to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share

Important Announcement!

Our Pinzgauer Project is in "Pre Launch" - Click Here to let us know what you think before the project goes live.

Photo
- - - - -

More, more members please!

4 replies to this topic

#1 Reaper1..

Reaper1..

Who wants to play throw the live grenade!?

• Moderator Level 2
  • 1,770 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft, Girls, Beer, mudding,

Posted 16 October 2016 - 11:07 AM

I would like everyone's idea about this. It seems over the past 2-3yrs the forum seems to be dying out. "Lacking of members" I like to say. Facebook could be the blame for a good portion of it, as well as other forums. I am curios, I would like to know from you guys how you think we could get get more members. Also, why you think we have lost so many, and what we could do to keep our members. 

Please keep this on topic!  :meh: 

Posted Image
Made by coin3

Let the chair throwing begin

ASF offical man of military.. Elite statues please<
http://www.airsoftfo...to-t172907.html

I kneel to my enemy, to hold his bloody dying body. And I say, If I can forgive you so can god. And he slips away peacefully into eternal sleep.

#2 Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3

• My Temperament:Sanguine

Posted 17 October 2016 - 07:11 PM

FB is the way most kids think now days...they need the instant reply.  

Problem is its a terrible platform for conveying information.

The ones that want information come to the forums.  The ones that pose...they stay on facebook.

I rather use a "nightmare" that shoots like a dream over something that looks like a "dream" but shoots like a nightmare.

Don't fear the gun...fear the one that's wielding it!

#3 Shutaro

Shutaro

Posted 05 November 2016 - 06:26 PM

I think it's already lost critical mass, hard to get that back once you do.  Problem is the forum isn't maintained very well, it will go down for weeks on end due to 'database errors' and what not.  Every time this happens, more people just write it off.

Facebook actually isn't too great for anything informational, sure it's popular and accessible but information doesn't have a lot of persistence and it requires a lot of active time in order to get anything out of it.  A site like youtube is far better, sure there is a lot of junk there but I can easily find and watch a video from many years ago, and if you have a common problem, you can also often find exactly (or close) to what you need with a little searching. 

#4 Phil2

Phil2
  • Interests:Chairsofter

Posted 27 December 2016 - 02:24 PM

I think its a trend overall for dedicated, single-focus forums. 

The only ones I see that continually remain active are: 

1. tech related forums, esp. comp-sci (ie xda).

2. life-long interest forums (ie photography)

3. profession-related (ie law) 

Even among those, a few become the "hub" and the rest are dying out as well.

A stereotypical airsofter is a 16-year old who plays for 5-ish years and lose interest (at least in the US).

We as an overall group do not fall into one of these three categories (emphasis on "AS AN OVERALL GROUP).

it's just the nature of the beast, imo. 

ARRRRRRGH

#5 Spectre1995

Spectre1995

Posted 16 February 2017 - 01:30 AM

Well, I'm late to the party but I'm here now! Glad to be a part of the community.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users