to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share

Important Announcement!

Our Pinzgauer Project is in "Pre Launch" - Click Here to let us know what you think before the project goes live.

Photo
- - - - -

Black Flash Hider for WE M14

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 M60man

M60man
  • Interests:Firearms, heavy equipment, trucks, Diesel, the usual "guy toys".
  • SOA Name: MachineGunWilly

Posted 21 September 2011 - 07:13 PM

Hi all. I just bought a WE M14 GBBR from Airsoft GI, AWESOME GUN! I highly recommend it if you want a GBBR or if you're a collector and/or Vietnam War weapons freak like I am :D

Anyway, I can't get over that big orange flash hider, I bought the gun because its as real to the M14 as you can get, so that thing has to go. But I've looked high and low and can't find a black flash hider for it anywhere! I've been told AEG M14 flash hiders will work, too, no luck on those either. Anyone know where I can get one? I want that orange tip gone!

Also, does anyone know if a real M6 bayonet will work on the gun? I don't see why it wouldn't but then again the Bayonet is U.S and the flash hider lug is probably metric. Like I said I'm collector and you can't have an M14 without a Bayonet for it :D

Edited by M60man, 21 September 2011 - 07:13 PM.

#2 Private Parts

Private Parts
  • Interests:Football, Hockey, Gaming, Girls, and Airsoft.

Posted 21 September 2011 - 07:37 PM

I would look into real steel M14 flash hiders. They are cheap and should be able to work(don't quote me on it, though.)

PP

Edited by Private Parts, 21 September 2011 - 07:37 PM.

SELLING A KWA ATP AUTO WITH 50 rd MAG

#3 M60man

M60man
  • Interests:Firearms, heavy equipment, trucks, Diesel, the usual "guy toys".

Posted 21 September 2011 - 08:17 PM

QUOTE (Private Parts @ Sep 21 2011, 08:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would look into real steel M14 flash hiders. They are cheap and should be able to work(don't quote me on it, though.)

PP

I thought about that, too. But thats the issue I don't know if they'd fit. Again U.S vs Metric possibly. Plus I've only seen then for like $60 no less. I saw a black one for an AEG M14 for like $3.95 but it was out of stock.

#4 M60man

M60man
  • Interests:Firearms, heavy equipment, trucks, Diesel, the usual &quot;guy toys&quot;.

Posted 21 September 2011 - 09:02 PM

Found this, price isn't bad. The orange looks plastic but I can't tell for sure.

http://www.airsoftpo...oducts_id=29311

#5 Private Parts

Private Parts
  • Interests:Football, Hockey, Gaming, Girls, and Airsoft.

Posted 22 September 2011 - 08:07 PM

QUOTE (M60man @ Sep 21 2011, 08:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I thought about that, too. But thats the issue I don't know if they'd fit. Again U.S vs Metric possibly. Plus I've only seen then for like $60 no less.

Really? When I was looking into them, I was finding them for around $20. I'll try and see if I can find them.

PP
SELLING A KWA ATP AUTO WITH 50 rd MAG

#6 M60man

M60man
  • Interests:Firearms, heavy equipment, trucks, Diesel, the usual &quot;guy toys&quot;.

Posted 23 September 2011 - 10:20 PM

QUOTE (Private Parts @ Sep 22 2011, 09:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Really? When I was looking into them, I was finding them for around $20. I'll try and see if I can find them.

PP

I would very much appreciate that. I looked around again and I even found some made from the WE M14, but they're also around $60! I'd like find one in the $20 range, possibly lower if I can. As I posted below, I found on on Evike for $15 but it has orange on it and I can't tell if its painted on or just a plastic cover.

#7 Rob Dobbs

Rob Dobbs
  • Interests:stuff and things

Posted 27 October 2011 - 11:10 AM

Posted this in your other thread about the tip:

Found this thread in a WE M14 parts teardown search. I don't use these for airsofting but as props. Stay legal if your using them for games, local laws, blah blah blah...

The orange paint is plastic based which is why it doesnt wear off all too well with traditional paint removal chemicals. I simply burn it off with a hand torch. It can take awhile as you don't want to melt the metal itself or raise air pockets inside the cast metal which will leave a pitt or bubble on the surface. Once the top layer is gone I run a green pad over it to loosen it up while still hot, torch, green pad, repeat as needed. Oven cleaner will work as well but it can weaken the metal in the long term. For paint, it may not be needed but I run a coat of flat black over it while its still hot, then torch it again and run the green pad over again.

The WE M14 tip, some color is still visible, I was in a hurry.

The M14 EBR, very simple to burn off:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users