to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share

Important Announcement!

Our Pinzgauer Project is in "Pre Launch" - Click Here to let us know what you think before the project goes live.

Photo
- - - - -

Should There Be An Airsoft Video Game?

• Please log in to reply
276 replies to this topic

Poll: Airsoft Video Games (891 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you think that there should be an Airsoft video game?

1. Yes (381 votes [42.76%])

Percentage of vote: 42.76%

2. No (459 votes [51.52%])

Percentage of vote: 51.52%

3. Undecided (51 votes [5.72%])

Percentage of vote: 5.72%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#241 CruciFICTION

CruciFICTION
  • Interests:Airsoft<br />Lacrosse<br />Video Games<br />Military<br />Military History<br />Techno Music<br /><br />other stuff I can't think of.

Posted 20 August 2008 - 04:49 PM

QUOTE (playa @ Jan 1 2006, 09:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm against it because it would get more ignorant little kids into the sport which leads to the banning of the sport.

agreed. the aspect of making your gun you have in real life in the game would be cool. but most people (including me) would rather kill someone in a game than hit them with 6mm plastic bbs.

#242 Nihlus

Nihlus

Posted 20 August 2008 - 06:34 PM

A game about airsoft would pretty much be another America's army or Operation Flashpoint.

If there was going to be a game made on airsoft, then the game would be a normal shooting-type game, but with an airsoft mod included.

There's already an airsoft mod for Counter Strike I think.

#243 pyrodude316

pyrodude316

Posted 22 August 2008 - 01:19 PM

actually I change my mind.
it would be cool seeing as how you could upgrade ur guns and stuff
When in doubt, C4. When being doubted, bombard them with information until they surrender.

#244 KAG8893

KAG8893

Posted 22 September 2008 - 02:18 PM

QUOTE (digiowl @ Jan 4 2006, 09:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
oh /THOU SHALT NOT USE MY NAME IN VAIN/ no, *ack* whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy whyyyyyyyyyyy lower airsoft to that levvel to *sob* thats one of the reasons why I stopped paintballjava script:add_smilie(%22:flush:%22,%22smid_103%22)

can you not say /THOU SHALT NOT USE MY NAME IN VAIN/?

Edited by KAG8893, 22 September 2008 - 02:18 PM.

I have guns.

#245 airsoftchannel.webs.com

airsoftchannel.webs.com
  • Interests:AIRSOFT!

Posted 22 September 2008 - 06:33 PM

a-censored.gif no airsoft is a fun game but not good for a platform game

#246 Guest_Classic-Ill_*

Guest_Classic-Ill_*

Posted 23 September 2008 - 08:09 AM

QUOTE (airsoftchannel.webs.com @ Sep 22 2008, 06:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
a-censored.gif no airsoft is a fun game but not good for a platform game

Pretty sure most online FPS have a custom game option for "One hit kills" isn't that EXACTLY what airsoft already is? Hm.

#247 One's all it takes

One's all it takes

Posted 04 October 2008 - 10:46 PM

I think there should be one.

For all of you saying it's a simulation of a simulation and you could just go out and play. What about the kid's who's parents won't let them play airsoft.
-If your parents don't pay for your airsoft, put this in your sig-

#248 Cryozen

Cryozen
  • Interests:Airsoft, tennis, video games (mostly RTS, FPS, and RPG), MMA, and visiting family in europe (doesnt happen much, but good times ensue)

Posted 05 October 2008 - 02:23 PM

QUOTE (One's all it takes @ Oct 4 2008, 10:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For all of you saying it's a simulation of a simulation and you could just go out and play. What about the kid's who's parents won't let them play airsoft.

A video game isnt going to be a suitable replacement. At least, IMO

98.476% of all forum-goers have a made up statistic in their sig. If you're one of the 1.524% that doesn't, put this in your sig.

I am no longer active here on ASF.

#249 One's all it takes

One's all it takes

Posted 05 October 2008 - 08:24 PM

QUOTE (Cryozen @ Oct 5 2008, 02:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A video game isnt going to be a suitable replacement. At least, IMO

I never said it would be but it's just like how you can't kill people in real life, video games are fine. If you can't play airsoft video games would be fine. For all of us who actually play airsoft it seems kind of stupid.
-If your parents don't pay for your airsoft, put this in your sig-

#250 Disco_Dante

Disco_Dante

Posted 05 October 2008 - 08:44 PM

There's no market for it. Paintball video games are just as stupid. I've never gone into best buy or electronics boutique and seen a paintball game.

#251 Zemanova

Zemanova

Taste my bullets, you'll feel no shame and no regret

• Elite
  • 5,349 posts
  • Interests:airsoft

Posted 18 October 2008 - 01:59 PM

I said no. my bro had the play tv paintball game with the light gun and I member seein him play that and how lame it was
Snayperskaya Vintovka Dragunova
QUOTE (Bomb has been planted @ Jan 2 2011, 11:56 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
real ak's come with dead tree

#252 tpkirk2k

tpkirk2k

Posted 14 November 2008 - 03:37 AM

I wouldnt like to see it....it would be like....the FPS(not feet per second lol) from hell

Edited by tpkirk2k, 14 November 2008 - 03:38 AM.

Current Arms:
Primary: KWA Km4l/G&G TopTech MP5A4/G&G Soc16(Alternated)

Side: KJW M9 Co2

#253 Fatboy 589

Fatboy 589
  • SOA Name: Fatboy 589

Posted 21 November 2008 - 07:45 PM

It's basically Call of Duty 4.
ohai

#254 StarvinMarvin

StarvinMarvin
  • Interests:My interests are Airsofting, hiking, and shooting real steel.

Posted 21 November 2008 - 09:57 PM

QUOTE (Fatboy 589 @ Nov 21 2008, 07:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's basically Call of Duty 4.

Was that a joke? I really hope it was...

#255 Fatboy 589

Fatboy 589
  • SOA Name: Fatboy 589

Posted 22 November 2008 - 11:56 AM

Hahaha yes, yes it was. Depending on my mood, it either was a joke, or it wasn't. Bahahaha.
Well, it kind of is XD
You run around with a gun and you shoot people. There's game types where you die you're out until the next round, a bit like Airsoft.
Customize your guns n' stuff. Lol.

Edited by Fatboy 589, 22 November 2008 - 11:57 AM.

ohai

#256 FrankiePawnage5

FrankiePawnage5

Posted 14 December 2008 - 07:53 PM

truth be told, I myself am a video game designer, and for the past few months I've been thinking and talking to my design team about it.
Current Primary

Current Secondary

#257 GoLgo 13

GoLgo 13

Posted 16 December 2008 - 08:38 PM

there already is an airsoft video game. It is for psp. You can download it here.

http://www.oresaba.jp/movie.html

*edit* You can't downlaod it until Xmas(Dec 25)

Edited by GoLgo 13, 16 December 2008 - 08:41 PM.

#258 Airsoftman04

Airsoftman04

Posted 20 December 2008 - 10:57 PM

Dude, if there was an airsoft video game it would suck. The whole point in playing airsoft is getting to act out milsim operations. Airsoft is like the closest you can get to war without being in it. So there is no point in having the game when you can do the real thing and the real thing is actually more fun.
AIRSOFTMAN04

-98% of members on public internet forums suck up to moderators if you are one of the 2% that thinks this is pathetic put this in your sig.
-If your parents don't pay for your airsoft, put this in your sig.
-96.4% of teens would die if ambercrombie and fitch said it was "uncool" to breathe. Put this in your sig if you would be 1 of the 3.6% that would die from laughing.

#259 Mr. Photo

Mr. Photo

Posted 03 January 2009 - 11:10 AM

Well they already made a game like that, it's called Call of Duty.
Capitalization defines the difference between "I helped my uncle Jack off a horse" or "I helped my uncle jack off a horse."

ODERINT DUM METUANT (Let them hate, so long as they fear)
As seen on the bag of Bioval .27g BBBMAX BBs.

A fight to the death between zombies has a few inherent problems.

#260 DarkOps Sniper

DarkOps Sniper

Posted 03 January 2009 - 11:29 AM

Uhhhh...NO

Isn't the whole point of airsoft to replicate real firearms??? Well I guess in a virtual world I wouldn't be worried of a 5.56 round in my shoulder while in real life on the other hand....but the point is//....It would be stupid to have an airsoft video game...A deathmatch with real guns seems more fun...I like those games were u can totaly upgrade your guns....but I still don't see the point of an airsoft video game...

#261 Z a c h

Z a c h

Posted 01 April 2011 - 03:54 PM

do they have games for r/c cars? no.

no airsoft game please....
kwa- m16a2 DMR

#262 2robert2

2robert2

Posted 05 April 2011 - 10:48 PM

QUOTE (hanyo66 @ Dec 31 2005, 06:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just think. The possibilites in the game would be endless. You could upgrade your guns and gear as you get better. I think that it would be great! Please vote and comment! a-salute.gif

hell no
KWA KM4A1 with Barska multi-reticle sight and meat tenderizer flash hider

#263 Third age

Third age

Posted 13 June 2011 - 07:08 PM

YES! But I think It would be awesome if you had to build the gun. Everything from the internals in the gearbox to the type of sights. So it teaches people how to disassemble certain guns while having fun with it.

#264 FSMSJ

FSMSJ

Posted 14 June 2011 - 04:05 PM

QUOTE (hanyo66 @ Dec 31 2005, 02:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just think. The possibilites in the game would be endless. You could upgrade your guns and gear as you get better. I think that it would be great! Please vote and comment! a-salute.gif

That is the most stupid thing I have heard in a LONG time. I hope that you are like 12, and didnt think this through.

Go play a first person shooter and think about it.

#265 Dmitri

Dmitri
  • Interests:Airsoft, philosophy, guns, hentai, scifi, and anime

• My Temperament:Melancholy

Posted 14 June 2011 - 05:41 PM

QUOTE (FSMSJ @ Jun 14 2011, 05:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That is the most stupid thing I have heard in a LONG time. I hope that you are like 12, and didnt think this through.

If that were true, he'd be 18 now and probably regrets making this poll. Also, WHY is this poll still alive??

The only person on this site to turn down an offer to be a mod.
Read if you dare: "The Ballad of the Crazy Airsmith"

Dmitri Kalashnikov is as smart as the asian guy from "The Green Hornet" Only with a lot more guns and a little red-neck

#266 FAILCOPTER

FAILCOPTER
  • Interests:Video games, airsoft(duh), and

Posted 14 June 2011 - 05:43 PM

QUOTE (Dmitri Kalashnikov @ Jun 14 2011, 03:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If that were true, he'd be 18 now and probably regrets making this poll. Also, WHY is this poll still alive??

Because people like you are posting that question.
That light at the end of the tunnel you see? It's a freight train.

QUOTE (Disco_Dante @ Jun 22 2011, 11:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You have been reborn in the fires of internet flaming, and like a phoenix from the flames, you now know how to use google and the search function to answer simple questions!

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.".... Sigmund Freud

Info on CA SB 798

#267 HITSCEO

HITSCEO
  • Interests:playing xbox. mainly halo or call of duty. if im in the mood, gears or gta. thats getting old for me though, which is why I joined here. to find people who play airsoft in my area so I can get off the console and into the field.

Posted 14 June 2011 - 10:29 PM

sorry, I know that this is a dead thread (and with good reason) but seriously? an airsoft video game? for who, the 500 pound fat f*ck who cant leave the house? wouldnt he just play any of the many first person shooters already on the market? seriously, the whole reason why I started playing airsoft was because I was getting sick of just playing fps games. the fact that half the time you have to deal with lag, and then other times you have to deal with people who mod their systems and cheat. the only cheating that you have to deal with in airsoft is people not calling their hits, and if thats the case, you just full auto the bejesus out of them until they cry and call the hit. whoever had this bright idea must have taken that light bulb atop their head, broke it open and started smoking meth out of it.
you shoulda shot yourself in the foot when it was in your mouth!

#268 TheMortisian

TheMortisian

Posted 13 August 2011 - 09:45 PM

QUOTE (aka Erky @ Dec 31 2005, 07:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Greg Hastings' Tournament Paintball doesnt suck =p

Its terrible
My name is Lord Herpus A. McDerpington

#269 t.crawford714

t.crawford714
  • Interests:Airsoft, Motorsports, Hunting, Fishing, CBs and Police Scanners
  • SOA Name: t.crawford714

Posted 25 August 2011 - 01:13 PM

If you need to get a hold of me Skype me at "t.crawford714"

QUOTE (FAILCOPTER @ May 2 2011, 06:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Heard about a conversation somewhere:

Reporter(female) So General what will you be doing when the little boys come
General-we are going to go camping and go shooting on the range
Reporter-Shooting?!?
General- Yes we are going to give them the proper saftey courses
Reporter- You are equipping them to be criminals and mass murderers
General- Excuse me ma'am but you are equipped to be a prostitute but are you???

Do you or your parents have an old/new POLICE SCANNER Send me a PM. WTB Thread

#270 Guest_gamerfreak_*

Guest_gamerfreak_*

Posted 25 August 2011 - 08:05 PM

One of the good things about airsoft is that it is an outdoor sport and it helps get kids away from video games cough COD. But yeah if you want to play a game might as well one that has actual guns. Plus would they add in how people don't call their hits?

#271 Lone Sniper

Lone Sniper
  • Interests:primarily a firearms aficionado, hobby gunsmith, handloading enthusiast, ballistics adventurer. <br />Got into airsofting recently and really like it. <br />also likes computers, FPS games, anime, movies, music, working with my hands, handyman work, and design/building things. <br />I also love big explosions and general pyrotechnics.

Posted 26 August 2011 - 04:44 PM

no, unless someone makes a Wii equivalent where physical movement is part of the game, otherwise all the existing FPS games out there such as counter strike already does more or less the same thing.

#272 RunnerGunner

RunnerGunner
  • Interests:airsoft

Posted 21 September 2011 - 03:03 PM

Whats the point of replicating a replication?
Also, to whoever says that we could upgrade the weapons, you can do that with a real firearm LOL.
I think that FPS games should incorporate a little more of that. Instead of just buying a "holographic sight", you can buy different models of holographic sights ( or even brand names like Eotech ), different parts whether it be internal or external, and actually have it effect your gun or character's performance.

#273 Raven

Raven

Posted 22 September 2011 - 11:50 AM

Lol..Replicated game, for a replicated milsim! Can't you already upgrade your guns in cod...

How about you go out and play airsoft instead of couchsofting a game in front of your flat screen.

Idea seems dumb, not gonna lie. Not trying to bash, just seems pointless.

Also

QUOTE (One's all it takes @ Oct 4 2008, 11:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think there should be one.

Honestly, if their parents aren't letting them play, They're probably not too responsible enough to handle the sport by themselves.

Edited by Volta, 22 September 2011 - 11:53 AM.

#274 JordanFireStar

JordanFireStar

Posted 03 August 2017 - 10:11 AM

I would love the idea of it, but it would be a simulation of a simulation and that probably wouldn't be the greatest idea.    I mean sure, you get to instant kill someone (if the game has that enabled) and other than that, theres not much difference between an airsoft video game and an FPS like call of duty because, well other than your shooting airsoft bullets and maybe its less violent mine as well just play CSGO or COD or Arma 3 or Insurgency or any of those games.   

#275 Ursu

Ursu

Posted 04 August 2017 - 10:28 AM

I don't think it would be a good idea, because there would be nothing spectacular about it. We already have Arma, CoD, Battlefield, Destiny and so on and a game about touching someone with a plastic pellet won't catch to the public. Upgrading your skills or appearances can already be done in other games. There can't be any explosions or blood or plot twists in such a virtual game. I just can't see what it can bring new.

#276 Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3

• My Temperament:Sanguine

Posted 06 August 2017 - 08:51 PM

The French tried this...they lost 20 million in the stupid project...

I rather use a "nightmare" that shoots like a dream over something that looks like a "dream" but shoots like a nightmare.

Don't fear the gun...fear the one that's wielding it!

#277 Ursu

Ursu

Posted 08 August 2017 - 08:29 AM

Although, if we were speaking multiplayer... that's a whole other deal. Being able to upgrade your internals so that the bb has a straighter and longer path and applying tactics with your friends in a mil-sim type of game could lead to different outcomes to a game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users