to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share

Important Announcement!

Our Pinzgauer Project is in "Pre Launch" - Click Here to let us know what you think before the project goes live.

Photo

Plasti Dip painting project

theory painting

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 ghilliesuitsniper

ghilliesuitsniper

Posted 04 June 2016 - 09:54 PM

Hey guys, I'm looking to paint my Tippman Arms M4. I was reading up on different paints to use and styles, when I rolled across Plasti Dip. So I did Some research on it and found videos of people painting Cars, Rims, pretty much anything they wanted! Then I looked up methods of removing the paint and saw that it was like removing one big sticker. So, I thought to myself, I wonder if you could use this paint as a base paint, then over top of the Plasti Dip, paint of the camo the user has chosen, then if he or she wanted to sell the gun and remove the paint job, all they would have to do is remove the "sticker" paint job, and wha-la, original paint, and original looking gun.

My question is, has then ever been done before, have you ever heard of someone doing this, if so, did it work well? Finally, I live in western Pennsylvania and was wondering good camo patterns for the conditions that are presented throughout the year, basically looking for something that will blend in all seasons but winter. I was thinking of a snakeskin weathered look, or just a weathered look. Many questions to be answered, and would like some help answering them.

Thanks in Advance

Robbie

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: theory, painting

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users