to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share

Important Announcement!

Our Pinzgauer Project is in "Pre Launch" - Click Here to let us know what you think before the project goes live.

Photo

Good AEG Rifle for beginner?

• Please log in to reply
63 replies to this topic

#41 Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3

• My Temperament:Sanguine

Posted 15 February 2017 - 04:27 PM

If you buy from high cost sites for low performance LIPO's...that is NOT my problem.  It's all on you and its your problem. You can ask and we can tell you.  But, when continue to rail against facts backed with supporting links....it's really not our issue and and we are not the ones that are incorrect.

BTW...I am not bothering to read the remainder of your post.  If you cannot format it in an easy to read format.  I am going to skip it.

Black letters with dark back ground...not going there.

Edited by Guges Mk3, 15 February 2017 - 04:28 PM.

I rather use a "nightmare" that shoots like a dream over something that looks like a "dream" but shoots like a nightmare.

Don't fear the gun...fear the one that's wielding it!

#42 jroble95

jroble95
  • Interests:https://youtu.be/rFMJ6eEKNMo

Posted 15 February 2017 - 05:21 PM

black letters with a dark background? I see white in bold on my side, want a picture?

alohamora harry

Also, prove that you can't trigger the failsafe as easily in those LiPos you are talking about as you could with a cheapo one off amazon. Give me the evidence if you want me to believe you. I haven't seen a single thing cited that I disagreed with or that disproved what I was saying. Be specific as you cant push generalizations if you don't even know the specifics.

Edited by jroble95, 15 February 2017 - 05:37 PM.

I honestly don't see the point in m4s, I get you like the platform and that's respectable but this is airsoft and the greatness of that platform in real life means nothing in this realm. Us humans are aesthetic creatures, we are not robots therefore someone who likes the m4 is atypical and that isn't in the good sense or the bad sense. The fact is that the ak isnt such a magnificent platform in real life and neither is the m4 but in airsoft you can determine easily whats good and whats bad with debate as there is more experience. The most knowledgeable wins every time. I have seen that the cyma's line of aks are the best budget and starter guns out there, and I will continue to attempt to convince as many people of this within reason.

how to properly gear as a contractor

#43 Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3

Posted 16 February 2017 - 11:13 AM

Courtesy my man, not everyone has a white on black background like you.

Or should I just do this?

Typing in white font with a white highlight!

What are you calling a fail safe?  The cut off on a charger?  

Also, why would I need to compare it to a LIPO on Amazon?  The ones there are not cheap, so really your point is moot.

There are far more sources of good batteries other than Amazon.  In fact if you want HIGH quality batteries...you do NOT buy them on Amazon.  You need to expand your world a bit more, otherwise you will not know of your better options and they are cheaper in many cases.

I rather use a "nightmare" that shoots like a dream over something that looks like a "dream" but shoots like a nightmare.

#44 Shearer

Shearer

Posted 18 February 2017 - 04:10 PM

Cyma AK or Combat raider M4. Both solid guns for a new player, available in the price range specified. With Cyma the .31's go well, I haven't tried a .28 or a .40

I'm in the "upgrade to Lipo batteries as soon as it's affordable" camp. Quicker trigger response might not make any real difference to your effectiveness in game, but snappier trigger = more fun, (not based on anything but my opinion).

Regarding chargers: https://hobbyking.co...ls-genuine.html I use that one. Not expensive at all, but almost idiot proof, once you have watched a youtube video on how to use it.

#45 Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3

Posted 18 February 2017 - 07:17 PM

That charger is good...but is DC only.

Make sure you have the proper PSU or a car battery to use it.

imaxb6.jpg

#46 jroble95

jroble95

Posted 23 February 2017 - 11:52 AM

hey guges, why don't you say something about his recommendation for combat machines, didn't you say they were alot of your repairs as a tech?

I honestly don't see the point in m4s, I get you like the platform and that's respectable but this is airsoft and the greatness of that platform in real life means nothing in this realm. Us humans are aesthetic creatures, we are not robots therefore someone who likes the m4 is atypical and that isn't in the good sense or the bad sense. The fact is that the ak isnt such a magnificent platform in real life and neither is the m4 but in airsoft you can determine easily whats good and whats bad with debate as there is more experience. The most knowledgeable wins every time. I have seen that the cyma's line of aks are the best budget and starter guns out there, and I will continue to attempt to convince as many people of this within reason.

#47 Shearer

Shearer

Posted 23 February 2017 - 03:18 PM

I would expect them to make up a large percentage of tech repair work, They are very very common especially amoungst newer players who can't/don't do their own work. If a tech said "I work on 10 combat machines for every 1 AK I work on" I would wonder if Combat Machines out numbered AK's 10 to one in his area. I'm a member of 2 airsoft clubs, one uses Cyma ak's (0.31) as their hire guns, the other uses CM 16 Raiders, and I have used both in skirmishes when a new player has expressed an interest in my gun, and I've decided to swap for a round or 2 to let him try it. I wouldn't have an issue with using either gun again.

I don't do the tech work on either, but it's done by a volunteer so I hope he chose to get guns that didn't require him to donate too much work (The club pays for the guns and any parts he needs, and he keeps them running). I haven't been a member (or a player) for very long, but the clubs that uses Raiders hasn't bought any new guns for a couple of years, and the parts budget was nearly nothing in the last financial reporting period.

People talk a lot about durability and upgradeable when it comes to guns, but IMO when you come into airsoft one of 3 things will happen: 1)you'll play a few games then stop playing much, 2) you will play occasionally (once a month or so) and enjoy it or 3) you will become an addict, and play all the time.

If you are in group 1 it doesn't matter what you buy, if your in group 2 both guns I've suggested will work, as would many other options, and if your in group 3 you will probably want to upgrade to higher end gun at some stage, and that stage will more than likely come before either a Cyma ak or a Combat machine has stopped working.

It's great to see the AK love, as it was barely mentioned anywhere 18 months ago, but the Combat machine still has a place in the "new player, new gun discussion".

#48 jroble95

jroble95

Posted 23 February 2017 - 05:22 PM

Can you actually get numbers on these things? Maybe get a hold of sales or ask some techs at your field about how many they work on vs how many are on the field. Also combat machines cannot be more durable than a cyma ak as combat machines are plastic with v2 gearboxes while cymas are full metal with v3 gearboxes, it just doesn't work that way. I never said that aks were comparable to m4s in performance as it's apples to oranges, my argument was for longevity, price and how good the deal is(full metal with v3 130$ vs plastic with v2 200$) failure rate is within the 99.999999% range for both weapons when firing so that isnt it.

Good for them, also I know this is conjecture but I think it means something. I heard that v3 gearboxes are easier to open up and work on, I think that it has to do with wiring and placement of parts and dissasembility of an ak but I wouldn't know as I don't do research on that as im not a tech.

If you want to play for more often you need a good gun, and here are the points as to why aks are better.

Longevity, we have stories of aks lasting 9 years without having to open them up. We calso have stories of 9 year old well guns but they lose all their externals and stuff.

Pointing, aks have a thin barrel that doesnt have alot of things on it so it points better than a gun with a thick cover on it.

Magazines, ak high caps hold more bbs, stay in the magwell without modification.

Rails, get a railed ak if you wanna add stupid stuff to it.

Sights, ak sights are pistol sights and are better for tracking targets as they have an open top. They are made for the distances you are engaging at for airsoft.

Looks, you can stain wood, gloss it, oil it, make it funky, do whatever you want with the wood but you can't do that with an m4 as they have no wood.

Modification, v3 gearboxes have wiring on the outside, thats all I know.

Handling, it weighs 7.5 pounds, if you can't handle that then your either 13 or out of shape, if your 13 just get a 74u.

#49 jroble95

jroble95

Posted 23 February 2017 - 05:26 PM

And for the new player thing, refer to these posts

Anything I missed on the pros of aks:

#50 Shearer

Shearer

Posted 24 February 2017 - 04:50 AM

All excellent points, and I wouldn't want JR or anybody else reading this thinking that I'm not saying the Cyma is a good beginner gun. I am saying a CM16 is also a good beginner gun. I would always advise somebody to handle a gun before purchasing it, either by borrowing one, or going to your local store (and then buying it from your local store, even if it means spending an extra $20, because it's very handy to have a local store).

I'm still coming at it from the point that longevity isn't a big deal, if your playing more than 25 games a year for 2 years, at that point you will be ready to upgade to a new gun whether your old one is working or not.

If your having trouble pointing a 90 cm gun that weighs 5 pounds then your either 13 or out of shape, if your 13 try shooting left handed so your strong arm is at the end of the gun furthest away from you :tongue: 

If a 400 round hi cap isn't enough ammo, then a 600 round hi cap really won't be either. I change mid caps when I'm respawning, and it's pretty rare I fire more 70 bb's in between deaths, if you only have 1 magazine, just top it up during respawn. The G&G's I used held their magazines fine, as did the cyma's. We have the same view rails, and I'm not to worried if my tools are pretty or not.

If your the OP, or somebody else new and you've read this far my last statement on the matter would be: If your buying an airsoft gun for $150 or less and you want it to last for as many years as possible, JR is right, the cyma ak is probably the best bang for your buck. Especially the one with the product number cm040 or higher. If your looking for a starter gun to let you play for a year or 2 while you wait till your sure you want to really dive in with a big purchase, try to think what that gun might look like. If you buy an AK, you will be left at the end with spare AK mags, and AK pouches. If your first purchase is an M4, you will have m4 mags and pouches. Either way, I'm not sure there is a right or wrong choice in airsoft, most long term players seem to have a collection of guns. 

#51 Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3

Posted 24 February 2017 - 08:29 AM

G&G's were far more plentiful due to G&G being in business about 6 years before CYMA came online.

Thus there were far more out there than CYMA.  I did a lot of repairs on them as a tech mainly due to the reason that the player thought they can just tear one apart and "upgrade" it willy nilly like a video game gun.  

Then when they realize they are in over their head due to no practical tools (or the fore sight to remove the screw that was covered by a sticker so they jam a flat head in the box and pry)...they give up and they have someone else fix it.

On a side note it took CYMA about 2 years to get their AK's right.  Early models were utter junk.  Brittle metal bodies that cracked when they tipped over, bad internal gears that chipped teeth like chicklets.

And you really need to stop trying to definitively categorize things.  Metal is Not always better than polymer.  Make the polymer right and it will be stronger than pot metal (which is what CYMA AK's are made of).  Things are dynamic and will vary "depending" on parameters.

Edited by Guges Mk3, 24 February 2017 - 08:31 AM.

#52 jroble95

jroble95

Posted 24 February 2017 - 11:18 AM

yes, its all quality. Also shearer, you don't need mag pouches when using high caps, I just run with some G&G .28s and every one of my kills is somewhere between 2 and 10 shots so my single mag lasts 6 hours. I usually refill if im below half at the resting area between games and if I forget my bbs I just shoot very conservatively.

Also, guges, this isn't 2008. It's 2017 and cyma makes damn good guns right now. Also, name a brand that can hold up to cyma for the same price that has plastic externals that are more durable. The closest thing I've seen to that is lancer tactical tbh.

Edited by jroble95, 24 February 2017 - 11:22 AM.

#53 Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3

Posted 24 February 2017 - 04:39 PM

You learn from history or you will make the same mistakes again.

You hold CYMA in very high regard, but there are things you don't know about CYMA and that little tidbit I tossed out about your FAV company is a fact.  But,they "grew" and evolved into a better company.   However, they Do Not Make all of their guns.

Name a company.  Sure JG

#54 jroble95

jroble95

Posted 25 February 2017 - 07:02 PM

You hold CYMA in very high regard, but there are things you don't know about CYMA and that little tidbit I tossed out about your FAV company is a fact.  But,they "grew" and evolved into a better company.   However, they Do Not Make all of their guns.

Name a company.  Sure JG

Yes, they have quality control issues, theres this thing called returning a product because it doesn't work or work well out of the box.

Cite an example of a JG that is 123$+15$ shipping(as you get confused easily) that has full metal externals(with less pot metal than cyma) with real wood or has a better gearbox. Then prove that it does that with evidence, do a pros and cons list with evidence.

Edited by jroble95, 25 February 2017 - 07:02 PM.

#55 Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3

Posted 26 February 2017 - 10:15 AM

I don't get confused when you cite solid criteria.  This is new for you...keep it up.

But, to compare apples to apples...please link me the AEG that I have to beat.

#56 WeeGee

WeeGee

Posted 26 February 2017 - 01:32 PM

You hold CYMA in very high regard, but there are things you don't know about CYMA and that little tidbit I tossed out about your FAV company is a fact.  But,they "grew" and evolved into a better company.   

Yup, back in the day they were known as Crap Your Money Away.

Bad grammar makes me [sic].
Never seek out malevolence as an explanation, when incompetence is far more likely.

#57 Channing Kaylyn

Channing Kaylyn

Posted 26 February 2017 - 11:23 PM

For the best starter rifle, a friend highly recommend  me to get Savage Stevens. Otherwise, you could also check about .22 caliber rifle and Remington 870. Those are among the best firearms choices of  a lot of beginners for outdoor.

Edited by Channing Kaylyn, 26 February 2017 - 11:26 PM.

#58 Hangtight

Hangtight

Posted 27 February 2017 - 02:06 AM

Errrm... Airsoft forum?

#59 jroble95

jroble95

Posted 28 February 2017 - 02:59 PM

im not replying as airborne threatened to permaban me if I disagree with anyone anymore.

#60 Shearer

Shearer

Posted 28 February 2017 - 03:42 PM

For the best starter rifle, a friend highly recommend  me to get Savage Stevens. Otherwise, you could also check about .22 caliber rifle and Remington 870. Those are among the best firearms choices of  a lot of beginners for outdoor.

While we are waiting for this to be deleted, I'll just point out the obvious, Savage Stevens do not make airsoft guns. If you turn up to an airsoft game with a real firearm, At the very least you will be asked to leave, at the high end police will be called.

#61 Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3

Posted 28 February 2017 - 04:12 PM

im not replying as airborne threatened to permaban me if I disagree with anyone anymore.

With in reason right?   Because it is pretty blatant that you do not ask about real firearms on an Airsoft site.

#62 jroble95

jroble95

Posted 03 March 2017 - 12:12 PM

http://www.airsoftme...yma-cm047d.aspx

130.56$ for a cm047

#63 Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3

Posted 03 March 2017 - 01:20 PM

JG does not make that model, so I can't really do a like for like comparison.

#64 Hangtight

Hangtight

Posted 03 March 2017 - 07:22 PM

Cyma for an AK, G&G Cm16 if you fancy an M4/16, JG G36... all offer very useable performance for not a whole lot of cash, all are worth a few well chosen upgrades. All will be a good back up or loan gun if you decide to buy something more expensive in the long run.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users