to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share

Important Announcement!

Our Pinzgauer Project is in "Pre Launch" - Click Here to let us know what you think before the project goes live.

Photo

Show off your awesome brain bucket!

• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

#1 houston

houston
  • Interests:Women, Milsim, Women, Motocross, Women, Football, Women, Baseball, Women, Memphis rap, and Women.

Posted 23 October 2011 - 03:51 AM

As the title says, show everyone your brain bucket or the head gear you use in games! My apologies if this is a repost!

Now my helmet is still a WIP. I ordered a Norotos Rhino swing arm today, a VIP strobe, 2 IFF American flag patches, and I ordered a new set of velcro, so when those get here I will post another pic. Also im going to put Velcro on the ear pieces for my goggles to attach to. I do have an Ops-Core H-nape attached to it, and im probably going to order a set of Team Wendy Epic Air pads for it!

Edited by houston, 23 October 2011 - 03:54 AM.

You neva will undastand foo, that im da stik up man

#2 jjmathews202

jjmathews202

Posted 23 October 2011 - 08:08 PM

I dig ur lid bro. cant wait to see it with the VIP strobe!

Heres my lid:

Right side

Left side

Parts:
Condor Mich 2000 Black (snakeskin pattern painted base nutmeg color, top color espresso brown)
Condor Helmet Pads (will replace in the future)
Ops Core X nape Tan
Self Adhesive Velcro Black
Bolle X800 Goggles (cut straps with sewn velcro on)
Chem Light (adhesive hook attached to mount it)
Norotos USGI Mich NVG mount Tan
G&P Replica MS2000 Strobe (will replace in the near future possibly with VIP strobe)

#3 houston

houston
  • Interests:Women, Milsim, Women, Motocross, Women, Football, Women, Baseball, Women, Memphis rap, and Women.

Posted 24 October 2011 - 01:42 AM

Thanks man! I do have two questions about your lid though! For the velcro on the ears, did you use just standard velcro? I was thinking about buying military grade velcro cause I wasnt sure if the tension of the goggles would be too much for the velcro. Also how do you like your X-nape? I have the H-nape and its pretty damn comfy and snug!

#4 ACE of SPADES11

ACE of SPADES11
  • Interests:Airsoft, football

Posted 24 October 2011 - 08:05 AM

Well, first, I want to show my awesome Mk.6 helmet I found at an army/navy store near me that never gets British surplus supplies in, so I snagged it. Not sure if I should leave it as if, or scrape and sand it and re-finish it.

Now here is one of those cheapo $12 PASGT helmets that everyone buys online early in airsoft careers then sells it later for $10 to a newbie. The only netting I had was old and stiff so it didn't cover great, but I was impatient and I NEVER wear the helmet and had not painted in years, so what the heck, right? lol. Still looks okay, and works really well outside. Matches pretty much all my camo too.

The helmet I normally rock is a Protec Ace helmet painted OD. I can take a picture but it's nothing special. I am trying to decide if I should get new, smaller netting and paint my OD protec because even the botched PASGT job works really freaking well in the worlds around here.

#5 jjmathews202

jjmathews202

Posted 24 October 2011 - 02:29 PM

QUOTE (houston @ Oct 24 2011, 02:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks man! I do have two questions about your lid though! For the velcro on the ears, did you use just standard velcro? I was thinking about buying military grade velcro cause I wasnt sure if the tension of the goggles would be too much for the velcro. Also how do you like your X-nape? I have the H-nape and its pretty damn comfy and snug!

I used standard grade self adhesive velcro. its actually really really strong (got it from ACE hardware.) I've re configured my lid like 3-4 times now and used the same velcro. none of it has ever peeled or anything like that. its pretty strong so I wouldn't worry.

the X nape is really nice, boatloads better than the standard issue chinstrap. im sure its going to be a little less stable than the H nape but I mean for 15 bucks less and esp since im not using NVGs (yet...) it is 100% what I was looking for. so the verdict is no question two thumbs up

#6 75Ranger

75Ranger
  • Interests:MILSIM, Mountain Biking

Posted 24 October 2011 - 05:20 PM

<AT>ACE of SPADES-

This is my Protec Ace I painted- can you actually please post a picture of yours...
KWA KM4 SR10

KWA M9 PTP

Task Force Rapture

#7 ACE of SPADES11

ACE of SPADES11

Posted 24 October 2011 - 06:03 PM

Nice job on yours! That's exactly what I was going to do to mine too... lol

Here is mine:

#8 Knighthawk

Knighthawk

Posted 24 October 2011 - 07:45 PM

Wow good stuff everyone.
Ranger I like yours but I would've made the snake skin less apparent but still cool.

How are the protecs? in terms of comfortablity?
I'm not high speed enough for this stuff. I just use a MICH2000 with a helmet cover matching my camo or black for my future "black loadout"
"Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life." - John 8:12

35th Mountain Assault Unit is recruiting!
(PM me)
My Navy SEAL kit
Getting into Airsoft? Here's a Guide!

#9 ACE of SPADES11

ACE of SPADES11

Posted 24 October 2011 - 08:25 PM

QUOTE (IntraTec45 @ Oct 24 2011, 08:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How are the protecs? in terms of comfortablity?
I'm not high speed enough for this stuff. I just use a MICH2000 with a helmet cover matching my camo or black for my future "black loadout"

They are great, it's just a bike helmet with nice padding in it, the helmets are like they are part of your head when you wear them, I don't even use my chinstrap for it.

BTW IntraT, I finally got that Condor MOPC to replace the CIRAS haha, it's awesome.

#10 houston

houston

Posted 24 October 2011 - 10:21 PM

QUOTE (jjmathews202 @ Oct 24 2011, 09:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I used standard grade self adhesive velcro. its actually really really strong (got it from ACE hardware.) I've re configured my lid like 3-4 times now and used the same velcro. none of it has ever peeled or anything like that. its pretty strong so I wouldn't worry.

the X nape is really nice, boatloads better than the standard issue chinstrap. im sure its going to be a little less stable than the H nape but I mean for 15 bucks less and esp since im not using NVGs (yet...) it is 100% what I was looking for. so the verdict is no question two thumbs up

So just regular velcro will be alright? Gotcha! I got my H-nape for free from one of my neighbors so I feel pretty boss with it!haha But yeah I love mine!

Im not really too much of a bike helmet fan, but those look pretty awsome! Good job guys!

#11 Knighthawk

Knighthawk

Posted 24 October 2011 - 10:29 PM

QUOTE (ACE of SPADES11 @ Oct 24 2011, 09:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
They are great, it's just a bike helmet with nice padding in it, the helmets are like they are part of your head when you wear them, I don't even use my chinstrap for it.

BTW IntraT, I finally got that Condor MOPC to replace the CIRAS haha, it's awesome.

Yea I had one when I used to skateboard...shame that I threw it away, could have put it to use and it would have seen more life lol.

PM with the details on that MOPC, I'm gunna order an LBT soon if I can't get one here
"Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life." - John 8:12

(PM me)
My Navy SEAL kit

#12 CFI

CFI

Posted 24 October 2011 - 10:46 PM

My helmet. MICH 2000. Tried the Ranger snake skin pattern

From left to right: Plain kevalar finish, Woodland, MARPAT woodland, and Multicam

(this one is my pride and joy!) Gi issue winter weather cover

Edited by CFI, 24 October 2011 - 10:49 PM.

#13 jjmathews202

jjmathews202

Posted 25 October 2011 - 06:50 PM

[quote name='CFI' date='Oct 24 2011, 11:46 PM' post='18572182']
My helmet. MICH 2000. Tried the Ranger snake skin pattern

good stuff. needs some accessories like an NVG helmet. with that gucci factor a camo job u gotta have some sweet kit on the helmet!

As far as snakeskin patterns go, it looks pretty solid but next time id try and make the snakeskin a little less apparent (id suggest also sticking to one color) and uniform. its not meant to be like perfect, its a little more on the art side of things than strict uniformity (ik uncommon for the military but SOF units do this not grunts.) what I usually do is take the netting (use small netting like a butterfly net. big looks kinda weird its supossed to be a small tight pattern) and just dust in blotches. don't nuke the helmet with the top color paint, its supposed to be lightly put on there. sometimes its hard when u have a really dark color (the espresso on my helmet) so go easy.

if u want a good idea of some snake skin patterns on helmets go take a look at zaitsev's lid on this forum. His snakeskin is pretty typical of what u'd see a ranger doing.

hope this helps!

#14 Khazzy

Khazzy

Posted 25 October 2011 - 10:56 PM

Do not have recent pics of the MICH 2001 with ARC rails but here is my MICH 2000 with multicam cover minus my ESS Turbo Fans FG

#15 houston

houston

Posted 26 October 2011 - 03:00 AM

Nice MICH Khazzy! Im not too much of a fan of the helmet cover, but this actually looks pretty cool! Can you post up your MICH 2001?

#16 Bobbilina

Bobbilina
  • Interests:Airsoft, gearwhoring, xbox, flying, rugby, American football, shooting

Posted 26 October 2011 - 10:26 AM

MICH TC-2000 repro
ML-8 mike Lite
Norotos one point repro
Norotos TATM
Counter weight pouch
MS-2000

Usually has my desert locusts on there, will get some other pics up soon.... There are some angles in my SF thread but there weren't many helmet focussed pictures.
-There is no problem that cannot be solved by the use of high explosives.

-WIP Special Forces loadout updated regularly

#17 Max255

Max255

Posted 26 October 2011 - 12:50 PM

Gentex ACH
USGI NVG Mount
NVG Arm (probably USGI one)
MS-2000
Surefire HL-1 copy
Velcro
30min of painting ;)

#18 Khazzy

Khazzy

Posted 26 October 2011 - 05:01 PM

Better pics and the MICH 2001 paint finished. Has real FG chinstrap, fake ARC rails but fully functional. Helmet is ABS and has a new coat of nutmeg spray paint from ACE hardware. Stuff is VERY close to Coyote Brown. Real tan Cateyes band.

The MICH 2000 better quality

#19 houston

houston

Posted 26 October 2011 - 10:49 PM

QUOTE (Bobbilina @ Oct 26 2011, 05:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

MICH TC-2000 repro
ML-8 mike Lite
Norotos one point repro
Norotos TATM
Counter weight pouch
MS-2000

Usually has my desert locusts on there, will get some other pics up soon.... There are some angles in my SF thread but there weren't many helmet focussed pictures.

QUOTE (Max255 @ Oct 26 2011, 07:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Gentex ACH
USGI NVG Mount
NVG Arm (probably USGI one)
MS-2000
Surefire HL-1 copy
Velcro
30min of painting ;)

WOW!! Very nice lids! Im actually pretty jealous!haha

#20 houston

houston

Posted 02 November 2011 - 07:17 AM

Sorry for the double post
**UPDATE**

I spray painted my helmet a few days ago but didnt want to post it up till I got my swing arm. Took me about 30 minutes to finish, and I cant stop admiring it.lol. I got the mount yesterday but the base mount on it fits a standard USGI NVG mount, so now I have to buy a a 3 hole shroud conversion kit for it :( Oh well. Anyways, enjoy!

Things left to get(in order):
3 hole shroud conversion kit
VIP strobe
Team Wendy EPIC Air pads
Surefire HL1 helmet light
Call sign patch

#21 ACE of SPADES11

ACE of SPADES11

Posted 08 November 2011 - 05:40 PM

So I got around to re-painting my helmet. Again, I found some old netting and it wasn't very good, but I want effectiveness more than it to be perfect.

Here was after the second step (first was tan):

And all finished:

I'm happy because from a distance it looks mostly green but not solid and noticeable.

#22 Knighthawk

Knighthawk

Posted 08 November 2011 - 05:52 PM

Nice paintjob. I never understood why Special Forces and all of them have their helmet in a dark distinctive color. like Ranger Green or CB. It draws attention. I think helmet covers or snakeskin are way better than solid colors.

(PM me)
My Navy SEAL kit

#23 Gcommando36

Gcommando36
  • Interests:Airsawft, teh internets, reel steelzorz

• My Temperament:6, 1, 5, 12

Posted 08 November 2011 - 09:28 PM

Pretty simple, but effective

Real Marine LWH (The store I bought it from thought it was a PASGT and I ended up saving $130 on it)
Cat Eyes Band
Arena Flakjaks
single google strap
50/50 tan/green paintjob

#24 Bobbilina

Bobbilina
  • Interests:Airsoft, gearwhoring, xbox, flying, rugby, American football, shooting

Posted 09 November 2011 - 09:05 AM

QUOTE (houston @ Nov 2 2011, 12:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sorry for the double post
**UPDATE**

Nice paint job! I'm never happy with how mine turn out...
-There is no problem that cannot be solved by the use of high explosives.

-WIP Special Forces loadout updated regularly

#25 houston

houston

Posted 10 November 2011 - 04:40 AM

Nice paint job! I'm never happy with how mine turn out...

I saw this video a few years back, and I watched it again before I painted my helmet and it proved to be pretty useful!

Hope this helps!

Edited by houston, 10 November 2011 - 04:52 AM.

#26 ShockAndAwe

ShockAndAwe
  • Interests:Airsoft, soccer, military stuff(modern US forces, mainly the USMC, guns, vehicles, etc.), police stuff.

Posted 10 November 2011 - 04:09 PM

Replica MICH-2000. I'll probably switch out the flag for an IR one and throw an MS2000 on it some time.

I'll have to get up some pics of my psuedo-LWH (Unicor PASGT) as well.

#27 CFI

CFI

Posted 26 November 2011 - 12:28 AM

Kevalar PASGT with snow-white cover, Kevalar MICH 2000 with ACU cover single hole NVG and goggle straps along with Revision Desert Locus, MICH 2000 Replica paint snakeskin have multicam cover on it for now.

More close up of the new MICH 2000

#28 Lizzard

Lizzard
  • Interests:THINGS.

Posted 07 January 2012 - 04:43 AM

Hey guise:

Got me some plans for this one, yes I do.
<3>

#29 Khazzy

Khazzy

Posted 07 January 2012 - 08:04 AM

Replica right

#30 Lizzard

Lizzard

Posted 08 January 2012 - 12:51 PM

Sadly, yes.
<3>

#31 Khazzy

Khazzy

Posted 08 January 2012 - 01:04 PM

Sadly yes? I can fathom spending the cash on a real OPS Core for Airsoft but an 800 dollar helmet for airsoft is a tad too much hahaha. The replica looks just as good. I was thinking about getting one but meh lol. If I were to get one, I would get the real straps for it.

<AT>Bob, is that a David Clark Headset boom mic light? My squadron issued those to us for when we are flying haha, I happened to put mine on my helmet as well as a flash light is easier for me to use than extra crap on my headset.

Edited by Khazzy, 08 January 2012 - 01:08 PM.

#32 Lizzard

Lizzard

Posted 09 January 2012 - 01:51 AM

QUOTE (Khazzy @ Jan 8 2012, 10:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sadly yes? I can fathom spending the cash on a real OPS Core for Airsoft but an 800 dollar helmet for airsoft is a tad too much hahaha. The replica looks just as good. I was thinking about getting one but meh lol. If I were to get one, I would get the real straps for it.

<AT>Bob, is that a David Clark Headset boom mic light? My squadron issued those to us for when we are flying haha, I happened to put mine on my helmet as well as a flash light is easier for me to use than extra crap on my headset.

That's why I have a replica. a-wink.gif However, I always like having real gear. Plus, an AirFrame would make an excellent addition to my SHTF kit; I'd rather have that than a MICH for sure.

As for the straps, the ones the TMC helmet come with are pretty good, but I'd guess the real OPS Core would fit a bit better (never used them).

And you mean the Base Jump, right? 'Cause the Carbon is $600, and the ballistic is almost $900, heh.

<3>

#33 Khazzy

Khazzy

Posted 09 January 2012 - 06:59 PM

QUOTE (Lizzard @ Jan 9 2012, 02:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That's why I have a replica. a-wink.gif However, I always like having real gear. Plus, an AirFrame would make an excellent addition to my SHTF kit; I'd rather have that than a MICH for sure.

As for the straps, the ones the TMC helmet come with are pretty good, but I'd guess the real OPS Core would fit a bit better (never used them).

And you mean the Base Jump, right? 'Cause the Carbon is $600, and the ballistic is almost $900, heh.

haha no the real AirFrame helmet from Crye is over 800 is what I was talking about.

#34 Lizzard

Lizzard

Posted 09 January 2012 - 07:34 PM

QUOTE (Khazzy @ Jan 9 2012, 03:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
haha no the real AirFrame helmet from Crye is over 800 is what I was talking about.

Oh no, I know, but you said you could see buying a real OPS Core helmet, I'm guessing Base Jump right?
<3>

#35 Khazzy

Khazzy

Posted 10 January 2012 - 07:22 PM

correct

#36 capone5

capone5
  • Interests:Paintball,Airsoft,MyGirlfriend,My Olds cutlass's and my H1

Posted 17 January 2012 - 10:50 PM

M42 German Reproduction Helmet with rope net.

Spanish M35 Stalhelm basically a copy of the German Version. Breadbag strap used as foliage strap.

East German M-56 Helmet with netting

My PASGT

#37 Lutz

Lutz

Posted 19 January 2012 - 11:38 AM

My Kevlar PASGT. I love this thing.

IPB Image

#38 mountainsniper

mountainsniper
  • Interests:camping<br />shooting<br />PC Gaming<br />airsoft

Posted 21 January 2012 - 05:32 PM

QUOTE (capone5 @ Jan 17 2012, 10:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

M42 German Reproduction Helmet with rope net.

There we go. a-grin.gif

I personally don't like the "snakeskin" pattern on all these helmets but to each his own. I've got a decked out M1 helmet for my 'Nam impression, a Legit M88 with a multicam cover, and a Pro-Tec Ace painted tan. I have for the most part transitioned over to baseball caps and boonies because I play on woodland fields.

Edited by mountainsniper, 21 January 2012 - 05:32 PM.

"If it's a fair fight, then something has gone wrong with your plan."-
Armory: A&K M60, CA XM177E2, CYMA AKSU, JG BAR-10, KWA USP Tactical, CQB Master "Alpha", UTG M3 multishot, KWA M4A1 (WIP)
Adirondack Rangers member, TFL-Alpha

#39 houston

houston

Posted 28 February 2012 - 04:25 AM

I know its been awhile, I've been pretty busy with work and im moving back home to Alabama, but I finally got around to post some pics! Not complete just yet! Still a few things I wanna get, but here is what I have so far! *Quick note* I also got an amazing deal on a real Tc-2000 so once I get that and pimp it out, I will post some pics! For now, enjoy!

Replica Mich Tc-2000 w/Rep Norotos 3 hole shroud
Norotos TATM (Short)
Rep V.I.P Strobe
Ops-Core H-Nape

#40 SpeedRacer9220

SpeedRacer9220

Posted 29 February 2012 - 08:11 PM

A few pics of mine. Still deciding if I want to paint it or not.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users