to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share

Important Announcement!

Our Pinzgauer Project is in "Pre Launch" - Click Here to let us know what you think before the project goes live.

Photo
- - - - -

VFC HK417 Mag compatability

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Justin@A.C.T.Airsoft

Justin@A.C.T.Airsoft

Posted 23 July 2012 - 11:59 AM

So I'm thinking about an HK 417 but mags are not on the market and when they do they will be expensive and bulky. MagPul makes 7.62 Pmags that are relatively cheap and slim and I heard the real HK takes them. the VFC SCAR H took them with some simple deremmel work but will this? I've looked it up and everyone asked before realase but even after no one seems to have tried it or figured it out. Has anyone here tried it or know if any existing mags fit it? Any feedback is appreciated.
A&K Masada with silencer, 6.01 tightbore, 4 pmag-20 50rd midcaps, and 3-9x scope
WE scar with diamond tactical eotech 551 replica
WE 1911 desert warrior(best gun I ever owned)

#2 verisimilitude

verisimilitude

Posted 23 July 2012 - 02:18 PM

The VFC HK417 mags are unique--they feed from a tube pretty much in the center of the top.
Some pics from the collection: Eight Different M16s and M4s & Ten Pistols

********************************************************************************
For an account of recent experiences with barrel nuts, receiver threads, front rails, and the different sizes of R.S., airsoft metric, and G&P imperial, see here: Barrel nuts and receiver threads

#3 No_6

No_6

Posted 26 August 2012 - 07:49 AM

The 20LR Pmags can be modified to fit (have a friend who did the mod). I just opted to buy 3 VFC mid-caps as the difference in price is minimal ($29.99 at airsoft GI before coupon code vs. $19.95 from ehobby-asia for the 140rd PTS Pmag--I know it seems like you're saving a lot of money until you get to shipping costs). If you're daring, you can modify the magwell to take SR25 magazines, but the operation is tricky and you can easily screw yourself, so I don't think I'd recommend that route unless you are supremely confident in your abilities.

p.s. just checked and the PTS Pmags are $26.99 at airsoftgi. So $3 is $3 I guess. Apparently all you have to do is dremel off a bit of the ridge on the back edge of the magazine and you're good to go.

Edited by No_6, 26 August 2012 - 07:54 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users