to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share

Important Announcement!

Our Pinzgauer Project is in "Pre Launch" - Click Here to let us know what you think before the project goes live.

Photo
- - - - -

Goggles that don't fog

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 TOASTERATOR

TOASTERATOR
  • Interests:Airsoft, video editing

Posted 21 April 2017 - 01:06 AM

I've had the Revision "thermal" lens for the desert locust goggles for a while now, and it's one of the best airsoft-related things I have bought.  I'm not sure why people still bother to use anti-fog spray or wipes etc, because this type of lens has been around for a while.  For some reason, a lot of airsoft players don't know about them and just deal with having foggy goggles. 

Anyway I made an informational video about them here:

YouTube - TOASTERATOR Airsoft

1080p60fps Airsoft gameplay, guides, etc.

#2 Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3

• My Temperament:Sanguine

Posted 21 April 2017 - 07:14 AM

If one does not have any experience, one will not do the right thing.

Retailers are not doing most players a service either.  The pollution of low end products by companies that want to make a quick buck has not helped the industry.

I used to work for an Airsoft supplier that got these lab goggles rejects.  Poor ventilation, bad visibility and just looked stupid.  But, he got them for 1.30 each and then flipped them to stores for 5.40 each...

"We made great margin!"

I fought with this guy for months...I was eventually ousted...he kept his job...but now this company went from a 40 million dollar a year company to just under 11...and they are still dropping...hmm...great idea...

But another thing about thermal lenses.   You still need to keep hot moist air out of the interior goggle space.  

The lenses themselves is not the be all to end all.

Auxiliary ventilation is still require and a sweat band that keeps excess moisture from dripping in will significantly help keep your googles from fogging up and that includes thermal lenses.

I rather use a "nightmare" that shoots like a dream over something that looks like a "dream" but shoots like a nightmare.

Don't fear the gun...fear the one that's wielding it!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users