to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share

Important Announcement!

Our Pinzgauer Project is in "Pre Launch" - Click Here to let us know what you think before the project goes live.

Photo
- - - - -

glock 23 conversion to smg or rifle?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 snipingbenny

snipingbenny
  • Interests:Airsoft.

Posted 24 January 2012 - 07:12 PM

I wanna get a conversion to make my KJW g23 into a smg or rifle. I found this http://www.evike.com...oducts_id=34332 but not sure if it is compatable with the 23. does anyone know or have any info of what is compatible?

#2 whytheneon

whytheneon
  • Interests:cars, airsoft, paintball, family guy,

Posted 25 January 2012 - 12:38 AM

the 23 is a compact, so probably not

#3 renegadecow

renegadecow

Posted 25 January 2012 - 02:30 AM

It will fit. The G23 is a compact pistol, but a Glock none-the-less. The only part that's of concern is the dust cover rail which is pretty much identical between Glock models that have them.
You wanna die with a man's gun. Not a little sissy gun like that.

#4 sharxbyte

sharxbyte
  • Location:I'm a sniper... Why would I tell you where I am...? California...=]
  • Interests:knives, swords, fire, running, swimming, art, computers, soccer.

Posted 25 January 2012 - 10:15 AM

Are there separate uppers I can get to convert a g19 into a fully automatic?
Knives are the best thing since before sliced bread =D

KJW m700p sniper rifle- 6.01 TBB installed, painted camo

WE G39c with Tanio Koba Twist barrel. NPAS equipped

KWA Glock 19

A gallery of pictures of my gun

#5 AsianDraggon

AsianDraggon

Posted 25 January 2012 - 03:08 PM

<AT>sharxbyte, no not that I know of. However, filing down the disconnect sear "should" result in full-auto firing. You just don't have the ability to switch between full and semi.

<AT>snipingbenny your Glock won't be an SMG nor a Rifle. It will just be a pistol with a stock and foregrip. You can put in a longer barrel which should net you a bit longer effective range and a nice FPS boost, but otherwise you still have a pistol. And honestly, a pistol is far easier to maneuver with. Not trying to kill your dreams or anything, I'm just letting you know that it won't be what you wanted.

For 50 more bucks you could buy a nice KWA Mac-11, which is an SMG.

#6 covertghost

covertghost

Posted 25 January 2012 - 05:54 PM

I really don't understand why pistol-to-carbine conversion kits exist. Sure, they look cool and have a fore-grip and rails, but you lose a lot of maneuverability.
Snipingbenny, could you explain why you want it? I'm just curious why someone would want one.

#7 snipingbenny

snipingbenny
  • Interests:Airsoft.

Posted 25 January 2012 - 06:38 PM

So this will work with the g23? And it just looks sick lol. Not to mention it's always nice to add a re dot or other aiming device onto it. It's just mainly to mess around with though.

#8 renegadecow

renegadecow

Posted 25 January 2012 - 11:27 PM

QUOTE (covertghost @ Jan 26 2012, 06:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I really don't understand why pistol-to-carbine conversion kits exist.

The whole purpose is to add a stock to a handgun which makes it a lot more precise even while moving. In some models, it also adds a significant amount of weight helping to reduce recoil.

QUOTE (snipingbenny @ Jan 26 2012, 07:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So this will work with the g23?

As I've already said, yes, it will work.
You wanna die with a man's gun. Not a little sissy gun like that.

#9 sharxbyte

sharxbyte
  • Location:I'm a sniper... Why would I tell you where I am...? California...=]
  • Interests:knives, swords, fire, running, swimming, art, computers, soccer.

Posted 25 January 2012 - 11:34 PM

QUOTE (AsianDraggon @ Jan 25 2012, 12:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<AT>sharxbyte, no not that I know of. However, filing down the disconnect sear "should" result in full-auto firing. You just don't have the ability to switch between full and semi.

<AT>snipingbenny your Glock won't be an SMG nor a Rifle. It will just be a pistol with a stock and foregrip. You can put in a longer barrel which should net you a bit longer effective range and a nice FPS boost, but otherwise you still have a pistol. And honestly, a pistol is far easier to maneuver with. Not trying to kill your dreams or anything, I'm just letting you know that it won't be what you wanted.

For 50 more bucks you could buy a nice KWA Mac-11, which is an SMG.

Ya.. I've wanted an SMG... (have sniper, AR, and pistol; nothing in between) but right now scraping enough for gasd is tough..
Knives are the best thing since before sliced bread =D

KJW m700p sniper rifle- 6.01 TBB installed, painted camo

WE G39c with Tanio Koba Twist barrel. NPAS equipped

KWA Glock 19

A gallery of pictures of my gun

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users