to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share

Important Announcement!

Our Pinzgauer Project is in "Pre Launch" - Click Here to let us know what you think before the project goes live.

Photo

Classic Army Armalite M15a4

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#1 NGOB

NGOB

The New Guy on the Block isn't so new anymore...

• Forum Administrator
  • 6,855 posts
  • Interests:I love to drive and work on SAAB cars<br /><br />Alumni of the Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology **RANKED BEST HIGH SCHOOL IN THE US BY USNEWS**<br /><br />Undergraduate Industrial Systems Engineering at the Virginia Polytechnic Institute

Posted 01 December 2005 - 06:21 PM

-Classic Army's ArmaLite M15A4 Full Rifle Review-

M15A4 Specifications
Weight: 3.143 kg
Barrel Length: 510 mm
Stock Barrel Diameter: 6.08mm
Magazine Capacity: 300 pellets
Ammunition Caliber: 6mm
Stock Velocity: 85-95m/sec
Battery Type: Large Type 8.4v-12v

Stores Purchased From
M15A4 Rifle: Airsplat
Ar-15 Rail: Airsplat
Leapers 1x40 Red/Green Dot Scope: Airsplat
0.25g Airsoft Elite Precision Grade BBs: Airsplat
Battery (3300mah 8.4v): batteryspace.com (Extremely low prices; highly recommend)
Universal Smart Charger: batteryspace.com

Introduction
The M15A4 Rifle was my first automatic electric airsoft gun. I was looking for a model that was rugged, reliable, performed well, and had great cosmetics. My first choice was Tokyo Marui’s Heckler and Koch G3 SG/1; its long barrel and larger magazine capacity was ideal for an assault/sniper. However, I questioned its durability, as it has a reputation for weak plastic. I then moved on to Tokyo Marui’s Heckler and Koch G36C and Classic Army’s Heckler and Koch G36C. Both looked nice and were unique. Unfortunately, they only accepted mini type batteries and had relatively short barrels. I then made a switch from Heckler and Koch’s weapons to Classic Army’s ArmaLite M15A4 Rifle. I chose the Classic Army M15A4 for its long barrel, pre-upgraded metal internals, durable metal body, excellent finishes and cosmetics and its ability to take a large type battery.

First Impressions
This was my first AEG, so I did not know what to expect. I had seen my cousin’s Tokyo Marui M733, but its appearance did not suit me. I ordered my M15A4 Rifle, 2 bags of Airsoft Elite .25g Precision Grade BBs, a scope mount and a Leaper’s 1x40 Red/Green Dot Scope from AirSplat.com for $382 after using a coupon (UPS 3-Day select delivery included). The AEG price itself was $295 after using a coupon. When the package arrived at my doorstep, I brought the long box in, noticing its enormous weight and size. Upon opening the box, I examined the contents for shipping damage. There were no burst BB bags; boxes did not seem to be severely damaged.
The M15A4 comes in a durable Styrofoam box with a cardboard top. There are not too many words to describe how I felt after opening the box. I saw a defined, high quality rifle in front of me. Picking it up, I noted its hefty weight and excellent realism. However, I pulled the charging T-handle and the handle slid right out without any tension. The spring had separated from the T-handle but this appeared to be the only defect with the mechanics. For some strange reason, I was shipped an M15A4 with a non-removable (fixed) carry handle. M15A4 Rifles should come with a detachable carry handle so accessories can be placed on the rail.
I was certainly excited about this new airsoft gun. I knew from the beginning I had made the right choice.

Box

Tour
The Stock
The full stock is not made of cheap material; it is composed of nylon and glass fibers that make it superior in build to Tokyo Marui. It has a fine texture as well. The stock is rock solid, with no hint of wobble or flex. On the end of the stock there a metal butt plate, which is textured as so to create a stable grip against the shoulder. A large type battery can be inserted into the stock via the battery compartment hatch. The wires and battery are a bit odd to fit. I found it is best to place the fuse on the top of the stock first behind the butt plate, then insert the battery underneath against the bottom of the stock so it has enough room. Replacement stocks can be found at a fair number of airsoft retailers for a fair price of around $50.

Stock

The Receiver

The receivers are made of metal and appear so realistic, it could possibly pass as a real-steel. Some small mold lines and faint smudges appear inside the carry handle and on the body, but for the most part, mold lines are hardly identifiable. Any flaws with cosmetics are unnoticed from a distance. Since the receiver is metal, there is no sign of any weakness whatsoever. My M15A4’s receivers were a lighter shade of jet black, though a hint of grey can be seen when placed in a light. There is no color disfiguration; the entire receiver is one solid color. Upon close examination, the finish has been painted onto the metal. Therefore, should the receiver become scratched or gouged, metal tones could be seen under the finish. I would recommend keeping the rifle from being bumped or scraped against objects. If the finish becomes damaged, a permanent marker can help decrease the scuff’s appearance. Replacement receivers can be found at most airsoft retailers for a high price of around $150.

Receiver

Trademarks
On the left side of the magazine well and above the left side trigger guard, crisp, white, laser etched trademarks can be seen. The white trademarks contrast with the black body and look better than regular etched trademarks without the white backing. The ArmaLite logo is clearly etched in. It is not a genuine Colt logo, but the clear ArmaLite logo certainly looks better than a burned Tokyo Marui Colt logo, which in the United States is illegal. The serial number is below the logo. The M15A4 Rifle series was assigned serial numbers first of the entire M15A4 series, so the numbers may be low to some owners. My particular serial number was 3291. On the right side of the magazine well, there are more laser etched, white-backed trademarks. The words "ArmaLite, inc" and "Geneseo, IL", "U.S.A." can be found. Above the trigger guard, the words "Classic Army" are etched in small text.

Trademarks (Left Receiver)

Trademarks (Left Magazine Well)

Edited by New Guy on the Block, 01 December 2005 - 07:00 PM.

#2 NGOB

NGOB

• Forum Administrator
  • 6,855 posts
  • Interests:I love to drive and work on SAAB cars<br /><br />Alumni of the Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology **RANKED BEST HIGH SCHOOL IN THE US BY USNEWS**<br /><br />Undergraduate Industrial Systems Engineering at the Virginia Polytechnic Institute

Posted 01 December 2005 - 06:48 PM

Grip
The grip is made of the same nylon/glass fibers as the stock. It is securely attached to the receiver and there is no sign of weakness. There are textured molds in the grip that allow for a secure grip. On the bottom of the grip are vents that allow the motor to release its sound. The grip’s end helps to decrease motor noise. The trigger is made of metal and is easy to pull. It is responsive and does not seem prone to break unless overly exerted strength is used. Replacement and/or upgraded grips can be found at a fair number of airsoft retailers for a fair price of around $40.

Grip

Bolt Cover

The bolt cover is made of aluminum and is held to the body with a small magnet. A spring allows the cover to slap open when the cover is engaged. Unlike Tokyo Marui, the cover has to be manually opened. The magnet allows for easy access to the hop-up without wearing away plastic nubs, found on Tokyo Marui models. Classic Army has slightly curved the bolt cover outwards as so you do not have to use a knife or other tools. I can even use a gloved hand to open the bolt cover. However, underneath the bolt cover is an ugly sheet of thin aluminum that is meant to attract the magnet of the bolt cover. It does not move, like the Tokyo Marui models and must be manually shifted. When the aluminum bolt is in your hands (separate from the body), it is extremely thin and can bend easily, so be careful when handling it. Replacement bolt covers are available at a limited number of airsoft retailers for a fair price of around $30.

Bolt Cover

T-Handle (Charging Handle)
When I took my gun out of the box and cocked the T-handle, the handle just flopped around. Later, upon disassembly, I found the T-handle and the spring was disconnected. I just looped the end of the spring onto the T-handle’s hook and the problem was fixed. The T-handle is another weak part of the gun. The spring is weak and much too long. As a result, the T-handle pulls too easily and does not return unless manually engaged. The t-handle itself is made of metal. The spring could be cut, but I am guessing that the spring is too weak and would stretch. I would get a harder spring and twist the ends so it can be looped onto the hook of the T-handle and the screw inside the receiver that holds it in place. Replacement T-handles can be found at a limited number of airsoft retailers for a decent price of/over $30.
Note: It is extremely important to open the T-handle BEFORE disassembly. The T-handle latch will break when the receivers are slid forward.

Charging Handle (T-handle)

Sights
The sights are of good quality and its components are made of metal. They are easily adjustable (horizontal wheel for up/down, vertical wheel for left/right) and require no tools. The rear sight can be flipped to a small circle or larger circle. The smaller circle is for precision firing, whereas the larger is for full auto. When the rear sight moves up, it is loose, but it will not fall off or make a large racket. The front sight is also made of metal. The vertical rod can be adjusted vertically with the included tool inside the box. However, the small newbie in front of the rod must be pushed down while adjusting or the plastic tool will be damaged. Replacement sights can be found at a fair number of airsoft retailers for a fair price with the purchase of a replacement carry handle of around $60. Replacement adjustment tools can be found at a rare number of airsoft retailers for a low price of around $5.

Rear Sight

Foregrip and Outer Barrel
This is another strength that Classic Army has made over Tokyo Marui. Tokyo Marui uses a two piece outer barrel design and is fastened with 6 screws. This leads to the infamous “barrel wobble” which affects accuracy and is a pain to fix. Classic Army uses a one piece metal outer barrel design that is connected to the receiver with a reinforced slip ring. “Barrel wobble” will never be an issue with this model. The barrel is rock solid and shows no sign of wobble whatsoever. The foregrip, like the grip and stock, is made of glass and nylon fibers. It is finely textured and provides an excellent grip. Replacement/upgraded handguards can be found at most airsoft retailers for a high price of around $110 upgraded (RAS/RIS). Replacement outer barrels can be found at a fair number of airsoft retailers for a decent price of around $50.

Foregrips

Magazine
The metal high capacity magazine that Classic Army provides comes standard with the M15A4 Rifle. It holds 300 rounds and is operated like any other high capacity magazine. Ammunition is poured into the hatch (I use a funnel to help direct the BBs) and the magazine must be wound frequently to force the BBs through the inlet. The winding wheel can be found at the bottom of the magazine. A distinct clicking sound can be heard one the winding is complete (it takes a while). Extended winding will not damage the mechanism. A small switch on the inlet allows for the BBs to pour out. The aluminum that the magazine is made of seems to be thinner than Tokyo Marui’s, but once the BBs are poured in, the weight is substantial. My paint on my magazine wears off easily, especially where the magazine meets contact with the magazine well. Also, the magazine is smaller than the magazine well and it rattles all over the place. I used two layers of electrical tape wound over part of the magazine. The tape allows the magazine to be tighter inside the well and stops all the rattling. The magazine has to be pushed in or pulled out though. The magazine can be removed with the magazine release button on the right side of the magazine well. Replacement/upgraded magazines can be found at most airsoft retailers for a decent price of around $30 high capacity or $20 low capacity.
Note: Should mis-feeding or double-shooting occur, which it may, spray silicon lube for 2 seconds into the magazine itself. Also, spray lube into the hop-up feeding inlet for 3 seconds. Finally, spray for 2 seconds down the barrel. These methods should help to reduce/eliminate mis-feeds and double-feeds.

High-Capacity 300rd Magazine (Side)

Selector Switch
The selector switch is made of metal. It clicks into place at any of the three settings (safe, semi-automatic, fully automatic) and usually stays there. However, there is some slight movement when the selector switch is on a setting, but it is not problematic. I believe it can be tightened if it becomes loose. Replacement selector switches can be found at a limited number of airsoft retailers for a low price of around $20.

Selector Switch

Hop-up Chamber
The stock hop-up chamber that Classic Army provides is quite durable. Its metal construction will never allow it to bend/break/snap. The wheels and other components of the chamber are plastic. Turning the adjustment wheel clockwise increases hop-up, while turning it counter-clockwise decreases it. I found the optimal hop-up setting to maintain the straightest, horizontal path with a .25g BB was almost at maximum setting. Using BBs higher than .25g may be hard to keep range, as the hop-up chamber may not be able to create enough backspin. If the adjustment wheel does not stay in its position towards the higher settings, the wheel may have to be tightened. Simply use a screwdriver to tighten the screw on the center of the wheel. To remove the hop-up chamber from the barrel, remove the hop-up retainer clip (c-shaped clamp). Slowly, using a combination of twists and pulls, pull the hop-up chamber off the barrel. The hop-up rubber may be twisted and stretched during the process. Spray silicone lube to help ease the chamber off the barrel and hop-up sleeve. Do not force the chamber off, as the sleeve may be torn. To reassemble, reverse the steps, taking care to align the sleeve’s indent (located inside the sleeve) with the barrel’s indent. Spray lube onto the surface of the hop-up sleeve so it is easier to push the chamber onto it.

Hop-Up Chamber with Barrel

Performance
As I do not have professional equipment to test performance, I can only describe what I see as I shoot the M15A4 Rifle. I used a 3300mah 8.4v large battery and .25g Airsoft Elite Precision Grade BBs and .25g Excel Biodegradable BBs. After loading the BBs into the magazine and winding it, I shot a few rounds in semi-automatic. The shots curved down noticeably. After accessing the hop-up, I adjusted around until the BBs flew as horizontally as possible. The optimal hop-up setting is almost at maximum hop-up. The BBs flew significantly farther than my homemade paintball range (45 feet; measured by tape marker) The BBs probably flew 150+ feet effectively. When the initial velocity was lost, the hop-up’s backspin counteracted gravity’s pull and “floated.” Rate of fire is surprisingly high, especially for me, as this was my first AEG. In semi-automatic, the shots were fairly accurate. The M15A4’s extremely long barrel (509mm) guides the BBs effectively and leads to good accuracy at distance or close range. I was able to hit a pie plate consistently at 45 feet, hit large-sized cups at about 60 feet consistently, and hit large targets at extreme range of about 200 feet. The original bore size is 6.08, so I highly recommend a tightbore barrel to significantly increase power and accuracy. Accuracy on semi-automatic is good, but the spread enlarges when switched to fully automatic. I would use automatic only in shorter distances. At long range, BBs would be wasted. Power of the M15A4 Rifle is higher than stock Tokyo Marui guns. I was able to make large dents in a garden rake’s solid wood laminated handle, planks of wood, shoot clear through a can, and tear through pie plates extremely easily. Actual FPS is hard to predict, but the manual states 85-95 meters per second. The gun is relatively quiet on semi-automatic, but when engaged in fully-automatic, the noise is quite loud. Overall, power, accuracy, and rate of fire is amazing on this model.

Maintenance
-Unclip battery and remove pellets from magazine and remove magazine when in storage
-Never reuse BBs, as they could be dirty, chipped, etc. and will jam the gun
-Decompress the spring after shooting full auto by shooting semi-automatic for 3-4 shots
-Thread 1x3 cm cotton through needle eye of cleaning rod; spray with 100% silicon oil approved for metal/rubber; run through barrel until red line meets end of barrel and repeat until black spots disappear; MAKE SURE HOP-UP IS SET TO ZERO before cleaning barrel/hop-up chamber. Otherwise the chamber and/or the hop-up sleeve can be damaged
-Do not go into the mechanical box unless you have to
-Clean the exterior with dampened cloth so that dirt/dust do not build up; wipe with dry cloth afterwards so rust does not occur
-Make sure no dust/dirt gets into hop-up chamber (close the dust cover when in storage)
-Regularly tighten screws, bolts, etc

To disassemble:
-Disengage the T-handle
-Remove the two frame lock pins with a screwdriver or allen wrench (depending on pins)
-Pull the upper receiver forward (this is difficult at first)
-Lift the upper receiver off
-Pull out barrel with hop-up unit attached at end
Note: Pulling the receivers apart is difficult at first. You will need to disassemble frequently to ease the process. Silicone lube may help when sprayed on contact points of the two receivers.

Disassembled M15A4 Rifle

Recommendations

-Buy a new hop-up sleeve. The stock CA hop-up rubber is slightly under-quality. I noticed a definite improvement when I used a Systema Hop-Up sleeve.
-Your barrel may need tightening to make it 100% solid. Take off the handguards, use pliers, and twist the toothed ring clockwise. It will force the barrel to twist onto the receiver threads more tightly. Pliers are acceptable, but can scratch the ring (wrap a cloth around the ring, then use pliers). Classic Army has a handguard adjustment tool available, but it is hard to find.
-Apply one to two layers of electrical tape around the upper portion of the magazine. It will help to prevent mis-feeds and will eliminate wobbling.
-If you want, you can put a dab of super-glue underneath the bolt-catch to prevent it from rattling around. It sounds sophisticated when it moves, but you can eliminate the sound by a simple glue-job. Only a dab is needed; too much super-glue can lead to a messy problem
-If any scratches appear on the receiver’s finish, a simple black permanent marker can hide most/all of the scratch

Recommended Stores
-AirSplat.com: Excellent customer service, low prices, and speedy service. Highly recommend.
-BatterySpace.com: Lowest prices available for AEG batteries and chargers. Highly recommend.
-21stcenturyairsoft.com: Abundance of parts and accessories for your Classic Army AEG
-hotspotairsoft.com: Excellent customer service. When e-mailing, you get a personal e-mail from a helper himself. Will help you in any way he can. Low prices, fair abundance of accessories and parts.
-evike.com: Has an impressively large selection of upgrade and spare parts. Great prices on supplies and products.

Conclusion
I found this model to be extremely satisfying. The M15A4 Rifle has everything I was looking for in an airsoft gun. This model is high quality and in my opinion, is better than Tokyo Marui’s M16A2. It packs tremendous firepower while maintaining accuracy, has many realistic parts, and feels solid and durable.

Pros:
Extremely solid build- no creak, flex, or squeaks
Excellent quality- most of the components are superior in build
Power- higher than Tokyo Marui stock guns
Accuracy- increased accuracy at range from long barrel
Rate of fire- decent with 8.4v; could be improved with batteries up to 12v
Reliability- despite Classic Army’s problematic past, the M15A4 is reliable internally and externally
Detail- trademarks, material, and components are extremely detailed

Cons:
Versatility- the gun is rather long (1069mm; length estimated) and is heavy
Magazine- it is thinner and the paint comes off easily
Aluminum sheet bolt- thin, weak, shiny, must be moved manually
T-handle- too long of spring, weak spring, weak return
Hop-Up Sleeve- slightly under par with higher quality hop-up makers (Systema recommended)

The pros definitely outweigh the cons in my opinion. Classic Army has produced an amazing model that combines cosmetics, functionality, and realism. I recommend this model to those who are considering it. It is superior to Tokyo Marui’s M16A2, A1, VN, in build, power, and realism. I feel this purchase was worth the money with the Classic Army M15A4 Rifle.

An Amazing Model, the M15A4 Rifle

-andrew hong

Edited by New Guy on the Block, 01 December 2005 - 07:03 PM.

#3 1911A1

1911A1

Posted 02 December 2005 - 09:58 PM

Thanks for the review. I am going to purchase that same gun in a few weeks.
Current gun:

CA M15A4 Rifle- (370fps)

- Systema Polycarb Piston Head w/bearings-
- Leapers 4X20mm M16 scope (long range)-
- Leapers 40mm red/green dot (short, medium range)-
- Systema 6.04 tightbore-
- 9.6v 3000mah (insane ROF)/3300mah 8.4v backup
- CA Grenade Launcher w/G&P M203 Heatshield & MB 120rnd grenade
- Systema Magnum Motor

#4 psneidy

psneidy

Posted 03 December 2005 - 10:05 AM

I've had this gun for a few weeks now, and it too is my first AEG.

I've not had any problems with the charging handle and mine was shipped w/ removable carrying handle. however, one of the screws holding one of the pins that keep the gun together fell out while I was playing! I had noticed it before but it was my fault that I wasn't more responsible and add locktight to it to keep it in. The pin is staying in firmly, but I'm looking for a new screw to put in there.
I pity tha foo who don't have a Classic Army / Armalite M15A4 full size rifle!

#5 Steelchocolate

Steelchocolate
  • Interests:Airsoft, Computers, Website Creating, Soccer, Scuba Diving, Snow Skiing, etc

Posted 03 December 2005 - 11:12 PM

Review Added.

#6 1911A1

1911A1

Posted 07 December 2005 - 10:18 PM

Does the gun come with an aluminum flashhider?
Current gun:

CA M15A4 Rifle- (370fps)

- Systema Magnum Motor

#7 Airsoft_Fanatic

Airsoft_Fanatic
  • Interests:God<br />Airsoft<br />Girls<br />School<br />Guns

Posted 07 December 2005 - 11:20 PM

You my friend, have a M15A2 Rifle, which has a non-detachable handle.

Very nice review, BTW.

Edited by Airsoft_Fanatic, 07 December 2005 - 11:20 PM.

#8 NGOB

NGOB

• Forum Administrator
  • 6,855 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 08:01 PM

New Classic Army guns do not come with an aluminum flash hider. Youc an buy them at most airsoft retailers though. CA now super-glues their orange tips. I hate that...

My gun is an M15A4 Rifle. 100% sure. It has another top receiver. The internals and lower receiver are from an M15A4. I don't know how I got a receiver from an M15A2, but whatever. Besides, the fixed handle is much more sturdy in my opinion and is more accuracte to the reel-steel M16A2.

#9 Guest_Agent Hunk_*

Guest_Agent Hunk_*

Posted 08 December 2005 - 08:10 PM

QUOTE (New Guy on the Block @ Dec 8 2005, 07:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
New Classic Army guns do not come with an aluminum flash hider. Youc an buy them at most airsoft retailers though. CA now super-glues their orange tips. I hate that...

My gun is an M15A4 Rifle. 100% sure. It has another top receiver. The internals and lower receiver are from an M15A4. I don't know how I got a receiver from an M15A2, but whatever. Besides, the fixed handle is much more sturdy in my opinion and is more accuracte to the reel-steel M16A2.

Becuase the one with the removable handle is based on the M16A3, not the A2.

According to my math is weighs only 6 pounds, is such true?

#10 WTA_Delta

WTA_Delta
  • Interests:Airsoft, Aerospace (Military Aircraft &amp; Civilian Aircraft), Firearms, Martial Arts, History, International Relations/Foriegn Affairs, Overall military (Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force, Spec Ops), Legal Issues, HRT applications/training, CT ops, Defensive Driving, PMCs (Private Military Companies).

Posted 09 December 2005 - 01:20 PM

Great job with the review.

Your article was easy to read, very detailed and thorough. This is a definite read for those considering the CA M15A4. My only suggestion is that you should come back and re-evaluate the gun's performance after a skrimish or two, add any comments, suggestions and recommendations that CA M15A4 users should know.

Interestingly, I placed black electrical tape on the bottom of my magazines so it is simplier to reload, and identify the bottom end of the mag, so I suppose that is another added bonus to placing electrical tape.

Other than that, again great review. And have fun with your first AEG.
"I am prepared to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter" -Winston Churchill
"Train as you fight!"

#11 1911A1

1911A1

Posted 12 December 2005 - 07:30 PM

What type of screw driver did you use to get those screws out? I can't find any screwdrivers in my house that have that size head.
Current gun:

CA M15A4 Rifle- (370fps)

- Systema Magnum Motor

#12 Psycho Evangelion

Psycho Evangelion
  • Interests:airsoft, cars, computers

Posted 12 December 2005 - 11:59 PM

nice review :)
IPB Image
TM Tac Master [sold] | CA M24 - 480 fps [sold] | CA MP5A2 - 400 fps [sold]
Classic Army M15A4 SPC - Guarder Aluminum Piston Head, Guarder Polycarbonate Piston,
Guarder Air Seal Nozzle, Guarder Spring Guide, PDI 170% spring, KM TN Tightbore Barrel - 435 fps [sold]
Tokyo Marui Tac Master - G&G Full Metal Kit [sold] | Tanaka M24-SWS - 570 fps [sold] Cupertino, CA --> Davis, CA - Hearing is Believing
IPB Image

#13 NGOB

NGOB

• Forum Administrator
  • 6,855 posts

Posted 13 December 2005 - 06:11 PM

These screws are allen. So allen wrenches have to be used. Normally, a flathead screwdriver is used. I just replaced mine...and they use allen wrenches.

Posted 18 December 2005 - 02:13 PM

at airsplat you can ask them to include a metal flash hider.

when they shipped my m15a4 carbine it didnt have it so I emailed them and asked them to send it and I gave them my order number and in 2-3 days it came.

and yes they sent you a m15a2 rifle it had a few problems but I guess if you are upgrading it wont really matter.

Edited by rather, 18 December 2005 - 02:16 PM.

#15 NGOB

NGOB

• Forum Administrator
  • 6,855 posts

Posted 19 December 2005 - 11:00 PM

I asked them...aid it was illegal or had legal problems...or something like that, even though I specifically requested it. Got kind of pissed at that.

And I don't know how many tmes I have to say this. THIS IS AN M15A4!! It has an M15A2 upper receiver, which I wanted. I just like the assurance of fized upper handles instead of detachable ones. I ordered an AR-15 scope mount. The internals are all M15A4. I checked already. Learned how to take apart the mechbox too, and comapred it with other M15A4 reviews.

#16 Guest_doobster_*

Guest_doobster_*

Posted 30 December 2005 - 11:39 PM

If this was indeed an A2 wouldn't it have A2 engraved on it not A4?Very nice review.

Edited by doobster, 30 December 2005 - 11:39 PM.

#17 Omaha

Omaha
  • Interests:Rock climbing, Flying Airplanes, Reading books, Fixing Cars, Lying about my interests on the internet....you know pretty run of the mill stuff.

Posted 31 December 2005 - 05:29 PM

Nice review overall.

I guess you aren't too versed in the internals to get a look into that as well huh?

Edited by Omaha, 31 December 2005 - 05:30 PM.

I donate to support this site, do YOU?

#18 Guest_AirForceOne_*

Guest_AirForceOne_*

Posted 01 January 2006 - 07:34 PM

nice review I am planning to get this rifle very soon...
how significent was the increase in perforance when you installed the systema hop up sleeve? increase in range?
is your gun the 2005 model? to tell if it is, are the gears in your mechbox yellow?

#19 some_guy22

some_guy22

Posted 01 January 2006 - 11:06 PM

QUOTE (AirForceOne @ Jan 1 2006, 04:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
nice review I am planning to get this rifle very soon...
how significent was the increase in perforance when you installed the systema hop up sleeve? increase in range?
is your gun the 2005 model? to tell if it is, are the gears in your mechbox yellow?

the accuracy at first on the M15 is great, but then the sleeve gets a little loose and starts getting some wild shots. the systema one I believe is less prone to getting loose. with my M15A4 rifle, I could hit a man sized target at 200 feet consistently even with the old hop up

and I think you mean, "are the gears on the hop up chamber yellow?" not the gearbox. the gearbox gears are most likely the same in the newest M15 variants. and I believe his gun has the old hop up since the serial number seems a bit low.

#20 NGOB

NGOB

• Forum Administrator
  • 6,855 posts

Posted 11 January 2006 - 08:42 PM

I did have the old hop-up. I just unstalled the new hop-up chamber, and it makes a huge difference.

There was a definate increase of range of about maybe 15-20 feet with the Systema sleeve.

A4 is engraved, not A2.

I also installed the aluminum flahs hider, so it looks awsome.

I do not wish to take apart the gearbox yet. It's not as simple as paintball gun pneumatics, as that is all the gun-tech experience I have.

#21 trancenation

trancenation

Posted 28 January 2006 - 06:40 PM

This gun is a good buy yet while I was in the store I found that the screws for the teactical handle had rust on them and I was like wtf get me another and all except one had it so I got that one. its a dependable gun and should be great use!

#22 killachinchilla

killachinchilla

Posted 29 January 2006 - 11:20 AM

New guy, is the sight any good on your gun cause im thinking about getting it for my M4

Edited by killachinchilla, 29 January 2006 - 11:21 AM.

#23 NGOB

NGOB

• Forum Administrator
  • 6,855 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 06:36 PM

It's a Swatforce Leapers 1 x 40mm red dot sight. I find it quite helpful. It is fully adjustable using a coin (just rotate little dials) There are two different types of dots. Red and green, both with multiple intensities. plus, the 40mm diameter makes a great assault scope. Tiny scopes tend to get tiresome squinting through a tube. My paintballgun sight is real small, but this larger diamter provides relief. Full metal, great tactical look. 30-40 bucks. Get one. You won't regret it.

#24 p51

p51
  • Interests:No longer airsoft. I'm tired of it.

Posted 02 February 2006 - 11:08 PM

QUOTE (New Guy on the Block @ Dec 13 2005, 02:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
These screws are allen. So allen wrenches have to be used. Normally, a flathead screwdriver is used. I just replaced mine...and they use allen wrenches.

Could someone please tell me what size allen wrench to use on that? I think it’s same one for the front barrel on my ICS MP-5 as well. It must be metric as my craftsman set has all normal standard sizes and none fit this. I can’t very well take an AEG into the local hardware store and ask!
Done with airsoft.

#25 NGOB

NGOB

• Forum Administrator
  • 6,855 posts

Posted 04 February 2006 - 12:03 PM

Oooh. I'm not so sure about the wrench size. I think now the M15A4s use a screwdriver for disassembly (the flathead) I know the wrenches are the same type as the ones for my A-5 paintball gun, made in the USA. So maybe they are not metric? I really hate the way the U.S. is the only country in the world not using metric. Makes everything so much more complicated.

#26 sandiegobiotech

sandiegobiotech

Posted 09 February 2006 - 12:27 AM

I think it's 2.5mm.
TM AK-47, M120, Prometheus 550mm tightbore
CA M15A4 Rifle, SP110, Prometheus 550mm tightbore
CA/TM hybrid M15A4 Rifle, SP120, Madbull 650mm tightbore
KWA G36c stock
KWA Glock 19
KWA M9

#27 claymore.

claymore.

Posted 13 February 2006 - 05:44 PM

QUOTE (New Guy on the Block @ Dec 1 2005, 05:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For some strange reason, I was shipped an M15A4 with a non-removable (fixed) carry handle. M15A4 Rifles should come with a detachable carry handle so accessories can be placed on the rail.

hmm.. I think its because its not a m15a4, maybe its a m15a2 ???

#28 sandiegobiotech

sandiegobiotech

Posted 13 February 2006 - 06:50 PM

QUOTE (claymore. @ Feb 13 2006, 01:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
hmm.. I think its because its not a m15a4, maybe its a m15a2 ???

This was discussed above already. The receiver has M15A4 engraved on it.
TM AK-47, M120, Prometheus 550mm tightbore
CA M15A4 Rifle, SP110, Prometheus 550mm tightbore
CA/TM hybrid M15A4 Rifle, SP120, Madbull 650mm tightbore
KWA G36c stock
KWA Glock 19
KWA M9

#29 Guest_Wesker_*

Guest_Wesker_*

Posted 19 March 2006 - 01:09 AM

And the truth shall set you free.

http://www.armalite....es/m15a4spr.htm

http://www.armalite....5a4_carbine.htm

http://www.armalite....ifles/m15a2.htm

http://www.armalite....5a2_carbine.htm

CA paid Armalite to reproduce airsoft versions of their guns. Thus making it an Armalite. Saying its not is like claiming an M92 is not an M92 if the military isnt using it at the time.

But please forgive me oh wise and wonderful lord:

. How is Armalite's website wrong and your right?

Edited by JROTChris, 21 March 2006 - 07:47 PM.

#30 NGOB

NGOB

• Forum Administrator
  • 6,855 posts

Posted 08 April 2006 - 08:31 AM

I'm just saying that I bought an m15a4, I paid for an m15a4, it says m15a4, the box says m15a4, and everything but the removeable handle looks like an m15a4. Maybe I got gyped, but it was a good one. I'm happy with my gun.

Update: My CA High-capacity magazine broke a week ago, and I fixed it, but it broke again. I'd recommend getting a nice mid-cap or another high-cap, as the CA one broke pretty easily. The metal coil got disconnected with the plastic knob, so I put it back in. later, the tension of the coil became too weak, so there isn't enough to push it up through the tubes into the gun. My mid-cap works beautifully, though.

Edited by New Guy on the Block, 08 April 2006 - 08:32 AM.

#31 West

West
  • Interests:Airsoft , Rollerblading, Football

Posted 12 May 2006 - 03:59 PM

Nice review I keep on looking for more reasons and more reasons to buy this gun and this helped alot

sorry, external links are not allowed in member signatures except by paid sponsors

#32 NGOB

NGOB

• Forum Administrator
  • 6,855 posts

Posted 14 May 2006 - 04:53 PM

Just to let anyone know who's reading this, this very gun is up for sale. PM me for details.

#33 NGOB

NGOB

• Forum Administrator
  • 6,855 posts

Posted 24 May 2006 - 07:52 PM

Word of Note: TIGHTEN THE SCREW ON THE WINDAGE ADJUSTER OF THE REAR SIGHT!! My sight fell off when the screw was loose. Two parts can easily be lost. I found the parts though. It would be a good idea to periodically tighten screws.

Edited by New Guy on the Block, 24 May 2006 - 08:36 PM.

#34 NGOB

NGOB

• Forum Administrator
  • 6,855 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 05:58 PM

Update:
If your M15A4 veers consistantly off your target, the hop up may be slightly off. Realign the sleeve and the shots should center again.

Skirmish update:
My first skirmish was interesting. My paintball skills did not apply much because this gun is enormous (very intimidating). Overall, this was superior to the M4s and the M733 I saw. This was only a backyard battle, but this gun owns at any situation in range, acccuracy (if maintained correctly), ROF is decent. Handling was difficult, as this is a woodland fighter, not a CQB gun.

Edited by New Guy on the Block, 06 June 2006 - 05:59 PM.

#35 Sgt.Peppers

Sgt.Peppers
  • Interests:-Music<br />-Studying music<br />-Playing guitar<br />-Messing with synths and sequencers on my macbook XD<br />-Airsoft guns

Posted 08 June 2006 - 07:22 PM

Very nice review, keep it up! a-thumbsup.gif

So, does it have a burst option instead of the full auto option like the real thing?
Iv'e always wondered this.
"Do they always fly this low?, Oh no, the ground here is very high"
-M*A*S*H Welcome to Korea

#36 NGOB

NGOB

• Forum Administrator
  • 6,855 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 08:03 PM

There is no burst; just semi, full auto, and safe.

#37 Lt. Speirs

Lt. Speirs
  • Interests:I love to play airsoft, football, and video games with my new xbox 360. Can't wait for brothers in arms hell's highway. Also I love to read about world war 2. Specifically about the airborne. Band of Brothers is awesome.

Posted 30 July 2006 - 10:21 AM

Yes not many airsoft guns have the burst feature.
99% of BF2 players punish for teamkills. I am glad to be a statistic.

If you live in Northern California and want to play some airsoft, hit me up a PM. Or if you want to chat, my AIM is devilpupone.

#38 (_ambda (v)an

(_ambda (v)an

Posted 30 July 2006 - 12:25 PM

Why doesnt this A4 have a removable carrying handle? Even if its not an A4 though they are all basically the same. But can someone tell me why this A4 doesnt have a remvable carrying handle. I might buy one and I don't want to buy the wrong one.
Arsenal: G&P M4|KSC G19

#39 NGOB

NGOB

• Forum Administrator
  • 6,855 posts

Posted 30 July 2006 - 12:58 PM

QUOTE ((_ambda (v)an @ Jul 30 2006, 01:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why doesnt this A4 have a removable carrying handle? Even if its not an A4 though they are all basically the same. But can someone tell me why this A4 doesnt have a remvable carrying handle. I might buy one and I don't want to buy the wrong one.

I keep on saying this. I don't know why. But when you order one, I can say that it will have a removeable top. THis one didn't. Don't know why. But I don't mind.

#40 Guest_Scubaassassin_*

Guest_Scubaassassin_*

Posted 28 August 2006 - 01:32 PM

I am assuming that the store that New Guy On the Block bought the gun from switched the upper because of possible damage to the original upper or maybe they wanted to use the upper for some sort of custom project. They might have assumed that he would not know the difference so they went ahead and switched them. What store did you originally buy it from?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users