to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share

Important Announcement!

Our Pinzgauer Project is in "Pre Launch" - Click Here to let us know what you think before the project goes live.

Photo
- - - - -

Maruzen M870 Questions

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 b240000

b240000
  • Interests:Depends on the weather.

• My Temperament:7-1-8-8

Posted 07 April 2012 - 09:25 PM

So I recently purchased a Maruzen M870. I've got a few questions about it though.

Mainly it's can it handle propane? I saw somewhere saying that you need to replace a hose somewhere, but it didn't say where or how exactly. I don't have duster and didn't plan on using it anyways...

Next is how do the shells hold up to abuse? The blue ones. Will they take the drops constantly without breaking?

Lastly, is there any way to extend the shell capacity? 4+1 is a little small.

Anything helps, thanks.
I'm always down for rice.
Wanted: KSC MK23 mags (2005ver.), TM style 1911A1/Detonics.45 GBB mags, MAG AUG midcaps, M16 lenth gas tube, TM tracer unit, and M870 Parts.

My Sale!

#2 Frosty23

Frosty23

Posted 08 April 2012 - 01:45 AM

I was seriously considering purchasing the gun for months, so I did research. If you want sources, I'll try and find them later for you, but what I say is what I remember.
Cannot handle propane stock, the gun is designed around duster gas. Do not unless you upgrade the system (Redwolf has an upgrade they do, but I'm not sure how much they replace.) The hose can reportedly be replaced with that found for aquarium use.
Shells hold up fine, the lips are made of brass and the shell body is a plastic. The main issue is with the pot metal extractor failing due to the interaction. There are a few ways to remedy it from placing o-rings around the end of each shell to modifying the bolt.
Shell capacity has been attempted by someone on Arnies. Look up one of the reviews on it. The relevant information should be there, but from what I recall, the tube magazine for a real shotgun did not work out well. May be worth asking Redwolf Airsoft where they get theirs, as they offer a 7+1 M870. Or, just pick your shots.

#3 alberty

alberty
  • Interests:( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

• My Temperament:( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

Posted 08 April 2012 - 02:56 AM

There's someone I know at TAA who regularly uses shell-ejecting Maruzen gas shotguns including some M870s and M1100s. I notice that he also has put o-rings around the base of the his shells. His shells go flying all the time, as he usually doesn't use a shell catch, and I haven't seen any of them break from hitting the hard floor.

Out of the box, you probably want to avoid propane and even green gas. The same guy I have just mentioned did mod his gun's reservoir for an external air rig though, allowing him to use a CO2 tank (but he might switch to a different type later) for better air efficiency and more power.

(This is my automatic signature content)

WTS: HSGI SureGrip belt, Polarstar APS UAR, UTG pistol light

#4 b240000

b240000
  • Interests:Depends on the weather.

• My Temperament:7-1-8-8

Posted 08 April 2012 - 11:13 AM

The stuff on Arnies helped a lot, but when people say the Maruzen can't handle the propane/gg what parts will fail exactly?

And I assume the o-rings should be tight on the shells so they don't come off, right?
I'm always down for rice.
Wanted: KSC MK23 mags (2005ver.), TM style 1911A1/Detonics.45 GBB mags, MAG AUG midcaps, M16 lenth gas tube, TM tracer unit, and M870 Parts.

My Sale!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users