to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share

Important Announcement!

Our Pinzgauer Project is in "Pre Launch" - Click Here to let us know what you think before the project goes live.

Photo
- - - - -

G&G m14/ca M14 internals

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Embarrass

Embarrass
  • Interests:Airsoft(lol),video games

Posted 30 March 2012 - 09:46 PM

I just bought a ca m14 but have reason to believe it is a g&g m14(mainly because of the barrel/flash hider). what are the internals for both and can either of them take an m140 stock or will I have to upgrade other things (please include list of what to get). also I'm trying to turn it into more of a dmr. What m14 silencer adapters can I get can can I get a bipod on there? Thanks. airsoft forums won't let me paste the website but I posted 1 picture of it. I can show you others if needed.

Attached Files

Edited by Embarrass, 30 March 2012 - 10:07 PM.

"Be advised, heavily armored ground forces being deployed by the enemy!"

#2 Embarrass

Embarrass

Posted 30 March 2012 - 10:09 PM

More pictures of the gun

Attached Files

#3 campingtomz

campingtomz
  • Interests:hello I am a computer engineering major at pennstate university. currently trying to form a airsoft club with the school. <br />I am interested in computers video games most electronic things.<br /><br />I enjoy working on airsoft guns. I have built 8 from the ground up. and fixed many others. <br />just finished fixing 12 king arm m203 grenades. <br />im a friendly guy just drop me a pm
  • SOA Name: campingtomz

Posted 30 March 2012 - 10:49 PM

Im pretty sure its a CA since it doesnt have G&G trades on the end of the upper receiver. you can also look at the motor cage if you take it apart. if it is screwed on then its a CA. if its just so really weird one then its G&G.
but other wise they are nearly identical. for my G&G ebr im getting SHS 18:1 gears, kwa motor(cause I have it laying around) shs piston(have it laying around) to pull a m150, your poly cylinder head should work fine with an m140, but I advice getting a sorbo pad to protect and correct the AOE. for the G&G (im 99% sure the CA is a G&G clone) the nozzle is longer then the TM spec the Aug nozzle fits perfectly though. this is the one im getting http://clandestineai...products_id=136
the CA gears should be strong enough for the m140 if you shim and correct or AOE they should last a while. idk how the CA piston head is, but my G&G one is trash, im getting a lonex POM piston head.
if your going for range with you gun I advice getting a good TBB promy or madbul would work fine. you can get a 6.01, but a 6.03 will work just as well. if your new to airsoft I HIGHLY recommend researching the R-hopup magical super mod of amazingness...
idk about CA motors soo I would do some research to see if it can pull a m140. (I kinda doubt it) if not a lonex high torque would be perfect for you.
and lastly research into mosfets if your going to use a lipo battery.
I shall call him HERP DE DERP

The most fun you can have with Shenanigans

[airborne101] 8:52 pm: 2 strong Jack and cocks and AB101s feelin gooooooodddddd
[campingtomz] 8:52 pm: umm cocks airborn?
[airborne101] 8:53 pm: ???   
 [airborne101] 8:53 pm: ....oh #$%^&*
[campingtomz] 8:53 pm: im dieing lol
[airborne101] 8:54 pm: I typed cock, not coke

I got starfolder to beg, a wonderful day
[1:33:51 PM] starfolder : PLEASE, PLEASE, FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THINGS, TELL ME HOW TO FIX IT!

#4 airborne101

airborne101

If you have a problem, and no one else can help...

• Forum Administrator
  • 10,691 posts

• My Temperament:Melancholy

Posted 30 March 2012 - 11:21 PM

Externally, that is a CA. They have the Springfield trades. G&G's don't. You would have to double check the internals to make sure that it is 100% CA though.

Campingtomz nailed it though. Defiantly pay attention to that. One thing to keep in mind though, CA motors are crap. You won't be pulling a M140 spring very easily on that motor. You should pick up a high torque motor to better pull a M140 spring. The rest of the internals should hold up to it, provided you do proper shimming, AoE, and all that jazz.

To attach a suppressor to it, remove the castle nut on the flash hider. Once you do that, you will have access to the threads. Pay attention to them though. We took the flash hider off my buddies G&G M14 and they were defiantly not the standard 14mm threads. They were bigger and spaced farther apart. Consequently we could not attach a suppressor.

#5 Embarrass

Embarrass

Posted 30 March 2012 - 11:37 PM

QUOTE (airborne101 @ Mar 30 2012, 09:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Externally, that is a CA. They have the Springfield trades. G&G's don't. You would have to double check the internals to make sure that it is 100% CA though.

Campingtomz nailed it though. Defiantly pay attention to that. One thing to keep in mind though, CA motors are crap. You won't be pulling a M140 spring very easily on that motor. You should pick up a high torque motor to better pull a M140 spring. The rest of the internals should hold up to it, provided you do proper shimming, AoE, and all that jazz.

To attach a suppressor to it, remove the castle nut on the flash hider. Once you do that, you will have access to the threads. Pay attention to them though. We took the flash hider off my buddies G&G M14 and they were defiantly not the standard 14mm threads. They were bigger and spaced farther apart. Consequently we could not attach a suppressor.

so CA m14 already has threads? does anyone know if it has rails that come with it because mine arrives on april 4 (bought second hand). Also how would I go about getting a bipod on there? do I need rails or is there a bipod for m14's?

QUOTE (campingtomz @ Mar 30 2012, 08:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Im pretty sure its a CA since it doesnt have G&G trades on the end of the upper receiver. you can also look at the motor cage if you take it apart. if it is screwed on then its a CA. if its just so really weird one then its G&G.
but other wise they are nearly identical. for my G&G ebr im getting SHS 18:1 gears, kwa motor(cause I have it laying around) shs piston(have it laying around) to pull a m150, your poly cylinder head should work fine with an m140, but I advice getting a sorbo pad to protect and correct the AOE. for the G&G (im 99% sure the CA is a G&G clone) the nozzle is longer then the TM spec the Aug nozzle fits perfectly though. this is the one im getting http://clandestineai...products_id=136
the CA gears should be strong enough for the m140 if you shim and correct or AOE they should last a while. idk how the CA piston head is, but my G&G one is trash, im getting a lonex POM piston head.
if your going for range with you gun I advice getting a good TBB promy or madbul would work fine. you can get a 6.01, but a 6.03 will work just as well. if your new to airsoft I HIGHLY recommend researching the R-hopup magical super mod of amazingness...
idk about CA motors soo I would do some research to see if it can pull a m140. (I kinda doubt it) if not a lonex high torque would be perfect for you.
and lastly research into mosfets if your going to use a lipo battery.

I am a Newbie at airsoft internals. can you explain what I should get? sorry. I was thinking about just grabbing another motor and piston. whats an aoe? and what is a tbb promy? I think I'll be alright on the mosfets. will the 9.6v have a good enough trigger response or should I run a 7.4 lipo.

Edited by Embarrass, 31 March 2012 - 10:39 AM.

#6 Embarrass

Embarrass

Posted 31 March 2012 - 12:49 PM

Upgrade list: Guarder SP150 spring, Systema Bushings and Shims, Masamune 6.01mm tightbore barrel, Guarder infinite torque motor, system super core piston, systema super torque up ratio gears set, systema metal hop up bucking, lonex nozzle, and systema area 1000 metal spring guide. are these internals good to last with the sp150 spring? Any suggestions to good budget parts that will work well are greatly appreciated.

#7 airborne101

airborne101

• Forum Administrator
  • 10,691 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 01:31 PM

Ditch the 6.01 for either a Prometheus or Madbull barrel. I would say 6.03, but if you want 6.01, you can do that too.

The motor is an ok choice. I believe it is a neo magnet motor. You could get an Element short high torque from Major9 for pretty cheap and those are pretty good.

The piston is overpriced and not as great as they are made out to be, especially for the price. Go with a $6-10 SHS piston, or one of the Lonex pistons.

Skip the Systema gears. They are crap and over priced. Either get some SHS gears, or splurge for the RiotSC Balanced set. Either way, you do not need torque up gears. The motor will handle it just fine.

The Systema bucking is fine, however you might want to look into the R-hop. If you go with the R-hop, the Systema bucking won't be needed as the stock bucking will be fine.

#8 campingtomz

campingtomz
  • Interests:hello I am a computer engineering major at pennstate university. currently trying to form a airsoft club with the school. <br />I am interested in computers video games most electronic things.<br /><br />I enjoy working on airsoft guns. I have built 8 from the ground up. and fixed many others. <br />just finished fixing 12 king arm m203 grenades. <br />im a friendly guy just drop me a pm

Posted 31 March 2012 - 01:49 PM

here is the parts list that would be cheapest/ best for you.
also for AOE search the forums you may be a new person to the sport but you still need to do research do you know whats best for your gun
motors in list of which I would choice:
JG blue m42(I think thats the right number)
Lonex high torque
http://clandestineai...products_id=154
element high torque
http://www.major9labs.com/motors.html
or SHS HT the shs is great or the price.. but are energy hogs and heat up fast
http://clandestineai...;products_id=37

piston you should get:
cheapest is the SHS poly one tooth. they should hold up in your gun as long as you correct your shimming and AOE
http://clandestineai...p;products_id=5
or look here
http://www.major9lab...m/pistons1.html
any of the SHS pistons would work fine just some require some modification,
I am personaly getting the lonex piston
http://clandestineai...products_id=150
for the r-hopup just look here
http://clandestineai...a...&cPath=1_12
also do your research on it as well this way you can in stall it your self
there is a guy on here call scatterplot.. he sells sorbo pads cheaply too. he can get you want you need there.

if you have to replace your gears. and eventually you will its just the way mechanics work here
http://www.major9lab...m/gearsets.html
here you can get shims
http://clandestineai...mp;cPath=1_6_26
thats all the advice I can give, enjoy your gun

Edited by campingtomz, 31 March 2012 - 01:55 PM.

[1:33:51 PM] starfolder : PLEASE, PLEASE, FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THINGS, TELL ME HOW TO FIX IT!

#9 Embarrass

Embarrass

Posted 31 March 2012 - 02:11 PM

QUOTE (airborne101 @ Mar 31 2012, 11:31 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ditch the 6.01 for either a Prometheus or Madbull barrel. I would say 6.03, but if you want 6.01, you can do that too.

The motor is an ok choice. I believe it is a neo magnet motor. You could get an Element short high torque from Major9 for pretty cheap and those are pretty good.

The piston is overpriced and not as great as they are made out to be, especially for the price. Go with a $6-10 SHS piston, or one of the Lonex pistons.

Skip the Systema gears. They are crap and over priced. Either get some SHS gears, or splurge for the RiotSC Balanced set. Either way, you do not need torque up gears. The motor will handle it just fine.

The Systema bucking is fine, however you might want to look into the R-hop. If you go with the R-hop, the Systema bucking won't be needed as the stock bucking will be fine.

Know any where I can grab some riotsc gears or will the shs gears do the job? also do you know a tightbore barrel (preferably 6.01) that will fit in the ca m14?

Edited by Embarrass, 31 March 2012 - 02:18 PM.

#10 campingtomz

campingtomz

Posted 31 March 2012 - 02:41 PM

QUOTE (Embarrass @ Mar 31 2012, 03:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Know any where I can grab some riotsc gears or will the shs gears do the job? also do you know a tightbore barrel (preferably 6.01) that will fit in the ca m14?

riot gears go for around 100 -120. you can get them but in all honesty they are really meant for players that push their guns to the extrema, or what a gun to live longer then them selves. shs gears will work fine for you. although if you want to go riot thats your choice.. I have a set in my m170 sl8, and unless I do something dumb I doubt they will break. also why do you want a 6.01? the increase in performance will be unnoticeable usually. your better off investing in to a Rhopup installation with a Prometheus 6.03, but then again its your gun its your choice I could care less. as for length. you want a 480-490mm barrel, I have a 509 in my G&G and it pushes about an inch or so out of the barrel into the flash hider.

#11 Embarrass

Embarrass

Posted 31 March 2012 - 02:49 PM

QUOTE (campingtomz @ Mar 31 2012, 12:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
riot gears go for around 100 -120. you can get them but in all honesty they are really meant for players that push their guns to the extrema, or what a gun to live longer then them selves. shs gears will work fine for you. although if you want to go riot thats your choice.. I have a set in my m170 sl8, and unless I do something dumb I doubt they will break. also why do you want a 6.01? the increase in performance will be unnoticeable usually. your better off investing in to a Rhopup installation with a Prometheus 6.03, but then again its your gun its your choice I could care less. as for length. you want a 480-490mm barrel, I have a 509 in my G&G and it pushes about an inch or so out of the barrel into the flash hider.

6.01 has noticably better bushing and this is going to be my dmr so, yeah. I think I'll grab a 509mm what brand do you have? Good luck on your G&G M14 build. BTw which shs gears should I get? I'm looking at these right now but idk if there good: http://airsoft-club....ver-2-3-100-300 . Thanks.

Edited by Embarrass, 31 March 2012 - 02:52 PM.

#12 airborne101

airborne101

• Forum Administrator
  • 10,691 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 03:02 PM

QUOTE (Embarrass @ Mar 31 2012, 02:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
6.01 has noticably better bushing

Can you clarify that statement?

#13 campingtomz

campingtomz

Posted 31 March 2012 - 03:11 PM

I lol'ed, barrels don't have brushing, do you mean the Bore? they have a tighter bore, but with the BBs used in the sport it wont effect anything unless you a sniper going for ever bit of accuracy you can get out of your gun. even then.
as for those gears you listed, tests have been done and there is really no evidence (at lest in the threads ive read) that support the low noise advertisement. also helical gears are more difficult to shim and you wouldnt need that ration. a standard 18:1 will work fine. with the neo magnets that companies now provide, torque up gears and the such arent as useful as they use to be. now if your going with a m190 or sp210 then yeah they could be be helpful.
but like ive said do what ever you want its your gun so meh what ever .

#14 Embarrass

Embarrass

Posted 31 March 2012 - 04:41 PM

QUOTE (airborne101 @ Mar 31 2012, 01:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Can you clarify that statement?

lol sorry I meant that they had better grouping when shooting.

#15 airborne101

airborne101

• Forum Administrator
  • 10,691 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 05:25 PM

The proof isn't conclusive that tighter bore means tighter grouping. Remember, while we are using a smooth bore, we can't apply the same theories to airsoft as we do with muskets. Tighter and longer do not necessarily mean better. In fact testing and experiences show that it is really beneficial to leave a gap between the barrel and bb(right around 0.08mm) as well as a ~455 is about the longest you should really go. For the majority of bbs out there, they are 5.97mm, so a 6.03mm barrel leaves the gap that we have found to be optimal for accuracy and range.

There haven't been conclusive test of this, but that is what they general trends and consensus show.

#16 Embarrass

Embarrass

Posted 31 March 2012 - 05:42 PM

QUOTE (airborne101 @ Mar 31 2012, 03:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The proof isn't conclusive that tighter bore means tighter grouping. Remember, while we are using a smooth bore, we can't apply the same theories to airsoft as we do with muskets. Tighter and longer do not necessarily mean better. In fact testing and experiences show that it is really beneficial to leave a gap between the barrel and bb(right around 0.08mm) as well as a ~455 is about the longest you should really go. For the majority of bbs out there, they are 5.97mm, so a 6.03mm barrel leaves the gap that we have found to be optimal for accuracy and range.

There haven't been conclusive test of this, but that is what they general trends and consensus show.

Maybe I'll grab a 6.03, but do you guys know if I should be using .3 gram bbs for this build? will it be more accurate? will it affect fps by alot? what gram bb do you recommend? also will these gears work will the CA M14 http://www.get-reloa...gear-p-771.html /http://www.airsoftatlanta.com/SHS_Steel_AEG_Gear_Set_M14_CL6010_p/32512.htm it say that they are flat gear and work in the tm m14 and cyma m14. but will they work in the CA M14?

#17 airborne101

airborne101

• Forum Administrator
  • 10,691 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 07:20 PM

Those gears wont work. The G&G/CA M14 uses V2/V3 gears. You want these: http://www.get-reloa...-181-p-768.html
I know they say speed up, but they are 18:1 ratio which is what stock guns come with. You don't' need high torque when using a neo magnet motor.

The SP150 will put out in the neighborhood of 500fps with .20g bbs. You would be using .36, .40, or .43g bbs at that power. The velocity will drop, but the energy remains the same. Since they are heavier bbs, they will go farther because they hold their momentum better.

#18 Embarrass

Embarrass

Posted 31 March 2012 - 07:25 PM

QUOTE (airborne101 @ Mar 31 2012, 05:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Those gears wont work. The G&G/CA M14 uses V2/V3 gears. You want these: http://www.get-reloa...-181-p-768.html
I know they say speed up, but they are 18:1 ratio which is what stock guns come with. You don't' need high torque when using a neo magnet motor.

The SP150 will put out in the neighborhood of 500fps with .20g bbs. You would be using .36, .40, or .43g bbs at that power. The velocity will drop, but the energy remains the same. Since they are heavier bbs, they will go farther because they hold their momentum better.

What will the fps be with .36's and how much range will I get out on the field?

#19 airborne101

airborne101

• Forum Administrator
  • 10,691 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 07:34 PM

Assuming the spring puts out 500fps with .20g bbs, the velocity with .36g will be 372fps. With .43g it will be 341fps. Why are you so worried about the velocity?

Range will depends a lot on your hop up. With a typical hop up bucking I would say around 250 or so feet of range. With a R-hop, I would say in the 300+ range.

#20 Embarrass

Embarrass

Posted 31 March 2012 - 07:44 PM

QUOTE (airborne101 @ Mar 31 2012, 05:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Assuming the spring puts out 500fps with .20g bbs, the velocity with .36g will be 372fps. With .43g it will be 341fps. Why are you so worried about the velocity?

Range will depends a lot on your hop up. With a typical hop up bucking I would say around 250 or so feet of range. With a R-hop, I would say in the 300+ range.

I know fps is a Newbie thing to worry about, but I always think that with a heavier bb I will limit the range of the gun. this is my first dmr build and I want it to be efficient and last(will this build last or have constant replacing?). what willl range be with a systema bucking because idk what a r hop is.

#21 campingtomz

campingtomz

Posted 31 March 2012 - 08:04 PM

the systema buckling will get you in the ball park of 200-250, the r-hopup is a innovation hunterseeker developed that has proven to be a very good mod for airsoft guns. you want a heavier bb for the main reason it will be more accurate then using a lighter BB. also if you play in the woods youll have things like brush and other things in your way. a heavier bb will have a better chance of staying on target then a lighter one and with a DMR you want accuracy over range anyday. its great your gun can send a BB 300ft but if you cant hit anything its pointless. your first DMR will have problems "shurgs" its the nature of the beast so to say. youll do something wrong and something will break or not work right. after a few attempts youll work out the problems and get it working. you need to look into what the Rhop up is.. I don't feel like explaining it honestly . the things for a "DMR" you want a near perfect airseal, constancy and accuracy. these things you can research on the forum and figure out for your self. if we tell you everything then you wont learn anything and when you gun fails youll be stuck and unable to figure out whats wrong.
with my m150 I use .3s (as I have 8000 of them ) when I run out of those im going to .35s and my m170 I use .4s-.42s depending what I can find in stock

#22 Embarrass

Embarrass

Posted 31 March 2012 - 08:10 PM

QUOTE (campingtomz @ Mar 31 2012, 06:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
the systema buckling will get you in the ball park of 200-250, the r-hopup is a innovation hunterseeker developed that has proven to be a very good mod for airsoft guns. you want a heavier bb for the main reason it will be more accurate then using a lighter BB. also if you play in the woods youll have things like brush and other things in your way. a heavier bb will have a better chance of staying on target then a lighter one and with a DMR you want accuracy over range anyday. its great your gun can send a BB 300ft but if you cant hit anything its pointless. your first DMR will have problems "shurgs" its the nature of the beast so to say. youll do something wrong and something will break or not work right. after a few attempts youll work out the problems and get it working. you need to look into what the Rhop up is.. I don't feel like explaining it honestly . the things for a "DMR" you want a near perfect airseal, constancy and accuracy. these things you can research on the forum and figure out for your self. if we tell you everything then you wont learn anything and when you gun fails youll be stuck and unable to figure out whats wrong.
with my m150 I use .3s (as I have 8000 of them ) when I run out of those im going to .35s and my m170 I use .4s-.42s depending what I can find in stock

Alright thanks for your helps guys.

#23 airborne101

airborne101

• Forum Administrator
  • 10,691 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 08:11 PM

You would be surprised just how heavy of a bb you can shoot at a given fps. The winner of the 30m challenge in Japan used .36g bbs with a 1J gun.

That is 330fps with .20g bbs. Using .36g, that is 245fps. 30m is 100ft.

With your gun, .43g are going to go the farthest.

#24 Embarrass

Embarrass

Posted 31 March 2012 - 08:18 PM

do you guys know any cylinder head and piston head compatible with the ca m14? only one seems to be the g&G one for 50 dollars. would you recommend it?

Edited by Embarrass, 31 March 2012 - 08:20 PM.

#25 campingtomz

campingtomz

Posted 31 March 2012 - 10:47 PM

at your FPS the poly one you have should be fine.

#26 Embarrass

Embarrass

Posted 31 March 2012 - 11:16 PM

But will they have good enough compression?

#27 Embarrass

Embarrass

Posted 05 April 2012 - 04:31 PM

Hey guys the stock/ pistol grip thing broke on my m14 during shipping. any ideas on how to fix it.

#28 airborne101

airborne101

• Forum Administrator
  • 10,691 posts

Posted 05 April 2012 - 05:26 PM

You are going to need a new stock.

#29 Embarrass

Embarrass

Posted 06 April 2012 - 03:17 AM

QUOTE (airborne101 @ Apr 5 2012, 03:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You are going to need a new stock.

Any ideas on how to put it on. would epoxy glue help fix the current on?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users