to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share

Important Announcement!

Our Pinzgauer Project is in "Pre Launch" - Click Here to let us know what you think before the project goes live.

Photo

Most embarrassing thing to happen to you in a game?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 TacticalAK47

TacticalAK47

Posted 27 July 2014 - 01:22 PM

What's the most embarrassing thing that has ever happened to you at a game? Things like, your voice cracks while you use a battle cry, or you're running and you fall down, or any awkward or embarrassing thing that has happened in a skirmish. I've not done a ton of skirmishes since I have no airsoft fields within hours of me, but one time, (at my friends brothers birthday party) I ran out into a field that looked clear, and out of nowhere I hear a shot from behind a truck, that looked clear, and a quick sting of a bb hitting me. I just said "Hit!" and walked back to respawn.

#2 JackOfHearts

JackOfHearts
  • Interests:Boy Scouts, hiking, the outdoors in general

Posted 01 March 2015 - 01:05 PM

I once forgot to bring mags for my pistol. To a pistols only game. Luckily I'm the medic so nobody noticed that I wasn't shooting 24/7.

"9. On second thought, just put the smoke on your vest. That'd be so rad"

The bombdigginistic bombdiggity.

"Throw a water bottle in between them, that's what we did with the kids in Afghanistan." - US Marine watching 2 young boys have a rubber knife fight at an airsoft match

#3 SCARwolf

SCARwolf

Posted 14 April 2015 - 10:18 AM

pants fell off... 

#4 Plasticnoob

Plasticnoob

Posted 16 April 2015 - 11:23 PM

I once forgot to bring mags for my pistol. To a pistols only game. Luckily I'm the medic so nobody noticed that I wasn't shooting 24/7.

8 month bump.........................

Probably not knowing the other team is beside you or who is on your team, theres a video about this and people just pass each other lol

#5 Deadman06271

Deadman06271
  • Interests:Airsoft, Automotive Tech, amateur metal melting and casting, nitro RC

Posted 19 April 2015 - 06:21 PM

after a few frustrating rounds with some cheaters (non hit calling, blindfire) at a CQB arena I decided to put in my headphones for a round or two to cool down, so I had some music playing not super loud but it did make it harder to hear what was around me, before I continue this I am gonna attempt to make a small map or something to show you the layout 

_d1 Him

d2|SP |  |             |R2  |                              SP = respawn room

|___| v __        |___|                              d1 = door 1

me---->|_B|          ___                              d2 = door 2

| OB|                             B   = box (just a cover element in the arena)

|___|                             R2 = room 2 (not important just part of the map)

OBJ = the objective that we were both heading to

now that the map is done I can continue, so I have my headphones in and im ready to roll, as soon as the buzzer goes off me and a team mate both rush for the OBJ im focused on whats straight in front of me and moving fast but not running, the other guy didnt have headphones on but was also rushing to the same spot as I was at the same speed, so as soon as I pass the corner of the respawn he slams into my side on accident knocking me to the floor and sending my holosight flying, the ref tower happens to be right above the space between R2 and the OBJ so the ref saw and stopped the game while everything was picked up and checked over. so basically I wasnt paying attention and ended up forcing the game to restart... oops... after that I took one headphone out and the game restarted and went alright 

146959804.jpg

I am the guy who uses confetti in grenade launchers and yells HAPPY BIRTHDAY! in the field 

#6 MrGearbox

MrGearbox
  • Interests:Airsoft internal work, helping others out.

Posted 19 April 2015 - 10:49 PM

Trying to be all sneaky with my gas pistol creeping around this building with a lake a few inches begins my heels. I slipped and fell in, ended up in the water searching for my gas pistol for 15min. The lake was waist height.
Ask the FB tech crowd. They have the most up to date methods on how to decrease performance.

#7 TacticalAK47

TacticalAK47

Posted 20 April 2015 - 01:53 PM

Did you find your pistol? If so, was it trash or did it still work?

#8 Ursu

Ursu

Posted 21 April 2015 - 03:48 AM

One time, at the beginning of a game away from my hometown, my pants cracked between my legs and I had no spare. So I gave them a quick sew and forced my team and the whole people present there to wait for me until I arrived at the start. The bad thing is they cracked again in the same spot, but I didn't care any longer and played the entire day with my undies in plain view.

#9 MrGearbox

MrGearbox
  • Interests:Airsoft internal work, helping others out.

Posted 23 April 2015 - 06:39 AM

Did you find your pistol? If so, was it trash or did it still work?

Yeah I found it and it worked, but it took a long time to clean.
Ask the FB tech crowd. They have the most up to date methods on how to decrease performance.

#10 TacticalAK47

TacticalAK47

Posted 23 April 2015 - 12:32 PM

Haha! I bet it did. Well at least you found it.

#11 Ursu

Ursu

Posted 12 May 2015 - 03:41 AM

My pants cracked right in the middle, showing my undies. Twice. And all the players had to wait for me to sew my pants, being the only one not present at the start line. And they were about 200.

#12 ryenleh

ryenleh
  • Interests:running, skateboarding, reading, and turtles

• My Temperament:7, 3, 6, 8

Posted 03 March 2016 - 02:21 PM

During my first day airsofting, at which I only caught the very end of rally up and found myself extremely confused throughout the entire game, I made a terrible mistake. I now know that at this field during this certain game mode, when you are hit, you can immediately go back to respawn after calling it. So, me not understanding this concept and having only played two previous medic games, where 'dead man walking' was shouted at me multiple times, when I got hit, I just stayed in the same place. This spot happened to be right smack in the middle of a firefight area in between cover and directly in front of my teammate trying to shoot around me. After a bit of yelling for me to move, I just started crying. I don't take pressure or scolding well and get upset quickly in high stress situations, especially when I don't understand the terms people are using. At that moment, about 8 of my teammates decided to rush directly from behind me to the front of me. I just curled up in a ball and let them all run over me, two of them tripping and a lot of them screaming at me to move over.

Then, when I stood up, I got lit up by the other team who thought I was still in the game and it just made me more upset and I ran away. I felt so stupid and was incredibly embarrassed. I didn't even want to walk back to the safe zone for fear someone would recognize me as the person who didn't get out of the way and call me an idiot or something. After I got home, I spent hours on Google trying to understand every rule of airsoft and every game mode and what was expected of me. I also never come late to rally up again.

completely new to airsoft

Playing in Sanger Tx

28btzzb.jpg

me: "describe me in one word."

my boyfriend's friend: "you wear hats."

21ay90g.jpg

#13 Ikilljoy

Ikilljoy
  • Interests:Milsim, Speed Ball, Militaria and vintage firearms, AR-15 building, Electric Guitars and Bass, Politics and History

• My Temperament:Salty

Posted 04 March 2016 - 09:55 AM

I fell in a shallow ravine, posterior first. Luckily the bottom was mostly mud so I didn't get any water in my boots. The sides were really steep, slippery, and muddy, so every time I tried to climb out I ended up looking like I was running on treadmill. Anyway, I must have yelled when I fell cause three guys from the other team showed up and lit me up good...And didn't stop even after I called hit. Then one of them said, "Look, the fat a** can't get out!" after they got bored and left, I remembered I had some cordage, so I pulled my parachord out of my pack and wrapped it around a tree and I used that to pull my own fat a** out. That was pretty humiliating...I expected more from an 18+ event.

#14 Akdust

Akdust
  • Interests:Airsoft, Warhammer, Opthalmic Studies.

Posted 05 March 2016 - 07:21 PM

So, first summer playing airsoft, I'm the new guy in a group of thirty or so players who've been at this for 4+ years on this particular field. For refference I am not new to combat sports and hold quite the reputation amongst medieval reinactors and paintballers, but only the guy that brought me out here knows this. So, second game of the day is a bunker assault with optional VIP assassination secondary objective. Right off the bat I break wide from the group with one in tow and make our way to a solid flanking position, wait out the time til the main groups engage in the fight and we begin to close in. 10 feet from the bunker with 4 players and the VIP inside I draw my sidearm knowing I cant take them all with a Surrender call.

Taking a breath I stand up over the edge of the barricade, level my 1911 on the VIP, squeeze the trigger and... Nothing. The safety is still on. I take about six rounds to the chest and make my way to the respawn.

#15 RandoMman

RandoMman

Posted 08 June 2016 - 06:16 AM

We were rushing up a hill to capture a fort. I was leading the charge with my M27 and I had just thrown a grenade (Which hit the side of the fort and rolled away...), so I kept firing from the crouching position to distract the enemies from my teammate who was running to the side window with his 1911. One of them noticed him, so I tried to get up and run closer. I slipped in the mud and landed vest-first on the ground. I was stupid enough to have my vest filled with 12 metal magazines, multiple grenades, batteries for my AEG, a gas pistol, extra mags for that (Metal again), and extra goggles. I couldn't get up until my teammates lifted me to my feet after the match. Lesson learned: Don't use an excessively heavy rig! 

#16 careless85

careless85

Posted 28 August 2016 - 06:49 AM

had to pull my trousers off in the safezone as a smoke grenade striker had set the smoke off in my pocket and was burning the crap outa me,

Edited by careless85, 28 August 2016 - 06:50 AM.

#17 Spectre77

Spectre77

Posted 30 August 2016 - 12:29 AM

Playing in a CQB game in a fairly dark enviroment (The Mall, Reading, UK). The objective was for two people to enter a room. One of them has to put on gloves made of cardboard and pick something up out of a container of ball-pen style balls, hand it to the other guy who had to do something or other with it. Anyway, the point is that after the game, the marshall told me and another guy who where on oppsite teams that we had scored a point together, and neither of us had noticed that the other was the enemy lol.

#18 seancsnm

seancsnm

• My Temperament:4,2,10,8

Posted 03 December 2016 - 09:56 PM

Was playing a "defend the landmark" game; me and one other guy defending vs. 3 attackers. I'm the newer guy so I'm told to guard right at the barricade of the spot we're defending, towards the woods while my teammate is sort of over the hill and across the road. He tells me to stay there no matter what. I hear a bunch of shooting of where he is, but he's pretty good at taking fire and surviving so I figure he's fine. I hear a bit of rustling in the woods, but there is almost no wind so I'm not quite sure what to think of it. It came and went once or twice so I suspected someone was creeping up but wasn't sure. I was fairly well-hidden so was fairly certain I'd see the guy sneaking through the woods before I saw him. A few minutes pass, and I hear my teammate calling. He was telling me to stay put, but I couldn't hear him so I got up,  turned around, and took about 10 steps towards him, trying to be somewhat quiet. Then, I take a nice solid shot right in the back. The guy who I had suspected was creeping through the woods finally made it through, and I had gotten up and turned around at the perfect moment for him to take a nice clean shot. This cost us the game as he soon took out my teammate as well.

Edited by seancsnm, 03 December 2016 - 09:58 PM.

#19 Thep660

Thep660
  • Interests:FNX-45, gotta love that moving brick

Posted 29 January 2017 - 07:31 PM

My Gun's Hop Up was waaay too high, even though it was off
It also ran outta batteries
switched weapons, kept fighting
Ran outta ammo on my sidearm
Killed 2 people, they got revived in front of me, and took me in.
Got used as a "Medic" meat shield the entire game.

#20 ObeliskTD

ObeliskTD

Posted 07 February 2017 - 01:48 PM

Last set of games I played had a good one.

Midway through a team deathmatch CQB game, I ran to a small piece of cover set up on an open pathway.  There's a sniper tower straight across from where the cover is positioned.  When I got there, I saw someone in the opposing sniper tower and panicked because he was looking right at me.  I went to take a step back and slipped on the sandbag holding the wood in place.  Fell on my butt and got shot in the head for my troubles.

I also scored a safety kill...in direct line of sight of a sniper.

#21 kdax52

kdax52

Posted 19 February 2017 - 10:43 AM

I have never had anything really embarrassing, but one of my friends did.  

We were holding a bunker(Backyard war, so it was a large divet in the ground at the turn of the driveway and about 6 feet higher than the surrounding area[except for the driveway]), but as half the enemy team was shooting at us we decided to make a tactical withdrawal. We were crouched down with bbs zipping over us, but he had a smoke grenade.  Perfect. If he throws the grenade to the base of the bunker we can escape behind the smoke.  He pulls out the grenade, then starts searching for something in his rig.

Me: "What's up?"

Him: "Ummmm"

Me "What?"

Him: "Do you happen to have a lighter?"

End of story, we both tried to pull out before they climbed up the wall and shot us point blank, and took about 15 rounds each.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users