to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share

Important Announcement!

Our Pinzgauer Project is in "Pre Launch" - Click Here to let us know what you think before the project goes live.

Photo
- - - - -

Gate TITAN + ICS MK3 (V2 Split Gearbox) - Safety Lever Problem

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Crypt

Crypt

Posted 16 February 2017 - 02:15 AM

Good Day!

I just finished installing and testing functions of my Gate TITAN Mosfet.  Every function works perfectly, light reads are picking up the Selector Plate, Gear and Trigger perfectly..  but I have run into an issue regarding putting the gearbox back together, hoping anyone has an idea or two to spare my way!

FYI, I am running an ICS PAR MK3 CQB (V2 Split Gearbox).

Stock Safety Lever Position:

20170215_155310_003_zpsxjnhv1xn.jpg

The MOSFET has a 4 pin plug for the upper half right near the trigger, it is directly in the way of where the lever has to go, it will not fit in that location and no way to move it.

20170215_222020_zpsbm7pai1a.jpg

Any ideas as to what I can do to remedy this? Is the gun able to operate fine without it installed?  

Thanks ahead of time!

Edit:  I am only checking due to ICS having a few of their custom situations with the gearbox, spring tension relief and the like.

Edited by Crypt, 16 February 2017 - 02:24 AM.

#2 Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3

• My Temperament:Sanguine

Posted 16 February 2017 - 08:44 AM

Sadly you will be the trail blazer here.

ICS mechboxes are one off.  The Gate unit is designed for "standard" TM Type mechboxes.

You may need to start removing material in the shell.

I rather use a "nightmare" that shoots like a dream over something that looks like a "dream" but shoots like a nightmare.

Don't fear the gun...fear the one that's wielding it!

#3 Crypt

Crypt

Posted 16 February 2017 - 01:55 PM

Not a problem in the least! I couldn't seem to catch much sleep so I went ahead and did some modifications last night. I will honestly be posting up a How To regarding this, as it is anything but a drop in regarding the ICS box.

For this situation, I checked on the functions of the lever, as well as how the spring release works and have concluded that there should be no need to have it be required. Due to the nature of the Mosfet it doesn't require a trigger lock to prevent the trigger from firing. as long as you adjust all of the reflector material for the light sensors and properly tune it.

Will keep an update going on this post and eventually put up a How To.

#4 airborne101

airborne101

If you have a problem, and no one else can help...

• Forum Administrator
  • 11,212 posts

• My Temperament:Melancholy

Posted 16 February 2017 - 05:57 PM

Check the instructions if it came with any, but you are going to have to remove that safety bar. The Gate Titan copies the board of the BTC Spectre pretty closely and the safety bar has to be removed to install that too. 

Removing it wont cause any problems, however the side effect from doing so means that your trigger is no longer mechanically blocked in safe. You can still pull it and it would move like when the selector is in one of the fire modes. The Gate picks up the position of the selector plate (I'm guessing there are 2 small switches on the back like the Spectre). When the selector plate is in safe, neither of the switches are engaged, preventing the gun from firing. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users