to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share

Important Announcement!

Our Pinzgauer Project is in "Pre Launch" - Click Here to let us know what you think before the project goes live.

Photo

Cheapest Polar Star HPA Rig?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Sakal

Sakal

Posted 13 October 2011 - 11:26 PM

I've been looking around online for polar star hpa setups, (tank, hose, regulator, stabilizer) and I cant find a suitable option for under $250. I'm wondering what my cheapest option is, while still being effective.

#2 vulrath

vulrath

Posted 15 October 2011 - 08:28 AM

Build it yourself. That is going to be your absolute cheapest solution.

Look on ebay for the regulator. That'll save you some money there (in theory, anyway). I built the entire rig (it's HPA-ready, but I run CO2 because it's cheaper) for my GBBR and my KJW M700 for between $100-150 (it's been a long while since then, so my memory is a little fuzzy). I built it using the guide Brainplay made in the Tanaka subforum of the Sniper Rifles forum. It'll also give you some specific criteria regarding regulators.

Edited by vulrath, 15 October 2011 - 08:29 AM.

In order to understand recursion, you must first learn the principle of recursion.

#3 jIMMY37

jIMMY37
  • Interests:RC. PC's. Older guns. Tinkering. Making things work. Infinite Bass custom subwoofer boxes.

Posted 15 October 2011 - 08:53 AM

Well, I got my HPA ready rig from Palmers Pursuit shop on Ebay. It was 116$ shipped. You could also pick up a gauge from Ebay while you are there for about ten bucks. It's done everything I've needed regulated gas for.

I don't vent, I'm violently honest.

QUOTE (Zemanova @ Nov 7 2011, 01:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
don't get this one. itll go in and get lost
http://www.khmountai...rsoft/HP006.jpg
trust me, im a gynecologist

#4 Jimbud

Jimbud

Posted 17 October 2011 - 12:39 PM

QUOTE (Sakal @ Oct 13 2011, 11:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've been looking around online for polar star hpa setups, (tank, hose, regulator, stabilizer) and I cant find a suitable option for under $250. I'm wondering what my cheapest option is, while still being effective.

I bought one from here I got there most expensive version but there Ranger model is the cheapest complete and ready to go one I found. $135 for the remote and they also have a 62 / 3000 air tank for $65 bucks. Thats $200.00 for the whole thing.
You might be able to build one cheaper but nobody seems to have all the parts in one place so its a pain in the *** to track it all down.
I know I tried. a-grin.gif

#5 Scott Sutherland

Scott Sutherland

Posted 20 October 2011 - 11:47 PM

QUOTE (Jimbud @ Oct 17 2011, 01:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I bought one from here I got there most expensive version but there Ranger model is the cheapest complete and ready to go one I found. $135 for the remote and they also have a 62 / 3000 air tank for $65 bucks. Thats $200.00 for the whole thing.
You might be able to build one cheaper but nobody seems to have all the parts in one place so its a pain in the *** to track it all down.
I know I tried. a-grin.gif

Best place to get the Polarstar rig is Ampedairsoft.com best customer service in the business. Best place for a tank is craigslist or pbnation.com's for sale section. I picked up a couple from craigslist a 68ci/4500 crossfire and a ninja 48/4500 got both for around $100(the ninja is a very nice tank...). Just remember to check if the tank is in hydro date still or it will need to get checked and that will cost you $30+

The advice your getting is good for most HPA setups but not so much for a polarstar, they are very specific about the stabilizer and the secondary regulator to use, deviate from that and its not going to operate as intended. I have heard good things about the AKA regulator that redline is using also.

Enjoy your fusion engine, best money I have ever spent on airsoft..

Edited by Scott Sutherland, 20 October 2011 - 11:58 PM.

#6 sniperelite7

sniperelite7
  • SOA Name: Brad T.

Posted 21 October 2011 - 09:46 AM

Pretty sure I built the ideal set up for under 250. Ideal setup is going to have an aka 2-liter and an smc ar10.

#7 Jimbud

Jimbud

Posted 21 October 2011 - 04:19 PM

QUOTE (Scott Sutherland @ Oct 20 2011, 11:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Best place to get the Polarstar rig is Ampedairsoft.com best customer service in the business. Best place for a tank is craigslist or pbnation.com's for sale section. I picked up a couple from craigslist a 68ci/4500 crossfire and a ninja 48/4500 got both for around $100(the ninja is a very nice tank...). Just remember to check if the tank is in hydro date still or it will need to get checked and that will cost you $30+

The advice your getting is good for most HPA setups but not so much for a polarstar, they are very specific about the stabilizer and the secondary regulator to use, deviate from that and its not going to operate as intended. I have heard good things about the AKA regulator that redline is using also.

Enjoy your fusion engine, best money I have ever spent on airsoft..

I don't have any first hand knowledge as far as Amped goes but I have heard good things about them. And from what I understand Polarstar is switching to the AKA reg too instead of the stabilizer.
From talking to the guys at Redline and from my own experience with my system the secondary reg really is not needed. I have to say my gun shoots great. No shoot down and it is super consistent.

But I do agree that getting my PR15 was the best money I ever spent on airsoft!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users