to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share

Important Announcement!

Our Pinzgauer Project is in "Pre Launch" - Click Here to let us know what you think before the project goes live.

Photo
- - - - -

Aeg Wont Fire

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 arudd17

arudd17
  • Interests:Airsoft, Sports, Video Games

Posted 25 February 2006 - 02:05 PM

I just got my AEG yesterday. I shot a few rounds before I went to sleep that night. When I woke up the next morning, I went outside to shoot it, but it wasnt working. The battery was fully charged and I had a full magazine. Ive had it for two days now and its not working. Its a TM M4A1.

Please help me.

Im gonna go to the local airsoft store later on tonight or sometime this week if I cant fix it.

Thanks
Please don't link to crap like that in your signature (the video) or your signature will be removed again. thank you.

#2 arudd17

arudd17

Posted 25 February 2006 - 02:49 PM

please help me
Please don't link to crap like that in your signature (the video) or your signature will be removed again. thank you.

#3 Razorwind

Razorwind
  • Interests:Airsoft, acoustic guitar, bass guitar, chillin' with my friends, church

Posted 25 February 2006 - 03:01 PM

Is it trying to shoot? or is it not making any noise at all? It may just be a jammed BB.

Edited by Razorwind, 25 February 2006 - 03:02 PM.

Thanks to both BioSpiN and ogaboga for this sig!

#4 arudd17

arudd17

Posted 25 February 2006 - 03:09 PM

QUOTE (Razorwind @ Feb 25 2006, 02:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is it trying to shoot? or is it not making any noise at all? It may just be a jammed BB.

its not making any noise at all.

How do I unjam a BB?

#5 Qmeister

Qmeister
  • Interests:Airsoft............. and well thats it. sad i know

Posted 25 February 2006 - 03:18 PM

recharge your battery. for the full time. check your connections. try checking your motor connections. that may be it.
"The answer isn't less guns, it's more." -Denny Crane, Boston Legal
"...Are there any guns in here?" - Brad
"there are a lot of guns" -Denny Crane

#6 arudd17

arudd17

Posted 25 February 2006 - 03:38 PM

How do I check those connections? I just got it a day ago. It shouldnt have any problems at all.

#7 hoy pinoy!!

hoy pinoy!!
  • Interests:AIRSOFT, Xbox Live, Pocketbikes, movies, Listening to music, chillin, tv, football, hockey, Short track/speed skating.

Posted 25 February 2006 - 04:42 PM

Well to unjamm a bb get a rod that'll fit down the barrel, then if it dosent work its way all the way to the end of the barrel you might have a jam.
sig removed for being too large [NGOB]

#8 trancenation

trancenation

Posted 25 February 2006 - 07:25 PM

try first unjamming the bb with the rod given also make sure there are not projectiles in your barrel. make sure your fuse may not be blwon. what kind of battery are you using for it?

try first unjamming the bb with the rod given also make sure there are not projectiles in your barrel. make sure your fuse may not be blownn. what kind of battery are you using for it? to check the connections unscrew the 2 screws at the bottom of the handgrip becareful to see if the two plugs the red and black ones are connected. also to check the fuse look at the thingy in the plastic tube in the handgrip where you put the battery

#9 some_guy22

some_guy22

Posted 25 February 2006 - 09:07 PM

well, first off.... you do have the safety off right? did you buy this gun used? brand new TM's rarely have problems out of the box, or even after extended use. when I say rare, I've probably read maybe 2 or 3 threads in about 2 years that concern TM's not firing out of the box.

#10 arudd17

arudd17

Posted 26 February 2006 - 12:02 AM

Right out of the box.

Im not gonna mess with it, im just taking it to my local airsoft store and have them take a look at it to prevent further damage or problems

#11 Spring Plinker

Spring Plinker

Posted 26 February 2006 - 12:27 AM

Just return it, all you really did was charge the battery and put some bbs in the magazine and tried to shoot it. It didnt work, you deserver another one. You got a lemon!

#12 arudd17

arudd17

Posted 26 February 2006 - 12:38 AM

QUOTE (Spring Plinker @ Feb 25 2006, 11:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just return it, all you really did was charge the battery and put some bbs in the magazine and tried to shoot it. It didnt work, you deserver another one. You got a lemon!

Your right, but thats easier said than done. Id have to contact the Redwolf staff and tell them it doesnt work, they will complain that I broke it.

Then if they agree to give me my money back, Id have to box it all up, and send it back to Hong Kong.

Unless the say ok send it back and we'll send you a new one, I'll go ahead and do that; otherwise im going to my local airsoft store and have them take a look.

#13 arudd17

arudd17

Posted 26 February 2006 - 02:14 AM

I was wondering, I got my gun upgraded to 400 FPS. Would a 9.6V 1700 MaH battery be able to power this upgrade?

If not it may be the problem... any feed back on this?

#14 some_guy22

some_guy22

Posted 26 February 2006 - 02:49 PM

QUOTE (arudd17 @ Feb 25 2006, 11:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was wondering, I got my gun upgraded to 400 FPS. Would a 9.6V 1700 MaH battery be able to power this upgrade?

a 9.6 would pull a 400 fps spring back easily

#15 killman3680

killman3680
  • Interests:airaoft, airsoft, airsoft.....and some basketball and football.

Posted 26 February 2006 - 03:14 PM

yes, almost any 9.6 has pleanty enough power to pull back a 400 fps spring.
guns-
primary- my new baby CA M15A4 carbine
backup- no backup

other guns-
UTG M87LA- broken
4 spring pistols
a LPEG MP5
jungletoy NBB pistol- broken
UTG MP5- sucks waste of money

#16 arudd17

arudd17

Posted 27 February 2006 - 01:16 AM

Im going on saturday to have the ppl at Airsoft Knoxville fix it. wish me luck, and thanks to all of you who tried to help me out

#17 DwayneDays

DwayneDays

Posted 27 February 2006 - 01:20 AM

Redwolf has a bad past with upgrades brother.
SAFETY NOT GUARANTEED!
IPB Image

#18 arudd17

arudd17

Posted 27 February 2006 - 08:32 AM

I wish I knew that before I Ordered it.

#19 Razorwind

Razorwind
  • Interests:Airsoft, acoustic guitar, bass guitar, chillin' with my friends, church

Posted 27 February 2006 - 02:22 PM

QUOTE (arudd17 @ Feb 27 2006, 06:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I wish I knew that before I Ordered it.

I'm glad I found out before I ordered. Much thanks to ASF.com! a-salute.gif

Thanks to both BioSpiN and ogaboga for this sig!

#20 arudd17

arudd17

Posted 27 February 2006 - 05:17 PM

How would I send it back and get my money back? All $350 (240+upgrade cost)

#21 1911A1

1911A1

Posted 27 February 2006 - 05:30 PM

I would have it fixed rather than have it shipped overseas. I wish more people would spend money in the United States rather than help some foreign economy. You would have much better luck if it ever broke also. Bring it to the local airsoft shop and have them fix it. It probably is just a simple problem. Not worth the 50 bucks to ship it back to China.
Current gun:

CA M15A4 Rifle- (370fps)

- Systema Polycarb Piston Head w/bearings-
- Leapers 4X20mm M16 scope (long range)-
- Leapers 40mm red/green dot (short, medium range)-
- Systema 6.04 tightbore-
- 9.6v 3000mah (insane ROF)/3300mah 8.4v backup
- CA Grenade Launcher w/G&P M203 Heatshield & MB 120rnd grenade
- Systema Magnum Motor

#22 Psycho Evangelion

Psycho Evangelion
  • Interests:airsoft, cars, computers

Posted 27 February 2006 - 05:56 PM

it sounds like your gearbox locked up, perhaps the fault of bad shimming. Try to get your local store to look at it. No matter what, it's fixable.
IPB Image
TM Tac Master [sold] | CA M24 - 480 fps [sold] | CA MP5A2 - 400 fps [sold]
Classic Army M15A4 SPC - Guarder Aluminum Piston Head, Guarder Polycarbonate Piston,
Guarder Air Seal Nozzle, Guarder Spring Guide, PDI 170% spring, KM TN Tightbore Barrel - 435 fps [sold]
Tokyo Marui Tac Master - G&G Full Metal Kit [sold] | Tanaka M24-SWS - 570 fps [sold] Cupertino, CA --> Davis, CA - Hearing is Believing
IPB Image

#23 arudd17

arudd17

Posted 28 February 2006 - 08:40 AM

QUOTE (Psycho Evangelion @ Feb 27 2006, 04:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
it sounds like your gearbox locked up, perhaps the fault of bad shimming. Try to get your local store to look at it. No matter what, it's fixable.

Ok, thanks for the help. IM going on saturday to get it checked out. What should I Bring to the store? Gun, Charged Battery (to make sure it works when they fix it), Loaded magazine.

Seems like all I need. How much money will I need if they charge me for it?

#24 1911A1

1911A1

Posted 28 February 2006 - 08:25 PM

They will charge you and I don't live there so I don't know how much the store charges but I would bring at least $20. Bring the gun, magazine, and battery although I don't think it would be a big deal if you didn't.

Edited by 1911A1, 28 February 2006 - 08:26 PM.

Current gun:

CA M15A4 Rifle- (370fps)

- Systema Polycarb Piston Head w/bearings-
- Leapers 4X20mm M16 scope (long range)-
- Leapers 40mm red/green dot (short, medium range)-
- Systema 6.04 tightbore-
- 9.6v 3000mah (insane ROF)/3300mah 8.4v backup
- CA Grenade Launcher w/G&P M203 Heatshield & MB 120rnd grenade
- Systema Magnum Motor

#25 arudd17

arudd17

Posted 01 March 2006 - 08:55 AM

ok, thanks

#26 Psycho Evangelion

Psycho Evangelion
  • Interests:airsoft, cars, computers

Posted 01 March 2006 - 01:48 PM

QUOTE (Spring Plinker @ Feb 25 2006, 09:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

what the heck? You automatically assumed that it was a lemon without knowing the whole story. -__-
IPB Image
TM Tac Master [sold] | CA M24 - 480 fps [sold] | CA MP5A2 - 400 fps [sold]
Classic Army M15A4 SPC - Guarder Aluminum Piston Head, Guarder Polycarbonate Piston,
Guarder Air Seal Nozzle, Guarder Spring Guide, PDI 170% spring, KM TN Tightbore Barrel - 435 fps [sold]
Tokyo Marui Tac Master - G&G Full Metal Kit [sold] | Tanaka M24-SWS - 570 fps [sold] Cupertino, CA --> Davis, CA - Hearing is Believing
IPB Image

#27 arudd17

arudd17

Posted 04 March 2006 - 12:04 AM

(UPDATE)

I got my gun to fir today right befor I was about to take it to the shop. I charged the battery up for 10 minutes and pluged it into the gun, and shoot off a few rounds. So I figured, I was charging the battery up wrong. I went out to eat and came back ome about 2 hours later. I charged up my battery and pluged it back in, except this time it didnt fire. Im 98% positive the problem lies withen the batter/ charger.

My guns battery is 9.6v and 1700MA

I have the TLP 4000C intellicharger w/ discharger to charge my battery.

I need to know the exact settings so I can succesfully charge my battery so my gun can shoot.

PICS AND VIDEOS would be very appreciated. Thanks

#28 Sturmgewehr

Sturmgewehr
  • Interests:Music

Posted 04 March 2006 - 02:02 AM

QUOTE (arudd17 @ Feb 27 2006, 04:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How would I send it back and get my money back? All $350 (240+upgrade cost)

Most retailers won't take upgraded guns, even if they upgraded it themselves.

QUOTE (1911A1 @ Feb 27 2006, 04:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would have it fixed rather than have it shipped overseas. I wish more people would spend money in the United States rather than help some foreign economy. You would have much better luck if it ever broke also. Bring it to the local airsoft shop and have them fix it. It probably is just a simple problem. Not worth the 50 bucks to ship it back to China.

Yeah the whole china thing bothers me. We boycott cuba like the devil yet we openly embrace China . . . hmmm . . . yep United States is exactly what those idealists tell you in elementary school.

But back to the point.

Do you have a multitester? Can you check the battery VOLTAGE? It should be somewhere between 9 and 10 volts- 9.6 is the "NOMINAL" voltage- a 9.6 v battery doesn't spend much of its life at precisely 9.6 volts.

Also, I would suggest that you have the people at the shop look at redwolf's upgrades. I have not heard good things about their upgrades. I think I remember hearing that Uncompany and DEN are the best.
ASF Staff 2005-2008

/\Thanks to pirate for letting me corrupt his artwork

#29 -=Bloodred=-

-=Bloodred=-
  • Interests:airsoft, music (metal and classic rock), computer gaming, computer graphic design, cars

Posted 04 March 2006 - 02:13 AM

Redwolf is notorious for doing things like using generic hardware store-bought springs in their upgrades or using incorrect kinds of grease. I can't imagine they would shim that great either, so you probably want that checked also.

What it sounds like to me: Redwolf put in a spring that is over 400 fps and your 9.6v 1700 mah isn't strong enough to pull it. Voltage isn't everything, sometimes low MAH batteries can't pull heavier springs, and 1700 mah isn't that high. Either that or your charger is faulty or is being used incorrectly. Did it come with instructions, and if so, did you make sure you're charging it right?

#30 arudd17

arudd17

Posted 04 March 2006 - 11:24 PM

Thank you everybody for helping me over the past week. I got it fixed today... the problem was was that a cable came unpluged from the motor in the handgrip. I think it was the red cable. Im not sure if that was positive or negative, but yeah... that was the problem.

Again, thanks to everyone who was trying to help me out. You all deserve cookies. a-salute.gif a-grin.gif a-laugh.gif a-wink.gif a-cool.gif a-cheesy.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users