to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share

Important Announcement!

Our Pinzgauer Project is in "Pre Launch" - Click Here to let us know what you think before the project goes live.

Photo
- - - - -

Would Anyone Buy Custom Flash Hiders?

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 USAFairsofter93

USAFairsofter93
  • Interests:AIRSOFT!!! The SCAR!!!

Posted 13 February 2012 - 05:21 PM

I am making custom hand turned and milled flash hiders and I am wondering if anyone would be interested in buying them... I attached a pic of the two first ones I had made, and one I am am currently in the process of making (brass one). These are just some of the things I can do, and if people are interested, I will have some basic models, and I will get better and be able to do more aggressive looking stuff. (the pics don't do these ones any justice)

I am working on getting a tap to do 14mm x 1.0 CCW threads, so the samples shown are not right for airsoft, but if anyone would buy any, they will be 14mm negative.

I would be able to do any number of prongs for the scar look, I can knurl to give it a nice breakup look, I can do suppressor length stuff. I can do a lot of different things. (keep in mind I can do waaaay more, I need to emphasize that)

I can also paint them (for a little extra $1.50), Flat Grey, OD, Desert Tan, or Flat Black (I technically could do any color, but if I don't have it, then the cost of that can would be included in the cost. so if you wanted high gloss hot pink, expect the paint fee to be higher)

Because these are all handmade, ship time would vary greatly, especially if I would get backed up.

Price would vary depending on the type of metal used (aluminum or brass), complexity, and amount time/metal used. Basic models would pry be around $15 or $20, custom stuff would obviously be more

The type of metal makes the flash hider very different, aluminum ones are extremely light, so if you are looking to cut weight on your gun, I would strongly recommend these with prongs. On the other end, brass is very heavy, so if you want the weight of steel, this would be for you (would cost more)

PLEASE give me feedback, if people are interested, or if this would be a waste of time...

REMEMBER, ALL IN ALL, THIS WOULD BE MUCH CHEAPER THAN ORDERING ONE ONLINE, I PAID 25 FOR ONE ON EVIKE THAT WASNT PAINTED OR ANYTHING, I COULD DO THEM FOR AT A MINIMUM OF 15 WITHOUT PAINT (16.50 WITH PAINT). PLUS, YOU GET A VERY UNIQUE FLASH HIDER.

THANKS!!!

Attached File  424987_342941415739447_100000707730369_1050760_1082002956_n.jpg   158.28KB   241 downloads

#2 Eat My M4

Eat My M4

Speed. Surprise. Violence of Action.

• Moderator Level 2
  • 2,277 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft<br /><br />Shooting<br />Hockey

Posted 13 February 2012 - 05:45 PM

Just make sure you get a sponsorship if you want to sell these here.

Long Island, New York. Task Force 495 Member. Cousins Airsoft "Raider"

#3 Raven

Raven

Posted 13 February 2012 - 05:47 PM

This really should belong in the General BST section.

Anyway, simply put YES I would. You seem like you know what you're doing and make top quality stuff. I would definitely buy one in the near future. I think this would do great on the forums, and it's definitely something new you'd be bringing here. I vote +1 for this idea.

& What M4 said.

Edited by Raven Wood, 13 February 2012 - 05:48 PM.

#4 USAFairsofter93

USAFairsofter93
  • Interests:AIRSOFT!!! The SCAR!!!

Posted 13 February 2012 - 05:48 PM

QUOTE (Eat My M4 @ Feb 13 2012, 06:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What do you mean? sorry I am new, and I don't know much about this site, other than the fact that you can sell stuff, I guess...

#5 m99 sniper

m99 sniper
  • Interests:airsoft,ford,airplanes,and talking

Posted 13 February 2012 - 07:10 PM

Wow those are great looking flash hiders im making kind of a high speed light weight gun in the summer and I might take a aluminum one if your still making them by then. a-cool.gif
Middle Tennessee players P.M. if you are interested in creating a Devtsix team!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

GOD BLESS EVERYONE!

#6 Tortoise

Tortoise
  • Interests:Airsoft and other stuff

• My Temperament:7,2,6,9

Posted 13 February 2012 - 08:59 PM

If you could make a really nice M4 flash hider I would totally buy it.

#7 Raven

Raven

Posted 13 February 2012 - 09:21 PM

QUOTE (USAFairsofter93 @ Feb 13 2012, 05:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What do you mean? sorry I am new, and I don't know much about this site, other than the fact that you can sell stuff, I guess...

Meaning you'll need to purchase a Sponsorship for your account to sell your own items you're doing. It's under subscriptions.

#8 airsoftjunky

airsoftjunky
  • Interests:Airsoft, fishing, hunting, camping, hiking, and biking
  • SOA Name: airsoftkid295

Posted 13 February 2012 - 09:53 PM

I would buy one!
If you pay for your own airsoft stuff put this in your sig

#9 2006sport

2006sport

Posted 14 February 2012 - 01:53 AM

I'd definitely buy one.

#10 BBSlinger

BBSlinger
  • Interests:Theatre, Singing, Guitar, Basketball, Minecraft, etc.

Posted 14 February 2012 - 03:57 PM

I think there would be a pretty big group that would get on including me. Send me a PM, I have something in mind for selling these.

SIGNATURE.

#11 OpSic66

OpSic66

Posted 16 February 2012 - 08:55 PM

Absolutely WOULD buy, if you could make the "Smith Enterprise" Nato muzzle brake.

#12 toppar

toppar

Posted 17 February 2012 - 01:36 AM

QUOTE (Tortoise @ Feb 13 2012, 09:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you could make a really nice M4 flash hider I would totally buy it.

So do I.

#13 AAA Airsofter

AAA Airsofter

Posted 20 February 2012 - 06:19 PM

I would
My active sale threads :)

#14 ACE of SPADES11

ACE of SPADES11
  • Interests:Airsoft, football

Posted 20 February 2012 - 09:51 PM

I actually talked to a few of my team members about this on Saturday and a couple of them said they would be interested as well.

#15 sniperx2s

sniperx2s

Posted 21 February 2012 - 09:00 AM

those look sick. I would buy one if I didnt already have flash hiders on all my guns already (excluding my r700, but I plan on putting a suppressor on that)

why would you need a sponsorship? I thought you only needed a authorized seller account.

-RS SVD -ARES AW338 -ARES SR-25 -CM M4 -CA P90 -KJW Double Barrel

-G&P PTS MOE

#16 Eat My M4

Eat My M4

Speed. Surprise. Violence of Action.

• Moderator Level 2
  • 2,277 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft<br /><br />Shooting<br />Hockey

Posted 21 February 2012 - 02:14 PM

QUOTE (sniperx2s @ Feb 21 2012, 09:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
why would you need a sponsorship? I thought you only needed a authorized seller account.

He would need a sponsor ship because he is selling a multitude of goods, not just things he has laying around. He is reselling..

Also, what up STRONG ISLAND?!

Edited by Eat My M4, 21 February 2012 - 02:16 PM.

Long Island, New York. Task Force 495 Member. Cousins Airsoft "Raider"

#17 SHWELL

SHWELL
  • Interests:Airsoft, Photography, and Music Production

• My Temperament:Choleric

Posted 21 February 2012 - 03:12 PM

at that price I would.. And if the quality is good I would even promote it on youtube.

The Harder I work, the Better I live..... I'm retired, what am I supposed to do now?
Die. Please tell me if I'm right. Love, vietec <3

#18 BOSSMAN

BOSSMAN

Posted 21 February 2012 - 05:25 PM

Oh ya! Those look fancy. I would buy one.

#19 SupraAddict

SupraAddict
  • SOA Name: SupraAddict

• My Temperament:3,10,8,3

Posted 22 February 2012 - 11:51 PM

I might just pick one up if you can do one for an M14's threads (14 mm Positive IIRC)
Also, can you make a birdcage flash-hider as well?
Socom Gear M9A1
Cyma M14
JG G36K

#20 sgthugostigl1tz

sgthugostigl1tz

Posted 23 February 2012 - 07:46 PM

Id buy one!!!

#21 Shabby

Shabby

Posted 09 March 2012 - 10:55 AM

I would be interested. Please PM me if this gets off the ground :-)

My current guns:
KJW M4 - KWA KMP9R - KWA M226 - WE G39E - Magpul Masada PTS - GHK G5 - Custom Magpul PolarStar

#22 Penguin_Mojito

Penguin_Mojito

Posted 09 March 2012 - 01:40 PM

Interested, I need a long "Rebar Cutter" esque flashider for my Stubby Tanker. a-wink.gif

Penguin Mojito also Known as AirsoftKing95. Gearbox Tech, Outlaw Airsoft Co-Owner.

#23 AppleFarts

AppleFarts
  • Interests:I am a musician. I play the keyboard with a small band.

Posted 09 March 2012 - 02:14 PM

I would buy two! (Laughs).

They are cute. However, it is possible that they will positive threads? At all?
私はあなたをレイプします!( ∀`)

#24 Airsoft_Claymore

Airsoft_Claymore
  • Interests:Airsofting, duh!
  • SOA Name: claymore_dude

Posted 16 March 2012 - 12:58 AM

Sign me up!

#25 Rancore

Rancore

Posted 21 April 2012 - 05:09 PM

I'd buy one if you could make a troy claymore flashider anodized or parkerized. but atm it seems that you cant coat the metal. are you selling the flashider as the shiny metal it is milled on?

Edited by Rancore, 21 April 2012 - 05:10 PM.

#26 skyrider

skyrider

Posted 22 April 2012 - 11:59 PM

I would think an authorized account is good enough as he technically isn't reselling considering how much work he will put in. There was someone awhile back selling plates for vests and mods were ok with what he was doing (buying materials and making a product).

Wouldn't reselling be buying a premade item in bulk at low cost to turn it around for a profit?

Either way, I guess it is up to a mods decision.

#27 aleksandar

aleksandar

Posted 23 April 2012 - 11:04 PM

If you made lots of unique flash-hiders, I could see a great market for people who wish to customize their guns. Depending on the price and quality, I might buy one for every gun I own.
MY ARSENAL:
Echo1 AK74un Bravo M3 Trishot KWA MAC11
QUOTE (ZERGSOMG @ Mar 21 2012, 07:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That won't be a sniper's rifle; that will be an m4 with scope and bipod. A sniper's rifle isn't just looks; it takes lots of money in upgrades to be practical. Hundreds of dollars to replace most of the internals. Do you think this is Call of Duty where putting a scope upps accuracy?

#28 DoctorWho

DoctorWho
  • Interests:Airsoft, military stuff, computers.

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:34 PM

QUOTE (Eat My M4 @ Feb 13 2012, 03:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Whoa whoa whoa... You need a sponsorship just to sell homemade stuff? WTF? Unless he declares himself a business with a WEBSITE and whatnot, these are just items he's making at home and selling. I'm afraid I can't see how these products need to have an account with a sponsorship, he has no apparent website to outsource too, no adverts besides this questionnaire.. Yeah.

"ASF Sponsors are members, dealers, retailers and suppliers that want to advertise here. Regular members like standard, elite and authorized sellers are not allowed to post advertisements, sales copy, have website links in their signatures or advertise websites or products unless they pay the rate to be an 'ASF Sponsor'."

QUOTE ("Reaper XIV")
Its like hunting, but with human prey.

QUOTE ("Junto")
The ATF: Home to the Government's Failed Special Education Students.

#29 LoneSniperSG

LoneSniperSG
  • Interests:I'm big Steve, or Lone. I got interested in Airsoft due partly to my former college roommate, and partly due to my cousin, who brought 5 of his guns with him on a trip up north with me. <br /><br />My family has a history of service in the armed forces. My father and two of my uncles served in the army in the 80's, my grandfather was in the Army reserve just after the junk in Korea, and my great grandfather was a rifleman in World War II. I also have a good friend who served for 20 years in the Army, was deployed in operation Desert Storm, and generally saw many good and bad things. I've got a friend in the Minnesota national Guard, another who is ex-Army, and one who is an MP.<br /><br />I am told I have a fighting spirit, even if one look at me might not let you see it. I am interested in all things military, and so Airsoft was only a logical step for me. Aside from that, if things in school don't go well ( I mean severely), I am thinking of joining the Army myself.

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:28 PM

I'd get one for my M4 and my AK, definitely. Even better if you could make one for a Y&P/TM MK23 SOCOM pistol, since I don't use the "silencer" anyway.
RED ALLIANCE FORUM - RUSSIAN/SOVIET/EASTERN-BLOC AIRSOFT, MILITARIA & REENACTMENT FORUM

Ivan Chesnokov
QUOTE (Ivan Chesnokov)
YOU HAVE DISEASE OF AMERICAN CAPITALIST, CHANGE THING THAT IS FINE FOR NO REASON EXCEPT TO LOOK DIFFERENT FROM COMRADE.

CYMA CM048M AKM. Echo1/JG M4. Y&P HK Mk23.

#30 jordan460

jordan460
  • Interests:Airsoft, Graphic Design

Posted 29 April 2012 - 04:32 PM

if you sold one in 14mm CW (not CCW, I have an PTS Masada) I'd buy one instantly

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users