to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share

Important Announcement!

Our Pinzgauer Project is in "Pre Launch" - Click Here to let us know what you think before the project goes live.

Photo
- - - - -

Airsoft-playing Girls?

• Please log in to reply
335 replies to this topic

Poll: Which gender are you (1261 member(s) have cast votes)

What do you think of girls playing airsoft?

1. There should be more (814 votes [64.55%])

Percentage of vote: 64.55%

2. Leave it to the men (93 votes [7.38%])

Percentage of vote: 7.38%

3. I don't care (354 votes [28.07%])

Percentage of vote: 28.07%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 airsoftgirl

airsoftgirl
  • Interests:airsoft, military, and music

Posted 13 November 2005 - 04:27 PM

some people said that they thought it was pretty cool that I play airsoft in my introductory topic. so I wanna see what the rest of you guys think.

EDIT
I messed up with the poll question, just ignore the top one. rolleyes.gif

Edited by airsoftgirl, 13 November 2005 - 04:29 PM.

#2 -=Bloodred=-

-=Bloodred=-
  • Interests:airsoft, music (metal and classic rock), computer gaming, computer graphic design, cars

Posted 13 November 2005 - 04:31 PM

I'd say we definitely need more girls in the sport, as long as they are the type of girl that doesn't freak out at the sight of blood or scream when they see a bug or something. Most girls I know seem not to care either way about airsoft, but there are one or two who think it's cool and have played with us on occasion.

Anyway, like I said, I'm all for more girls airsofting, as long as they don't hinder their teammates or anything like that (I would say that for both sexes... there are plenty of guys who are scared of getting shot).

#3 Arsonry

Arsonry
  • Interests:TM SG 550<br />TM Ak-47 (en route)<br />2 TM Boys M4<br />HFC Glock 17 (Busted)<br />HFC Walther P99 (Broken)<br />HFC Sig P229 (Doesn't work)<br />UHC Desert Eagle (out of service)<br />UHC USP (R.I.P.)<br />UHC MP5 SD3<br />KSC AKM<br /><br />Me and spring pistols don't mix very well it seems...

Posted 13 November 2005 - 04:33 PM

QUOTE (-=Bloodred=- @ Nov 13 2005, 09:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'd say we definitely need more girls in the sport, as long as they are the type of girl that doesn't freak out at the sight of blood or scream when they see a bug or something. Most girls I know seem not to care either way about airsoft, but there are one or two who think it's cool and have played with us on occasion.

Anyway, like I said, I'm all for more girls airsofting, as long as they don't hinder their teammates or anything like that (I would say that for both sexes... there are plenty of guys who are scared of getting shot).

that.
"A bullet always tells the truth."
"I would just like to let everyone know that I suck. And that I'm a girl, and I like ribbons in my hair, and I want to kiss all the boys."
-Grif

Please...vote here to have a guides section to post instructions on how to do various things with airsoft guns!!

#4 airsoftgirl

airsoftgirl

Posted 13 November 2005 - 04:35 PM

haha, yeah. I personally don't like bugs, but I don't scream when I see them. a-wink.gif

#5 Thefragile1342

Thefragile1342
  • Interests:Hiking, Backpacking, Playing Airsoft, Biking, Swimming, Boxing, playing music, logging in my Zombie log, and keeping a close eye on the local hospitals.

Posted 13 November 2005 - 04:46 PM

I also am all for girls playing airsoft. On my last large team our best sharpshooter was a girl. She had taste too, Custom UN Company Gas Powered M14, saved for months to pay for it. Man was she a good shot too. Anyway, I love seeing girls playing the sport since I know so many people who think Airsoft/Paintball is Gender Specific.

#6 yungunr2

yungunr2
  • Interests:airsoft, basketball, soccer and video games

Posted 13 November 2005 - 05:06 PM

So far everyone is all for girls playing airsoft YEA WELLL!!!!..uhh who im I kidding im all for it too a-grin.gif After all we need all kind of ppl to play girl or boy. As long as they don't act selfish and scream over a little bug or something stupid like that. But yea id like to see more girls play.

#7 Bushwhacked

Bushwhacked

Posted 13 November 2005 - 06:55 PM

As long as they aren't the girls that just advertise themselves with guns, like in paintball, I'm ok. That's why the femme fatale paintball team is really cool, it's all girls! Yay!

#8 airsoft360

airsoft360
  • Interests:Airsoft, Paintball, mountain biking, skateboarding, video games, chillin

Posted 15 November 2005 - 08:49 PM

girls palying airsoft would be cool. my sis. wanted to play and then she got scared cause it left a mark...???
WERD

#9 protegechris

protegechris

Posted 16 November 2005 - 12:04 AM

I dunno.. girls in their late teens would be okay. younger, and they're usually dimwitted bleh.gif
Sanyo 8.4v 1800mah Large Battery, no gun for it :P
UTG M87LA Full Stock, One Magazine/UHC USP, One Magazine
JT Elite Alpha Paintball Mask, Jagermeister Durag, Woodland Digital Camo, New:UTG 3-Point Sling
UHC USP and UHC M92, both broken with minimal usage.

#10 ╝Raptor╝

╝Raptor╝
  • Interests:Sports and a lot of airsofting :)

Posted 16 November 2005 - 12:18 AM

I honestly don't care if girls play. It is pretty cool that some do though. My friend's mom airsofts with us sometimes and she's actually pretty good. LMAO :) a-salute.gif
IPB Image

#11 protegechris

protegechris

Posted 16 November 2005 - 12:20 AM

QUOTE (╝Raptor╝ @ Nov 16 2005, 01:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I honestly don't care if girls play. It is pretty cool that some do though. My friend's mom airsofts with us sometimes and she's actually pretty good. LMAO :) a-salute.gif

At least you can probably beat her. My mother has weapons training, and, yeah, she owns me. :P
Sanyo 8.4v 1800mah Large Battery, no gun for it :P
UTG M87LA Full Stock, One Magazine/UHC USP, One Magazine
JT Elite Alpha Paintball Mask, Jagermeister Durag, Woodland Digital Camo, New:UTG 3-Point Sling
UHC USP and UHC M92, both broken with minimal usage.

#12 gaijinondisplay

gaijinondisplay
  • Interests:Wilderness travel &amp; survival, Aikido, Search and Rescue, Viticulture

Posted 16 November 2005 - 01:15 AM

There was some kind of study in the mid 90s among law enforcement officers that found female officers to be more accurate shots compared to their male counterparts something like 75% of the time.

When my best friend was at his academy training, there was a woman in his class who could hit a group of 5 shots in a quarter at (I think this is right) 75 yards (indoor). I'll check on the numbers.

Steadier hands?

My fiancee owns blackpowder rifles and did civil war reenactments as a teenager. Not exactly typical. :) She's been really supportive of my habit, and is looking at getting a cheaper MP5 (UTG?) to start playing with.

#13 Myst

Myst
  • Interests:Airsoft, Computers, Rioting in the streets

Posted 16 November 2005 - 03:10 PM

Pros and Cons:

Pros:
Different sexes makes the game equal
It provides diversity
Women think differently than men

Cons:
Can lead to distractions (losers who try to show off or be cool around women, you know who you are Agent Hunk)
Girls not following the rules can endanger themselves or others (seen it in paintball where a girl just took her mask off because she was freaking out)
I don't see girls having the same kill instinct as men

Overall, I don't find women arisofters attractive. I do not, however, mind if they play. I would rather not have one on my team, but all's fair in love and war.

#14 mokoto

mokoto
  • Interests:airsoft, anime, manga, swords, rammstein, techno, hardcore, breaks, and ambient (music genres)

Posted 16 November 2005 - 08:03 PM

I think there should be more! nothing like a hot chick with a gun (or replica)

but yeah, sports like this are kinda gender specific
IPB Image
a hearty woot to GWAG for making this kickass sig!
QUOTE(ZigZag @ Oct 3 2006, 08:19 PM) View Post

Looking down the sights of a DE is like looking down the back end of a cow.

#15 Uso_Aztec70

Uso_Aztec70
  • Interests:Football : I play Nose Guard for the Azusa High Football team, 6'0 - 270 lbs bench 310, 40 time is 5.2 seconds, still a junior &lt;-- just in case any of you have ties to college scouts (help meh out)<br /><br />Airsoft<br /><br />USC<br /><br />Food<br /><br />Music<br /><br />And of course, MMA - good way to relieve stress.

Posted 20 November 2005 - 01:44 AM

don't matter to me . . . as long as I can shoot ya Im ok.
R.I.P. Stanley "Tookie" Williams

to every1 crying like little babies - the sig stays unless an admin ask's for it to be removed.

#16 gaijinondisplay

gaijinondisplay
  • Interests:Wilderness travel &amp; survival, Aikido, Search and Rescue, Viticulture

Posted 21 November 2005 - 07:43 AM

QUOTE (mokoto @ Nov 17 2005, 09:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think there should be more! nothing like a hot chick with a gun (or replica)

but yeah, sports like this are kinda gender specific

Off topic -- Mokoto, gotta love Battle Royale. I find myself reading it at work, surrounded by Japanese junior high school students. Is that bad?

#17 Novalord2

Novalord2

How much wood does a woodchucker chuck if a woodchucker could...

• 1,419 posts

Posted 22 November 2005 - 02:24 AM

QUOTE (gaijinondisplay @ Nov 21 2005, 03:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Off topic -- Mokoto, gotta love Battle Royale. I find myself reading it at work, surrounded by Japanese junior high school students. Is that bad?

Oh yeah.....Never read the book, but I loved the movie.

#18 gaijinondisplay

gaijinondisplay

Posted 22 November 2005 - 03:24 AM

QUOTE (Novalord2 @ Nov 22 2005, 03:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh yeah.....Never read the book, but I loved the movie.

Never seen the movie -- I really should download it one of these days. If you haven't read the book -- DO IT! a-salute.gif

#19 Qmeister

Qmeister
  • Interests:Airsoft............. and well thats it. sad i know

Posted 28 November 2005 - 10:27 PM

QUOTE (protegechris @ Nov 16 2005, 12:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I dunno.. girls in their late teens would be okay. younger, and they're usually dimwitted bleh.gif

lol

QUOTE (protegechris @ Nov 16 2005, 12:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
At least you can probably beat her. My mother has weapons training, and, yeah, she owns me. :P

lmao

anyways I think its cool. Does anyone else find the idea of girls playing with guns attractive?
"The answer isn't less guns, it's more." -Denny Crane, Boston Legal
"...Are there any guns in here?" - Brad
"there are a lot of guns" -Denny Crane

#20 Sturmgewehr

Sturmgewehr
  • Interests:Music

Posted 29 November 2005 - 07:33 PM

QUOTE (gaijinondisplay @ Nov 21 2005, 06:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So that's how it works! My crazy junior high math teacher thought that the japanese had the best school system because the students had to figure it out themselves. I see why. a-laugh.gif Do the teachers in Japan even have to teach math? Here we use the method where the teacher scribbles on the board and nobody understands anything then there is a test and it's a real crapshoot but it works for me and if I get into a good college that's all I need.

Ummm . . . back on topic.

Airsoft-playing girls? Hmm. Nothing wrong with that. Doesn't really matter to me. If she is actually interested then it makes no difference to me. It might be more interesting- especially because it would significantly increase the number of people I currently have to play with- by more than 50%.
ASF Staff 2005-2008

/\Thanks to pirate for letting me corrupt his artwork

#21 Psycho Evangelion

Psycho Evangelion
  • Interests:airsoft, cars, computers

Posted 29 November 2005 - 08:29 PM

I don't really care. It's like girls playing cs, it's cool, but it's not exactly attractive either.
IPB Image
TM Tac Master [sold] | CA M24 - 480 fps [sold] | CA MP5A2 - 400 fps [sold]
Classic Army M15A4 SPC - Guarder Aluminum Piston Head, Guarder Polycarbonate Piston,
Guarder Air Seal Nozzle, Guarder Spring Guide, PDI 170% spring, KM TN Tightbore Barrel - 435 fps [sold]
Tokyo Marui Tac Master - G&G Full Metal Kit [sold] | Tanaka M24-SWS - 570 fps [sold] Cupertino, CA --> Davis, CA - Hearing is Believing
IPB Image

#22 Guest_CaptainPlastic_*

Guest_CaptainPlastic_*

Posted 02 December 2005 - 10:25 PM

All I see is BDUs and full face masks. Gender is unimportant and shouldent be a consideration in a skirmish.
a-salute.gif

#23 WeeGee

WeeGee

Posted 03 December 2005 - 09:20 PM

QUOTE (Qmeister @ Nov 29 2005, 02:27 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Does anyone else find the idea of girls playing with guns attractive?

I find that very attractive. I also find that saying so has the potential to get me shot. Not to mention shince I'm older than most people I play with I have to kinda watch it with stuff like that.
Bad grammar makes me [sic].
Never seek out malevolence as an explanation, when incompetence is far more likely.

#24 evil~eight

evil~eight

Posted 05 December 2005 - 01:22 AM

I'm all for more girls playing if its what they want to do. I don't think that they should play to fit in or to be dragged along by someone else, but if they are genuinely interested then thats great.

I personally hate sexism and generalisation. I'm a guy, but one time I get really pissed off is when people are sexist. I like to treat girls as women, and women as equals. It would make the field a more interesting place without changing the game.
Random guns: P90 SAW Car15a2 Desert Eagles Benelli 93R
>>>>>>Coming soon: MSG90a1 DMR / MP7a1 pics<<<<<<
~I'm a decent airsmith~ PM me for any kind of technical help

#25 ERmdPlsX4

ERmdPlsX4

Posted 06 December 2005 - 08:39 PM

The way I see it, girls are at the extremes of our sport. Back in the days of spring pistol plinking, one of the best and most reliable players on my team along with MrFigo was a girl. Some of her friends played, and some were extremely cool and gung-ho about it, and others just plain didn't want to be there.

#26 Kurz

Kurz
  • Interests:I like the alchohol and the airsoft and the cuban cigars and teh budderflies en teh 1337 c0unt3r st1k3!!!

Posted 10 December 2005 - 01:07 AM

I used to know a guy who played field hockey with the girls in official tournaments. They made him wear a skirt like the rest of the girls so he could play. We used to think of him as such a pain.gif. He just brushed it off though. Perhaps girls in airsoft feel a similar way. Playing with $1000 replicas of guns with a bunch of sweaty men is just not normal girls behavior, lets face it. Regardless, they still play, and infact one of the other teams here in Romania land has a girl and she's pretty good I hear. Surprising since theres only 50-60 players in the country, only 7 of which at most who own AEGs at the moment.
"The queen commands and we'll obey
Over the Hills and far away."

Check out our new site in my info!!!

Posted 17 December 2005 - 12:05 PM

Where I play there are about 3 girls who play and they always call out but 2 of them don't really want to be there they are dragged there by their boy friends and the one is a wife of a player and she loves it has a p90 thats all custom and stuff. I mean I don't really care but yeah its just another tango. or team member

#28 nada987

nada987

Posted 17 December 2005 - 01:03 PM

I wish my girlfriend played... but no *sigh*, she just says that I'm weird, I think it's mostly the pain thing, she had some bad experiences prior to our relationship (involving airsoft that is). I don't understand why she puts so much stock in the slight pain though, I guess its the difference in motivation. We (guys) have grown up w/ this kinda stuff, nerf guns, fake pistols, G.I. Joe, so I think we're naturally more inclined to enjoy the sport, and in turn are willing to accept the pain for the game. For some girls (not all obviously) they're not naturally inclined to play, and that sceptisism coupled with the pain, can serve as a mighty deterrent.

Oh and... is this thread dead?

Edited by nada987, 17 December 2005 - 01:04 PM.

#29 airsoftgirl

airsoftgirl

Posted 17 December 2005 - 02:49 PM

QUOTE (nada987 @ Dec 17 2005, 12:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I guess its the difference in motivation. We (guys) have grown up w/ this kinda stuff, nerf guns, fake pistols, G.I. Joe, so I think we're naturally more inclined to enjoy the sport, and in turn are willing to accept the pain for the game.

haha, funny you mentioned that. I played with G.I. Joes and fake guns before airsoft a-laugh.gif

Edited by airsoftgirl, 17 December 2005 - 02:50 PM.

#30 Borb II

Borb II
  • Interests:Making dead people

Posted 18 December 2005 - 09:38 AM

More girls any place is a good thing. And if they are hot in addition to being good at the sport that's a really good thing. a-cool.gif
10 easy ways to get any girl to like you no matter what you do or look like.

Well ok not really but I used that stuff and women like me so hey maybe it will some how work for you as well.

#31 Guest_madcatjoe_*

Guest_madcatjoe_*

Posted 06 January 2006 - 01:32 PM

oh yeah
more, more. can never have enough women in anything
but seriously... why not? women are just as good as men in almost anything, and better in some things. women tend to have (from my knowledge)

less upper body strength
less mental endurance ( to blood, bugs, etc)
more dexterity
better eyesight

thats my 2 cents
-Joe

#32 Waaaghboss

Waaaghboss
  • Interests:Airsoft<br />Jousting<br />Computers<br />Antique automobiles<br />Building things (currently airsoft guns, but in the past- armour, swords, bronze statues, model cars and airplanes)

Posted 06 January 2006 - 04:20 PM

My wife plays airsoft.

Not because I make her- she actually wants to play. She didn't at first, but she decided to try it. Then she got hooked and made me buy her her own AEG.

Now she has a complete setup and wants some new bdu's for CQB and a sniper rifle... Looks like I may not be using my M700 much this summer if she likes it...

It is nice, but I do refuse to play against her. Sorry, I just can't shoot at my wife. Just something wrong with that.

Pretty cool though- when we play our callsigns are "Destro" and "Baroness".

:-)

~K
Shoot the bad guys. Oh wait, we're the bad guys...
COBRA Team Leader

check my profile for web address: AKA "DESTRO"

#33 Guest_CaptainPlastic_*

Guest_CaptainPlastic_*

Posted 07 January 2006 - 01:14 AM

QUOTE (madcatjoe @ Jan 7 2006, 02:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
less upper body strength
less mental endurance ( to blood, bugs, etc)
more dexterity
better eyesight

Less mental endurance to blood? Do the words 'once a month' mean anything to you?
a-salute.gif

#34 Guest_madcatjoe_*

Guest_madcatjoe_*

Posted 09 January 2006 - 02:15 PM

hahaha
thats funny
I guess that I mean other peoples blood
-Joe

#35 Guest_Leon Kennedy_*

Guest_Leon Kennedy_*

Posted 15 January 2006 - 10:43 PM

Or that means a miseducated youth.

#36 pants500

pants500
  • Interests:Airsoft, Martial Arts, Paintball, riding atvs, playing halo 2, my friends and my family.

Posted 15 January 2006 - 11:01 PM

QUOTE (Bushwhacked @ Nov 13 2005, 05:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As long as they aren't the girls that just advertise themselves with guns, like in paintball, I'm ok. That's why the femme fatale paintball team is really cool, it's all girls! Yay!

lol but girls+guns=hottt

especially when that girl is on your team giving you cover :)
haha jk, but on the same since its awesome that girls play and their definately should be more
"Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't."

QUOTE (nuclearfeet @ Jun 4 2006, 03:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"Either I'm going to spend my money on airsoft, or I'm going to spend it on drugs and hookers."

"Since when is the female body considered offensive?"

#37 Qmeister

Qmeister
  • Interests:Airsoft............. and well thats it. sad i know

Posted 15 January 2006 - 11:33 PM

QUOTE (CaptainPlastic @ Jan 7 2006, 01:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Less mental endurance to blood? Do the words 'once a month' mean anything to you?
a-salute.gif

lol

bout sexism. It's proven though, Girls cant take as much yelling/hurt/outdoorsyness as guys. But what guy in his sane mind would put a female friend through all that? Im all for it though, sorry for bad grammer.
"The answer isn't less guns, it's more." -Denny Crane, Boston Legal
"...Are there any guns in here?" - Brad
"there are a lot of guns" -Denny Crane

#38 MissQueen

MissQueen

Posted 16 January 2006 - 11:15 AM

even though im new to the sport both events I have played I was the only girl there and the guys were hella cool about it and actually loved to see a chick out there playing right along side with them
Removed, read policy. WizKid009

#39 Guest_madcatjoe_*

Guest_madcatjoe_*

Posted 17 January 2006 - 08:02 AM

see, we need some gals at my field. oh bollocks
-Joe

#40 m1a1thompson

m1a1thompson
  • Interests:Airsoft (obviously), hockey, lacrosse, football, and ska (if you know what that is) and punk music

Posted 17 January 2006 - 07:24 PM

There really is no reason why girls shouldn't participate in the sport of airsoft. Assuming they enjoy it and follow all of the safety requirements, I would love to see more female participation.
My philosophy: If you're going to go cheap, get a springer. If you're going to go for around $100-$150, get an MPEG or a GBB. $150-$200, better GBB and an extra mag or an MPEG with some accessories. $200+, look at a nice GBB, high-quality AEG, or a sniper rifle (if you are 100% positive you want to be a sniper). If you're going to look for a used gun and remain stock, take 90% of numbers above (Note: I do not suggest going with used weapons except for with the higher-priced items. Make sure you trust the person you're buying from).Is it good? *Borrowed from BattlePriest:
Help the newbies and their "which gun" threads. Tell them about their mistake and answer their question. The thread will be closed because the question has been answered.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users