to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share

Important Announcement!

Our Pinzgauer Project is in "Pre Launch" - Click Here to let us know what you think before the project goes live.

Photo

Best RIS for a G&P WOC body?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Cap10Squirty

Cap10Squirty

Posted 01 February 2012 - 07:44 PM

So my two-piece RIS that fits in the handguard clamp is WAY too loose. I recently bought a no-brand free float RIS and am returning it because it only screws down 2/3 of the way onto the body before it becomes too tight to budge. I do not have a AR-15 multitool and do not want to risk breaking the metal body (which I have made the mistake of doing so before...now I completely separate the upper and lower receiver when doing this)

Anyway,

are there any brands like madbull or similar that offer rail systems that will fit my G&P WOC?

Regards

Cap10

#2 kagami

kagami
  • Interests:Airsoft<br />Animu<br />Modern Warfare 3<br />Animu.

Posted 03 February 2012 - 01:14 AM

Madbull often has G&P nuts for all of their freefloat RIS models, check them out when when you buy a rail.

alternatively you can just buy a G&P handguard (URX, RIS II replica) and roll with that.
100% Chu~Gakusei

#3 vulrath

vulrath

Posted 04 February 2012 - 11:19 PM

I've heard of people having barrel nuts where the thread pitch is slightly different from G&P. Their solution was to lightly file the threads on the receiver until it fit. I have never attempted this, though. as I use regular ol' G&P handguards (I prefer to keep my guns' externals as simplistic as possible, so I don't care much for rails).
In order to understand recursion, you must first learn the principle of recursion.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users