to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share

Important Announcement!

Our Pinzgauer Project is in "Pre Launch" - Click Here to let us know what you think before the project goes live.

Photo
- - - - -

BB Weight and FPS

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Firemedic321

Firemedic321

Posted 02 October 2011 - 01:41 PM

Currently I am using .28gram bb's with a G4A5 DMR, with .20 it averages around 420 FPS, with .28s it averages around 330-350. I was wondering should I change to .30s for more range and accuracy or would that drop my range?

I have been using .28s for the past 6k rounds and they work well, just wondering if .30s would be better.

#2 airborne101

airborne101

If you have a problem, and no one else can help...

• Forum Administrator
  • 10,666 posts

• My Temperament:Melancholy

Posted 02 October 2011 - 02:20 PM

Going to .30g would be a good move. My next purchase will be some .30g bbs and my gun shoots 395fps. The heavier weight you can use, the more accurate and better range your gun will have.

#3 Coin3

Coin3
  • Interests:Airsoft<br /><br />Electronics<br /><br />Cats<br /><br />Books<br /><br />Sports

• My Temperament:3,3,11,8

Posted 02 October 2011 - 09:47 PM

the .30g will indeed go further. But it's only a difference of .02g. Don't expect it to make your gun noticeably better than before. It will only be a few extra feet of range.
Respect the gun, Respect it!

Guns: JG G36c, KWA KM4 RIS

#4 sniperelite7

sniperelite7
  • SOA Name: Brad T.

Posted 05 October 2011 - 05:56 PM

Go as heavy as you can, with the r-hop installed I'm going to start using .4g bb's in my dmr. Its only shooting 460 fps.

#5 maineyac

maineyac

Posted 18 October 2011 - 09:07 PM

yea, even if your still shooting around 300fps with .3s, the greater the mass of the bb, the longer the velocity is maintained, increasing your range, and accuracy since the weight will keep it from moving left or right,(depending on wind speed and such)

#6 Lefse

Lefse

Posted 05 November 2011 - 04:29 PM

That is very true, going from .20 to .25 on my 350 fps guns made a big difference. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users