to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share

Important Announcement!

Our Pinzgauer Project is in "Pre Launch" - Click Here to let us know what you think before the project goes live.

Photo
- - - - -

What weight oil to use for propane adapter

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 tacoandbeef

tacoandbeef

Posted 06 May 2012 - 04:09 PM

I want to know what weight is best to use would it be 10? 15? 25? I mean it seems to be everytime I search it I get different answers, some saying the spray are fine some saying spray are bad cuz its aerosol some say less weight some say thicker, can someone give me an answer, oh and would propane be alright for the kwa atp? metal slide and polymer frame. Also would duster gas work for indoors?

#2 NMUcat

NMUcat

Posted 15 June 2013 - 09:57 AM

I have no idea as I am new to the sport. I'm tag'n for future answers as I just got a G17 and an AR both GBB.

#3 Tomtortoise

Tomtortoise

• My Temperament:Sang/Chol

Posted 15 June 2013 - 10:59 AM

I use SRC brand 2.5 weight but anything from 5-10 is good. Its better to lube the seals directly than to add it to the tank. Duster gas works if you can get, hfc-134a (not too common). Hfc-152a is the more common duster but it will not really work with metal slides and you only get half a mag or less per fill.

I am pretty sure propane voids KWAs warranty, If you are fine with that use propane, just make sure you lube your seals after every game/day, propane dries them out quick.
"Lots of upgrade/spare parts available so it will virtually go out of service on you."
-WE M9s (Evike)
Goerick - Necropost Champion 2014
"Congratulations on NOT looking at the date of this thread's last post, Goerick! You're now the Necropost Champion of the year by resurrecting a topic from 9 YEARS AGO .My god..." -Demitri

#4 Amorton94

Amorton94

Posted 15 June 2013 - 10:30 PM

Your KWA warranty expires after 45days from purchase anyways, do that shouldn't be a big deal.

I've heard that you want lite oil. And FYI to all, green gas IS propane.
Want to buy replica crye multicam, the set with kneepads and elbow pads built in. Needed in medium long if possible, medium regular if not. Just PM me with what you have.

#5 Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3

• My Temperament:Sanguine

Posted 16 June 2013 - 03:59 PM

Do not run oil in the propane adapter. This is a MYTH in that it helps lube your GBB properly.

Putting oil in the gas line puts oil in which part of the GBB? All parts that the gas passes through. Blow back unit, hop-up packing and inside the barrel.

Oil does not "help" hop-up, nor does it help accuracy. You want a clean barrel and hop-up that puts a back spin on a bb and the last I looked...oil doesn't help this.

Maintain the GBB like you would a real pistol.

Use non-creeping oil on the rails. A light oil on the trigger group and hammer assembly...but do not oil the propane adapter.
I rather use a "nightmare" that shoots like a dream over something that looks like a "dream" but shoots like a nightmare.

Don't fear the gun...fear the one that's wielding it!

#6 ipscshooter

ipscshooter

Posted 12 April 2014 - 04:17 PM

QUOTE (Guges Mk3 @ Jun 16 2013, 03:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Do not run oil in the propane adapter. This is a MYTH in that it helps lube your GBB properly.

Putting oil in the gas line puts oil in which part of the GBB? All parts that the gas passes through. Blow back unit, hop-up packing and inside the barrel.

Oil does not "help" hop-up, nor does it help accuracy. You want a clean barrel and hop-up that puts a back spin on a bb and the last I looked...oil doesn't help this.

Maintain the GBB like you would a real pistol.

Use non-creeping oil on the rails. A light oil on the trigger group and hammer assembly...but do not oil the propane adapter.

On the you-tube videos that show how to use the propane bottles and adapters, they say and show using either spray or liquid Silicone inside the propane bottle itself. Is this correct?

#7 Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3

Posted 12 April 2014 - 05:21 PM

QUOTE (ipscshooter @ Apr 12 2014, 04:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
On the you-tube videos that show how to use the propane bottles and adapters, they say and show using either spray or liquid Silicone inside the propane bottle itself. Is this correct?

All wrong!

Those videos are made by idiots that do not know that the seals swell or degrade when you oil them under pressure....DO NOT OIL your gas!

I rather use a "nightmare" that shoots like a dream over something that looks like a "dream" but shoots like a nightmare.

#8 surfer

surfer

Posted 14 April 2014 - 10:29 PM

Adding oil to your adapter is fine, just use this: http://www.airsoftgi...oducts_id=16304

#9 Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3

Posted 15 April 2014 - 07:33 AM

QUOTE (surfer @ Apr 14 2014, 10:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Adding oil to your adapter is fine, just use this: http://www.airsoftgi...oducts_id=16304

No, it is not!

Just because it is synthetic does not mean it won't eat cheap seals.

Also do yo like bad accuracy and no hop-up?

Because as cited, put oil in the mag puts OIL in the GAS path. Where is that gas path?

Exit port on magazine > BBU to BBU Nozzle > BB > Hop-up packing > Barrel

Who oils bbs and packing??? No one if they want a good back spin on their bb.

Who oils a barrel? No one if they want a clean barrel.

Do Not Oil the Mags....

Answer this....do you lubricate the engine in a car by pouring oil in the gas tank?

#10 airborne101

airborne101

If you have a problem, and no one else can help...

• Forum Administrator
  • 10,661 posts

• My Temperament:Melancholy

Posted 15 April 2014 - 11:49 AM

Guges, while I agree that you don't want oil going through your "gas route" of the gun and get in the barrel/packing, how do you maintain the seals in the mag? Specifically I am talking about the seal at the flow valve, and inlet valves. I use a grease/gasket makers on the o-ring seal on the mag base, but I am not sure what to use on the valves. I recently came across a mag that has a leak in the flow valve and the seal looks rather dry.

#11 Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3

Posted 15 April 2014 - 12:39 PM

Take the valve out and "grease" them manually...however if those rings are drying out...those are some pretty low grade rings. Which gun is it for?

If the magazine is of any decent quality, you should never have to oil them.

When I ran KSC exclusively...my mags would never leak gas even after a couple years of use. But, some kid who bought his KSC new would start leaking by two months of use. The difference? I do not oil my mags...he did and also used cheap GG that had loads of unknowns in it and left this funny red oily film on his bbs...

Just repaired two TM 5-7 mags last sunday....there was a black sticky greasy film around the seals...yep...guy oiled his mags too. I cleaned off the film and resealed it with silicone sealant. No more leaks...

Edited by Guges Mk3, 15 April 2014 - 12:44 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users