to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share

Important Announcement!

Our Pinzgauer Project is in "Pre Launch" - Click Here to let us know what you think before the project goes live.

Photo
- - - - -

Should There Be An Airsoft Video Game?

• Please log in to reply
276 replies to this topic

Poll: Airsoft Video Games (891 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you think that there should be an Airsoft video game?

1. Yes (381 votes [42.76%])

Percentage of vote: 42.76%

2. No (459 votes [51.52%])

Percentage of vote: 51.52%

3. Undecided (51 votes [5.72%])

Percentage of vote: 5.72%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 hanyo66

hanyo66
  • Interests:Airsoft

Posted 31 December 2005 - 05:08 PM

Just think. The possibilites in the game would be endless. You could upgrade your guns and gear as you get better. I think that it would be great! Please vote and comment! a-salute.gif

Edited by triggerhappy, 31 December 2005 - 05:58 PM.

2 UHC 1911 Colts
Mini Crosman MP5
M16A4 with laser, flashlight, and scope
CYMA Glock Model 22

#2 CaptainCarl

CaptainCarl
  • Interests:Airsofting, Biking, Computer, XboX, building things, drawing, swimming, music, Basketball, Football, Being Outside, Spending Time With Friends, Military Equipment, Therozing, Roswell Incident, School,

Posted 31 December 2005 - 05:44 PM

I like the idea, and think it would be fun. But it would be like a paintball game for any game platform. Why play the game when you can get out and play for real?

#3 Psycho Evangelion

Psycho Evangelion
  • Interests:airsoft, cars, computers

Posted 31 December 2005 - 05:49 PM

no, I think it'd be amazingly stupid. It's like a simulation of a simulation. Games are for doing stuff you can't do in real life...like killing people.
IPB Image
TM Tac Master [sold] | CA M24 - 480 fps [sold] | CA MP5A2 - 400 fps [sold]
Classic Army M15A4 SPC - Guarder Aluminum Piston Head, Guarder Polycarbonate Piston,
Guarder Air Seal Nozzle, Guarder Spring Guide, PDI 170% spring, KM TN Tightbore Barrel - 435 fps [sold]
Tokyo Marui Tac Master - G&G Full Metal Kit [sold] | Tanaka M24-SWS - 570 fps [sold] Cupertino, CA --> Davis, CA - Hearing is Believing
IPB Image

#4 Guest_Leon Kennedy_*

Guest_Leon Kennedy_*

Posted 31 December 2005 - 05:50 PM

Just as stupid as paintball video games.

#5 Guest_triggerhappy_*

Guest_triggerhappy_*

Posted 31 December 2005 - 05:57 PM

The title should include something about the topic.

Anway, yes, I think there should be. But if there is one it needs to be good. paintball video games suck.

#6 Guest_aka Erky_*

Guest_aka Erky_*

Posted 31 December 2005 - 06:05 PM

QUOTE (triggerhappy @ Dec 31 2005, 05:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anway, yes, I think there should be. But if there is one it needs to be good. paintball video games suck.

Greg Hastings' Tournament Paintball doesnt suck =p

#7 Slidstryker91

Slidstryker91
  • Interests:Airsofting, 3d modeling(PM me if you want a gun image or two for your avatar), programming, videogaming, anime, drawing.

Posted 31 December 2005 - 06:29 PM

That would be awesome!!!! I should make one with my brother! maybe something where you can start out with a limited amount of income, maybe $20, buy a spring pistol upgrade to spring rifle or EBB or Mini through bets with AI friends, then GBB or AEG! go to tournaments, cqb, different bb weights, maybe an unlockable Vulcan Minigun idea.gif
Thanks, Pirate for the killer avatar!

Yay! I'm back from involuntary hiatus!

#8 Guy_With_A_Gun

Guy_With_A_Gun

-Military Photographer -MilSim/Living History

• Elite
  • 2,815 posts
  • Interests:Airsofting, (of course), paintballing, (about once a year), snowboarding, skateboarding, music, n all that other stuff<br /><br />And Photography...of course....

Posted 31 December 2005 - 06:39 PM

I think that the idea is great, but its a fact that most of today's society would rather simulate killing people than hitting people with plastic via a game simulation

#9 playa

playa

Airsoft Forum's Berreta Affectionado

• user_has_broken_email
  • 845 posts

Posted 01 January 2006 - 08:31 PM

I'm against it because it would get more ignorant little kids into the sport which leads to the banning of the sport.
TM M4a1- Primary
TM M92f gbb- secondary (stolen)
16 mm silencer for KSC MK23- Useless
New TM M92f w/ full metal body
Tanaka USP w/ metal slide and guess what?!?! ALL TRADEMARKS
Western Arms beretta m92f

THAT'S RIGHT! THOSE TWO M9'S ARE AN AFFRONT TO MR. PIETRO HIMSELF!

#10 Guest_Xhado_*

Guest_Xhado_*

Posted 01 January 2006 - 08:50 PM

There already is one, it was released in Japan awhile ago.

#11 ChronicBalla

ChronicBalla
  • Interests:Airsoft (obviously) Surfing and basketball

Posted 01 January 2006 - 10:27 PM

There is absolutely no point in having a Airsoft video game, like psycho evangelion said earlier, why make a simulation of a simulation? Plus, we don't need any more video games... There are already too many for our generations good.
IPB Image

#12 Guest_Agent Hunk_*

Guest_Agent Hunk_*

Posted 01 January 2006 - 10:29 PM

WORST IDEA EVAR

Airsoft is mil-sim why the heck do we need a sim of a sim? Go play a war game.

#13 dudemattbored

dudemattbored
  • Interests:Airsoft<br />Guitar<br />Automotive<br />Computer<br />Beach<br />Spending time w/ friends

Posted 01 January 2006 - 11:08 PM

QUOTE (Psycho Evangelion @ Dec 31 2005, 11:49 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
no, I think it'd be amazingly stupid. It's like a simulation of a simulation. Games are for doing stuff you can't do in real life...like killing people.

Ditto. The game would be pointless.
" Courage is doing what you're afraid to do. There can be no courage unless you're scared."
Eddie Rickenbacker
US WWI aviator & businessman (1890 - 1973)

#14 Allah the Elite

Allah the Elite

Posted 01 January 2006 - 11:11 PM

Personally, since airsoft is SORT OF like fantasy, and seeing how vidoe games are fnatasy, I don't see the point. It's sort of like making a vidoe game where you play vidoe games.

I'd rather shoot real people with real guns in vidoe games, and play airsoft. Besides you can upgrade guns and gear and stuff in a videogame with real guns.

Bam head SHOT yo!

Nobody's perfect - I'm nobody

Personal Arsonal:
- CA M15A2 w/reflex sight
- TM Desert Eagle .50AE Hardkick
- Beretta M92fs EBB
- Beretta M92fs EBB converted to Full Auto w/silencer & RIS rail
- KWC M1911A1 spring pistol
- Neonfire 1911 Tactical .45 spring pistol

#15 Guest_JROTChris_*

Guest_JROTChris_*

Posted 01 January 2006 - 11:40 PM

If you think about it, all war games are essentially the same as airsoft scenario games. Just play the game and use your imagination.

#16 babybackribs

babybackribs

If they come for your guns, give them the bullets.

• user_has_broken_email
  • 2,557 posts
  • Interests:Airsofting, eating Doritos, counting the little flavor specs on Doritos, Airsoft, counting coins, Airsofting, picking the dirt out from underneath my nails, Airsoft, hunting for junk between my couch cushions, looking at film negatives to see what the pictures are, trying to figure out a way to have an airsoft gun embedded in me, Airsofting, counting my teeth with my tounge, scratching my head and see if I get dirt under my fingernails, Airsoft, counting the bumps in popcorn ceiling tiles, not school, taking my guns apart and not putting them back together, airsoft, making quilts out of dog hair, reading a nice magazine while on the loo

Posted 02 January 2006 - 12:27 AM

QUOTE (Xhado @ Jan 1 2006, 05:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There already is one, it was released in Japan awhile ago.

What's it called?
I have successfully made an AK jam.

Real PMAG to Airsoft Modification How-To

#17 Guest_aka Erky_*

Guest_aka Erky_*

Posted 02 January 2006 - 02:06 AM

QUOTE (playa @ Jan 1 2006, 08:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm against it because it would get more ignorant little kids into the sport which leads to the banning of the sport.

Thats y we make it as violent as hell a-wink.gif

Edited by aka Erky, 02 January 2006 - 02:07 AM.

#18 Guest_Xhado_*

Guest_Xhado_*

Posted 02 January 2006 - 02:37 AM

QUOTE (babybackribs @ Jan 1 2006, 08:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What's it called?

not that hard to punch a few words into google.

http://filairsoft.co...;num=1103251849

#19 hanyo66

hanyo66
  • Interests:Airsoft

Posted 02 January 2006 - 11:54 AM

[/quote]

That actually looks half decent. a-salute.gif
2 UHC 1911 Colts
Mini Crosman MP5
M16A4 with laser, flashlight, and scope
CYMA Glock Model 22

#20 Guest_masamune_*

Guest_masamune_*

Posted 02 January 2006 - 12:49 PM

touse games look pretty craptacualar.... Just play airsoft or if you need a video game just buy a FPS.....

#21 ReaperBJJ

ReaperBJJ
  • Interests:Mixed Martial Arts, Camarillo Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, boxing, kickboxing, cars, Milsim, football(both watching College/NFL, and playing for Crosby-Ironton High School), weightlifting/fitness/nutrition.<br /><br />My fitness/MMA log<br />http://www.xanga.com/The_Reaper65

Posted 02 January 2006 - 01:15 PM

Sounds pretty dumb if you ask me, it'd pretty much be like any other shooter only with all the gore replaced with little white bbs flying through the air. It actually worked with paintball because the guns aren't exact replicas of real steel guns.
IPB Image
my extremely small armory
TM AUG SRfor sale, pm for details

Wishlist
Mk43 Mod0, Ghost Recon: AW inspired Multicam loadout, TM 1911A1

#22 El Ornitorrinco

El Ornitorrinco
  • Interests:Video games, AirSoft (dur), er... Reading... Watching Myth Busters and History Channel?

Posted 02 January 2006 - 02:36 PM

To all those talking about how stupid it would be to have an airsoft video game because it's a game of a game: I agree completely. It's a totally stupid idea. How could a game of a game possibly be fun? This shouldn't be made, it might get totally out of hand. Who knows, next they might be making football games.

In case you didn't catch my sarcasm, I would pay good money for an airsofting video game. Especially if it was online. It would get a lot of people into the sport, me thinks, especially if the game was really good. I mean, you're never going to get to dual wield a pair of P3 miniguns, but in a virtual world you could. The only thing about it is that you'd have to play for money, but other than that it should be very life-like. I've actually thought a lot about an airsofting video game, and I have some awesome physics/game ideas, but I can't explain them without using my hands. I'm just that kind of guy.
In this world there is a schism
between all those that are born,
and every man holding to his ism,
is between two parties torn.

And every man must umpire
which party he will tout-
Either those that start the fires,
or those that put them out.

#23 Insanejoe

Insanejoe
  • Interests:Real guns, PS2, The Seattle Seahwaks, super nintendo, hunting, corvettes.

Posted 04 January 2006 - 07:50 PM

QUOTE (El Ornitorrinco @ Jan 2 2006, 12:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Especially if it was online. It would get a lot of people into the sport, me thinks, especially if the game was really good. I mean, you're never going to get to dual wield a pair of P3 miniguns,

What in gods name is a P3 minigun? the only airsoft miniguns are M-134's and that cool little chrome venom thing.

#24 digiowl

digiowl

Posted 04 January 2006 - 08:46 PM

oh /THOU SHALT NOT USE MY NAME IN VAIN/ no, *ack* whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy whyyyyyyyyyyy lower airsoft to that levvel to *sob* thats one of the reasons why I stopped paintballjava script:add_smilie(%22:flush:%22,%22smid_103%22)
even in make beleave war, sacrafice is called for

"war is only good for the undertaker"~edwin starr

~don't buy cybergun, fabricate your own!

#25 New-bie

New-bie

I want to see how long i can make this member title thingy befor

• 1,956 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft. CS:Source. BF2.

Posted 04 January 2006 - 08:52 PM

Play americas army.
I THINK you can upgrade your guns in that. Not sure tho.

#26 Dmitri

Dmitri
  • Interests:Airsoft, philosophy, guns, hentai, scifi, and anime

• My Temperament:Melancholy

Posted 04 January 2006 - 09:39 PM

If you want to pimp yourself out with kick-arse guns and fire at things like crazy, play Quake or some shooter game. The reason an airsoft game is a TERRIBLE idea is not just the fact that it is a simulation of a simulation, but the fact that you now only have to sit on your arse and click buttons and triggers to do things that will actually give you a better work-out and sense of awareness.

Let's assume that airsoft games are made for the Gen 4 systems (Xbox 360, PS3, Nintendo Revolution) and gain much popularity amongst trigger-happy kids. The kids would quit playing REAL airsoft because it 'costs too much money', 'can't be played whenever you want to', 'it hurts to get shot', and 'it's just not as fun as playing it online'. I bet I sound like I'm exaggerating, don't I? I'm not. The younger members of our generation are already this way with basic and keystone games like tag, football, fishing, dodgeball/nation-ball, basketball, and even playing pretend. Here in America, our generation is generally getting less healthy from excercising less and sitting around at our computers/video games more. But, airsoft is a sport, meaning if you play it, you're getting active (generally speaking).

Another thing to realize would be the n00binization of kids who kick arse in the airsoft games...but have no field experience whatsoever. You'll get Goremans (A-hole lieutenant from 'Aliens') or Raidens; that is, they'll be so used to the virtual simulation that they won't be prepared for things like getting dirty, wet, hungry, tired, sweaty, and sore. These things build character in us as milsim 'warriors' and make us stronger, but to a kid that has lived in the virtual world of combat, it's all just uncomfortableness and icky stuff they won't want to face. Hell, I bet a few would get an airsoft equivilant of shell-shock from the suddnen change in how they play the game. The point is that a game would just soften our already pudgey and cooshy kids to the point of making some chubby kid with bad stamina think he's teh 1337 haxxr softer!!!11!1!

It's bad enough we have some of the D&D guys who can't tell the differnce between reality and fantasy; trust me, an airsoft game would make kids a bunch of cocky little dorks who think it's all about hand-eye coordination and looking on your HUD screens instead of listening for movement and calculating your moves with your team.

The only person on this site to turn down an offer to be a mod.
Read if you dare: "The Ballad of the Crazy Airsmith"

Dmitri Kalashnikov is as smart as the asian guy from "The Green Hornet" Only with a lot more guns and a little red-neck

#27 New-bie

New-bie

I want to see how long i can make this member title thingy befor

• 1,956 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft. CS:Source. BF2.

Posted 04 January 2006 - 10:11 PM

A PB game would be better.

#28 mokoto

mokoto
  • Interests:airsoft, anime, manga, swords, rammstein, techno, hardcore, breaks, and ambient (music genres)

Posted 04 January 2006 - 10:23 PM

I don't think it would work. first fo all, although it would be a good shooter, the average teenage male wants gore and whatnot along with the action. secondly, if it was true to airsoft, it would rely on the honour system, and you'd have to type out "Hit!" whenever shot. since people today suck, they would never call themselves out. its a cool idea, but would be a bloodless, cheating filled counterstrike clone.

and it would have a very small market

Edited by mokoto, 04 January 2006 - 10:24 PM.

IPB Image
a hearty woot to GWAG for making this kickass sig!
QUOTE(ZigZag @ Oct 3 2006, 08:19 PM) View Post

Looking down the sights of a DE is like looking down the back end of a cow.

#29 fromrussiawithlove

fromrussiawithlove
  • Interests:airsoft, (why do you think I'm here?) Magic the gathering, and computers<br />(if you're wondering about the picture, I didn't feel like dressing in camo that day)

Posted 05 January 2006 - 05:20 AM

airsoft as a game? I just don't see that happening....

this is my rifle, this is my gun. this one's for shooting, this one's for fun

Без перевода.

#30 jballou

jballou

Posted 05 January 2006 - 11:03 PM

I wrote an Airsoft mod for Halflife 1 a while back. Used CS models, had like 25 guns in it, and had a system you could use to upgrade guns, had hicap winding, guns would break depending on components, had to charge batteries, etc. Had a lot of stuff in it, and had the VGUI menus back when they were new. I think I have the code around somewhere I could compile and throw up on my server to d/l.
admin needs a working email address for this account.

I'm in the army, and in Iraq. I have been in most of the units you wish to emulate. I have operated and am familiar with most military arms of the world. Yes, I was with SF, I sat on a base and ran wires and radios for them. I am on my third combat deployment (well, this one's an office jockey). When I post something as fact, it may safely be assumed as such since I have been in airsoft almost 9 years now, and I always deliniate between fact and educated guessing. If I seem harsh it's probably because somebody said something innane that had to be stricken from the record. That is all.
QUOTE (BattlePriest)
Just forget it... you guys are hopeless... I should just quit..

#31 Psycho Evangelion

Psycho Evangelion
  • Interests:airsoft, cars, computers

Posted 06 January 2006 - 01:36 AM

QUOTE (Xhado @ Jan 1 2006, 11:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
not that hard to punch a few words into google.

wow, it's literally called THE SURVIVAL GAME.
IPB Image
TM Tac Master [sold] | CA M24 - 480 fps [sold] | CA MP5A2 - 400 fps [sold]
Classic Army M15A4 SPC - Guarder Aluminum Piston Head, Guarder Polycarbonate Piston,
Guarder Air Seal Nozzle, Guarder Spring Guide, PDI 170% spring, KM TN Tightbore Barrel - 435 fps [sold]
Tokyo Marui Tac Master - G&G Full Metal Kit [sold] | Tanaka M24-SWS - 570 fps [sold] Cupertino, CA --> Davis, CA - Hearing is Believing
IPB Image

#32 El Ornitorrinco

El Ornitorrinco
  • Interests:Video games, AirSoft (dur), er... Reading... Watching Myth Busters and History Channel?

Posted 06 January 2006 - 05:55 PM

I play America's Army. It's the most ralistic shooter out there (nothing even comes close to AA), and is an army sim. As such, you cannot upgrade guns.

Yes, whiney kids will play the video game and not want to play the real thing for all the reasons listed. Who cares? You want whiney at your airsoft field?

Another thing- you play America's Army long enough to be good and you will realize that any tactic that works in real life works in the game-- and vice versa. That's how crazy the game is. (It's flippin' hilarious to see people used to Counter-Strike come in, as they suck beyond belief in AA) If this airsoft game could pull this kind of realism off, it would be more than great.

And yes, P3, as in Piper's Precision Products, as in the makers of the Venom and the M134. PWN'D! Wanna dual weild Venoms? You could in Ultimate Airsoft Online! Whoo. I'd buy Ultimate Airsoft Online.

#33 Guest_Scubaassassin_*

Guest_Scubaassassin_*

Posted 06 January 2006 - 09:33 PM

That would be so happy. once that comes out im jumping off a bridge a-laugh.gif

#34 NightBlade

NightBlade

Posted 06 January 2006 - 09:36 PM

I've already made one put its 2d and I need the full version for online and you losers out their saying there shouldn't be an airsoft video game its not replacing airsoft itself but merely adding more opprotunities and when you cant play outside what will you do if you want to play so badly you just want to kill yourself. I think this would be great for airsoft teams to get on the internet together on a rainy or stormy day and play and practice tactics its a good value of time.
Selling many miscellaneous airsoft parts and gear PM me if you are interested.
DLA POLSKA!!!
IPB Image

#35 El Ornitorrinco

El Ornitorrinco

Posted 07 January 2006 - 12:51 AM

2D airsoft game? Wanna upload it for us? Is it like Metal Slug?

#36 Tweak

Tweak

Posted 10 January 2006 - 01:44 AM

How many games out there can you customize you weapons in? Not many, AA is one but it is very limited and you can only use it in certain levels. Anyone else know any games which you can customize you weapons in? There are people out there who can't play airsoft. Take me fo example, I live in Australia where it is illegal to play airsoft. Which is BullS**T. But I have handled many airsoft guns, learnt how to upgrade them. Good fun, I miss it terribley. YAY 100th post!

Edited by Tweak, 10 January 2006 - 01:46 AM.

IPB Image
RWC M700 Sniper Rifle (Woodland Camouflage)
"This Woodland Camouflage M700 is best suited for Desert shooting"

#37 El Ornitorrinco

El Ornitorrinco

Posted 10 January 2006 - 02:49 PM

Well, true. Special Forces you can customize, but that is by no means upgrade. Plenty of people run the SF mod, though. Canadian Bridge Junkies on Bridge Crossing comes to mind. That's generally where I play if I feel the need to put a scope or suppressor (or both!) on an M4.

#38 xairsoftx

xairsoftx

Posted 12 January 2006 - 09:24 AM

Really, I don't know why you guys fuss about how there shouldent be an airsoft game. Your just stateing your opinion on what you think, But Why don't just have one, and if you don't want to play it don't, and if you do, do. Other people would sure like to have one im sure, maybe for kids that arent aloud to really airsoft, or for people that cant at that certain time, so they play the game. Thats my opinion. And I think there should be one, Just for the people that want to play it can, Same things went for paintball. Some people didn't like it, some people did. Theres still a huge croud of people who play paintball games. So just stop talking about how much there shouldent be an airsoft game just from your opinion, and think about everything to do with it.

#39 airsoftkid100

airsoftkid100
  • Interests:Airsoft (well, duh)<br />Paintball (not so much anymore)<br />Basketball<br />SCUBA Diving<br />Rock Climbing<br />Singing<br />Biking<br />Roller Blading<br />Kyaking<br />Playing Trumpet

Posted 12 January 2006 - 05:41 PM

First, I thought no, after all of the super-lame paintball games. Then I thought some more and changed my mind.

That would be totally sweet to have an airsoft video game. It sounds like a mix between Midnight Club 3 (a game where you can upgrade your cars and make it look awesome) and Call of Duty 2. (an RPG/Shooter)

AWESOME!!

#40 DraxX00R

DraxX00R

Posted 12 January 2006 - 07:58 PM

I think it would be fun because you can upgrade your gun and stuff and it wont look like a wierd paintball gun it'll look like the real thing except airsoft...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users