to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share

Important Announcement!

Our Pinzgauer Project is in "Pre Launch" - Click Here to let us know what you think before the project goes live.

Photo
- - - - -

Airsoft Sniper Build

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
15 replies to this topic

#1 ArcaneTiger99

ArcaneTiger99

Posted 31 July 2011 - 08:00 PM

Hey guys, I am new here. But not new to airsoft. I was wondering if you could reply with a potential parts list for this build: a JG VSR-10 shooting 600-650 fps with .20s... the bolt should be relativity easy to pull back (Teflon cylinder?). I will attach a silencer or maybe just get a g-spec. Also, I want a range of 100 yards or more. The grouping at 100 yards should be around 1 foot. The price has to be under $700 dollars. Thank you for your help.

P.S. Don't give me any crap about JG.

Edited by ArcaneTiger99, 31 July 2011 - 08:05 PM.

#2 Private Parts

Private Parts
  • Interests:Football, Hockey, Gaming, Girls, and Airsoft.

Posted 31 July 2011 - 08:02 PM

You don't plan on actually shooting people with this, do you?

PP
SELLING A KWA ATP AUTO WITH 50 rd MAG

#3 ArcaneTiger99

ArcaneTiger99

Posted 31 July 2011 - 08:05 PM

Yes. I do. I'm going to use .40s. I know it is very powerful but at distances under 150 feet I am going to use my sidearm.

#4 major9

major9

Posted 31 July 2011 - 08:12 PM

With a BASR, those kind of ranges are practically impossible. You just don't have those quick follow up shots to actually compensate for the inaccuracy of a sphere projectile exiting a smooth bore barrel. With that being said, you could try out R-hop, though I have never tested it in a VSR or any Sniper Rifle platform for that reason.
Convert to an AEG, and its more than possible. Full auto will do wonders for you.
You might be better off in the sniper rifle section.

#5 sniperx2s

sniperx2s

Posted 31 July 2011 - 08:15 PM

QUOTE (major9 @ Jul 31 2011, 09:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
With a BASR, those kind of ranges are practically impossible. You just don't have those quick follow up shots to actually compensate for the inaccuracy of a sphere projectile exiting a smooth bore barrel. With that being said, you could try out R-hop, though I have never tested it in a VSR or any Sniper Rifle platform for that reason.
Convert to an AEG, and its more than possible. Full auto will do wonders for you.
You might be better off in the sniper rifle section.

not impossible. with highly tuned BASR, that range can be easily achieved.

MarineSgt has a custom made vsr-10 that shoots 800+ FPS that can hit targets out to 400 feet (its only his target rifle though. he doesnt use it in game)

-RS SVD -ARES AW338 -ARES SR-25 -CM M4 -CA P90 -KJW Double Barrel

-G&P PTS MOE

#6 major9

major9

Posted 31 July 2011 - 08:20 PM

QUOTE (sniperx2s @ Jul 31 2011, 08:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
not impossible. with highly tuned BASR, that range can be easily achieved.

MarineSgt has a custom made vsr-10 that shoots 800+ FPS that can hit targets out to 400 feet (its only his target rifle though. he doesnt use it in game)

Notice I said "practically".
An 800 fps BASR would not fall under "practical".
Also, he plans on fielding this, so 800fps is out of the question (unless he plays at some crazy field I don't know about).
Also...You could make those kind of shots with a 550 fps AEG. Ask Soccer77, as this seems to be his life goal xD

#7 airborne101

airborne101

If you have a problem, and no one else can help...

• Forum Administrator
  • 10,661 posts

• My Temperament:Melancholy

Posted 31 July 2011 - 09:14 PM

You would have better luck asking this question in the sniper rifle section. Also, how easy the bolt is to pull back is relative to how powerful of a spring you put in the gun. 600-650fps spring is pretty darn powerful.

#8 EDI 1st

EDI 1st
  • Interests:lol<br />airsoft<br />video games<br />flying
  • SOA Name: EDI 1st

Posted 31 July 2011 - 11:22 PM

I LOL'd HARD at this....
"shooting 600-650 fps with .20s... the bolt should be relativity easy to pull back"

Does he not know action reaction and potential elastic energy?
-Umbrella Armories LLC
Cal Poly Pomona Aerospace Engineering

Apparently I have too many guns to be listed in the signature.

#9 soccer77

soccer77
  • Interests:Sports: Watching and Playing<br />Airsoft<br />Watching Movies<br />Reading books<br />Running/Lifting/Biking/Hiking/Camping/fishing/shooting/etc..<br /><br />This should suffice for only being used on an ASF.
  • SOA Name: N/A

• My Temperament:N/A

Posted 31 July 2011 - 11:41 PM

Well if this was in the Sniper Section I am sure I may respond to it....

#10 hunterseeker5

hunterseeker5

Posted 02 August 2011 - 10:47 AM

I'd like to wade into the argument about making shots at 300 feet. A cold bore shot on a real world target at 300 feet really isn't something the BASRs are very good at. Its one thing to hit a person standing still watching you while acting as a target, and its quite another to be able to effectively engage a real world target at that range.

In regards to the two "proof" videos..... MarineSGT discussed on the forums that it took him quite a while to get that video of two on one off. He isn't exactly popping off shots on people in games at that range. In the other he was shooting at the largest possible target a person can present and the target wasn't moving.

In both of these videos the targets were not only stationary, but at fixed distances. Its a LOT easier to engage a target at a distance you've practiced at than at a target of an unknown distance. THIS is why those of us who play, rather than just chairsoft, say that you aren't going to have nearly the success with a BASR as you will with an AEG at a comparable power output shooting full auto. It really allows you to push your effective range further out.

#11 woogie_man

woogie_man

Posted 02 August 2011 - 03:18 PM

QUOTE (ArcaneTiger99 @ Jul 31 2011, 08:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey guys, I am new here. But not new to airsoft. I was wondering if you could reply with a potential parts list for this build: a JG VSR-10 shooting 600-650 fps with .20s... the bolt should be relativity easy to pull back (Teflon cylinder?). I will attach a silencer or maybe just get a g-spec. Also, I want a range of 100 yards or more. The grouping at 100 yards should be around 1 foot. The price has to be under $700 dollars. Thank you for your help.

P.S. Don't give me any crap about JG.

REALLY?

100 yards and grouping under a foot with 600 fps.... and for under 700 ?!?! Are you serrious?!

VSR10 $250
Zero trigger $200
Teflon cylinder set $220
PDI inner barrel $120
Spring $20
bucking $18
Ammo $30 for a box of SGM
Scope $100-200
Bipod $50
Rings $50

Going in the middle of the optics price you are going to spend over $1K EASY! And this isn't even with a hop chamber included! Not to mention the hours upon hours you are going to need to spend getting the rifle to perform propperly.

And if you are planning on trying to get that kind of accuracy out of an airsoft rifle, start off right and get the VSR. Build is much better and will be much easier to work on.

Like I have said before to other people...... DO YOUR RESEARCH BEFORE YOU COME ON HERE, espically when you ask something like you did. It is very apparent that you have done no searching when it comes to this hobby/sport. There isn't a rifle that anyone has that will shoot with that accuracy, not as of yet anyway.

So a little bit of research could have saved you the time, and not make you look like a putz.....

#12 Khosravi

Khosravi

Posted 02 August 2011 - 07:55 PM

Buy used parts.
Luckily, I was able to get this setup for around $300:
WELL MB07
Zero Trigger w/Piston
Tephlon Cylinder
Cylinder Head
Ball Bearing Spring Guide
170 Spring
PDI 6.01 430 Tightbore
Firefly Bucking

If you want 600-650+ fps, you will need the 190 spring. I'm not sure how strong you are but 190 spring is pretty easy to pull back for me.

-Chris

#13 sniperx2s

sniperx2s

Posted 02 August 2011 - 08:24 PM

QUOTE (hunterseeker5 @ Aug 2 2011, 11:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'd like to wade into the argument about making shots at 300 feet. A cold bore shot on a real world target at 300 feet really isn't something the BASRs are very good at. Its one thing to hit a person standing still watching you while acting as a target, and its quite another to be able to effectively engage a real world target at that range.

In regards to the two "proof" videos..... MarineSGT discussed on the forums that it took him quite a while to get that video of two on one off. He isn't exactly popping off shots on people in games at that range. In the other he was shooting at the largest possible target a person can present and the target wasn't moving.

In both of these videos the targets were not only stationary, but at fixed distances. Its a LOT easier to engage a target at a distance you've practiced at than at a target of an unknown distance. THIS is why those of us who play, rather than just chairsoft, say that you aren't going to have nearly the success with a BASR as you will with an AEG at a comparable power output shooting full auto. It really allows you to push your effective range further out.

im not saying a cold bore 300 foot shot can be made on a consistent basis on the field. I am simply saying at those ranges it is still possible to hit something.

-G&P PTS MOE

#14 Professional Stalker

Professional Stalker

Posted 29 December 2012 - 06:21 PM

[quote name='ArcaneTiger99' date='Jul 31 2011, 08:00 PM' post='18542701']
[size=3]Also, I want a range of 100 yards or more. The grouping at 100 yards should be around 1 foot.
lol thats hard with a 30-06

#15 sniperx2s

sniperx2s

Posted 29 December 2012 - 07:17 PM

Check the dates. Although seeing how far we've come is nice

-G&P PTS MOE

#16 verisimilitude

verisimilitude

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:00 PM

Professional Stalker--check the dates on the previous posts before you post a necro.

And... closed.
Some pics from the collection: Eight Different M16s and M4s & Ten Pistols

********************************************************************************
For an account of recent experiences with barrel nuts, receiver threads, front rails, and the different sizes of R.S., airsoft metric, and G&P imperial, see here: Barrel nuts and receiver threads

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users