to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share

Important Announcement!

Our Pinzgauer Project is in "Pre Launch" - Click Here to let us know what you think before the project goes live.

Photo
- - - - -

KWA M93R II Tightbore barrel, ( pics!)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mp5k

mp5k

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:04 AM

I have been trying for ages to upgrade the barrel on my KWA M93R II from a 6.05 to a 6.03 and maybe a little longer but no other Barrels I have seen over the last few weeks of searching are the same in regards to the the way the barrel is help inplace from turning( via the hop up unit) its looking to me like the barrel on the Kwa M93R is actually M93R specific!??.

On the KWA M93R there is a flat section a bit infront of where the Hop Up Bucking finishes ,that flat section is where the barrel is held inplace from turning / moving in or out via a small U shaped type bracket at the front/ left side of the hop up unit,I can not find another barrel with this flat section in that position!??.

You can see the flat part on the barrel and the little bracket that holds the barrel in this exploded pic of the Hop Up Unit and Barrel

#2 Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3

• My Temperament:Sanguine

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:43 AM

You not going to find a longer barrel. No one makes them.

You can find replacement stock length barrels in Hong Kong.

Otherwise, your going to need a Machinist to make you one from an AEG barrel, which is what I did. I had a few made in ~4.75" and you can have one if you want at my cost. $40.00

Otherwise you can use a SD 7" barrel for the Glock/FPG...those are even more expensive.

Edited by Guges Mk3, 11 October 2012 - 08:44 AM.

I rather use a "nightmare" that shoots like a dream over something that looks like a "dream" but shoots like a nightmare.

Don't fear the gun...fear the one that's wielding it!

#3 mp5k

mp5k

Posted 11 October 2012 - 09:50 AM

QUOTE (Guges Mk3 @ Oct 11 2012, 08:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You not going to find a longer barrel. No one makes them.

You can find replacement stock length barrels in Hong Kong.

Otherwise, your going to need a Machinist to make you one from an AEG barrel, which is what I did. I had a few made in ~4.75" and you can have one if you want at my cost. $40.00

Otherwise you can use a SD 7" barrel for the Glock/FPG...those are even more expensive.

I can not find stock length barrels anywhere. that are the same in the way the barrel is secured and in 6.03!?.

The stock KWA M93 inner barrel is 125mm long,it can take another 30mm before it sits flush with the very end of the plastic outer barrel I was looking at these but I don't know if they have that flat cut out thats needed to secure it like on the stock barrel http://shop.ehobbyas...-fpg-150mm.html

The SD ( shooters design) FPG barrel's ,Im almost positive will NOT fit either!?, the barrel is different again and ive looked at you tube clips of the hop up/barrel for the FPG and its not the same

http://shop.ehobbyas...sc-kwa-fpg.html

#4 Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3

• My Temperament:Sanguine

Posted 11 October 2012 - 11:25 AM

QUOTE (mp5k @ Oct 11 2012, 09:50 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I can not find stock length barrels anywhere. that are the same in the way the barrel is secured and in 6.03!?.

The stock KWA M93 inner barrel is 125mm long,it can take another 30mm before it sits flush with the very end of the plastic outer barrel I was looking at these but I don't know if they have that flat cut out thats needed to secure it like on the stock barrel http://shop.ehobbyas...-fpg-150mm.html

The SD ( shooters design) FPG barrel's ,Im almost positive will NOT fit either!?, the barrel is different again and ive looked at you tube clips of the hop up/barrel for the FPG and its not the same

http://shop.ehobbyas...sc-kwa-fpg.html

If the barrel is from the Legacy KSC Glock > System7/NS2.

It will fit.
I rather use a "nightmare" that shoots like a dream over something that looks like a "dream" but shoots like a nightmare.

Don't fear the gun...fear the one that's wielding it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users