudge911 ϟ

Ⓕⓤⓓⓖⓔ

#12 phitat

phitat

Posted 16 March 2011 - 09:35 PM

hey fudge I think that if you're gonna be serious about airsoft then just save up your money and get at least something like a cyma cm028 or something like that because it will last you much longer and you can use it to learn more about the sport, don't buy cheap springers because it might just break on you again and just gonna cost you a lot more in the long run, this is from a personal experience because I've destroyed about 8 springers in 3 month, that cost a total $150, now I have a we 1911 that have about 8,000 rounds through it and did broke once in 2 years but only cost $15 to fix, so just try your best to save up and get a decent gun man and you'll be glad that you did.

#13 Arrowana

Arrowana
  • Interests:Airsoft, Cycling, Music (Metal, almost all sub-genres), Video Games, Photography, and umm.... other stuff.

Posted 16 March 2011 - 09:57 PM

QUOTE (Fudge911 @ Mar 16 2011, 09:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You misunderstood my post. I already know there is a spring in the trigger system; I was questioning Exarch's statement that "the spring is on the trigger".

On all the springers I've taken apart, there actually is a spring on the trigger itself.

Your post didn't make any sense. Could you please phrase it better?

Yeah, he could have phrased it better, but I get what he is saying. When it is said a gas pistol is leaking, that always means gas, unless specifically specified. He was making fun of you for asking a stupid question.

QUOTE (Fudge911 @ Mar 16 2011, 09:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Actually, many companies sell M4s under the real name.
Systema, Umarex, Echo 1, Celcius, CA, etc.

I had a bit of a brain fart when posting that, but the point still stands. KWA may sell a rifle as a KWA KM4, but everyone will still call it a M4.

#14 Fudge911

Fudge911

Posted 17 March 2011 - 02:18 PM

QUOTE (Arrowana @ Mar 16 2011, 10:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
On all the springers I've taken apart, there actually is a spring on the trigger itself.

Yeah, he could have phrased it better, but I get what he is saying. When it is said a gas pistol is leaking, that always means gas, unless specifically specified. He was making fun of you for asking a stupid question.

I had a bit of a brain fart when posting that, but the point still stands. KWA may sell a rifle as a KWA KM4, but everyone will still call it a M4.

He never said that the Crosman he owned was a gas gun. But I couldn't fully understand the post, so he might have stated that.

There's a spring on the trigger?
I thought the spring was inside the gun. a-laugh.gif

Edited by Fudge911, 17 March 2011 - 02:19 PM.

Fudge911 ϟ

Ⓕⓤⓓⓖⓔ

#15 Fudge911

Fudge911

Posted 17 March 2011 - 02:22 PM

QUOTE (phitat @ Mar 16 2011, 10:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hey fudge I think that if you're gonna be serious about airsoft then just save up your money and get at least something like a cyma cm028 or something like that because it will last you much longer and you can use it to learn more about the sport, don't buy cheap springers because it might just break on you again and just gonna cost you a lot more in the long run, this is from a personal experience because I've destroyed about 8 springers in 3 month, that cost a total $150, now I have a we 1911 that have about 8,000 rounds through it and did broke once in 2 years but only cost $15 to fix, so just try your best to save up and get a decent gun man and you'll be glad that you did.

I don't only have spring guns. But thanks for the advice.

Fudge911 ϟ

Ⓕⓤⓓⓖⓔ

#16 Arrowana

Arrowana

Posted 17 March 2011 - 05:42 PM

QUOTE (Fudge911 @ Mar 17 2011, 02:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He never said that the Crosman he owned was a gas gun. But I couldn't fully understand the post, so he might have stated that.
There's a spring on the trigger?
I thought the spring was inside the gun. a-laugh.gif

The trigger extends into the gun, I never said you would see it without taking it apart.

Look back, he actually did say it was a gas gun.

#17 Penguin_Mojito

Penguin_Mojito

Posted 17 March 2011 - 06:00 PM

Fudge im not going to make a bad impression. but please save and get a decent gun, maybe when reassembled you could give this gun to a cousin or something. But youll be much happier and realize that crosman is crap if you where to buy a quality gun (You don't need to spend a heavy amount.) Just saying there are better options, and crosman does suck, but only to experienced players, to the Newbies (Which we all where, and ill admit I was too) its a high quality 1337 piece of plastic. a-wink.gif

Penguin Mojito also Known as AirsoftKing95. Gearbox Tech, Outlaw Airsoft Co-Owner.

#18 Fudge911

Fudge911

Posted 26 March 2011 - 01:04 PM

QUOTE (airsoftking95 @ Mar 17 2011, 07:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Fudge im not going to make a bad impression. but please save and get a decent gun, maybe when reassembled you could give this gun to a cousin or something. But youll be much happier and realize that crosman is crap if you where to buy a quality gun (You don't need to spend a heavy amount.) Just saying there are better options, and crosman does suck, but only to experienced players, to the Newbies (Which we all where, and ill admit I was too) its a high quality 1337 piece of plastic. a-wink.gif

I'd have to admit, Crosman's AEG line is horrible, but their shotgun and pistol line are okay. Some of their shotguns and pistols are even decent.

Just to clarify some things, I do not only have Crosman guns. I have a couple TMs, a Classic Army gun, and 2 Crosman pistols.

Fudge911 ϟ

Ⓕⓤⓓⓖⓔ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users