to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share

Important Announcement!

Our Pinzgauer Project is in "Pre Launch" - Click Here to let us know what you think before the project goes live.

Photo
- - - - -

Umarex Dual Power Hk G36C AEG

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 gearhead222

gearhead222

Posted 16 September 2013 - 10:54 PM

Dear Fellow Members-Made the BIG mistake of not cycling my $100.00 Umarex Dual Power Hk G36 C AEG for about 1.5 years. Works fine on single shot spring, but will NOT cycle on single or full auto AEG:( I think that something is just seized from sitting too long:( Had anybody disassembled one of these? I perform hospital mnt. for a living, do much of my own C&R gunsmithing and consider myself pretty handy. Have also rebuilt pellet guns. Should have known better. Tried posting this in the disassembly section of the forum, so Moderators, please advise. ANY help greatly appreciated:)-Gearhead222

#2 Epiphany

Epiphany
  • Interests:Airsoft<br />Selling<br />Airsoft Smith<br />
  • SOA Name: deathfinderxx

Posted 16 September 2013 - 11:25 PM

Honestly that gun sorry to say is a P.O.S, I wouldn't honestly take the time to fix it. What I would do if I where you would pick up a jg or Asia electric g36 for $90-120.
Arsenal:
Custom KSC Taurus pt92
Primary:CA SR-25
Secondary:Kjw 1911 hicapa
I do professional tech work, for more information go here and read about me-
My tech facebook page
To give me feedback on sales and purchases please go here-
Feedback Page

#3 philsaudio

philsaudio
  • Interests:AEG Electrical Systems, Batteries. CQB guns.

• My Temperament:666121

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:19 AM

If the battery sat for a year and a half it is most likely kaa put. Start there.

My G36Cs:SRC Gen II, SRC Gen III, KWA Pre2Gx, JG 6681 Gen IV, Classic Army --- JG Stubby Killer, ICS Q4D
Two KWA Advanced Training Pistols and a KWA 1911 MK IV

...........I love it when a plan comes together

#4 gearhead222

gearhead222

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:25 PM

Already tried another battery. Called Umarex and got the schematic. Will be taking it apart:)-Gearhead

#5 Bomb has been planted

Bomb has been planted

Posted 17 September 2013 - 01:49 PM

just a heads up Umarex isn't a brand, they're a rebrander

#6 gearhead222

gearhead222

Posted 18 September 2013 - 01:39 AM

Yes, I am fully aware of that. They simply resell products made by other companies. That being said, some products they repair and some they don't-that's where you have to be careful. This was my first air soft gun purchase and as mentioned earlier, it's a POS!:( Mind you, I made my own air gun spring compressor, rebuilt pellet guns, have my FFL C&R license, rebuilt several C&R guns (including Enfield SMLE Mk 1 and M1891 Mosin-Nagant) and perform hospital mnt, for a living.
I easily disassembled and reassembled this AEG. The gearbox and motor are in great shape! There is no wear in the gear box, nor any debris inside it. BUT, the motor is spinning LOOSELY on its drive gear that moves everything else! It's simply a press fit gear that stretched on the motor shaft! I'll bet I didn't put more than 500 rounds through this gun! I have much cheaper AEG's that are still working. At least the single action spring power still works. Selling this gun for what I can get for it.
I did send my findings back to Umarex for grins and giggles. Stay away from this gun! a-censored.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users