to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share

Important Announcement!

Our Pinzgauer Project is in "Pre Launch" - Click Here to let us know what you think before the project goes live.

Photo
- - - - -

Compatibility between TM and WE 1911s

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 gilla409

gilla409
  • Interests:Playing guitar at unreasonable volumes, building guitar effects pedals, riding BMX, writing/producing electronic music.
  • SOA Name: gilla409

Posted 31 March 2011 - 01:46 AM

I've found it impossible to find a TM 1911 hopup unit, but did see a WE hopup/inner barrel set. I read that WE slides or frames are interchangeable with TM, but can't remember which. Also, are 1911 slide parts interchangeable with Hi Capas? Will a WE Hi Capa hopup fit in a TM/clone 1911? If not, can someone direct me to a TM compatible 1911 hopup unit? Thanks!

Edited by gilla409, 31 March 2011 - 01:53 AM.

#2 SHWELL

SHWELL
  • Interests:Airsoft, Photography, and Music Production

• My Temperament:Choleric

Posted 31 March 2011 - 12:45 PM

yes, they are interchangeable.

The Harder I work, the Better I live..... I'm retired, what am I supposed to do now?
Die. Please tell me if I'm right. Love, vietec <3

#3 gilla409

gilla409
  • Interests:Playing guitar at unreasonable volumes, building guitar effects pedals, riding BMX, writing/producing electronic music.

Posted 02 April 2011 - 05:36 AM

QUOTE (SHWELL @ Mar 31 2011, 12:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yes, they are interchangeable.

Just to make sure, a WE Hi Capa hopup unit will work in a TM 1911?

#4 gilla409

gilla409

Posted 05 April 2011 - 07:25 PM

Can anyone please help me with this? I found a WE Hi-Capa hopup/inner barrel at evike, but want to make sure it will work in a TM clone 1911 (Army Kimber Warrior.) If this is the case, are all the slide parts interchangeable between WE and TM Hi-Capa/1911s? If not, what parts are incompatible? I might get some other upgrades too, but I want to avoid having to return parts unnecessarily.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can clear this up! If anyone knows the specifics about TM and WE 1911/Hi-Capa compatibility, it would make an awesome sticky. There's loads of cheap WE 1911/Hi-Capa parts available, many of which can't be found from aftermarket vendors.

#5 Disco_Dante

Disco_Dante

Posted 06 April 2011 - 09:47 AM

QUOTE (gilla409 @ Apr 5 2011, 08:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Can anyone please help me with this? I found a WE Hi-Capa hopup/inner barrel at evike, but want to make sure it will work in a TM clone 1911 (Army Kimber Warrior.) If this is the case, are all the slide parts interchangeable between WE and TM Hi-Capa/1911s? If not, what parts are incompatible? I might get some other upgrades too, but I want to avoid having to return parts unnecessarily.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can clear this up! If anyone knows the specifics about TM and WE 1911/Hi-Capa compatibility, it would make an awesome sticky. There's loads of cheap WE 1911/Hi-Capa parts available, many of which can't be found from aftermarket vendors.

Yes, it will work fine. I use a WE (Socom Gear) threaded barrel + hopup in my Shooter's Design MEU. It even matches the finish better than the SD barrel.

Everything in the slides will be TM compatible, the lower receiver and magazine is WE's own design and is the reason you shouldn't buy WE pistols.

Edited by Disco_Dante, 06 April 2011 - 09:48 AM.

#6 gilla409

gilla409

Posted 06 April 2011 - 12:06 PM

QUOTE (Disco_Dante @ Apr 6 2011, 09:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes, it will work fine. I use a WE (Socom Gear) threaded barrel + hopup in my Shooter's Design MEU. It even matches the finish better than the SD barrel.

Everything in the slides will be TM compatible, the lower receiver and magazine is WE's own design and is the reason you shouldn't buy WE pistols.

Sweet, that answers one big question, thanks!

Now, what about compatibility between 1911 and Hi-Capa slide parts? Are they also interchangeable? If that's the case, then I'm set!

Thanks again for the help, I really appreciate it! This makes finding parts much easier (and less expensive.)

Edit- I just noticed that the Hi-Capa hopup unit doesn't have a post for the recoil spring guide to fit onto. I'm studying my stock damaged unit to see if I can make the new one work, or salvage pieces from the old one. My question is, where does the recoil spring guide go in the WE Hi-Capa if it doesn't fit onto the hopup unit? Maybe it's listed correctly, with an incorrect photo... if someone knows what's up with this, I would love to hear about it.

http://www.airsoftpo...oducts_id=27294

Edited by gilla409, 06 April 2011 - 12:36 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users