to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share

Important Announcement!

Our Pinzgauer Project is in "Pre Launch" - Click Here to let us know what you think before the project goes live.

Photo

Please Help! WE PDW Full auto not working ;__;

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Ketil100

Ketil100

Posted 23 July 2012 - 03:37 PM

Hi, I just got my we pdw today. I immediately noticed that the magazine had a little leak, but that isnt the reason why im here. the real problem is when I fire the gun. single firing is working perfectly but when it comes to full auto its not such a plesant experience. when I shoot full auto it only fires 1-2 bb's before it stops. even if I press the trigger multiple times it wont do a single thing. anyone else have had this problem, and if so did any of you guys have a fix for this? BTW im a totall gbb Newbie this is my first gbb rifle so don't expect me to know the name of every single part and such a-laugh.gif

and a few more questions for you guys :)
1: I ordered my we pdw from redwolf airsoft and I have heard from everyone and their mother that the we pdw comes with 2 magazines one pdw mag and one standard we m4 mag but when I got the package I only got the m4 mag. why is that? doesnt redwolf include the pdw mag? :(

2: ive heard form some guys on the internet that you should not :censored2: the gun when its on safe mode. is this true? cuz I thing I cocked the rifle on safe once before I shoot my first shot. but I do not remember that cocking the rifle on safe gave me any resistance so I don't think I broke anything

3: how do I know its the 3rd gen pdw? ive opened the pdw multiple times to just check if anything was broken in there and I have noticed that there is this little rubber plate at the end of the lower reciever. I do recall that someone told me that feature was for only the 3rd gen?

any help at all would be greatly appreciated a-grin.gif

sorry for my lack of grammar skills a-laugh.gif

#2 LaNdA

LaNdA
  • SOA Name: Hans611

Posted 24 July 2012 - 01:49 AM

Ok, it shoots a few times in full auto and then it stops? what exactly happens that you can't shoot again? does the hammer drop if you press the trigger?

I think the latest PDW's only come with the STANG mag. Call/ email red wolf just in case, nothing to loose.

Any WE gbbr that uses the M4 trigger box you need to :censored2: the gun (the hammer has to be back) before you can with the selector from semi to anything.

If you have moved the selector to anything other than SEMI when the hammer was uncocked, you might have messed up something, most likely in the sears (for full auto)

Its very easy to understand how the M4 trigger mechanism works... to check the full auto sear is working correctly:

just remove the upper and grab the lower, pull the hammer back, set to FULL, pull the trigger, the hammer will drop, WITHOUT releasing the trigger, :censored2: the hammer again, then push the sear forward. the hammer should drop. If not, the sear isn't catching the hammer... or not releasing..

Look for obstructions in the trigger mech, anything out of place?
KJW M4
WE 1911

#3 Ketil100

Ketil100

Posted 24 July 2012 - 04:08 AM

QUOTE (LaNdA @ Jul 24 2012, 01:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ok, it shoots a few times in full auto and then it stops? what exactly happens that you can't shoot again? does the hammer drop if you press the trigger?

I think the latest PDW's only come with the STANG mag. Call/ email red wolf just in case, nothing to loose.

Any WE gbbr that uses the M4 trigger box you need to :censored2: the gun (the hammer has to be back) before you can with the selector from semi to anything.

If you have moved the selector to anything other than SEMI when the hammer was uncocked, you might have messed up something, most likely in the sears (for full auto)

Its very easy to understand how the M4 trigger mechanism works... to check the full auto sear is working correctly:

just remove the upper and grab the lower, pull the hammer back, set to FULL, pull the trigger, the hammer will drop, WITHOUT releasing the trigger, :censored2: the hammer again, then push the sear forward. the hammer should drop. If not, the sear isn't catching the hammer... or not releasing..

Look for obstructions in the trigger mech, anything out of place?

ok I got to the "WITHOUT releasing the trigger, :censored2: the hammer again, then push the sear forward" but what part of the gun is the sear? pictures maybe? a-confused.gif

#4 Ketil100

Ketil100

Posted 24 July 2012 - 04:27 AM

QUOTE (Ketil100 @ Jul 24 2012, 04:08 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ok I got to the "WITHOUT releasing the trigger, :censored2: the hammer again, then push the sear forward" but what part of the gun is the sear? pictures maybe? a-confused.gif

k I think I get it now, I found this video.m4 trigger mechanism but I still don't want to disassemble my gun completely since im a Newbie and don't wanna break everything a-laugh.gif

Edited by Ketil100, 24 July 2012 - 04:28 AM.

#5 Ketil100

Ketil100

Posted 24 July 2012 - 05:12 AM

QUOTE (Ketil100 @ Jul 24 2012, 04:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
k I think I get it now, I found this video.m4 trigger mechanism but I still don't want to disassemble my gun completely since im a Newbie and don't wanna break everything a-laugh.gif

UPDATE: I did notice the full auto sometimes work, but it is either really random or it is how I reload. I did a little test to see wich of the reloading methods work the best. NOTE: I don't KNOW IT THE RESULTS ON THIS TEST ARE COMPLETELY RANDOM OR NOT. I DID ONLY GO THROUGH THIS TEST ONCE SO ITS NOT 100% ACCURATE

firing pin is up / mag is inserted first then the gun is cocked/ gun first on semi then switched to auto = full auto works but only in the first 5-7 rounds
firing pin is up / mag is inserted first then the gun is cocked/ gun is first set on auto = full auto works but I don't know if that will last very long......
firing pin is down/ mag is inserted first then the gun is cocked/ gun first on auto = it fires in semi?
firing pin down / mag is inserted first then the gun is cocked/ gun first on semi then switched to auto = only one shot fired then it stops working
firning pin down / gun uses bolt catch when mag is inserted/ gun first on auto = full auto works but it randomly stops
firing pin down / gun uses bolt catch when mag is inserted / gun first set to semi then switched to auto = full auto works but I don't know if that will last very long....

(What I mean with "firing pin down" is that the gun has been cocked basicly)

#6 Ketil100

Ketil100

Posted 24 July 2012 - 06:02 AM

UPDATE: I tried shooting full auto again and it stoped after the first shot as usual. then I opened the gun again to see if something was getting stuck or anything then I noticed that the hammer/ firing pin is stuck under this metal piece?
Attached File  IMG_0973.JPG   184.96KB   27 downloads

after it gets stuck down there, the trigger wont work. if I switch to semi the metal piece moves out of the way and the hammer/firing pin is free to move around. is this piece supposed to block the hammer is some way??

#7 LaNdA

LaNdA

Posted 24 July 2012 - 12:42 PM

The firing pin would be what the hammer hits, the silver stick that pops into the magwell, hitting the mag's output valve.

The "thing" that is "causing" the hammer to get stock is completely normal, THAT is the sear. on AUTO, the sear catches the hammer and releases it (as long as the trigger is pulled) when the bolt goes to battery.

What happens is the bolt goes all the way forward (to battery) and "trips" the sear (by pushing it forward), releasing the hammer, and cycling the gun.. when the cycle is done and returns to battery, trips the hammer, and it continuous.

If you release the trigger, the sear would release the hammer (like any cycle on AUTO) BUT the trigger will catch the hammer before it travels much. when you press the trigger again, the trigger will drop the hammer this time, not the sear. Once a cycle is completed, the sear will catch the hammer again and so forth.

Note, tarts for full auto. For semi, the trigger catches the hammer every cycle. To understand this :censored2: the hammer, and the move around the selector. You will see the sear move into position (when on AUTO) to catch the hammer.

GBBR's work exactly as the real steel they replicate. Now, do the test I told you again and see if the sear is working properly. Maybe it was assembled incorrectly, or like I thing you broken something when moving the selector when the hammer wasn't cocked.

AGAIN, don't move the selector unless the hammer is cocked. When its uncocked, leave it un SEMI. Here is the test:

"just remove the upper and grab the lower, pull the hammer back, set to FULL, pull the trigger, the hammer will drop, WITHOUT releasing the trigger, :censored2: the hammer again, then push the sear forward. the hammer should drop. If not, the sear isn't catching the hammer... or not releasing.."

You can also :censored2: the gun, set it to FULL, :censored2: it again, and then back to semi. When you set it back to semi you should hear a click. That would be the sear releasing the hammer and the trigger catching in.

Please take a moment to really take in this info, its a lot to process, specially if you have never touched a GBBR before. Now, it seems your sear isn't working because when you opened the trigger box after those full auto lock ups you get, the sear hadn't released the hammer. But please do the test I showed you, all of them, multiple times, to confirm.

Edited by LaNdA, 24 July 2012 - 12:45 PM.

KJW M4
WE 1911

#8 Ketil100

Ketil100

Posted 24 July 2012 - 01:39 PM

QUOTE (LaNdA @ Jul 24 2012, 12:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If you release the trigger, the sear would release the hammer (like any cycle on AUTO) BUT the trigger will catch the hammer before it travels much. when you press the trigger again, the trigger will drop the hammer this time, not the sear. Once a cycle is completed, the sear will catch the hammer again and so forth.

"just remove the upper and grab the lower, pull the hammer back, set to FULL, pull the trigger, the hammer will drop, WITHOUT releasing the trigger, :censored2: the hammer again, then push the sear forward. the hammer should drop. If not, the sear isn't catching the hammer... or not releasing.."

You can also :censored2: the gun, set it to FULL, :censored2: it again, and then back to semi. When you set it back to semi you should hear a click. That would be the sear releasing the hammer and the trigger catching in.

ok, I have done the tests multiple times. on the first test, the sear DOES release the hammer when I push the sear forward.

on the second test I have the gun on semi, then :censored2: it, turn it to auto, :censored2: it again and turn it to semi, but I don't hear any like extra click, I only hear the normal tick you hear when moving the selector switch.
I opened the gun just to check. and I saw that the hammer never went into the sear even though I cocked the gun on auto.
But if I manually push the hammer into the sear and then turn the selector switch from auto to semi I hear the click you are talking about.

I noticed that when I shoot the rifle on auto untill it stops and then switch from auto to semi I hear the click, maybe that is where the problem lies? cuz wouldnt that mean that the sear is not releasing the hammer even though I release the trigger?

#9 LaNdA

LaNdA

Posted 24 July 2012 - 07:22 PM

QUOTE (Ketil100 @ Jul 24 2012, 02:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I noticed that when I shoot the rifle on auto untill it stops and then switch from auto to semi I hear the click, maybe that is where the problem lies? cuz wouldnt that mean that the sear is not releasing the hammer even though I release the trigger?

I don't understand this part... what I do see is the sear isn't catching the hammer sometimes, for some reason.

Do the same test (where you hold down on the trigger), but have the gun assembled (no mag obviously) and instead of you cocking the hammer manually, rack the bolt. This is how it should go about:

Rack the bolt, switch to auto, rack it again, pull the trigger and hold it while you rack one again. The hammer should drop the second after the bolt goes to battery.

I think your bolt isn't pushing down on the hammer enough that it gets caught by the sear sometimes, so that after a few shots in AUTO, where the sear has be catching the hammer and releasing it, it doesn't.

So even though you have the trigger pressed, the hammer doesn't drop, as the trigger caught it, like SEMI, and not the sear.

In essence it goes to SEMI firing mode, and you have to release and press the trigger again to keep on firing. Where it will most likely shoot full auto again for a few rounds until the hammer isn't caught by the sear again...

Edited by LaNdA, 24 July 2012 - 07:24 PM.

KJW M4
WE 1911

#10 Ketil100

Ketil100

Posted 25 July 2012 - 05:13 AM

QUOTE (LaNdA @ Jul 24 2012, 07:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't understand this part... what I do see is the sear isn't catching the hammer sometimes, for some reason.

Rack the bolt, switch to auto, rack it again, pull the trigger and hold it while you rack one again. The hammer should drop the second after the bolt goes to battery.

have done this many times now. and I have opened the gun after every test just to see if the hammer really has dropped. I rack the bolt, switch to auto, rack it again, hold the trigger down while I rack the bolt again and the hammer will drop..

Also I have asked some guys on other forums for a little extra help, and this one guy said he also had this kinda problem with his gun, so he told me to just quickly fire 3-5 shots on semi then switch over to auto. and it worked! I can now fire multiple bursts and also I can start on auto and shoot out the whole magazine without going through the "rapid fire semi" bit, so that deffinitely did something. but it probably still not a permanent fix. :)
Update: its not 100% reliable

Edited by Ketil100, 25 July 2012 - 07:06 AM.

#11 LaNdA

LaNdA

Posted 25 July 2012 - 10:51 AM

There is definitely something wrong. Maybe the gun is jus breaking in, but maybe not. I would look inside every so and make sure nothing is abnormally worn...

But really, you don't need auto in GBBR's.. I never use it.
KJW M4
WE 1911

#12 Ketil100

Ketil100

Posted 25 July 2012 - 02:05 PM

QUOTE (LaNdA @ Jul 25 2012, 10:51 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There is definitely something wrong. Maybe the gun is jus breaking in, but maybe not. I would look inside every so and make sure nothing is abnormally worn...

But really, you don't need auto in GBBR's.. I never use it.

I opened the gun just to look for worn out pieces but I did not take out the trigger grouping because I again is afraid to break something. and I saw that this piece is kinda loose, is that something I should worry about?
Attached File  we_pdw.jpg   248.13KB   32 downloads

#13 LaNdA

LaNdA

Posted 25 July 2012 - 11:39 PM

nope, its normal, it holds in place the rod that connects to the part 66 and ultimately resets the firing pin.
KJW M4
WE 1911

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users