to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share

Important Announcement!

Our Pinzgauer Project is in "Pre Launch" - Click Here to let us know what you think before the project goes live.

Photo
- - - - -

What is your opinion on Airsplat.com

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#1 Snipes

Snipes

Posted 22 March 2011 - 07:51 PM

im thinking of buying a g&g gr15 raider from airsplat because there is no shipping.
Is it reliable?
good customer service?
have any of you experienced problems with them?

#2 hmg9194

hmg9194
  • Interests:Airsoft Xbox Woman Friends Traveling Electronics and School.
  • SOA Name: hmg9194

Posted 22 March 2011 - 08:01 PM

http://www.airsoftfo...at-t199602.html

Please search next time, been discussed several times before and getting redundant.

QUOTE (airborne101 @ Feb 16 2011, 01:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I clump ghetto, gangsta, and homeboy all into the same category. Gangstas generally live in the ghetto, and have a bunch of homeboys.

#3 jIMMY37

jIMMY37
  • Interests:RC. PC's. Older guns. Tinkering. Making things work. Infinite Bass custom subwoofer boxes.

Posted 22 March 2011 - 08:16 PM

They don't listen to their customers, the airsoft community, or reason.

Does ASGI have it? They do "free shipping" on things over a hundred dollars, then you can use coupon codes to bring the price down a bit.

I don't vent, I'm violently honest.

QUOTE (Zemanova @ Nov 7 2011, 01:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
don't get this one. itll go in and get lost
http://www.khmountai...rsoft/HP006.jpg
trust me, im a gynecologist

#4 Snipes

Snipes

Posted 22 March 2011 - 08:26 PM

QUOTE (jIMMY37 @ Mar 22 2011, 09:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They don't listen to their customers, the airsoft community, or reason.

Does ASGI have it? They do "free shipping" on things over a hundred dollars, then you can use coupon codes to bring the price down a bit.

ya im going to order from AGI

#5 shadowrunner

shadowrunner

Posted 23 March 2011 - 09:25 PM

How many threads do we need to have on this subject?

Airsplat has been 100% reliable and very great to me and when I ran a field, to anyone coming to me for an order.

Not a bad company at all. Just as reliable and great Customer Service as anyone else in internet-land will give ya.

But, please search the forums and read before asking questions ... this has been gone over and over and over quite a few times in the past 6 months at least.
Removed the Evike bashing cause it out-lived it' s usefulness.

#6 jIMMY37

jIMMY37
  • Interests:RC. PC's. Older guns. Tinkering. Making things work. Infinite Bass custom subwoofer boxes.

Posted 23 March 2011 - 10:14 PM

You keep saying that, shadow, but I haven't seen it.

Oh, did you live in Arkansas?

#7 AirSplat.com

AirSplat.com
  • Interests:Airsoft!

Posted 26 March 2011 - 05:12 PM

QUOTE (hmg9194 @ Mar 22 2011, 05:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
http://www.airsoftfo...at-t199602.html

Please search next time, been discussed several times before and getting redundant.

snipes glad to see your interst in airsoft and one of our guns. Where ever you order, we wish you the best. We're here if you have any problems.

The above link to the thread is long and a heavy read, so I wouldn't blame you if you didn't read it all. But you'll notice we have our fans... and haters. More so the first, than the later. a-wink.gif

I won't bash on any one else, but will say that we've been around for the longest and we've done so with lots of hard work and sweat. I won't say we're perfect, but we try. One example of this is our presense here on the forums, in fact we spend a lot of time on lots of forums trying to pick up any customers who fell through the cracks or just to help out with questions people may have.

A few things to take into consideration. We have been around for a very long time, one of the longest in the industry. And despite some apprehensive feelings towards us, that should state volumes. In fact, us being here should as well.

Unfortutantely, being big or the biggest does come with a price. And being an easy target and commonly picked on happens to be one of them. I'm not saying all negative remarks are unsubstantiated or untrue, but some of them may not be 100% accurate and may not even be from personal experience.

The only suggestion I can truly offer is, do as you see fit and because you want to, not becuase someone tells you to. a-salute.gif

Thanks for posting the question and if you need us, feel free to reach out; either by email, phone, or PM.

Edited by AirSplat.com, 26 March 2011 - 06:09 PM.

#8 Zemanova

Zemanova

Taste my bullets, you'll feel no shame and no regret

• Elite
  • 5,349 posts
  • Interests:airsoft

Posted 26 March 2011 - 06:10 PM

theyve been reliable for me in the past during my springer days and got a free tac shottie from them
but I don't bother with airsplat anymore because their paypal system is too much of a pita and it took a really long time between payment and delivery back then

Edited by Dusti69, 26 March 2011 - 06:11 PM.

Snayperskaya Vintovka Dragunova
QUOTE (Bomb has been planted @ Jan 2 2011, 11:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
real ak's come with dead tree

#9 jIMMY37

jIMMY37

Posted 26 March 2011 - 08:13 PM

I didn't see any paypal on my last two orders.

And there's more than one retailer claiming to be the biggest.

#10 Lon3Wo1f

Lon3Wo1f

Extreme Collector, UCSD Class of 2015

• Authorized Seller Free
  • 1,244 posts
  • Interests:Airsofting, Computer Building, and most of all Star Wars!
  • SOA Name: Lon3Wo1f

Posted 26 March 2011 - 08:18 PM

QUOTE (jIMMY37 @ Mar 26 2011, 06:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

By pure volume of sales (internet and walk-in), exactly who is the largest us retailer?

I would assume it would be one of the big 3 (ASGI, Evike, or Airsplat), but have any of them actually released their sale numbers/annual profits?
QUOTE (theyoungone10 @ Jun 15 2010, 02:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Congrats. You're the new Necro Post Champion! Over 6 years. WOW
QUOTE (Automobilie @ Jul 27 2010, 08:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The only problem is that they can sue you if they're still alive.........so you probably have to knife them or something.....
QUOTE (defasturias @ Sep 16 2010, 03:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
However I feel more comfortable holding a strangers d**k than a G36.
QUOTE (aznriptide859 @ Mar 15 2011, 07:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Or Antarctica, land of the automatic electric penguins.
QUOTE (Purple_ninja @ Dec 6 2012, 05:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No, I don't like hop up. Maybe people do, but I do alot of long range combat, and the hop up just screws me up.

#11 Zemanova

Zemanova

Taste my bullets, you'll feel no shame and no regret

• Elite
  • 5,349 posts
  • Interests:airsoft

Posted 26 March 2011 - 08:20 PM

QUOTE (jIMMY37 @ Mar 26 2011, 09:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thats why its a huge pita. they accept it but don't have it as a usable payment feature in their checkout
I forget what it was like. you had to go through check out, click pay with paypal I think, and then you had to get their pp address and manualy go on paypal.com and send them the payment yourself. and then it took forever for me to get my stuff in the mail

Edited by Dusti69, 26 March 2011 - 08:21 PM.

Snayperskaya Vintovka Dragunova
QUOTE (Bomb has been planted @ Jan 2 2011, 11:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
real ak's come with dead tree

#12 AirSplat.com

AirSplat.com

Posted 27 March 2011 - 04:23 PM

QUOTE (Dusti69 @ Mar 26 2011, 03:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
theyve been reliable for me in the past during my springer days and got a free tac shottie from them
but I don't bother with airsplat anymore because their paypal system is too much of a pita and it took a really long time between payment and delivery back then

We have paypal integrated into the shopping cart, but ended up disabling it because of some difficulties with their system not releasing the funds.
If there are many of you that would like to use it, I would be happy to bring it up to management to see if the issue has been resolved and they can enable it again.

#13 Caustic Echo

Caustic Echo

Posted 27 March 2011 - 06:47 PM

QUOTE (Snipes @ Mar 22 2011, 08:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
im thinking of buying a g&g gr15 raider from airsplat because there is no shipping.
Is it reliable?
good customer service?
have any of you experienced problems with them?

first I just don't like airsplat as an online retailer. their site doest look professional, items aren't usually clearly marked in/out of stock, their isnt much of a description on item either.

also the g&g raider has crap internals

#14 Penguin_Mojito

Penguin_Mojito

Posted 27 March 2011 - 07:19 PM

QUOTE (Caustic Echo @ Mar 27 2011, 07:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
first I just don't like airsplat as an online retailer. their site doest look professional, items aren't usually clearly marked in/out of stock, their isnt much of a description on item either.

Woah, Woah, Woah, Stop there a-shocked.gif . No the G&G has great internals.

Oh my god, so much wrong with this, Tell me one manufacture that makes an armalite under $200 that has 8mm Brass bearings, metal spring guide, great piston, fantastic gearset, metal shims, and a double o-ringed air nozzle.The only gripe is the motor, but even with the motor it has great internals. Trust me kid, ive worked on multiple G&G's, JG's, and KWA's, and tbh, I am more impressed with the value I got out of the G&G than the KWA. Get the G&G, and "Caustic Echo" If you say "Mine Broke" then **** is going to hit the fan, its the ones who don't take care of their guns that have them break on them.

And yeah my gearbox in my G&G cracked, but that was because of me playing in 14* weather, but now im responsible, and take prestine care of my guns and the hobby. a-salute.gif

(Btw, Ive never hated Airsplat, and would love to do buisness with them, but ASGI has a way better site.)

Penguin Mojito also Known as AirsoftKing95. Gearbox Tech, Outlaw Airsoft Co-Owner.

#15 AirSplat.com

AirSplat.com

Posted 27 March 2011 - 07:42 PM

QUOTE (Caustic Echo @ Mar 27 2011, 03:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Echo I think it must be a long time since you've come to our site. Part of the last update 2 years ago addressed the issue of in stock and out of clearly listed on all items in big bold red letters. Please take a look here is 1 example below
http://www.airsplat....FC-AKS-74UN.htm

QUOTE (airsoftking95 @ Mar 27 2011, 04:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
(Btw, Ive never hated Airsplat, and would love to do buisness with them, but ASGI has a way better site.)

thanks... I think. a-cool.gif but we would love t hear more feedback on what some of the differences and opinions on the 2 sites.

I think it's just me, and I'm not expressing the opinion of the company when I say this, but I feel like our site navigational is so much more straight forward. GI's site is almost a little over whelming and hectic. I get lost and it seems like products overlap in different categories. It could be just what I'm not used to. But any input you have will go straight to managment.

Thanks.

#16 Penguin_Mojito

Penguin_Mojito

Posted 27 March 2011 - 08:03 PM

No offense airsplat, but you commenting on this topic makes it a bit akward.
If you guys redo your website layout, and add a much friendlier outlook, and a way better youtube channel, I might consider it, and if you guys had your stock much more organized.

Your a veteran company, and I guess people expect more out of you guys.

Best of luck you guys. We are only customers, the best deals will always attract us. a-wink.gif

Penguin Mojito also Known as AirsoftKing95. Gearbox Tech, Outlaw Airsoft Co-Owner.

#17 Roger-That!

Roger-That!

Posted 27 March 2011 - 08:08 PM

Theres alot of... Stuff going on, with the airsplat website. To much info=bad. You litterally have information, relevent or not... ranging from the top of the page, to the bottom. Each seperated with pictures, and more text.. on top of that, the links are plentiful, however confusing. Stuff I'd want to buy is probably half way down the link list and only marked as, "Entry and Middle level..." which doesn't sound like one would expect looking for CYMA and the like. 13 links, and it takes half of them to find quality?

The very first large box that appears is for mini-electrics. The first things people see, are what they judge a site on. Do you want to be judged on mini electrics and lots of useless information? Your website doesn't feel like a business website. It looks like a 2003 webpress blog, filled with widgets and odd blog posts. Not to mention the boring color scheme makes it feel like a default web template.

Compare your webpage to say; ASGI.

ASGI site is very modern, very tacticool. With airsoft being just as much about looks as it is performance. Your immediatly drawn into the flash graphics, displaying great photos of new products people are looking for. Looking for an XCR? Bam. they've got a photo right there to draw you in!

I think their search function does over-lap. Alot. However it brings up things that fit into each search criteria. Not a bad thing. At all. It makes finding what you want, easy and available. Their links are very straight forward, and for the most part... You'll find what you're looking for.

Honestly, I believe 99% of all airsoft retailers have a better site then Airsplat...

Evike for example; Their homepage is decent too. They have alot of NEW, EXCITING merchandise available from the get go. They keep the TEXT minimal, with lots of photos to compensate. Every time I hit up their website, I click SOMETHING I didn't intend too on their home page, just because it caught my interest. Their categories, and links are probably my favorite, ever. If I want an airsoft gun, they have a link for it! That then brings me to all the categories, and I can go from there. Makes it easy, and cleaner imo.

Even smaller retailers like weapon blender;

They have the big relevent pictures right there, filled with new goodies. Very simple navigation... and the colors are a great combo.

What all these sites have over Airsplat? You know what they're selling; and it's not mini-electrics.

#18 shadowrunner

shadowrunner

Posted 28 March 2011 - 11:20 AM

QUOTE (jIMMY37 @ Mar 23 2011, 10:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You keep saying that, shadow, but I haven't seen it.

Oh, did you live in Arkansas?

Yep, I did.

I dunno how to "prove" my business relationship with airsplat to anyone, other than by saying it. I suppose I could scan copies of my order list, but that would give away too much information ... and I didn't bother to video document each time I placed an order, when and how long it took.

Or record any phone conversations, or anything.

I have no real "solid" evidence to show anyone really.

All you have is my word, and I can assure you of two things though:

1-If Airsplat was ever horrible to me in anyway, I wouldn't say publicly that they were 100% straight with me.
and
2- I do not work for Airsplat, nor am paid by them at all in any kind of fashion. ( Yeah someone asked me that here recently.)

Airsplat themselves can back up these statements if they so choose to.

All in all... I have to digress back to my originating statements about Airsplat.

Even though they do need to do some updating ( getting product information absolutely updated and correct. ) to their site, they are not a bad company for airsoft over-all.
As an online retailer, you will not find any single one 100% flawless. That's business , and just the reality of things. There is always room for human error in any aspect of buying and selling.

If you look hard enough, you'll find folks that "hate Airsoft GI " because of such and such. Replace Airsoft GI with about any retailer you can find, and there will be someone who feels they "got screwed" for one reason or another, fact or not.

It says a lot to me that Airsplat looks at these threads and responds to them. They are at least concerned with getting to the core of issues, and seeking some remedy to what ails different folks about them. You can't tell me any other company looks or even takes steps to do this out-side a selected targeted marketing groups.
Granted, it's impossible for anyone, Airsplat included, to cater to each individual on a mass scale. They must always do things based off business aspects that are good for the vast majority of their business. But, at least they do read these things, wonder exactly what it is that folks are concerned with, and if at all possible... take steps and discuss how to make it better. Somethings they can implement, other things they can not, and still remain a working company.

But, it always boils down to personal opinion.

If someone feels that Airsplat is not for them, my suggestion is to order from a retailer that appeals to themselves more.
If someone ( like me) is comfortable with Airsplat and decides to order from them , then so be it.

If someone has questions about the Company ( like the OP that started the thread ), my suggestion is to blow off any negative or positive hype that surrounds it, and try it for themselves. Decide for themselves if it was a positive experience or a negative one.

All I can do, is grant my own feedback that is positive in nature , from my own experience... and share it if it applies , or maybe help some other human being out there in any way.

I'm not really looking to "prove" anything in any case. I will stand by my opinion of Airsplat 100% until something ( I hope never ever happens) changes that opinion in a negative manner.

#19 airborne101

airborne101

If you have a problem, and no one else can help...

• Forum Administrator
  • 10,706 posts

• My Temperament:Melancholy

Posted 28 March 2011 - 11:50 AM

I have made about 4 orders or so with Airsplat, 2 of them being guns, and each time they went very well.

I have only had 2 problems with an order from Airsplat (Pay attention to what I say about this)
One time they shipped me a broken charger and the wrong battery. I contacted them about it and the replaces the charger and exchanged the battery at NO charge to me. Not even return shipping or restocking fee. They DID NOT charge me for THEIR screw up. I know ASGI and Evike don't do that. They screwed up? Oh well, you pay for it. (Evike more so than ASGI, but never the less you usually have to pay a restock fee or something)

^^^ALL of this happened before Airsplat claimed to be getting better. I am not really sure how you improve on that. Sounds like other sites have a ways to go towards better customer service IMO.

That being said, my two biggest complaints about Airsplat are their website and product selection. Simply put, it really is lacking behind other big sites like ASGI and Airsplat. You don't have nearly the gun or parts selection that they do. The site itself looks boring. Flat colors that don't really jump out at you. I agree, there is also too much information. Pictures draw people in. Make the pictures larger and the info smaller. Then, when they click on the item, then show all the info. I think ASGI and Evike have great templates of what airsofters want the sites they visit to look like. They appear to be much more professional than yours, which is going to draw people in.

#20 jIMMY37

jIMMY37

Posted 28 March 2011 - 12:24 PM

QUOTE (shadowrunner @ Mar 28 2011, 11:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yep, I did.

I dunno how to "prove" my business relationship with airsplat to anyone, other than by saying it.

Oh yea? Which part?

And I didn't mean for you to prove it. I was just saying I haven't seen your experience apart from, well, you. Many other people have had either messed up orders and cold shoulders, or long and troublesome back and forths to get problems resolved.

#21 shadowrunner

shadowrunner

Posted 28 March 2011 - 12:32 PM

QUOTE (jIMMY37 @ Mar 28 2011, 12:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh yea? Which part?

And I didn't mean for you to prove it. I was just saying I haven't seen your experience apart from, well, you. Many other people have had either messed up orders and cold shoulders, or long and troublesome back and forths to get problems resolved.

I was in Siloam Springs. Right on the Border of OK.

I have since moved twice though recently. Once up in Kansas but the company I went to work for there, sold out and moved over-seas...
So I have wandered back to the NW region of AR again, sorta close to the Bentonville Region again.

On the aspect of me being the only Positive supporter... I see that as a trend in most places actually.

I wonder if there were others like me that just don't say anything , or... if I really am just incredibly lucky as far as Airsplat goes? I honestly couldn't say either way.
Airsplat does get some minor positive feedback here from various people, here and there... I guess I'm just a bit more adamant and wordy about it though.
:)

QUOTE (airborne101 @ Mar 28 2011, 11:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have made about 4 orders or so with Airsplat, 2 of them being guns, and each time they went very well.

I have only had 2 problems with an order from Airsplat (Pay attention to what I say about this)
One time they shipped me a broken charger and the wrong battery. I contacted them about it and the replaces the charger and exchanged the battery at NO charge to me. Not even return shipping or restocking fee. They DID NOT charge me for THEIR screw up. I know ASGI and Evike don't do that. They screwed up? Oh well, you pay for it. (Evike more so than ASGI, but never the less you usually have to pay a restock fee or something)

^^^ALL of this happened before Airsplat claimed to be getting better. I am not really sure how you improve on that. Sounds like other sites have a ways to go towards better customer service IMO.

That being said, my two biggest complaints about Airsplat are their website and product selection. Simply put, it really is lacking behind other big sites like ASGI and Airsplat. You don't have nearly the gun or parts selection that they do. The site itself looks boring. Flat colors that don't really jump out at you. I agree, there is also too much information. Pictures draw people in. Make the pictures larger and the info smaller. Then, when they click on the item, then show all the info. I think ASGI and Evike have great templates of what airsofters want the sites they visit to look like. They appear to be much more professional than yours, which is going to draw people in.

I would like to add in, remove the horrible reviews from the products too.

Those " This gun is GUUD, cause it made my buddy BLEED" , or " My mom bought me this gun and it shoots HARD!" reviews aren't very "professional looking". They are actually more comments than anything. Real reviews will go over every prime aspect of a product, both positive and negative. Videos and multiple view pictures are great as well.

Edited by airborne101, 28 March 2011 - 01:10 PM.

#22 SHWELL

SHWELL
  • Interests:Airsoft, Photography, and Music Production

• My Temperament:Choleric

Posted 29 March 2011 - 06:31 AM

This thread is a prime example of Thread Jacking.. Maybe we should sticky it as an How-To...

Airsplat.com.... Start a Customer Feedback thread, you will get feedback such as this. I think these guys all have some good ideas, and can provide you with feedback that can def boost Online sales....

Maybe even hold a Video Contest.. Entrees will be vids of people breaking down "The top 5 things Airsplat can Improve"... Have you Facebook Fans vote... Make necessary changes, and WIN for everyone.

*I will add this tidbit. I have never purchased from you. Your site is not user friendly, and its appearance never gave me sense of trust. I did not feel as though it looked as legit as other retailers, therefore I never shop on it.

The Harder I work, the Better I live..... I'm retired, what am I supposed to do now?
Die. Please tell me if I'm right. Love, vietec <3

#23 machineman

machineman

Posted 29 March 2011 - 10:02 AM

well, after a few years and quite a few orders from them, I have finally run aground a problem. not a major one but a problem just the same.

it goes like this.

I get their newsletter and updates in my email. they often send discounts and inventory offers from time to time. they sent one about 3 weeks ago that offered a 20 dollar gift certificate when you post 4 online store reviews with their selected sites. I happily obliged seeing as I have never had a negative experience with them. I took the time to make accounts with the review sites and gave positive feedback ratings. now 3 weeks later, I have no gift certificate and zero response to 3 pleasant emails.

its probably not a big deal as it was offered as an "eligible" gift, which means they have the right to refuse it if they want. but its not a very good way to keep customers, especially ones that are repeats. I would like to see them hold to their offer. if airsplat happens to read this, I would like to hear some sort of specifics on the promotion itself and maybe clear up any mis communications.
If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten.
George Carlin

#24 s92harrell

s92harrell
  • Interests:Airsoft<br />Airsoft<br />Airsoft<br />Sleeping<br />Computers<br />Real Steel

Posted 29 March 2011 - 12:31 PM

To be honest, the two or three times I've actually ordered from them the orders themselves arrived on time and exactly as they should be. My problem with them comes from exactly what's been said: the website, the reviews, and the website lol. Having done a fair amount of Web Design myself, their site just bothers me lol. But again I'd like to stress: Never once has a problem with an order from them.
My biggest turn off to Airsplat came a couple weeks ago when they announced the winner of some random contest they were having and posted the winning video on facebook. They've since removed it, which, IMHO, was the right thing to do. The vid, for those who didn't see, contained what I would call "What Not To Do With An Airsoft Gun." Scenes included this kid "shooting" his sister in the eye, "shooting" kid who were on his lawn and "shooting" animals in his backyard. I just couldn't stomach the fact that a retailer would post that video except to say DON'T DO THIS.
But AGAIN: Never once had a problem with an order from them. :)
If your parents don't pay for airsoft, put this in your Sig.

LaCross on his choice of personal defense weapon:
[LaCross] 12:31 am: and ill just dremel into their spine
[LaCross] 12:32 am: with a dremel in ur pocket u look like u got a huge ween
[LaCross] 12:32 am: ur get teh wimmenz and kill teh bad gaiz

#25 jIMMY37

jIMMY37

Posted 29 March 2011 - 02:18 PM

Yea, they don't exactly see the obvious. They got back gimme about a few of my complaints from a month back and FINALLY got the ones I straight up told them about.

And he didn't notice when I was admit about that kid.

Edited by jIMMY37, 29 March 2011 - 02:22 PM.

#26 AirSplat.com

AirSplat.com

Posted 01 April 2011 - 04:07 PM

QUOTE (machineman @ Mar 29 2011, 07:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
well, after a few years and quite a few orders from them, I have finally run aground a problem. not a major one but a problem just the same.

it goes like this.

I get their newsletter and updates in my email. they often send discounts and inventory offers from time to time. they sent one about 3 weeks ago that offered a 20 dollar gift certificate when you post 4 online store reviews with their selected sites. I happily obliged seeing as I have never had a negative experience with them. I took the time to make accounts with the review sites and gave positive feedback ratings. now 3 weeks later, I have no gift certificate and zero response to 3 pleasant emails.

its probably not a big deal as it was offered as an "eligible" gift, which means they have the right to refuse it if they want. but its not a very good way to keep customers, especially ones that are repeats. I would like to see them hold to their offer. if airsplat happens to read this, I would like to hear some sort of specifics on the promotion itself and maybe clear up any mis communications.

<AT>MachineMan, hi, can you PM me your airsplat email account? we can discuss this in further detail and get you that certificate.

<AT>s92 Harrell: we agree, that was a faux pas on our part. This is what happens when we have an intern who was overzealous about getting things posted before the higher ups reviewed it and cleared it for posting. We were able to remove publicly within half an hour of posting to minimize the damage. But it was out there, and some people have seen it unfortunately.

#27 jIMMY37

jIMMY37

Posted 01 April 2011 - 04:19 PM

Yea, that video was god awful and the kid deserves to be set on fire.

#28 AirSplat.com

AirSplat.com

Posted 02 April 2011 - 03:21 PM

QUOTE (Roger-That! @ Mar 27 2011, 05:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Theres alot of... Stuff going on, with the airsplat website. To much info=bad. You litterally have information, relevent or not... ranging from the top of the page, to the bottom. Each seperated with pictures, and more text.. on top of that, the links are plentiful, however confusing. Stuff I'd want to buy is probably half way down the link list and only marked as, "Entry and Middle level..." which doesn't sound like one would expect looking for CYMA and the like. 13 links, and it takes half of them to find quality?

This is always a tough call. We have quite a bit of design expertise, but itís always a balance of practicality vs. aesthetics. On our staff we have people with degrees in user interface design (UID), web design, and Information Architecture (IA). And itís a constant struggle between what is usable and what is just for looks. And thereís this extreme end where the entire site is flash. And thereís the other extreme where the entire site is HTML / CSS and no flash.

We tend to err on the later side. Practicality outweighs aesthetics and flashy bells and whistles. Thatís a company culture issue. Weíve always viewed it as comparable to google. We try to make things simple and straight forward. No flash and straight to the point. If you think about it, even today, almost 15 years after google has been in business and as HUGE as they are, their interface and websites and completely nuts and bolts, no bells and whistles. And any features and functions are settle, not in-your-face YELLING at you saying pay attention to me. Then the sites become an overwhelming experience of which part of the site is yelling the most.

Believe it or not, we have a reason and method behind almost everything we do. And we try to take feedback and make adjustments while trying to filter out what people are stating as a PERSONAL OPINION and something that is a true practical and usable methodology or change.

QUOTE (Roger-That! @ Mar 27 2011, 05:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The very first large box that appears is for mini-electrics. The first things people see, are what they judge a site on. Do you want to be judged on mini electrics and lots of useless information? Your website doesn't feel like a business website. It looks like a 2003 webpress blog, filled with widgets and odd blog posts. Not to mention the boring color scheme makes it feel like a default web template.

Funny that you should mention. This last month weíve changed almost our entire hierarchy of categories. Weíve moved many of them. Split up the electric into 9 different categories, our gas guns into 5 different cateroires. And broke up our accessory categories from 8 to 14.

Weíve done a considerable amount of work in that regard. And we hope it helps with usability and finding things WITHOUT any overlap.

QUOTE (shadowrunner @ Mar 28 2011, 08:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yep, I did.

Shadow runner, as always, we appreciate your support! And we look forward to continue to earn your business.  We wish we had more customers who were so well versed and spoke their mind more frequently! You know how it works, when things are good, no complaints. But when things are bad, all hell breaks loose. Thanks again.

QUOTE (airborne101 @ Mar 28 2011, 08:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Airborne, much appreciated as well. Iím glad you noticed that change in our policy, weíve been doing that for years now! Glad someone finally noticed! Itís one of those things. Everyone expects the best, give it to them and they donít say anything, even so much as a thank you. donít give it to them and all hell breaks loose.

And part of the issue is 40% of our returns are functional guns! 40%!!! Thatís amazing! And thatís even after we put in huge resources to trouble shoot and help them. And yet, we still have customers complaining that they got a defective gun and view our help as hassling them. Itís the worse when we ship them a replacement and theyíre even more furious when the gun still isnít ďworkingĒ.

Part of the issue is we deal more so with beginners or entry level players. Burden of teaching them how to use their gun is all on us. Some of the others ones that deal more in higher end products have it lucky, users and customers already know what theyíre doing.

QUOTE (jIMMY37 @ Mar 28 2011, 09:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh yea? Which part?

Jimmy and Shadow runner should just call a truce! You guys keep going at it. Itís like superman vs his arch nemesis. I think we all could take a breather. Especially considering how long my reply is! Most people are probably not even reading this thread anymore given its length.

QUOTE (s92harrell @ Mar 29 2011, 09:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Having done a fair amount of Web Design myself, their site just bothers me lol. But again I'd like to stress: Never once has a problem with an order from them.
My biggest turn off to Airsplat came a couple weeks ago when they announced the winner of some random contest they were having and posted the winning video on facebook. They've since removed it, which, IMHO, was the right thing to do. The vid, for those who didn't see, contained what I would call "What Not To Do With An Airsoft Gun." Scenes included this kid "shooting" his sister in the eye, "shooting" kid who were on his lawn and "shooting" animals in his backyard. I just couldn't stomach the fact that a retailer would post that video except to say DON'T DO THIS.
But AGAIN: Never once had a problem with an order from them. :)

Glad to hear weíve been good to you. Sorry about that video, the winner was chosen at random and he won. And fair is fair! Weíre not going to not let him win just because he had a sense of humor that was a little far reaching. Although he did agree to remake another one. That should be coming soon.

QUOTE (jIMMY37 @ Mar 29 2011, 11:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yea, they don't exactly see the obvious. They got back gimme about a few of my complaints from a month back and FINALLY got the ones I straight up told them about.

Jimmy, itís funny, you always like to have the last word. Just to let you know, weíre not trying to prove anyone right or wrong, this is not an argument. In fact, of all your suggestions we replied back within the day and made the changes within the week! Thatís fast IMO. And despite your still mildly antagonistic remarks, we really appreciated your feedback. They were passed up to management immediately and changes were put into play right away.

In fact, everyone thanks you for your feedback, they were insightful and we took the criticism constructively. Again, thank you as well. We are more than willing and able to take criticism as long as itís constructive. And despite the fact that most people canít differentiate between the 2, you can and itís appreciated! A big thank you as well.

Sometimes the worst criticism brings out the best in people.

QUOTE (jIMMY37 @ Apr 1 2011, 01:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yea, that video was god awful and the kid deserves to be set on fire.

Sorry about that! New one coming as stated above.

#29 lonewolf1990

lonewolf1990
  • Interests:Airsoft and Fitness.

Posted 02 April 2011 - 11:17 PM

Airsplat in my opinion is a great website, just look around the forum, they constantly answer questions and help recent customers. Any business in the world has critics and complaints but its places like airsplat that use the criticism to get better.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it."

Complete ASF Rules
If you have any questions of why your post was moved/edited/closed ect do not hesitate to PM me or another Staff Member, we are only here to help the community and keep the board clean and fair to everyone.

#30 AirSplat.com

AirSplat.com

Posted 03 April 2011 - 06:11 PM

QUOTE (lonewolf1990 @ Apr 2 2011, 08:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Airsplat in my opinion is a great website, just look around the forum, they constantly answer questions and help recent customers. Any business in the world has critics and complaints but its places like airsplat that use the criticism to get better.

a-blushing.gif thank you! Coming from someone of your caliber, it means all the world! a-cheesy.gif

#31 sniperx2s

sniperx2s

Posted 04 April 2011 - 05:50 PM

so I think most of us can agree that airsplat is a reliable company to order from? I mean, I remember I wanted a couple of guns but only airsplat had them in stock, and I never ordered from them because people kept saying how crappy of a company they were.

-RS SVD -ARES AW338 -ARES SR-25 -CM M4 -CA P90 -KJW Double Barrel

-G&P PTS MOE

#32 yee245

yee245
  • Interests:Computer gaming, origami, fencing

Posted 04 April 2011 - 06:41 PM

QUOTE (shadowrunner @ Mar 28 2011, 01:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
On the aspect of me being the only Positive supporter... I see that as a trend in most places actually.

I wonder if there were others like me that just don't say anything , or... if I really am just incredibly lucky as far as Airsplat goes? I honestly couldn't say either way.
Airsplat does get some minor positive feedback here from various people, here and there... I guess I'm just a bit more adamant and wordy about it though.
:)

I've been watching this thread, but hadn't decided to respond, but I've also had no major issues with my orders from Airsplat, dating back to some joint orders with a friend in 2007, where the only issue that I remember was that the on one order, the box had been beaten up a bit in shipping, and a few of the CO2 cartridges had jumped ship. I've bought plenty of things that turned up perfectly fine. Most, if not all of the things I've bought were bought at Airsplat because they had the best price on whatever it was, and with my orders usually being during sales or promotions, they didn't take any longer to arrive than ordering from other so-called "good" (domestic) retailers. And, I only say domestic because retailers from HK, when you pay for express shipping, sometimes have the package at your door faster than it takes for domestic retailers to have items packed up and shipped out. In short, I've been another of the "lucky" ones, if you can really call it luck.

And, apparently, without really even realizing it, I also have repeated some of the same information I had posted in that other thread...

QUOTE (sniperx2s @ Apr 4 2011, 06:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
so I think most of us can agree that airsplat is a reliable company to order from? I mean, I remember I wanted a couple of guns but only airsplat had them in stock, and I never ordered from them because people kept saying how crappy of a company they were.

No, I don't think most of us can agree on that. There will still be plenty of people who have had bad experiences at some point and use it as proof that Airsplat is still a terrible company. Some of us, though, haven't had issues and will likely continue to buy from them, as long as the price is right.

#33 Biscuit-Boy

Biscuit-Boy

Posted 07 April 2011 - 10:52 PM

Well it's a few days for a bump but whatever.

I personally have to I have mixed feelings about airsplat. One one hand they generally have good prices and an amazing boneyard section, on the other hand I have to agree I'm not a fan of the design of the website. One thing I'm surprised I haven't notice being pointed out (which in my eyes is one of the major issues leaving your site looking outdated) is that the thumbnails have a pretty awful case of JPEG compression, as do most photos on the site, save for the large product images which are still not the best because although they are taken with white backgrounds, the camera flash produces pretty poor images. I would see if you can ever budget it to invest in some nicer photography equipment, for example ASGI maintains a very clean looking website as it's able to flaunt high quality photos taken more professionally with a lightbox, proper flashes, etc. I know it doesn't cost much to make a good set up for something like this ($400 for a pair of lights, build a booth etc etc), find yourself a nice camera and wala, the next step towards excellence.

Also, is it the photography or the website? Now that I look at it I'm noticing a good amount of photos that are just very compressed, so if it's the website or your bandwith, or the photography, I'd look to improve regardless.

Of course on the positive I have to say again I love the boneyard. I'm glad you're one of the few companies who isn't capitalizing on the mystery box fad, and the selection is miles ahead of other websites, allowing that those other websites generally have higher end guns in said boneyard (your boneyard seems to have a thing for cheap spring guns and LPEGs). Some of the prices are a bit ridiculous (right now I see you're charging $50 for half a JLS F2000 while you just sold another for $12, and I wish there was an easier way to find out when you suddenly slash the prices of every gun listed there by 80-90%+ to liquidate, I always miss out on that and I know I wouldn't want to pay $99 for a Well G96 when I can wait for a few weeks and grab one for $20 when you mark everything down. Oh jeez I think that was a run-on...anyways. Other than that I have to give you props for stocking more of the obscure chinese products (Snow Wolf Barrett series, Well G96 (sorry for the redundancy but I love the gun) etc etc. That's one of the other key things I like about you compared to (again redundant with the comparisons) ASGI who seems to be lilting towards the mainstream sellout CyberGun-toting mess heap that I'm become more and more repulsed by. So yeah, try and stay away from Cybergun if you want to make one airsofter very happy.

The general consensus from the more hardcore crowd is that everyone hates them anyway. So there you go I guess haha.

#34 Ronin055

Ronin055
  • Interests:Family, working on My VW, Paintball and airsoft

Posted 08 April 2011 - 03:21 PM

My Feelings about Airsplat in a nutshell.

Ive ordered Several guns from them. They were the fist place I ever ordered from. I have had Zero Problems with them. Even the boneyard gun I got was great.

I hate, absolutly hate their web design. It is outdated, and as such difficult to manage. And while a quick search did infact reveal that they have the number one most trafficed site for airsoft, a great portion of that trafic doesnt stay long. IE they search airsoft, go to airsplat and then bounce out to a more attractive site. Thats sad really.

The videos are sometimes almost painfull to watch. The represenatives look lost, and purposless. "um ya, and its got a rail" turns gun in hands and looks asthough hes trying to think of something to say. . . . well guys rehearse it. Script it. Get on the ball. Be professional and precise. The pain of these vids are second only to that chick evike had for a while. What a slap in the face she was. But we want to see the guns. We want a review. We want to know whats coming out. You could. . . no, you need to do better.

People will order from a website that they feel is professional and hip. Airsplat is neither. The vibe is like a cheap news print cataloge vrs the Full color catalogs of yesteryear.

Airsplat, you have what we want, you have what we need. You just have to step up and show off. Otherwise, at first glance, it looks kinda fly by night-ish.

Correct definitions are important.
US Servicemen have an M4/M16 = Weapon
Paintballers have a Tippmann A5 = Marker
Airsofters have maybe a JG M4 = Gun.
We need to clairify, Airsoft "guns" are not weapons, they do not kill. They are not markers, as they do not mark. They are "guns" though.
A Rifle, has lands and grooves in the barrel that facilitate a rotation of the projectile, that are collectively known as Rifleing.

#35 AirSplat.com

AirSplat.com

Posted 01 May 2011 - 06:36 PM

Hello everyone looks like people still posting on this thread. I'm checking on the threads and posts that some of the personnel have made and to respond to any recent updates.

QUOTE (Biscuit-Boy @ Apr 7 2011, 08:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Of course on the positive I have to say again I love the boneyard. I'm glad you're one of the few companies who isn't capitalizing on the mystery box fad, and the selection is miles ahead of other websites, allowing that those other websites generally have higher end guns in said boneyard (your boneyard seems to have a thing for cheap spring guns and LPEGs). Some of the prices are a bit ridiculous (right now I see you're charging $50 for half a JLS F2000 while you just sold another for $12, and I wish there was an easier way to find out when you suddenly slash the prices of every gun listed there by 80-90%+ to liquidate, I always miss out on that and I know I wouldn't want to pay $99 for a Well G96 when I can wait for a few weeks and grab one for $20 when you mark everything down.

We announce it on our blog, facebook, and twitter account. Join any one of those or all of them and you'll get updates when we mark them down.

General rule of thumb is everything get's listed up at 60% off. Then if they don't sell in a month or so, we'll mark it down 80%, then in a week if nothing, 90%. So you can wait it out, but there is always the possibility it will be taken too. It's a gamble.

QUOTE (Ronin055 @ Apr 8 2011, 01:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Airsplat, you have what we want, you have what we need. You just have to step up and show off. Otherwise, at first glance, it looks kinda fly by night-ish.

Thanks for putting it so concisely. Well noted!

The cheapness or fly by night-ish is not intentional. But the function over form design is intentional. I can see how that can be misinterpreted as cheap.

FYI, websites need to cater to their demographics. and it's a tough call where that line falls. I.e. online pharmaceuticals are usually always on the extreme of function, most of their users are senior citizens. Here are 2 examples
http://www.drugstore.com/
http://www.vitacost.com/
2 very simple things you notice is the width of their sites, super narrow. second thing is lack of any bells and whistles like flash. (even Vita costs front page that appears like flash, isn't actually flash).

Point being, we try to design for a lower common denominator than some other sites. It's not cheap, it's by design. a-cool.gif

This is another section that has been posted on a few times. I would love to address these.
QUOTE (jIMMY37 @ Mar 26 2011, 06:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

QUOTE (Ronin055 @ Apr 8 2011, 01:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I hate, absolutly hate their web design. It is outdated, and as such difficult to manage. And while a quick search did infact reveal that they have the number one most trafficed site for airsoft...

QUOTE (Lon3Wo1f @ Mar 26 2011, 06:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
By pure volume of sales (internet and walk-in), exactly who is the largest us retailer?

I would assume it would be one of the big 3 (ASGI, Evike, or Airsplat), but have any of them actually released their sale numbers/annual profits?

Where do I start. The top 3 isn't quite accurate, that's only the top 3 of the western US. But if you were to do the top 3 of the entire US, of those 3, only airsplat would be on there.

We have released sales numbers. In fact, if you go to our site, that Inc 500 badge, isn't just for show! It's real.

Many of the awards we've won all require audited financials to be submitted. In fact, another HUGE award coming down the pipe is the Top 500 Internet Retailers! We made it into the 2011 top 500 internet retailers. That's HUGE! think of it this way, of all the millions of internet retailers online, AirSplat is now 1 of the top 500!

You can review some of our awards at http://www.airsplat.com/awards.htm

In any case, there are different ways to measure size or validate being the biggest. We measure based on 2 points, size of inventory and sales volume. On both of those criteria, AirSplat IS THE LARGEST RETAILER in the US. And moreover, the gap between 2nd runner up is substantial. If it's just based on Inventory, we probably have the largest inventory in THE WORLD!

We can't claim largest sales in the world, HK retailers do a good amount of sales, but their inventory is very small, most of it is JIT (Just In Time).

#36 SF BloodBrother

SF BloodBrother

Posted 03 May 2011 - 09:55 AM

I heard that they are great. But when I go on there, they are way out of my price range. So I like to buy from Airsoftstation.com.

#37 celbii

celbii
  • Interests:Airsoft
  • SOA Name: celbii

• My Temperament:nice

Posted 17 May 2011 - 05:38 PM

I'm placing an order for an ICS MX5-Pro from Airsplat since it seems their reputation is really good now so im excited, I'll let everyone know how it goes :)

Edit: Order is placed :)

Edited by celbii, 17 May 2011 - 05:48 PM.

#38 FAILCOPTER

FAILCOPTER
  • Interests:Video games, airsoft(duh), and

Posted 17 May 2011 - 07:23 PM

Airsplat, your organization of your site is terrible. I'm pretty sure I sent a pm about it, not sure if I got anything back.
What really pisses me off, and I don't think anyone here has said it, is that not everything by a manufacturer, or in a category, shows up when you click on something.
For example:
If I put the cursor over Airsoft Gun Manufacturers,
then click on Guay Guay G&G, guns come up. Whoopee. But multiple G&G guns that I know you stock are not on the page, and there is no "next page" or "continue" at the bottom. To find something, you have to know exactly what you're looking for.

I will give you props for having low prices on a lot of stuff, though.

That light at the end of the tunnel you see? It's a freight train.

QUOTE (Disco_Dante @ Jun 22 2011, 11:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You have been reborn in the fires of internet flaming, and like a phoenix from the flames, you now know how to use google and the search function to answer simple questions!

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.".... Sigmund Freud

Info on CA SB 798

#39 jIMMY37

jIMMY37

Posted 17 May 2011 - 08:17 PM

Failcopter: If it's not in stock(and they do what they usually do), it's taken off the list. The only way to find it when "pulled" is through searching, for some reason. If you use the search feature, it finds "pulled" items and displays them.

Also. I did a phone order recently and got a bunch of boneyard items. Overall it was a good experience, although information provided by Mark didn't exactly line up with everything. He said certain things were out of stock(in which case, they were in stock), and one item(one of the more important ones) included more than it actually did. Oh well, I'd say it was an OK trade off. The "out of stock" items were there and I got most of them, but the suppressor that was supposed to be included with the mk23 wasn't. Also, the phones stop working at 4 pacific time. Not at 4:30 pacific time as he said. By the time I got a chance to call at 11AM monday(I first tried at 4 on friday and got the "we are closed" message) a few of the things I wanted had been sold. Oh well, first come first serve.

In the end, I'll be periodically checking in on their boneyard section. If I ever get some real scratch to throw around, I may end up buying a "new" gun from them, too.

#40 AirsoftKing11

AirsoftKing11

Posted 17 May 2011 - 08:39 PM

Woh! Big responces. I skipped to every airsplat responce...
I keep it simple, airsplat and me have been good to each other over 2 orders.
Evike good for 2.
ASGI good for like 7.
I like airsplat because of their items.
I like evike for their amount of in stock items.
I like ASGI for their overall look and feel of website and ups ship.
Overall. I like ASGI and airsplat. Evike... Eh, could be better but if you need parts...evike all the way.
My email is for some reason being finecky...

John 3:16

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users