to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share

Important Announcement!

Our Pinzgauer Project is in "Pre Launch" - Click Here to let us know what you think before the project goes live.

Photo
- - - - -

Low FPS issue.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Dr. Frankenstein

Dr. Frankenstein
  • Interests:Making unique airsoft rifles.

Posted 08 January 2018 - 07:44 PM

Howdy,
My issue is low FPS on a new unfielded ICS CXP M4, Normal FPS was supposed to be 360-390. But here is what I did, I turned the CXP into an SPR and added a madbull 509mm 6.01 tbb, and thats it for now. I took it to the shop to chrono and then field test, 298 FPS and a 72 pace range which translates to roughly 150ft. Im hoping someone has some insight into why the FPS is so low and what I can do to fix it.

Thanks!
It's alive!!! Mwahahahaha!

#2 Hellion_Blade

Hellion_Blade

Posted 08 January 2018 - 09:20 PM

how long was the original inner barrel length? it could be that there isn't enough air in the cylinder to get the BB all the way out the barrel under pressure.

what happens is, the BB gets like 3/4 of the way down the barrel but runs out of air pushing it forward. it starts to create a vacuum behind it because theres no air in the gap behind the BB that keeps expanding as the BB makes out that last 1/4 section. Its like the same idea as dipping a straw in a drink and holding your finger on the end of the straw to trap the liquid from falling out as you raise the straw from the glass.

The solution is to put the old barrel back in or get a bore-up/unported cylinder. its also possible that you messed up the install and you have an air leak.

ECHO 1 ASR
ECHO 1 G36C
CYMA AK-103

Double Eagle M3 Trishot
KJ Works P229

#3 Dr. Frankenstein

Dr. Frankenstein
  • Interests:Making unique airsoft rifles.

Posted 08 January 2018 - 10:06 PM

The original barrel was about 180mm so it was a significant lengthening. I’m new to the ICS split gearboxes, do they use the same bore up cylinders as the usual v2 gearboxes?
It's alive!!! Mwahahahaha!

#4 Hellion_Blade

Hellion_Blade

Posted 09 January 2018 - 10:22 AM

No doubt then your original cylinder is probably ported to only have enough air for that short barrel. you want a cylinder with no port for sure and almost 100% sure you want a bore up cylinder. That means you need a bore up cylinder head and piston head too btw.

I'm fairly sure that they do. you might want to look for ICS brand parts. their stock and aftermarket parts aren't bad at all and sure to fit into their own model.

https://www.evike.com/products/26060/

https://www.evike.com/products/26053/

https://www.evike.com/products/28027/

Edited by Hellion_Blade, 09 January 2018 - 10:31 AM.

ECHO 1 ASR
ECHO 1 G36C
CYMA AK-103

Double Eagle M3 Trishot
KJ Works P229

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users