to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share

Important Announcement!

Our Pinzgauer Project is in "Pre Launch" - Click Here to let us know what you think before the project goes live.

Photo

The Pinzgauer Project !

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 admin

admin
  • SOA Name: admin

• My Temperament:7,7,2,8

Posted 09 August 2014 - 04:43 PM

The Ultimate High-Mobility All-Terrain Vehicle

od712m_tn.jpg(click for larger image)

The Pinzgauer 4x4 and 6x6 military trucks are an all-terrain utility vehicle unlike any other. The Pinzgauer truck was first manufactured by Austrian based Steyr-Daimler-Puch. The first Pinzgauer came into service in the early to middle 1960s and has been very popular ever since.

The majority of Pinzgauers (also sometimes incorrectly spelled Penzgauer and Pingauer) that were released from the Swiss Army are in great condition for their age and yet can still be a little pricy with resell values anywhere between $10k - $50,000 USD. The Pinzgauer trucks are not only awesome cosmetically, but are incredible off road beasts that can handle pretty much any terrain they come across.

These trucks are quite different in performance and structural design from other common off road 4x4 trucks in that these Pinzgauers have a high ground clearance (16.5” under differential), almost 45 degree front and rear angle clearance and independent suspension all around.  Fording depth through water and mud is about 2-3 feet deep without any need for wading plugs.

When the first Pinzgauer trucks starting coming off the assembly lines, they were 3 times the cost of a new Land Rover model 110 and far surpassed the land rover design, engineering, and build quality.   The Pinzgauer was conceived with its target audience being 99% military, so cost didn’t really come into the equation.

The Pinzgauer 710 series 4x4 truck is relatively light weight at 5,300 lbs but can handle a payload of 2200 lbs.  The Pinzgauer has quite a bit of power with its rather special 2.5 liter four cylinder 90bhp air cooled gas engine.  The engine is mounted high above the front axle.  There are two oil pumps to ensure adequate oil circulation at any angle of inclination and twin down draft carburetors to get the fuel in quickly when needed. The dual carburetors will also operate at odd angles and /or with high G forces as well. Pinzgauer owners say that average fuel consumption is about 16-18 mpg for general use and when towing trailers up to 7,000 lbs fuel consumption levels never dropped below 13mpg. 

Air cooled engine means no radiator or radiator problems to worry about and the electrical system is a totally water proofed 24 volt system.  On asphalt or highway, you can drive with only rear axle and engage into four-wheel-drive by selecting a dashboard mounted lever which hydraulically engages the front axle. The differential locks are also available for front and rear axle independently engaged via the same hydraulic method and all available on the move without the need to stop or clutch the transmission or gear box.

The 6 wheel drive version, the 712M, has leaf springs in the rear for added weight capacity and can handle up to 3,300 lbs payload.  Most of the 712 series are hard sided bus like and fully enclosed that will make for a great ASF specialty vehicle to take to Airsoft Events.

We plan to purchase one and customize it to represent AirsoftForum.com. We will take this truck to various sporting and airsoft events to promote AirsoftForum.com. 

Depending on which sponsorship package you choose, we may paint or decal your name or website on the truck itself and we might also be bringing this Awesome Beast to your next airsoft event! 

Attached are some various Pinzgauer photos to give you some ideas on what we want to do with this truck. Pictured are both 710 and 712 models (4x4 and 6x6) versions of the Pinz.  Also listed with the photos is a green Dually. I have a white Chevy dually and will most likely be painting mine to a similar color scheme (Zombie Apocalypse Edition) and buying a trailer to tow the Pinzgauer with to airsoft events. If the event is close enough, we'll just drive the Pinzgauer there. But for events across the US, I'll probably tow the Pinz there with my dually.

We have over 60k members and granted not all of them are active, but..

If 800 people donate $20...

...or 200 people donate $100, we can make this concept a reality!

Click Here to Help us Buy It

Here are some images to get the gears going around in your mind with some possibilities...

Post your comments, suggestions and ideas below but more importantly, send what you can to help us make this happen

Attached Files

Posted Image
Click for Pinzgauer Project info !

#2 admin

admin

Posted 10 August 2014 - 11:30 AM

What YOU GET when you help us fund this project...

Donate $25 or more

We are very grateful for your financial support!
For donations of $25-$49, we will send you a custom ASF tee shirt from our online store and your ASF screen name will be proudly be displayed on the donation page showing your support for this project.

Donate $50 or more

For donations of $50-$99, we will send you 2 tee shirts that you choose from our online store. We will also proudly display your name on the donation page to inspire others.

Donate $100 or more

For donations of $100-$249, we will send you a tee shirt of your choice and proudly display your name (or website for business owners) on a special "Pinzgauer Contributor Page" showing our appreciation to those who have helped us make this project a reality in a significant way. This will be a presentation page for the project showing project details and contributing sponsors. Choose this donation package and your name will be permanently displayed with other significant sponsors.

Donate $250 or more

For donations of $250-$499, we will send you 2 tee shirts of your choice and proudly display your name (or website for business owners) on a special "Pinzgauer Contributor Page" showing our appreciation to those who have helped us make this project a reality in a significant way. This will be a presentation page for the project showing project details and contributing sponsors. Choose this donation package and your name will be permanently displayed with other significant sponsors.

Donate $1,000 or more

For anyone (or advertiser) who contributes $1,000 or more, you get all of the above PLUS we will bring the Pinzgauer to one of your events here in Michigan. Contribute $5k and we will take the Pinzgauer to your next event at your location (provided it is in the Continental USA). For contributions of $1k-$5k, we will also paint or decal your website or business name to the Pinzgauer itself and say, "Sponsored By" - listing your company or website on the truck when we get the custom paint or wrap for the vehicle.

In order to make a donation in any of the standard amounts, please use the donation page to select a choice from the drop down menu.  In order to send us $1k, $5k or any custom amount, please click here. For any amount $500 or more that you setup as a Recurring Monthly charge, we will also give you top of the line, full advertiser sponsorship with your website ad placements in every ad-zone. See our advertiser page for advertising details or click here to get setup.

Posted Image

#3 admin

admin

Posted 13 August 2014 - 07:33 AM

The only reason this isn't on Kickstarter is that if it fails on Kickstarter, he doesn't get the money, but here, he can keep it with no accountability in that situation.

Kickerstarter and other crowd funding sites typically do not allow this sort of donation as far as I know. But if you have some ideas on how to have some success on one of them, please let us know. Here are the top 10 sites...

http://www.crowdfunding.com/

as you can see from this link, kickstarter only allows creative type projects.

I really don't know that much about kickstarter or crowd funding websites. I just found out about them a few days ago wile trying to brainstorm on ways to raise money for this project so I think your post is pretty coincidental..

Here are some of my reasons why this project is not posted on websites like that:

1. This project is in PRE-LAUNCH - it has not even been announced to our members aside from this topic and the forum message above (asking for ideas) before we go live with it. When we are ready to launch the project it will be announced to all of our members in an email announcement and also promoted elsewhere on the internet. Before we announce the project to the world, we are trying to get ideas about the project, we are are trying to finish the website updates and repairs from the massive update and server migration from the last few days / week. (repairing the website themes, member posts, reinstalling modification, recovering lost traffic due to bad URLs, etc)

2. I believe Kickstarter has a 30 day time line. who knows how long this project will take to raise the money.

3. From my understanding, Kickstarter is for projects that benefit the community with regards to Art, Music, Creativity, Children, Sustainability, and things like that. How does buying a military truck to promote an Airsoft website have anything to do with any of those kickstarter reasons? 

If you want to help write an article or make a video that would in some way convey to the kickstarter members that this is a sustainable, artistic project that would benefit the local community, then by all means, please do so.

...not to mention that most of those types of sites charge anywhere from 5%-10% on top of the 3% paypal fees, so why would I do that when we can simply fund our own project without the fees?

Posted Image

#4 Greesmunky

Greesmunky

Posted 04 September 2014 - 09:34 PM

Here in Texas, the team that I am a member of, Clan Reckoning has a Pinz. Great vehicle, Check out the video with our modifications at:  http://www.youtube.c...h?v=yZ95tiPljrA.

There should be a few ideas there.

#5 Gunslingerpatriot

Gunslingerpatriot
  • Interests:Family , 4x4, guns

Posted 29 November 2014 - 10:07 AM

buy a 9 passanger suburban 4x4 with a 7.4 swap axels to rockwells your done

#6 JackOfHearts

JackOfHearts
  • Interests:Boy Scouts, hiking, the outdoors in general

Posted 14 April 2015 - 10:31 PM

While I realize how appealing the Pinz would be, I've found dozens or surplus military Deuce-and-a-half or HUMVEE's for a much more attainable price. Plus, there're a few in Michigan and the surrounding states, so you wouldn't have to spend god knows what to ship it from god knows where, and, at least to me, Humvee's seem more.... sexy. Pinz's look like toads. After all, Airsoft is 70% looks. Just my 192.69 DogeCoins.

"9. On second thought, just put the smoke on your vest. That'd be so rad"

The bombdigginistic bombdiggity.

"Throw a water bottle in between them, that's what we did with the kids in Afghanistan." - US Marine watching 2 young boys have a rubber knife fight at an airsoft match

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users