to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share

Important Announcement!

Our Pinzgauer Project is in "Pre Launch" - Click Here to let us know what you think before the project goes live.

Photo
- - - - -

Looking to make ANOTHER TM/KJW G26 (I know I know, I'm sick)

• Please log in to reply
127 replies to this topic

#1 mike_mcnair

mike_mcnair

Posted 22 March 2011 - 07:26 PM

so, it's been a while, and after selling my old TM G26 with the STEEL SLIDE and Barrel, I have missed it EVERY DAY. my son does also (and he's almost 8 :) )

funny thing is, over the last year, I have stayed in constant contact with the person I sold it to, and he assured me I could buy it back at an agreed price. well, once I got the money, he said the gun was stolen from his car. :(

so I just focused on my real steel for the time being... I have gone through a real steel glock G27 .40, a Walther PPS 9mm, and currently daily CCW a Taurus PT111 Mil Pro 9mm (3rd edition, fully polished, night sights, lots of internal work etc. its pretty sick, I am proud of it!)

but something in side of me still missed my airsoft guns. and frankly, I am at the shooting range all the time, but a box of 9mm ammo is 11-16 dollars, and I could go through 3 boxes in an hr PLUS paying for the lave, well, it gets expensive to plink with real steel.

so, I was looking around the forums, and came across another STEEL SLIDE AND BARREL SET (GUARDER-04) which CAME WITH the spring set for it as well (GUARDER-05)....... so I had to jump on it as they are harder to find than teets on a bull!!!

and, I do still have a TM G26 (allllll plastic) for my son, but he still thought it was not as cool as my FULLY BUILT TM G26.

long story short, I ordered a new KJW G27 as the base for this project, as it has the heavy weight frame, and comes with a metal slide and barrel (aluminum, but will be great to put on the plastic TM and then I can sell it to recoup my money spent on the new stuff.

so this begins the new build, of another ultimate TM G26, most parts of which arrived today.

this is only the beginning. this time I am going a little further then the last.

I have the "Clipdraw" already, and the STEEL slide and outer barrel have been shipped.

there may be some polishing, etc on this build, I am not too sure, but I know it's gonna be the second of a kind: a fully steel (aside from polymer grip) G26 with massive output.

this time, I will get it chrono'd, and I will prove it's power with video's etc, because last time I didnt.

so please stay tuned. :)

Edited by mike_mcnair, 23 March 2011 - 05:08 PM.

Turbos, Timepieces and 9mm's

#2 mike_mcnair

mike_mcnair

Posted 23 March 2011 - 05:07 PM

amazing to see the difference between the stock mag valve, and the ACTION valve. look closely at the size of the holes the gas can go through.

#3 KWAboi1

KWAboi1
  • Interests:Airsofting, swimming, marching band
  • SOA Name: KWAboi1

Posted 23 March 2011 - 05:54 PM

I will watch this thread, lol. You make awsome pistols.

#4 mike_mcnair

mike_mcnair

Posted 23 March 2011 - 06:28 PM

Thanks mate!! I try.

This one is gonna be the best yet, I have some interesting plans in store.

Being a gunsmith for real steel (amungst other things) I like to go as real as possible. So weight and feel and power are my primary objectives. Then comes looks.

Once I machine this inner barrel it will look like the real steel(since the inner barrel is usually silver or gold in color, this one of from a G17 and is BLACK, so it will hide inside the outerbarrel making it invisible :) )

This will add to the authentic look of the gun when finished. I am also polishing ALL I ternals for super smooth action (all of which will be steel)

My airsof guns are always a little over the top, but hats the fun part!!! ;)

#5 KWAboi1

KWAboi1

Posted 23 March 2011 - 06:55 PM

how much does it cost to build a pistol like this?

#6 mike_mcnair

mike_mcnair

Posted 23 March 2011 - 07:22 PM

honestly, way too much, but its fun, so who cares about cost!!!

ok, so here is the list so far of goodies.....

KJW G27 and TM G26 base (I have both and am using the best parts from each)

Guarder STEEL SLIDE AND OUTER BARREL
Guarder Recoil and Hammer spring kit
Guarder STEEL recoil spring guide
Guarder STEEL magazine release lever/catch
Guarder STEEL trigger lever
Steel Magazine extension
Steel rocket valve/bulb
PDI Piston Head
PRO-ARMS TM G17 Inner Barrel modified to fit G26
Airsoft Surgeon Super Hard Loading Nozzle for G17
ACTION Enhanced Separate Magazine LIP
ACTION High Output Valve
HIDAKAYA rocket valve spring
Shooters Design Steel trigger lever from a G17
KJW G27 Heavyweight frame
9 Ball Air seal chamber/hop up rubber
(secret night sights, you will see them later ;) )

and more to come :)

#7 KWAboi1

KWAboi1

Posted 23 March 2011 - 10:19 PM

Does the KJW frame have trades?

#8 mike_mcnair

mike_mcnair

Posted 23 March 2011 - 10:29 PM

QUOTE (KWAboi1 @ Mar 23 2011, 11:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Does the KJW frame have trades?

Nope, and I like that. If you want a g26 TM with trades and a metal slide I have one for sale.

#9 KWAboi1

KWAboi1

Posted 23 March 2011 - 11:19 PM

QUOTE (mike_mcnair @ Mar 23 2011, 08:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nope, and I like that. If you want a g26 TM with trades and a metal slide I have one for sale.

Is that the TM g26 frame and the KJW metal frame? lol

#10 mike_mcnair

mike_mcnair

Posted 24 March 2011 - 11:04 AM

QUOTE (KWAboi1 @ Mar 24 2011, 12:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is that the TM g26 frame and the KJW metal frame? lol

lol, yup. it will be the TM G26 GUN, with the KJW aluminum outer barrel and SLIDE. finding ANY METAL BARRELS and SLIDES for these things is rediculous, so the fact that I have 2 is uncanny (one being STEEL, which you would have to pry from my cold dead hands to get)

#11 KWAboi1

KWAboi1

Posted 24 March 2011 - 05:02 PM

QUOTE (mike_mcnair @ Mar 24 2011, 09:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
lol, yup. it will be the TM G26 GUN, with the KJW aluminum outer barrel and SLIDE. finding ANY METAL BARRELS and SLIDES for these things is rediculous, so the fact that I have 2 is uncanny (one being STEEL, which you would have to pry from my cold dead hands to get)

Does the KJW slide have trades?

#12 mike_mcnair

mike_mcnair

Posted 24 March 2011 - 06:37 PM

QUOTE (KWAboi1 @ Mar 24 2011, 06:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Does the KJW slide have trades?

actually, NO it does not. I have looked high and low to find a metal (of any kind) slide with trades and they are basically extinct. the fact that I scored a STEEL slide is uncanny. that is why I bought it almost the exact day it was listed. and paid WELL OVER 150% of its cost. but that's how things go. in fact, the first STEEL SLIDE I got 2 years ago I paid 400 PLUS had to give up my full trademarked G27 aluminum slide up in the deal.

so yeah, trades on a metal slide for a TM = basically impossible to get.

KSC is a different story, but in my opinion, the TM is a superior product. and I have build a really sick KSC glock......

http://www.airsoftca...ghlight=KSC G26

#13 FalconGroup6

FalconGroup6

TaskForce Trident - O D A 524 Callsign: Voodoo

• Elite
  • 3,245 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, Airsoft, oh and did I say AIRSOFT! :)

Posted 24 March 2011 - 06:56 PM

Ahhhh its great to see Mike back pistol building again, welcome back Mike!!!

But so far this looks like another seriously BA Glock build bro and I cant wait to see another update with some nice pistol pics :)

Now even though when it comes to Glocks im a diehard KSC fan, its always great to see any Glock being built.

And price wise a pistol like this def costs a chunk of change to build, but if uve got the loot and the passion then why not build one.

Over the last decade ive spent THOUSANDS of dollars on Airsoft weapons and products, but if its something u love then the dollar amount doesnt mean much IMO.

Mike I know this build is gonna be straight up beast and please keep this thread updated :)
WE Gen 3 CQBR-

"The end of War comes when the other side falls"
Fast is Slow - Slow is Quick - Quick is Smooth - Smooth is Deadly
High Speed - Low Drag - SBR Operator
Gas - Gun - Guru
Long Live AWSS!!!

#14 mike_mcnair

mike_mcnair

Posted 24 March 2011 - 07:01 PM

thanks bro, good to be back (and to see old friends ;) )

as for this build, its gonna be pretty different than my others, but will be strong etc, just wait, you'll see........ ;)

#15 FalconGroup6

FalconGroup6

• Elite
  • 3,245 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 09:55 PM

Its good to have u back bro :)

And im really happy ur building another G26, ur last builds were truly pieces of art.

I cant wait to see what u do with this one now, im sure its gonna be sick!
WE Gen 3 CQBR-

Gas - Gun - Guru
Long Live AWSS!!!

#16 forrest225

forrest225

Posted 25 March 2011 - 06:03 AM

QUOTE (mike_mcnair @ Mar 23 2011, 07:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
(secret night sights, you will see them later ;) )

and more to come :)

Those sights are nice, you can see the baggy for them in the second pic :) Will the slide accept them without mods?

Edited by forrest225, 25 March 2011 - 06:08 AM.

QUOTE (-(eset)-HX @ Dec 20 2008, 10:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
^most people you know is stupid...

#17 mike_mcnair

mike_mcnair

Posted 25 March 2011 - 02:11 PM

QUOTE (forrest225 @ Mar 25 2011, 07:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Those sights are nice, you can see the baggy for them in the second pic :) Will the slide accept them without mods?

Ahhhhhhhhhhh, you THOUGHT you were being sneaky, BUT; that is the baggie for my RS Wilson combat nite eyes I have on my PT111 Mil Pro 9mm. I do indeed LOVE them!!!

But, the sights for this gun will require no mods to fit the slide, will be custom made by ME :) and will be a weeeeeee bit different than anyone has seen yet.

Stay tuned ;)

#18 ttrando

ttrando

Posted 25 March 2011 - 03:19 PM

QUOTE (mike_mcnair @ Mar 24 2011, 08:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
thanks bro, good to be back (and to see old friends ;) )

as for this build, its gonna be pretty different than my others, but will be strong etc, just wait, you'll see........ ;)

Mike- I loved your first build and it inspired me to do a similar build on my kjw G23. But I have many more limitations- smaller budget and fewer parts for g23. Also may I ask how you fitted the g17 barrel? I'd like to do this on my g23. Also any tips? Thanks

#19 forrest225

forrest225

Posted 25 March 2011 - 09:50 PM

QUOTE (mike_mcnair @ Mar 25 2011, 02:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ahhhhhhhhhhh, you THOUGHT you were being sneaky, BUT; that is the baggie for my RS Wilson combat nite eyes I have on my PT111 Mil Pro 9mm. I do indeed LOVE them!!!

But, the sights for this gun will require no mods to fit the slide, will be custom made by ME :) and will be a weeeeeee bit different than anyone has seen yet.

Stay tuned ;)

*GASP*

Can't wait to see them, and the whole finished pistol for that matter!

QUOTE (-(eset)-HX @ Dec 20 2008, 10:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
^most people you know is stupid...

#20 mike_mcnair

mike_mcnair

Posted 25 March 2011 - 09:56 PM

Whomever said limited parts for G23 is out of their :censored2: mind!!!! You can make ANYTHING fit if you understand how it works, and it's dimensions(parts wise). Those that don't: MAKE THEM FIT!!!

A dremmel is your best friend. Buy parts that are not meant for the gun but are better than you have, an MAKE THEM FIT!

That's my only advise tonight.....

More later ;)

#21 Wingman

Wingman

Posted 26 March 2011 - 10:47 AM

I'd like to see what you could do with a TM Detonics. I love the compacts like you. Looking forward to seeing the finished piece.

#22 mike_mcnair

mike_mcnair

Posted 27 March 2011 - 09:49 AM

QUOTE (Wingman @ Mar 26 2011, 11:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'd like to see what you could do with a TM Detonics. I love the compacts like you. Looking forward to seeing the finished piece.

never seen one,but I bet I could make one pretty sick. what type of pistol is it based off of?

also, just to give yo u guys an idea as to where I am going..... think TALO GLOCK EXO ;) POSSIBLY the TALO Premier GOLD edition, but not entirely sure how to duplicate that finish....

;)

http://taloinc.com/glock.htm

#23 mike_mcnair

mike_mcnair

Posted 27 March 2011 - 10:32 AM

just googled it. and the detonics is a 1911. I had a build I had to abort on a TM 1911 (3.8") located here.....

http://www.airsoftca...t=make powerful

#24 KWAboi1

KWAboi1

Posted 27 March 2011 - 11:45 AM

QUOTE (mike_mcnair @ Mar 27 2011, 07:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
never seen one,but I bet I could make one pretty sick. what type of pistol is it based off of?

also, just to give yo u guys an idea as to where I am going..... think TALO GLOCK EXO ;) POSSIBLY the TALO Premier GOLD edition, but not entirely sure how to duplicate that finish....

;)

http://taloinc.com/glock.htm

That glock is SEXY, can't wait till you finish it.
Oh and to get that finish, go to a car shop, or some local shop where they can electroplate finishes for you. I'm pretty sure you can put some nickle or zince coating with that blue shiney finish :) shouldn't be too expensive too.

Edited by KWAboi1, 27 March 2011 - 03:18 PM.

#25 mike_mcnair

mike_mcnair

Posted 27 March 2011 - 09:26 PM

The nickel look or zync look is easy, the "dark smoked polish mirror" look is HARD bro.

And btw, I AM a car shop ;) how do you think I have the access to do the stuff I do :P

#26 KWAboi1

KWAboi1

Posted 27 March 2011 - 10:33 PM

QUOTE (mike_mcnair @ Mar 27 2011, 07:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The nickel look or zync look is easy, the "dark smoked polish mirror" look is HARD bro.

And btw, I AM a car shop ;) how do you think I have the access to do the stuff I do :P

LOL you are at a car shop. All I can think of is electroplating a nickel or zinc finish then using some 1,000-3,000+ grit sand paper and polish it with some brasso, mother's polish or whatever kind of polish compound you can get your hands on lol.

#27 mike_mcnair

mike_mcnair

Posted 27 March 2011 - 10:43 PM

did you see tha "Black Polish, smoke" sorta finish on that pistol I linked to? it seams impossible to duplicate.....

its fully mirror polished, but looks like a car window that has tint on it.........

#28 FalconGroup6

FalconGroup6

• Elite
  • 3,245 posts

Posted 28 March 2011 - 10:57 AM

Mike uve got me dying to see where ur going with this build lol, got any pics so far???

Im also a sucker for Compacts, they make a great back-up weapon on the field.

I own 5 Compacts right now.......

KSC Glock 26C (PRIME Slide/Outer barrel and fully built internals)
KSC M945C (Stock)
TM Detonics (Guarder Electro-Plated MBK and fully built internals)
TM Detonics (Upgraded springs and Loading nozzle)
Western Arms Springfield V10 Compact (Stock for now ;) )

I think I wanna pick up a WA Wilson Combat Compact next and build the hell out of it.
WE Gen 3 CQBR-

Gas - Gun - Guru
Long Live AWSS!!!

#29 KWAboi1

KWAboi1

Posted 28 March 2011 - 06:39 PM

As a last resort you can ask the RS company to put that finish on the slide for you. Probably will be expensive though. Are you going to jewl the barrel with rhinestones or something? lol

#30 FalconGroup6

FalconGroup6

• Elite
  • 3,245 posts

Posted 29 March 2011 - 11:16 AM

Mike u need to build this bad boy and then.......

SELL IT TO ME!! lol

But im very curious on how this G26 is gonna look, got any pics so far???
WE Gen 3 CQBR-

Gas - Gun - Guru
Long Live AWSS!!!

#31 mike_mcnair

mike_mcnair

Posted 30 March 2011 - 09:57 PM

updates:

I have parts coming (or already arrived) from so many different places its not even funny. many places I ordered just 1 part from, because they had it and no one else did.

Falcon, you will LOVE the end result, I promise you, but NO, you cannot buy it as it would be WAY to expensive for me to logically/comfortably sell to ANYONE. I am honestly prepared (and well on my way) for spending around 1000-1200 on this once things are said and done.

now, my last pistol (TM G26, VERY SIMILAR to this one) cost me around 900 to build, and I am taking this one further. not to mention the HOURS it takes to fully polish ALLLLLL internals for the smoothest, most reactive and powerfully precise pistol I can. you know I go a little beyond nuts on these things ; )

here are the updates:

trigger safety installed from a TM G26.

guarder slide and barrel were delivered yesterday and put on last night!!!!!!!, I just polished breach tonight, and installed the following....

Guarder STEEL magazine release lever/catch
Airsoft Surgeon Super Hard Loading Nozzle for G17
ACTION Enhanced Separate Magazine LIP
ACTION High Output Valve
HIDAKAYA rocket valve spring
Steel Magazine extension
Steel rocket valve/bulb
PDI Piston Head

still waiting for more parts, also waiting to decide how I am going to finish the slide. but here are some pic for now.........

Edited by mike_mcnair, 30 March 2011 - 10:06 PM.

#32 KWAboi1

KWAboi1

Posted 31 March 2011 - 09:38 AM

it looks awsome, are you going to put rhinestones or little jewls on the barrel like the RS one you linked lol?

#33 mike_mcnair

mike_mcnair

Posted 31 March 2011 - 12:21 PM

QUOTE (KWAboi1 @ Mar 31 2011, 10:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
it looks awsome, are you going to put rhinestones or little jewls on the barrel like the RS one you linked lol?

lol, thanks, and NO. that RS is the TALO version, and it is actually laser etching on the breach, I am looking into getting that done, but I assure you it is NOT rhinestones!!! lol

if it were I could pull out the old BEDAZZLER and go to town lol.

#34 KWAboi1

KWAboi1

Posted 31 March 2011 - 05:06 PM

lol

#35 FalconGroup6

FalconGroup6

• Elite
  • 3,245 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 05:49 PM

Mike its looking oh so sexy bro.

That chamber is ultra shinny, loving it!

So what parts are going in next???
WE Gen 3 CQBR-

Gas - Gun - Guru
Long Live AWSS!!!

#36 mike_mcnair

mike_mcnair

Posted 01 April 2011 - 12:40 AM

I gotta make the TBB fit, which I'll likely do tomorrow. I am also going to a powdercoating/chromer tomorrow to see if I can pull off the "BLACK CHROME" from the talo ;)

still waiting on a few things actually, which is REALLY PISSING ME OFF!!!!!!

#37 KWAboi1

KWAboi1

Posted 01 April 2011 - 02:09 AM

Is it costly to get a powder coat finish? Can't wait to see this beast finished.

#38 mike_mcnair

mike_mcnair

Posted 01 April 2011 - 07:47 AM

well, that depends. if I did it like hot pink, it would be pricey, but since its black, they will likely be able to throw it in with a batch they are already doing. this helps reduce the cost. I have been using this place for a while, and they do GREAT work. in fact, on their color samples page,some of the pix are of parts I had done by them (many many of the parts in fact)

http://boneheadperfo...color-charts/#6

#39 FalconGroup6

FalconGroup6

• Elite
  • 3,245 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 08:45 AM

Power coating huh, interesting.

Cant wait to see how it comes out, im sure itll look pretty damn good.

Mike what TBB are u making fit, u couldnt pick up a tight bore thats made for the G26???

And when do u think ur putting the slide in for powder coating???
WE Gen 3 CQBR-

Gas - Gun - Guru
Long Live AWSS!!!

#40 KWAboi1

KWAboi1

Posted 01 April 2011 - 05:11 PM

can you ship stuff to them to get it power coated?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users