to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share

Important Announcement!

Our Pinzgauer Project is in "Pre Launch" - Click Here to let us know what you think before the project goes live.

Photo
- - - - -

KJW KP-05 Threaded Outer Barrel Question.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 AirsoftNooblet

AirsoftNooblet

Posted 09 September 2013 - 07:30 AM

Is it possible to put a threaded barrel on a KJW KP-05 Hi-Capa? And also how much fps does it truly shoot, and how much does fps drop with each shot on green gas.

#2 Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3

• My Temperament:Sanguine

Posted 09 September 2013 - 08:12 AM

QUOTE (AirsoftNooblet @ Sep 9 2013, 07:30 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is it possible to put a threaded barrel on a KJW KP-05 Hi-Capa? And also how much fps does it truly shoot, and how much does fps drop with each shot on green gas.

Yes.
Truly Shoot? It varies based on the operating conditions, gas used and bb weight.
Velocity Drop? It varies based on the operating conditions, gas used and bb weight.
I rather use a "nightmare" that shoots like a dream over something that looks like a "dream" but shoots like a nightmare.

Don't fear the gun...fear the one that's wielding it!

#3 AirsoftNooblet

AirsoftNooblet

Posted 09 September 2013 - 08:39 AM

QUOTE (Guges Mk3 @ Sep 9 2013, 09:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes.
Truly Shoot? It varies based on the operating conditions, gas used and bb weight.
Velocity Drop? It varies based on the operating conditions, gas used and bb weight.

well I use .20g bbs and I cant remember what gas, but where I am it can get freezing cold to really hot, but for the cold situations I will be using the co2 mag.

#4 alberty

alberty
  • Interests:( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

• My Temperament:( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

Posted 09 September 2013 - 10:42 AM

You can put in an aftermarket threaded outer barrel into that gun, but be aware that you may have an issue with the sizing. In my experience, the KJW Hi-capa's outer barrel has a much wider "flare", like the outer diameter at the front of the outer barrel. So, if you get an aftermarket threaded outer barrel and put it in, the front of it may be able to freely wobble, affecting your inner barrel stability which can throw off your shots. The standard TM-spec Hi-capa outer barrel flare is narrow than the KJW Hi-capa outer barrel flare.

Edited by alberty, 09 September 2013 - 10:42 AM.

(This is my automatic signature content)

WTS: Madbull Daniel Defense RIS + Gemtech mock suppressor

#5 Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3

• My Temperament:Sanguine

Posted 09 September 2013 - 12:28 PM

QUOTE (AirsoftNooblet @ Sep 9 2013, 08:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
well I use .20g bbs and I cant remember what gas, but where I am it can get freezing cold to really hot, but for the cold situations I will be using the co2 mag.

Okay, but it will still vary. Gas type used and ambient temps can both drastically affect gas usage and FPS. Your just going to have to benchmark your GBB at a chrono near you.
I rather use a "nightmare" that shoots like a dream over something that looks like a "dream" but shoots like a nightmare.

Don't fear the gun...fear the one that's wielding it!

#6 AirsoftNooblet

AirsoftNooblet

Posted 09 September 2013 - 12:35 PM

Ok thanks for all the help guys.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users