to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share

Important Announcement!

Our Pinzgauer Project is in "Pre Launch" - Click Here to let us know what you think before the project goes live.

Photo
- - - - -

Best airsoft brands

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 razdds2

razdds2

Posted 12 June 2012 - 02:30 PM

I used to be in the loop two or three years ago when I played airsoft. But now there are more brands out there and I just do not know what is good.

Electric blow back AEGS are completely new to me, so that gives you a good view of what I missed the past 3 years.

Here is my question:

What are the best brands out there right now? Taking into account price, performance, looks, and reliability, what are the top 5 brands?

(also, is there a topic on this somewhere in the forum that states a review of each brand? have not been able to find it)

#2 jgm

jgm
  • Interests:AIRSOFT! Friends, music, sports of all kinds, parties, pretty much anything!

Posted 12 June 2012 - 03:44 PM

http://www.airsoftfo...ue-t216768.html
Thats the board your looking for.
My opinion for aegs not parts:
Tokyo marui
Kwa
G&G
G&P aka Magpul

Proudly building up the airsoft community in Tampa FL and the surrounding areas!

I love Tokyo Marui guns and magazines, I may be willing to take some Marui stuff off your hands, PM me!

#3 Epiphany

Epiphany
  • Interests:Airsoft<br />Selling<br />Airsoft Smith<br />
  • SOA Name: deathfinderxx

Posted 12 June 2012 - 04:42 PM

I say-
G&P
Tokio Mauri
King arms
G&G
JG

Kwa is just bleh..
Arsenal:
Custom KSC Taurus pt92
Primary:CA SR-25
Secondary:Kjw 1911 hicapa
I do professional tech work, for more information go here and read about me-
My tech facebook page
To give me feedback on sales and purchases please go here-
Feedback Page

#4 jgm

jgm
  • Interests:AIRSOFT! Friends, music, sports of all kinds, parties, pretty much anything!

Posted 12 June 2012 - 06:29 PM

KWA bleh? Possibly with aegs (due to propreitary parts) they aren't the best, but their GBBs are awesome.
I would've mentioned king arms but it didn't come to mind.
JG yeah good for the price, but put to shame next to the other brands I listed.

Edited by jgm, 13 June 2012 - 08:11 AM.

Proudly building up the airsoft community in Tampa FL and the surrounding areas!

I love Tokyo Marui guns and magazines, I may be willing to take some Marui stuff off your hands, PM me!

#5 razdds2

razdds2

Posted 13 June 2012 - 07:43 AM

Interesting, when I was around G&G and G&P were not considered in the top 5. What has changed to make them that way? And what about VFC?

#6 jgm

jgm

Posted 13 June 2012 - 08:14 AM

VFC had great externals and decent, but not great internals. G&P basically has similar externals with better internals.
G&G sportlines are amazing. For under $150 you have a 50,000 bb gearbox if maintained properly. G&Gs are juat great guns all around.

#7 airsoftmatthias

airsoftmatthias
  • Interests:Airsofting and Outdoor Sports
  • SOA Name: AirsoftMatthias

Posted 13 June 2012 - 10:41 AM

KWA has the best internals by far. Externals are quite good but not amazing.
G&P and VFC have fantastic externals and the internals are good.
G&G has good internals and externals. They make excellent AEGs for new players.
TM is always amazing, but in the US they shoot too low.

My soon-to-be Magpul-ed Systema PTW.

#8 alberty

alberty
  • Interests:( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

• My Temperament:( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

Posted 13 June 2012 - 10:55 AM

I don't think I can give rankings, but I can give some brief comments about some of those popular brands.

G&G, and the Combat Machines / GR-blowbacks-whatever, is popular because of the low price and high quality out of the box. You get an AEG that performs better than the clone AEGs in the same price range under $200-250.

VFC and G&P have always been known to have nice externals and decent internals. However, some people don't like certain G&P pistons/gears, possibly experiencing failures shortly, while others don't like VFC's self-shimming gears because it adds more parts, to possibly fail, in the gearbox. Other than that, good value of externals and internals for the money. I think the internal quality for G&Ps have improved over time?

KWA AEGs are supposed to be very good out of the box, lipo-ready and such. Basically, as a new player you can get one and you don't need to touch it. Techs will tell you that otherwise they don't really like the internals as much for working on them.

TM AEGs, still reputable. If you leave it stock and run an 8.4v battery you're good to go, probably never need to disassemble the gearbox it for any reason. The muzzle velocity seems low for non-Japan standards, but it's range performance and smoothness that will outshine other AEGs.

King Arms...a lot of new AEGs from recent years, and pretty good performance. Much better than the typical clone AEGs, and better externals too, usually full metal bodies and such. Underrated if you ask me!

(This is my automatic signature content)

WTS:  Polarstar APS UAR

#9 Lefse

Lefse

Posted 13 June 2012 - 11:31 AM

Hm, I see JG, but I don't see Cyma. Cyma have some pretty decent AEGs that are reasonably priced. A Cyma AK-47 is as good a beginner gun as a JG G36, if not better. Their gearboxes are decent, with a decent hop-up and barrel, but their motors are nothing impressive. They are good beginner guns and good base guns for upgrades imo.

#10 turtletech

turtletech

Posted 15 June 2012 - 09:50 PM

I can't exactly give a best for everything but I'd have to say that CYMA has really gotten to be pretty good for the price you pay. If you know how to install some parts, you can have a gun that far exceeds others at the field for a pretty low price. But then of course, you would have to put some cash into it for upgrades.

#11 TheJawn

TheJawn

Posted 17 June 2012 - 08:27 PM

In my mind the top tier of AEG brands has the most members. When picking a brand at random what's more important than getting a good brand is not getting a crap brand. This lower peasant class is, at the moment, populated by a single brand: APS/Javelin.

#12 Epiphany

Epiphany

Posted 18 June 2012 - 02:25 PM

cyma would be within with jg combined. KWA aegs are crap plane and simple. Their gbbs are great though. vfc would be right on the same lines as king arms. Kwa do not have the best external at all and have decent externals.

Edited by Epiphany, 18 June 2012 - 02:29 PM.

Arsenal:
Custom KSC Taurus pt92
My tech facebook page
Feedback Page

#13 airsoftmatthias

airsoftmatthias
  • Interests:Airsofting and Outdoor Sports
  • SOA Name: AirsoftMatthias

Posted 18 June 2012 - 02:32 PM

QUOTE (Epiphany @ Jun 18 2012, 01:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
KWA aegs are crap plane and simple. Their gbbs are great though.

Really? I've found their AEGs to be quite amazing. I have a stock KWA 2GX gearbox running at 400 FPS and 30 RPS and it is still going strong after 10,000+ rounds.

My soon-to-be Magpul-ed Systema PTW.

#14 Epiphany

Epiphany

Posted 18 June 2012 - 08:42 PM

QUOTE (airsoftmatthias @ Jun 18 2012, 02:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Really? I've found their AEGs to be quite amazing. I have a stock KWA 2GX gearbox running at 400 FPS and 30 RPS and it is still going strong after 10,000+ rounds.

Let me point out afew things.
10k~ isnt much thats 2 bags of bbs which locally thats 2 saturday plays.
Its stock.
You will find out soon your axels will break or your piston will strip.
You can even go to google and type in kwa 2gx break, kwa 2gx sucks. Many high techs don't use these for alot of reasons.
Arsenal:
Custom KSC Taurus pt92
My tech facebook page
Feedback Page

#15 diles46

diles46

Posted 23 June 2012 - 10:35 AM

I see a lot of TM and I agree.

Cyma's came aloooong ways since they entered the market, and JG has always been more "hit" than "miss" but still just another clone in the end. For the money, if I had to choose, JG is a safer way to go as far as performance/price/quality go

KWA AEG's... never tried one, because I've heard so much bad stuff about them... (see above)

Edited by diles46, 23 June 2012 - 10:36 AM.

#16 turtletech

turtletech

Posted 23 June 2012 - 02:18 PM

QUOTE (diles46 @ Jun 23 2012, 10:35 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I see a lot of TM and I agree.

Cyma's came aloooong ways since they entered the market, and JG has always been more "hit" than "miss" but still just another clone in the end. For the money, if I had to choose, JG is a safer way to go as far as performance/price/quality go

KWA AEG's... never tried one, because I've heard so much bad stuff about them... (see above)

Eh, as long as you stay away from the cheap junk, CYMA is a good way to go. I'd really suggest their M14 if you like to do longer range shots. Its pretty good for that, and easily affordable.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users