to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share

Important Announcement!

Our Pinzgauer Project is in "Pre Launch" - Click Here to let us know what you think before the project goes live.

Photo
- - - - -

(Help needed) WE G18 Disassembly Issue

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jmflem

jmflem

Posted 10 January 2017 - 05:53 PM

I own a WE G18 and I absolutely hate it, so I want to get rid of it. I'd like to just throw it in the trash, but I also want to get at least some of my wasted money back. Before I try to sell it I figured I should take it apart and clean it up...the thing is I can't. For some reason the slide refuses to come off. I have removed the magazine and made sure the hammer was primed so that it was out of the way, but when I pull on the slide release tabs and push on the slide it simply wont move. Do any of you guys have any idea what could be wrong, or if there's any other way I can remove the slide?

FYI the last time I used the gun was last summer and it functioned fine, but I don't remember if I had attempted to remove the slide. It has been sitting in a case since then.

Thanks in advance for any help.

#2 Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3

• My Temperament:Sanguine

Posted 10 January 2017 - 06:24 PM

Yeah...your hammer is partially up and the back of the BBU is hitting it.

You have to hook a small Allen wrench into the back and Hold down the hammer as you slide it forward.

I rather use a "nightmare" that shoots like a dream over something that looks like a "dream" but shoots like a nightmare.

Don't fear the gun...fear the one that's wielding it!

#3 jmflem

jmflem

Posted 11 January 2017 - 04:32 PM

Yeah...your hammer is partially up and the back of the BBU is hitting it.

You have to hook a small Allen wrench into the back and Hold down the hammer as you slide it forward.

I am able to normally prime it back and release the hammer though via the trigger. But if that is the case, how can I access the hammer? I cant see it since its blocked by the gas nozzle.

Edited by jmflem, 11 January 2017 - 06:57 PM.

#4 Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3

• My Temperament:Sanguine

Posted 12 January 2017 - 11:46 AM

That is not the back, that is the front.

The back is the lower left in this picture.

47457s8.jpg

Hook an allen wrench into the hole in the right, rotate and hold the hammer down as you release the slide.

I rather use a "nightmare" that shoots like a dream over something that looks like a "dream" but shoots like a nightmare.

Don't fear the gun...fear the one that's wielding it!

#5 jmflem

jmflem

Posted 12 January 2017 - 07:52 PM

That is not the back, that is the front.

The back is the lower left in this picture.

[...]

Hook an allen wrench into the hole in the right, rotate and hold the hammer down as you release the slide.

Sorry there was some miscommunication there  :tongue: . I know where the hammer is, just thought you meant something else. You were right about the hammer slightly being in the way. As far as the hole there on the back of the slide, it isn't actually a hole, but rather just an indent for aesthetic reasons. However, I was able to fit a razor blade into the gap between the slide and lower receiver, and I got the slide off. Thanks for the help.

As far as why it wouldn't come off, from looking at it I think it was simply because there was too much friction and a piece of the hammer which is meant to spin smoothly/freely wasn't, if that makes sense. The hammer was slightly sticking up, but I think it's normally like that--the underneath of the slide is actually sloped at the rear as if it's supposed to slide over the hammer during disassembly, just this time there was too much friction so it wouldn't budge.. So hopefully I can fix it with a bit of oil. If not I'll take it apart and look at it deeper.

Thanks again!

Edited by jmflem, 12 January 2017 - 08:04 PM.

#6 BornAgainTacTim2nd

BornAgainTacTim2nd

Posted 26 January 2017 - 02:02 AM

Be careful using any petroleum based oils.

As another member suggested even with the hammer cocked it can still impede and catch on the slide backing plate. Use a flashlight and look just under the bottom edge of that plate to insure it readily clears the hammer.
If the slide can freely move on the frame I would still think it's catching on the hammer. I will use a thin screw driver and weasel it in to hold the hammer down. Yes it takes like 3 hands.
On real Glock's I will just remove that plate with the slide in a rearward position. Obviously not as easy to do on Airsoft.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users