to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share

Important Announcement!

Our Pinzgauer Project is in "Pre Launch" - Click Here to let us know what you think before the project goes live.

Photo
- - - - -

ASG CZ P-09; Propane Compatible?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Spectre1995

Spectre1995

Posted 16 February 2017 - 01:41 AM

I just picked one of these (http://www.airsoftex...e-w-gg-magazine) up from Airsoft Extreme, and I'm wondering what the effects would be if I were to use propane instead of green gas? I fired about 150 rounds through it earlier today to get a feel for the gun with green gas, and I have a local source for propane at $2 a can, so naturally it would be much more cost efficient to use propane instead of $10 cans of green gas. 

The only issue is, I'm not certain that the gun is built to handle the (slightly) increased pressures that propane generates. Would I need to do any sort of upgrades to make it work, or is it generally accepted that anything built to handle green gas can handle propane just as well?

Both the frame and slide are polymer.

#2 Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3

• My Temperament:Sanguine

Posted 16 February 2017 - 08:48 AM

In the US Green Gas has been "propane" for the last 9 years.

So wit that...yes it can.

You can also use Propene in cooler temps as well as an Iso-butane blend.

I rather use a "nightmare" that shoots like a dream over something that looks like a "dream" but shoots like a nightmare.

Don't fear the gun...fear the one that's wielding it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users