to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share

Important Announcement!

Our Pinzgauer Project is in "Pre Launch" - Click Here to let us know what you think before the project goes live.

Photo
- - - - -

I'm going to sell the PolarStar'd Socom m82...

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 mazmaz

mazmaz
  • Interests:Mil-sim for the win<br /><br />Computers <br /><br />Camping

Posted 11 November 2013 - 09:03 PM

So I've finally decided to sell the Socom M82 Barrett and I'm curious what you folks think about how I should handle the sale. This was the first M82 that PolarStar did, and they did all the work as well as creating a custom mounting bracket for the engine and charging handle. It's incredible and works very very well but the price tag of the complete package, even with my selling it relatively cheap, has me concerned about finding potential buyers. So my two options seem pretty simple.... Sell it as-is with the PolarStar engine or pull it and the mounting bracket and sell it with an AEG V2 gearbox, then sell the PolarStar engine separately. Any thoughts?
The gun has been pretty seriously tuned (Shortened Barrel, promy inner barrel, madbull hop-up ect...) and has had confirmed centermass hits at 300ft and 350ft using .4s <AT> 550fps (obviously for testing, not live gaming due to safety concerns <AT> Op BrokenHome 2012). I've dumped a ton into this project and don't really mind taking a bit of loss at this point, but I don't want to cut too deeply either. What do you other sellers and collectors out there think is my best bet to recoup the maximum possible sale amount out of this beast of a project?

#2 MP5User

MP5User

Posted 11 November 2013 - 09:06 PM

I think because of the custom work such as the bracket, the P* package might have trouble selling for that specific M82. It might take longer to find the right buyer, but I think it would be better to sell the P* package with the gun. The V2 can sell easily without a doubt, there's always a market for extra gearboxes.

#3 mazmaz

mazmaz

Posted 11 November 2013 - 09:22 PM

I should have explained better, the bracket is completely removable. It is just a stability part to keep the P* aligned inside the large M82 body. M82 will still work perfectly fine with an EAG gearbox, and the P* will work perfectly fine in any v2 compatible gun ( or any gun that will normally take a v2). I would include the bracket with either the m82 or the P* depending on buyer, in case they wanted the option of installing again, but both the gun and the P* can be swapped out with no modification.

#4 MP5User

MP5User

Posted 11 November 2013 - 09:49 PM

You could try selling it all as one, as a buyer with the right idea could see the advantages of an AEG / P* compatible package in a unique gun.

#5 Guest_alberty_*

Guest_alberty_*

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:18 AM

I would probably try to sell it all at once. I don't think there are many buyers looking for an M82 gearbox alone.

Or if not, sell it as an AEG and keep your Fusion Engine for another day :)

#6 KCS95

KCS95

Posted 12 November 2013 - 09:33 PM

What would be your starting number?

#7 mazmaz

mazmaz

Posted 12 November 2013 - 11:26 PM

QUOTE (KCS95 @ Nov 12 2013, 07:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What would be your starting number?

Pm sent

#8 GoogGun

GoogGun
  • Interests:Airsoft, Guns, Paintball, Running, Writing

Posted 16 August 2017 - 03:51 PM

Are you still selling? If not, got anything like it?

Who is goog gun? Google it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users