to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share

Important Announcement!

Our Pinzgauer Project is in "Pre Launch" - Click Here to let us know what you think before the project goes live.

Photo
- - - - -

Backyard Airsoft Games

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 IanBoyd

IanBoyd
  • Interests:Airsoft Tactics and Strategy, M4 Carbine, M9 Beretta, Special Forces,

Posted 08 May 2005 - 10:39 AM

I play airsoft with my friends out in our neighborhood sometimes and we play different kinds of games. I wanted to make a thread for posting all those games that you guys play. First, some of my own.

Defend the Hill- Most people have probably done this. Find some place thats high up and do 2v2 or 3v3 and take turns attacking and defending it. Give the people who are attacking the better weapons, unless its 2v1 defender.

FFA- Well this is self-explanatory but you just take cover and move in on different people and its fun with good terrain. 3-way shootouts can be fun with proper cover and fair places.

CTF- This can be played many different ways, but here are my rules (with variations):
-You can only shoot when you are on your side
-If you get hit while on the enemy side, you (are out) (have to go back to your side)
-To rescue people, you (tag them free) (shoot something in enemy territory)
-To score, (take the flag back to base) (shoot the flag XXX # of times) The shooting part makes it fair because otherwise it can just be camped really easy once you move it out in the open.

1 flag CTF- There is a defense and offense. If offense gets shot he has to go back to his start. If defense gets shot, they just have to sit out somewhere for XXX seconds. The more people, the higher the time. If there are a lot of people then the offense can also have to sit out for a little while after they go back to start. Offense just has to grab the flag and run it back or shoot it a couple times btw.

King of the Hill- Teams fight for control of a hill, if you get shot you have to run back to your start point. If you really care who wins you can use a timer or have lives or something, but most of the time just play for fun.

*Note: In all these games with objectives, use common sense and if someone is really close to you run away and shoot at their feet. Likewise, don't ever charge or come too close to someone.

Edited by IanBoyd, 08 May 2005 - 01:15 PM.

#2 Recon

Recon
  • Interests:Airsoft, Militarty Simulation, Work.

Posted 08 May 2005 - 10:54 AM

QUOTE (IanBoyd @ May 8 2005, 03:39 PM)
I play airsoft with my friends out in our neighborhood sometimes

That right there in unacceptable. It dosn't matter where or how you play, but if it is within an public area where people could get hurt then you should not play airsoft there.

#3 airsoft hurts

airsoft hurts
  • Interests:airsoft, girls, skiing, mountain biking, camping, hunting, fishing, girls, diving, kayaking, rock climbing, girls, shooting my mosin nagant/SKS's, potato guns, girls, Extreme stuff, girls.

Posted 08 May 2005 - 11:05 AM

I'ts not about people getting hurt, its about you being seen with guns that look real.....do you think your neigbor will take his time examining your gun before calling the police?

Thanks so much Guy_With_A_Gun for the awesome sig

Current weapons:

KWC smith and wesson pistol (springer)
Kalashnikov ak47 (springer)
KWA mac 11 (gas)

#4 Old Fogey

Old Fogey

Posted 08 May 2005 - 11:21 AM

That's what the clear plastic minis and springers are for.

People here put them down, but there's a reason Sportmart and Kmart sell the clear guns. I don't see where there'd be a problem with backyard wars -- if you use less realistic guns and stay off of the street and public sidewalks.

#5 IanBoyd

IanBoyd
  • Interests:Airsoft Tactics and Strategy, M4 Carbine, M9 Beretta, Special Forces,

Posted 08 May 2005 - 01:00 PM

Sorry, you guys didn't get what I meant. There are 4 friends who all play airsoft and live right next to each other, 3 in a line and 1 across the street. We play in different places around their yards and everyone in the culdesac knows about it and no one calls the police because we are obviously playing a game and they all know us. There is no way people could get hurt because the only kids who live there are the ones who play airsoft and cars very rarely drive by but thwne they do we stop shooting (duh). We are wearing goggles anyway so they don't think the guns are real. I said 'in the neighborhood' because I didn't want to explain all of this. The friend across the street has a giant hill for his front yard with 3 levels of cement with little gardens and stairs and stuff so we use that as the castle. I didn't mean for everyone to think we just run around lots of streets in between lots of houses shooting wildly and stuff. Sorry for the mix-up.

Edited by IanBoyd, 08 May 2005 - 01:02 PM.

#6 Guest_triggerhappy_*

Guest_triggerhappy_*

Posted 08 May 2005 - 01:36 PM

Unless EVERYONE agrees with it, and you have told your local police about your games backyard airsoft is unnaceptable. I am going to close this to keep other, not-so-smart (or newbie) players from getting the wrong idea about where and when airsoft is to be played.

Edited by triggerhappy, 08 May 2005 - 01:37 PM.

#7 Guest_BattlePriest_*

Guest_BattlePriest_*

Posted 08 May 2005 - 05:48 PM

I don't know what gunsofnevada was talking about.

I don't think anyone who replied here was mean or "jumping all over" Ian boyd.

They simply explained why playing in your nieghborhood is bad.

I fully support the closing of this thread.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users