to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share

Important Announcement!

Our Pinzgauer Project is in "Pre Launch" - Click Here to let us know what you think before the project goes live.

Photo
- - - - -

Where to practice?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 scuba73

scuba73

Posted 09 January 2017 - 03:53 PM

Hello, new to airsoft here... Where does everyone practice airsoft without getting in trouble due to the airguns looking just like real firearms?

My backyard is maybe 75 feet across, I would like to head out somewhere like a park but not sure that's a good idea?

thanks

#2 itsahak

itsahak
  • Interests:Mixed Martial Arts, airsoft, books, movies.

Posted 10 January 2017 - 07:53 AM

Please do not display your replicas in a public viewable area... In today's world that will only lead to trouble. It severely limits your usable area, but keeps you off of the news...

Wil
See how easy life can be?

#3 Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3

• My Temperament:Sanguine

Posted 10 January 2017 - 08:54 AM

You should find venues out of the view of the public.  If you have a 75' back yard.  That is a good start.

In this day and age...Do Not Brandish your Airsoft Replica in public.  

You may get shot for real...

Edited by Guges Mk3, 10 January 2017 - 06:36 PM.

I rather use a "nightmare" that shoots like a dream over something that looks like a "dream" but shoots like a nightmare.

Don't fear the gun...fear the one that's wielding it!

#4 airborne101

airborne101

If you have a problem, and no one else can help...

• Forum Administrator
  • 11,237 posts

• My Temperament:Melancholy

Posted 10 January 2017 - 06:32 PM

"Practice" when you play. I like to attend regular weekend games (short 15-30 min games throughout the day) at my local field. It's great because I can test new gear and guns, and make tweaks or notes between games. It also allows me to try a new tactic or such, and since respawn is pretty much instant, if I screw it up the first time, I have several more tries to get it right in that game alone. 

#5 Stormy18

Stormy18
  • Interests:Shooting, Airsoft, Crossfit, Martial Arts, Science, History, Reading

Posted 10 January 2017 - 08:57 PM

So, Here's a big question, what sort of fields do you have to play at nearby? Is it Outdoor? Indoor? Big? Small? Field or CQB? 

That will dictate what you need to focus on.

"The M240B, thirty pounds of twisted steel and sex appeal..." - SSG Abel, BWIQT instructor, FLARNG.
"If he don't listen, give him a muzzle thump, send that b**** to see the wizard..." - SSG Abel, BWIQT instructor, FLARNG.

#6 scuba73

scuba73

Posted 10 January 2017 - 09:13 PM

Ok thanks very much for your suggestions. I guess I practice in my basement if I need to familiarize with the weapons, reloading, and so on.
Not sure I can do much on the yard without raising the interest of the neighborhood.
To answer stormy18,.. I am still learning what fields are around me. I have indoor cqb at 2h drive, I have a paintball/airsoft urban field at 35minites, but it's awful weather now in Illinois.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users