to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share

Important Announcement!

Our Pinzgauer Project is in "Pre Launch" - Click Here to let us know what you think before the project goes live.

Photo
- - - - -

WE Glock 17

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 RunnerGunner

RunnerGunner
  • Interests:airsoft

Posted 25 October 2011 - 09:13 PM

If you check out the Evike Facebook page, they posted pictures of the unreleased WE G17.
Ill put up some pictures in a sec...

Hopefully they are able to fill the KWA Glock void.

Right off the bat, I can tell this isnt a newest version Glock. The grip isn't gen4. Also, is seems as though they may have used the serial number bar on the front of the frame as a safety. Hopefully They make this is a little more realistic. Im mostly concerned about the actual quality though.

Attached Files

Edited by RunnerGunner, 25 October 2011 - 09:18 PM.

#2 psychobunny

psychobunny

That guy. You know. The one with the face.

• 4,285 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft<br />Video Games<br />Computers<br />Metal/Music in general<br />Film

Posted 25 October 2011 - 11:54 PM

I don't think anyone is gonna model their glocks after the Gen 4 at least for a while. The Gen 3 is pretty tried and true. Having adjustable back straps would be cool but otherwise the updates wouldn't really matter when they translate to airsoft.

But on to the actual product. I don't really see a need for it. I already don't really care for WE's products and this isn't really changing my opinion. Assuming they don't go all stupid and make anything proprietary you really just have a TM or KSC clone. China's got that covered between Meister, ARMY, and those obscure companies that copy KSC/KWA. And then after that you could just go with TM or KWA for the original.

However I'm all for them to prove me wrong and give a product that's more reliable than getting one of the Chinese clones. Although this could really go either way.

My Youtube Channel
^For awesome builds and tech videos!

http://www.airsoftfo...al-t225374.html
^ For the absolute best in accuracy in your AEG.

#3 Cardboard Box

Cardboard Box
  • Interests:(ch)airsofting, Adobe Illustrator

• My Temperament:Melancholy

Posted 26 October 2011 - 12:02 AM

I'm somewhat interested in this. If WE pulls off a quality job and makes it consistently TM or KWA compatible, I might look into picking one up. I'd be more for KJW making a Glock, but we'll see.

#4 psychobunny

psychobunny

• 4,285 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft<br />Video Games<br />Computers<br />Metal/Music in general<br />Film

Posted 26 October 2011 - 12:24 AM

QUOTE (Cardboard Box @ Oct 25 2011, 10:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm somewhat interested in this. If WE pulls off a quality job and makes it consistently TM or KWA compatible, I might look into picking one up. I'd be more for KJW making a Glock, but we'll see.

KJW does make a pretty decent TM system glock. Just not a full sized 17.

My Youtube Channel

#5 alberty

alberty
  • Interests:( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

• My Temperament:( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

Posted 26 October 2011 - 01:17 AM

I'm wondering if this will need to be sold in "halves" like Evike does for other models right now, haha.

Regardless of everyone's opinions about WE itself, I am interested in seeing a (hopefully) easily-available-in-the-US G17 repliac being released. You know, since the older replicas are a bit harder to acquire due to legal issues, and the new KWA ATP wasn't so great (from what I've heard from local users and their experience with it).

I think KJW's G23/19 stuff is proprietary (I am not actually sure). I don't mind way too much about WE's proprietary stuff since that just means I that people sell them used for cheap, haha. Again, not gonna start a WE praising session here, just saying that it's not a stopper to me.

BUT can't say anything until we actually find out.

Edited by alberty, 26 October 2011 - 01:25 PM.

#6 skyrider

skyrider

Posted 26 October 2011 - 12:50 PM

Kjw is tm compatible. Looks like a tm clone.

#7 RunnerGunner

RunnerGunner

Posted 26 October 2011 - 10:03 PM

I saw a few internal pictures of the WE G17, and they did look to be a TM clone. I cant be sure though, because it was a long time since I was working on that TM G17.

#8 spider_child

spider_child
  • Interests:Airsoft (duh), conspiracy theories, good conversation, breaking things so I can learn to fix them. And the usual music/movies crap.

Posted 27 October 2011 - 02:10 AM

TM Clone

#9 AKAKman

AKAKman
  • Interests:RC Planes, some airsoft replicas....anything with an engine on it....

Posted 27 October 2011 - 09:28 AM

I think WE has already proved themselves to make anything BUT quality guns. Their pistols all have crap pot metal parts and use the lowest metal alloys and plastics availible.

Having owned both a KJW and WE, I cant tell you the difference is day and night. I have yet to try out a KJW Glock....but I'd skip any NEW WE any day. Even TM Glocks will be better than this...in stock form too.

#10 alberty

alberty

Posted 27 October 2011 - 11:03 AM

Well, it's to fill in the niche for a cheap TM Glock clone besides the current Army/KJW ones. There's both higher end and lower end brands in airsoft for everybody.

#11 skyrider

skyrider

Posted 27 October 2011 - 07:18 PM

Picking up a used Tm glock is 10x better than buying a clone.

#12 AirsoftRepairGuy(Hans17)

AirsoftRepairGuy(Hans17)
  • Interests:Currently Own:<br />Systema PTW Mk18<br />Fully Upped TM M14<br />Fully Upped KJW M700<br />Magpul PTS ACR Foliage Green<br />WE G39c<br />KWA Mp7<br />Tanaka Kar98 w/ ZF41 scope<br />Tanaka SAA Steel finish Cavalry<br />KSC Glock 17<br />KSC M9 PTP<br />KWA USPc NS2<br />WE 1911 (custom painted OD/Black)<br />Tokyo Marui Desert Eagle Chrome<br />Tokyo Marui Desert Eagle Gold<br />Marushin Taurus Raging Bull Chrome<br />TSD M3 full stock<br />WE Luger<br />AI Tornado Grenade timed black<br /><br />Would like:<br />WE M14 or EBR<br />WE P90<br />Tavor<br />CA P90<br />Marushin or KTW Winchester<br />MORE Tanaka SAA's<br />Upgraded AK of some sort.<br />M1 Garand<br />WE 1911 Govt.<br />Micro T-1 Red dot

• My Temperament:Meh

Posted 27 October 2011 - 07:25 PM

Most of WE's newer products have been of higher quality material and seem to have better QC still at a low price. TM's will always be amazing but if you just want a cheap fun gun to mess with or fully upgrade clones are just for that exactly.

PolarStar M249 for sale in the sales section. PM for details.

#13 jIMMY37

jIMMY37
  • Interests:RC. PC's. Older guns. Tinkering. Making things work. Infinite Bass custom subwoofer boxes.

Posted 27 October 2011 - 07:52 PM

Awesome, another par level gun that we get to pay to R&D for we tech. *twirls a finger*

I don't vent, I'm violently honest.

QUOTE (Zemanova @ Nov 7 2011, 01:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
don't get this one. itll go in and get lost
http://www.khmountai...rsoft/HP006.jpg
trust me, im a gynecologist

#14 psychobunny

psychobunny

• 4,285 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 11:59 PM

http://www.rsov.com/...a...&cateId=122

well. they're cheap? LOL idk what else to say.

My Youtube Channel

#15 alberty

alberty

Posted 28 October 2011 - 01:05 AM

That's pretty much my point for this. It's a new cheap clone/addition to the Glock replicas out there, able to handle green gas out of the box.

We don't need to have a WE sucks discussion here--just keep in mind it's an option there for those who want it.

#16 jIMMY37

jIMMY37
  • Interests:RC. PC's. Older guns. Tinkering. Making things work. Infinite Bass custom subwoofer boxes.

Posted 28 October 2011 - 04:54 PM

Do we need another option? If you have the choice between ten different things and about five of them are the same, what's the point? And don't say it's a cheap alternative when there's a few other just as cheap alternatives.

I'll just stick to my 100$ KWA G18c as a cheaper alternative....

#17 alberty

alberty

Posted 28 October 2011 - 05:49 PM

Right, but I don't see anywhere where you can get a brand new KWA G18C for $100 stateside from a major retailer. If the WE G17 doesn't face legal issues for importation, then it's a stateside-retailer-available option for a 1:1 G17 GBB that, according to other users, is also TM-parts-compatible by being a clone, but with the stock parts setup for green gas. Of course, we can only speculate those aspects until it actually is released.

Edit: corrected by spider_child about size

Edited by alberty, 29 October 2011 - 01:38 PM.

#18 spider_child

spider_child
  • Interests:Airsoft (duh), conspiracy theories, good conversation, breaking things so I can learn to fix them. And the usual music/movies crap.

Posted 29 October 2011 - 01:48 AM

QUOTE (alberty @ Oct 28 2011, 05:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Right, but I don't see anywhere where you can get a brand new KWA G18C for $100 stateside from a major retailer. If the WE G17 doesn't face legal issues for importation, then it's a stateside-retailer-available option for a 1:1 G17 GBB that, according to other users, is also TM-parts-compatible by being a clone, but with the stock parts setup for green gas. Of course, we can only speculate those aspects until it actually is released.

Marui-based Glocks are not 1:1.

#19 Dmitri

Dmitri

Safe. Semi. Burst. Full-Tsundere.

• Authorized Seller Elite
  • 2,373 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, philosophy, guns, hentai, scifi, and anime

• My Temperament:Melancholy

Posted 29 October 2011 - 11:36 AM

I'll pass on this. I have an Umarex Tactical Force C.O.M.B.A.T. CO2 pistol. Costs the same, but mags are cheaper (hurray non-Crosman stick mags!) and the gun won't jam NEARLY as easily as most GBB's.

It'd be interesting to see if WE makes a CO2-compatible one, though.

The only person on this site to turn down an offer to be a mod.
Read if you dare: "The Ballad of the Crazy Airsmith"

Dmitri Kalashnikov is as smart as the asian guy from "The Green Hornet" Only with a lot more guns and a little red-neck

#20 RunnerGunner

RunnerGunner

Posted 29 October 2011 - 12:56 PM

I may pick up one for a review.

And I would just stay away from KWA glocks now.
All of the left over ones out there are probably 5 years old with thousands of rounds through them, without replacement parts. They WERE the best Glock, but being that old and having no parts makes them a bad buy.

#21 psychobunny

psychobunny

• 4,285 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 01:57 PM

or just go KSC. Those are still pretty available.

My Youtube Channel

#22 blaudeman123

blaudeman123
  • Interests:Busy with school, sports, firearms, tactical training, airsoft<br />You can tell I am a hardcore CQBer by my guns list..

Posted 19 November 2011 - 08:28 PM

HEY guys, Im actually selling a WE g17. Please PM if you are interested. They still are not released in the US. Its quaintly is amazing!!! much better than my gen3 TM, even with a custom slide and barrel.

#23 skyrider

skyrider

Posted 19 November 2011 - 08:49 PM

LOL better than your TM glock...

#24 jIMMY37

jIMMY37

Posted 20 November 2011 - 12:53 AM

QUOTE (blaudeman123 @ Nov 19 2011, 08:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
HEY guys, Im actually selling a WE g17. Please PM if you are interested. They still are not released in the US. Its quaintly is amazing!!! much better than my gen3 TM, even with a custom slide and barrel.

Who's this guy and where'd he get his :censored2: "tm" glock to compare his china glock to?

#25 blaudeman123

blaudeman123
  • Interests:Busy with school, sports, firearms, tactical training, airsoft<br />You can tell I am a hardcore CQBer by my guns list..

Posted 20 November 2011 - 01:10 AM

QUOTE (jIMMY37 @ Nov 20 2011, 12:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Who's this guy and where'd he get his censored2.gif "tm" glock to compare his china glock to?

LOL. I swear the WE frame's polymer feels alot better than the TM abs. My PGC slide and barrel are pretty darn wobbly and the WE feels really sturdy. The TM is more accurate of course but where the WE wins is in mags, of course. The TM with the WE mags is great. My TM is a year old with TONS of use, so that is part of it aswell. I can take so comparison pictures and what not if anyone wants. I have a gen3 glock with a PGC slide and barrel kit(really nice) and some extra upgrades.

#26 skyrider

skyrider

Posted 20 November 2011 - 01:13 AM

I guess I can understand WE's frame feeling better if they made it more heavy weight but my PGC fit to frame is perfect, no wobbles. You must have not fitted it right. I also doubt the WE fitment is not wobbling at all.

Expand on why you think WE mags are better than TM mags??

Edited by skyrider, 20 November 2011 - 01:13 AM.

#27 blaudeman123

blaudeman123

Posted 20 November 2011 - 01:30 AM

QUOTE (skyrider @ Nov 20 2011, 02:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I guess I can understand WE's frame feeling better if they made it more heavy weight but my PGC fit to frame is perfect, no wobbles. You must have not fitted it right. I also doubt the WE fitment is not wobbling at all.

Expand on why you think WE mags are better than TM mags??

They seem to hold more gas and put out more consistent powerful shots. My TM mags don't really give the gun much ummf. and the high flow valve I do have on one preforms consistently worse than stock valves. I do not think the WE is better AT ALL, I realize I made it sound like it. It was more of a surprise. They definitely stepped up their game, the manual also says it is a new series of higher end GBBs. I have never had a WE gbb pistol, other than a knight hawk temporally. I mainly use TM and KWA. So my experience with WE is limited, but I know their pistols suck.

#28 Kavurcen

Kavurcen
  • Interests:Airsofting, Couchsofting, MW2, and food. Lots of food.
  • SOA Name: Kavurcen

Posted 20 November 2011 - 01:54 AM

QUOTE (blaudeman123 @ Nov 19 2011, 05:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
much better than my gen3 TM

QUOTE (blaudeman123 @ Nov 19 2011, 10:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I do not think the WE is better AT ALL, I realize I made it sound like it.

Yes, you very much did.
I have FS threads on Airsoft Barracks

BTW, I appreciate being PM'd back. Only about 10% of people I PM do the same, the rest I have to assume are just awful people.

#29 skyrider

skyrider

Posted 20 November 2011 - 01:55 AM

Sounds more like something wrong with your TM magazines?

My TM magazines perform perfectly fine power wise (very consistent) and I get 2 magazines per fill of gas (this is with a metal slide and upgraded recoil/hammer spring.

#30 blaudeman123

blaudeman123

Posted 20 November 2011 - 02:02 AM

QUOTE (skyrider @ Nov 20 2011, 01:55 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sounds more like something wrong with your TM magazines?

My TM magazines perform perfectly fine power wise (very consistent) and I get 2 magazines per fill of gas (this is with a metal slide and upgraded recoil/hammer spring.

Something could easily be wrong with them. I use them alot. I eventually plan on getting around to giving them some TLC. I do not plan on keeping the WE, so im on the TM side of things. After I give the TM so basic upgrades/tune ups, I should be back in business with it.

#31 skyrider

skyrider

Posted 20 November 2011 - 04:26 AM

Yea I've owned many TMs and the glocks are my fav. PM me if you need help with anything.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users