to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share

Important Announcement!

Our Pinzgauer Project is in "Pre Launch" - Click Here to let us know what you think before the project goes live.

Photo

Utg Ak-47 Warhawk Review

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#1 TheDesertFox

TheDesertFox
  • Interests:Airsoft <br />Collecting WW2 Weapons (real, not airsoft)

Posted 04 March 2006 - 06:43 PM

UTG AK-47 Warhawk Review

Since itís a Saturday and Iíve got nothing to do Iíd figure Iíd do a review on my Warhawk as it seems no one thus far has done one on it. I got the gun around the beginning of January, I now write this review after owing it for a while and seeing how it does in battle.

Ordering: I ordered it from Shortyusa.com for $139.99. Shipping was fast and I received it 2 days after I ordered it! I thanked the heavens shortly after receiving it that I didnít get a lemon as so many of our fellow board members have

First Impressions: When I first received my package I lifted the box up to see how heavy this baby is and man it seemed to have a good bit of weight to it! I opened the box and took a look at it. It looked very good from my stand point but there was the infamous rust on some of the screws and there was a little paint missing from one of the sling hooks and the trigger. Didnít seem that bad as a little touch up paint could fix that.

The Gun:

The Sights:

The Mag Well:

The Hop-up:

Looks: 9/10 Very good in terms of realistic looks. The most impressive feature is the wood, it gets a 10/10 for realism. The bluing on the metal isnít bad, could be better though. I picked it up and noticed a good hefty weight to the gun itself. There is some creaking though in the froward handgrip (that creaky plastic sound) but other then that not bad. Metal parts include: muzzle/front sight, barrel, mock cleaning rod, front sling mount, click adjustable rear sight, bolt, upper receiver cover, trigger guard, trigger, selector switch, rear sling mount and butt plate.

Performance: 7/10 The battery just plain sucks. All its good for is a paper weight, same goes for the mags. None the less I charged up the stock battery for 4 hours (not 2) and went out back and plinked around for a little bit, once you get the hop-up broke in you can get good groupings. Iím not good at guessing distances but Iíd say I could hit a man sized target from about 100 for so feet.

Performance AFTER a new battery: 10/10 Ditched the old battery right away and got two 8.4v 3000mah batteries from all-battery.com for $30, It also came with free shipping (cant beat that) A stock mod has to be done though first before you can fit these new batteries in. But Ill get to that later. With the new batteries in the performance stepped up greatly. Fps stepped up to around 300 (with proper lubing too) and the distance stepped but too. Now I can hit a man sized target from about 120-130 ft now. Rof also stepped up, Shorty says stock rof is 13 per sec. If that is true I feel the rof stepped up to around 16 maybe, you can hear the increase.

The New Battery:

Stock Mod: For the batteries I bought, a slight mod had to be done. The only tools you will need is a screwdriver and a dremmel. All you need to do is take off the stock and pry it apart (itíll just pop apart) With the stock in 2 take 1 of the batteries and 1 of the stock pieces and slide the battery alongside the stock as if the stock was whole again, you will see a small plastic tab at the front of the stock that your battery will eventually hit. That is what you need to dremmel out.

The Stock Mod Completed: (Note the darkish area, that is where the plastic tab was that you need to dremmel out)

If you complete the stock mod successfully, then the battery should slide into your gun like this when the stock is back together again:

Mags: As for the stock mags Iíve given up on there constant misfeeding after about 25 shots so Im getting new ones. Ill update later on what kind of mags Iím getting and if they work and how they work in the UTG.

Iíve only taken it to one little mini skirmish at my friends property. It performed well at short to medium ranges. But the most pleasure I had was trapping him in his shed then pelting him in his censored2.gif with about 15 shots, then later in the day pelting him in is crouch while he let his guard down. And you can ask him, it hurt! Even I got shot in the back with it from about 10ft away. Left a good red mark.

Last Thoughts: For the money, this aeg is good. Or course it will never be as good as a TM, but pretty close. I think for a beginner itís a good fist aeg to get. Iím happy with mine and if you donít get a lemon youíll be happy too.

-Luke

#2 Sniper Sam

Sniper Sam

Posted 19 April 2006 - 09:28 AM

With new mags and batteries how would you rate the gun overall? I'm still debating on if this is better then the CYMA cm.028
QUOTE (Melonfish)
indeed EBB's and completely usless unless your playing in a 5'X 5' cube
QUOTE (Incubater)
Makes me think hes one of those idiots running around in his backyard screaming "I have a gun, I have a gun" and getting shot in the face by police because he thinks the glasses will be bulletproof

#3 Eternal Sage

Eternal Sage

Posted 19 April 2006 - 06:02 PM

I don't like cyma, They break SOOOO easily, so I'd say it's better(UTG)

#4 Sniper Sam

Sniper Sam

Posted 20 April 2006 - 10:14 AM

Actually the new CYMA cm.028s not the cm.022s(crap)are better then UTG. More compatable with TM/CA etc. then UTG.

UTG has released a new version of the AK-47 but I haven't heard anything about them yet, I assume they have fixed a number of problems though.

Edited by Sniper Sam, 20 April 2006 - 10:15 AM.

QUOTE (Melonfish)
QUOTE (Incubater)
Makes me think hes one of those idiots running around in his backyard screaming "I have a gun, I have a gun" and getting shot in the face by police because he thinks the glasses will be bulletproof

#5 FlyersPh9

FlyersPh9

Posted 22 April 2006 - 11:37 AM

I'm debating on wether I should get this or if I should get the MP5...do you know anyone with an MP5 that you could compare guns with side by side?

#6 ChevVetteC6

ChevVetteC6
  • Interests:Mountain Biking (Riding a Gary Fisher Tassajara with a Specalized BG1 seat, Crank Brothers Mallet C peddals, Specalized Team Master tires)<br /><br />Scouts (Make fires, play with knives, who dosen't like that?)<br /><br />Classic Rock (I'm an audiophile, but 33s still have thier purpose)<br /><br />PC Gaming (I'm an FPS man, Rainbow Six, Ghost Recon, GTA, etc)<br /><br />Airsoft (duh)

Posted 22 April 2006 - 12:16 PM

I'm also wondering whether to get the UTG AK, UTG MP5 or the CYMA (also called X-Factor) AK-47. Redgrin.com is selling a new version of the UTG AK-47 as a TM Beta Spetsnaz clone. No word on its preformance, since its not released till Monday. I found the X-Factor at airsoftgi.com. RedGrin is also selling a "Warhawk Sniper" which is an astounding UTG-made SVD Dragunov.

Edited by ChevVetteC6, 22 April 2006 - 12:17 PM.

Mustangg1: "He then drove up on somebody's driveway, jumped off the minibike, threw a bottle at the door, and was yelling something about Reagan or something."

Sharpshot: "Michael Jackson is like a CAW six shooter grenade launcher loaded with red gas modified rubber slug rounds...scary as hell."

#7 Iliad

Iliad

Posted 27 April 2006 - 05:51 PM

im not sure but lots of people say after about a month this breaks is that true?

#8 microbuck

microbuck
  • Interests:Military(The Army Specifically)<br />Airsofting(of course)<br />Football<br />Building Stuff<br />Music<br />Explosives(they facinate me)

Posted 27 April 2006 - 09:57 PM

I have owned the UTG AK and the UTG MP5.

I personally like the AK better but that is just preferance. The performance is about the same. The mags on both suck as do the batteries. The AK is slightly more expensive. Pretty much just choose the one you like better.
Da Bears
Check out my home made gas machine gun here.
Airsoft guns owned
--------------------
TM STYER AUG
TM FAMAS
TM UZI
UTG AK-47
UTG MP5
SRC M4
KSC Glock 18C
A bunch of mini's and springers

#9 4thebeavers

4thebeavers

Posted 28 April 2006 - 03:09 PM

I ordered this and got it today...I am wondering about the mags...(I got a 600 RD CA mag kuz the others suck) but I could not seem to get them in the well...I wasnt pushing that hard is to not break it...do they need a little umf?

well I got the magazine to work but the winding...how long does it take and do I do it while its in the gun or before I put it in..and should I charge it right when I get it and whats the charge time???

Edited by 4thebeavers, 28 April 2006 - 03:39 PM.

#10 Guest_wiljoebob808_*

Guest_wiljoebob808_*

Posted 29 April 2006 - 08:44 PM

QUOTE (4thebeavers @ Apr 28 2006, 03:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I ordered this and got it today...I am wondering about the mags...(I got a 600 RD CA mag kuz the others suck) but I could not seem to get them in the well...I wasnt pushing that hard is to not break it...do they need a little umf?

well I got the magazine to work but the winding...how long does it take and do I do it while its in the gun or before I put it in..and should I charge it right when I get it and whats the charge time???

just fill the mag, fire, and when it won't fire anymore, wind it for a few seconds.

Most guns come with an already charged battery... and theres is a formula somewhere to find out how long to charge batteries

#11 pyrodog783

pyrodog783
  • Interests:Paintball, Airsoft, Video Games, hunting, fishing,

Posted 01 May 2006 - 09:46 PM

hey is the UTG Warhawk Comando/Beta Spetsnaz clone a new one? and what is the newest released one by UTG?

Edited by pyrodog783, 01 May 2006 - 09:50 PM.

#12 Chubz

Chubz
  • Interests:PC Gaming<br />Level designing<br />Airsoft<br />Reading

Posted 02 May 2006 - 05:33 PM

Terrific review, and I agree that the battery deserves a lower score because I've been having TONS of problems with it, and my package just came in yesterday!

It already won't even charge up and as a result I can't fire my weapon (of course.)

a-embarassed.gif

However, I'm going to be getting a new battery soon so hopefully my AK will become the piece of joy that I'm hoping it will be... I definitely love the way it looks. Very realistic, and very professional. To be totally honest with you, this is my first automatic Airsoft gun (the AIM M4 in my profile is my brother's) so hopefully this will be a great gun for me to start with, and can help me venture even further into the Airsoft universe.

The stock mod also looks interesting and is something that I may have to try later on.

Peace,
a-famerican.gif
Chubz

Edited by Chubz, 02 May 2006 - 05:34 PM.

IPB Image

#13 JRF155

JRF155
  • Interests:Airsoft!!!

Posted 02 May 2006 - 07:27 PM

I just got the UTG Warhawk and I found it awesome.I bought it from ShortyUSA a couple fays ago. It goes 150 feet and goes fairly fast about 285 fps. The battery it came with is good(8.4v 1800mah) It lasts for much more than the two 340 round mags it comes with. It was fine after at least 5 mags worth. The mags started to misfire when it was about time to turn the wheel at the bottom of the gun but it lasted a while. I just played against a Tm AEG and the Warhawk performed better, it definitly had better mag capacity and it went farther. I easily defeated some high end springers and an AEG. Anyway I think it's a great gun, I am probably going to get more batteries though. Also does anyone know any mags that will work with this gun that hold more than 340 shots.

#14 Chuckles

Chuckles
  • Interests:Airsoft<br />Computers<br />Music

Posted 12 May 2006 - 11:23 PM

I just got my ak47 warhawk a few nights ago and it is awsome. It shoots great; I also got a 30$ red dot for the gun, which makes it really cool looking along wih makeing it great for quick shots. The mags and battery leave something to be desired though, so I bought the double pack of 3000mah NI-MH batteries from all-batteries.com(28.99 w/ free shipping) to fix the mag problem I'm thinking about buying some mid-cap mags from airsoftatlanta.com for 24.00 each.

(ps. on the newer ak there is no plastic tab in the stock that you have to cut off.
Charge time formula: Mah of battery\charger output ex: 1200mah\600ma output = 2hrs)

Edited by Chuckles, 13 May 2006 - 05:05 PM.

Armory
-CA MP5 SD5
-ICS AK-74

#15 Blitzkreig

Blitzkreig
  • Interests:I love airsoft. It is a good workout. I also have a healthy respect for paintball, but I dont like the expense very much. I never do MilSim or CQB. I just wear a long sleeve shirt and pants, and do some RecSoft with freinds usually.

Posted 13 May 2006 - 01:21 AM

So what you are saying Chuckles is that the WarHawks no longer need that little piece dremmeled out? I ordered mine 2 days ago, and I also ordered a 3300 mah battery upgrade. I have been fearing this procedure, but from what you said I wont have to peform this...right?
If you like counterstrike, you will love this!

http://www.stickpage...nterstick.shtml

And then part 2 of course...

http://www.stickpage...terstick2.shtml

Terrorist 1 and Terrorist killed eachother in an argument on how it was impossible to get 6 aces... in a game of 5 card draw.

#16 Chuckles

Chuckles

Posted 13 May 2006 - 05:04 PM

In some of them there is no plastic tab like mine but my friend got his a day after me and when I checked it, it had the tab so I guess it's just luck. But don't be worried about cutting it out, the stock is thick enough so you don't have to worry too much about going through the side.
Armory
-CA MP5 SD5
-ICS AK-74

#17 JeXus

JeXus

Posted 20 May 2006 - 09:36 PM

I have the beita spetsnaz clone and yes it just came out like 2 weeks ago and so far im very impressed! the clips are the only problem though... I can only get them to work on semi but I just lubed them but im out of .20's so ill have to wait a lil while.

also mine came with a 1800 MaH batt and also this one the stock is glued near the end but it is not glued from the screws to about the middle. well I broke the seal and found the little tab ur talkin about and im gonna have my friend dremel it for me.

anyway ive done a little skirmishing im my woods with my 2 friends and they have a palco m4 boys series and a TSD tatical M4 witch on the box says 350 fps but in reality its more like 240-250~ish and they cant stop me!

Edited by JeXus, 20 May 2006 - 10:02 PM.

#18 bat21win

bat21win
  • Interests:Airsoft, photography, computers

Posted 05 June 2006 - 10:37 PM

I own a cyma028, it is so much better than any of their previous guns. Their 023 version (ibelieve), is total crap. If you want an ak, get the cyma 028, but make sure you're buying the right one. They'll try and sell you the cheaper one. It's only about a 40$ diff. ($70 compared to $110). But the cheap one has an obviously cheap body kit. Ugly stock.

The new cyma is like a metal TM gun. It has a usable battery, and a (plastic) hi-cap mag. I'd take it over an UTG anyday.

I apologize for talking about a diff. gun than the review. It was a great review, detailed and honest. I just want new buyers to get the best for their money.

#19 Airsoft Freak

Airsoft Freak
  • Interests:Airsoft, Outdoors, ...lots of stuff

Posted 06 June 2006 - 03:11 PM

QUOTE (Iliad @ Apr 27 2006, 05:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
im not sure but lots of people say after about a month this breaks is that true?

Dude, a gun's life span is not determined by time, it is determined on the use.

To sum it up for you, UTG guns are not bad if you do the following:

1. Lube the cylinder & gears properly
2. Don't upgrade it
3. Buy a decent battery (8.4v that is of high quality)
4. Follow the proper AEG care instructions from there on out

I know this because I've worked on UTG guns & a guy on my team owns one, not to mention the countless people on forums that are having tech. problems with them.
TRAP: TEXAS RECONNAISSANCE AIRSOFT PLATOON

also need working email address for you before you can post again
OP:DC|OP:RDG4|OP:BD|OP:HS

#20 RadioDog

RadioDog

Posted 08 June 2006 - 03:32 PM

Just got the CYMA 028 AK (full stock)...really an awesome AEG..its got realistic wood grain texture compared to the TM AK, more metal parts,Vers 3 gearbox (top notch quality) reinforced gears (I was thinking the only parts you need to upgrade is the spring and bushings) plastic mag is crappy like the R6 mags,its got that misfeed thing,doesn't matter, its compatible with TM and CA hi caps and power it with a decent 9.6v battery to make this baby really rock!..FPS? as claimed ,290-300 fps out of the box! it made a hole on 1 side of a coke can! hop-up mech is effective and convenient (slide type) very easy to tune up though similar to the TM version.
The weight,6-7 pounds,really hefty,very solid and no creaking whatsoever,the barrel? its tight-bore but aluminum,it would have been impressive if it were brass..

In my opinion,this AEG closes the gap between TMs and ACMs (all china made) I think this is the ONLY chinese AEG raised a notch higher than its previous versions. I read other forums from sites avoiding CYMA,that
these are worthless,cheap,they break and a waste of money...I guess CYMA got the message and created an AEG that will silence the people who are giving ACMs a bad name.

#21 Alpha Wolfgang

Alpha Wolfgang
  • Interests:guns, politics, simulating war (airsoft), and some other stuff.

Posted 15 June 2006 - 12:17 AM

yeah, im lookin into the 028 ak, sounds like a sweet gun!
Signature removed for violating signature guidelines.

#22 Guest_Sharpshot_*

Guest_Sharpshot_*

Posted 15 June 2006 - 10:38 AM

I am not a huge fan of lpegs, I just don't trust them. One every once and a while in between AEGs is OK. Take my double elephant XM8. It is very good considering the money I paid for it (about $90). But, I did get ripped off by CYMA a couple months ago so, I just don't trust them. UTG is a fairly good company, I don't like them as much as Mauri, Sun Project, CA or, G&G but, its an OK company.

With airsoft, you almost always get what you pay for.

#23 Sniper Sam

Sniper Sam

Posted 15 June 2006 - 11:28 AM

QUOTE (Sharpshot @ Jun 15 2006, 11:38 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am not a huge fan of lpegs, I just don't trust them. One every once and a while in between AEGs is OK. Take my double elephant XM8. It is very good considering the money I paid for it (about $90). But, I did get ripped off by CYMA a couple months ago so, I just don't trust them. UTG is a fairly good company, I don't like them as much as Mauri, Sun Project, CA or, G&G but, its an OK company.

With airsoft, you almost always get what you pay for.

We're not talking about LPEG's, we are talking about AEG's. I never said you should like the low cost AEG's more then TM, CA, ICS, G&P etc.

How did you get "ripped off" by CYMA Sharpshot?
QUOTE (Melonfish)
QUOTE (Incubater)

#24 Guest_Sharpshot_*

Guest_Sharpshot_*

Posted 15 June 2006 - 04:14 PM

QUOTE (Sniper Sam @ Jun 15 2006, 12:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We're not talking about LPEG's, we are talking about AEG's. I never said you should like the low cost AEG's more then TM, CA, ICS, G&P etc.

How did you get "ripped off" by CYMA Sharpshot?

A sh**ty expensive electric is how I got ripped off. UTG and CYMA are considered lpegs, at least by my standards. I don't care what you think about what I think. Just don't turn this thread into a FAD.

Edited by Sharpshot, 15 June 2006 - 09:42 PM.

#25 blackhand

blackhand
  • Interests:soccer, lacross, airsoft, computer/video games, online comics, film production.

Posted 15 June 2006 - 04:33 PM

QUOTE (Sharpshot @ Jun 15 2006, 05:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A sh**ty expensive electric. UTG and CYMA are considered lpegs, at least by my standards. I don't care what you think about what I think. Just don't turn this thread into a FAD.

Your definition of LPEG is low priced correct? I don't see how you can auto-hate something just because it doesn't cost an arm and a leg to buy it. Try it out, many people say they are good guns and I wouldn't say 100+ dollars is low priced compaired to the 40 dollar electric guns you can get.
IPB Image
I've been converted. I'm a semi-milsimist.

#26 Guest_Sharpshot_*

Guest_Sharpshot_*

Posted 15 June 2006 - 09:41 PM

QUOTE (blackhand @ Jun 15 2006, 05:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Your definition of LPEG is low priced correct? I don't see how you can auto-hate something just because it doesn't cost an arm and a leg to buy it. Try it out, many people say they are good guns and I wouldn't say 100+ dollars is low priced compaired to the 40 dollar electric guns you can get.

Incorrect. I say mine are lpegs. The lpegs in my collection are lower power relative to the AEGs I have. I am not saying a gun has to be 400 dollars to be good. You can get a lpeg and if it is accurate and works decently for 40 bucks, I would ask where you got it so I could get one too. I would honestly say that lpeg and AEG are matters of personal preferance. I say CYMA is lpeg compared to my Mauri, you say a CYMA is good for what you pay for. Again, all a matter of personal preferance.

I have a CSI XM8. Considering that I payed 100 for it and, that every inch inside and outside is plastic, it is a great gun. It is accurate and has a good amount of punch on the recieving end. I am not saying lpegs suck. I am saying in my collection, they don't meet the bar set by my Mauris.

Once again, I don't care what you think about what I think. Move on. This is starting to get really off topic.

I really do forsee this article becoming a FAD

Edited by Sharpshot, 15 June 2006 - 09:47 PM.

#27 Sniper Sam

Sniper Sam

Posted 16 June 2006 - 12:38 AM

A BE XM8 is more of a LPEG then CYMA or UTG because it's build quality is lower, you paid way too much for it.

What ****ty CYMA gun did you get? (it probably was a LPEG...)

Don't automaticly categorize anything other then TM a LPEG untill you've compared a CM.028 and TM AK-47 side-by-side.

Edited by Sniper Sam, 16 June 2006 - 12:40 AM.

QUOTE (Melonfish)
QUOTE (Incubater)

#28 Guest_Sharpshot_*

Guest_Sharpshot_*

Posted 16 June 2006 - 06:44 AM

I would get back on topic or else the Mods will definatley come in here and shut this down. This is the last time I am coming in here. yes, it was a lpeg I got when CYMA was the worst company out there(next to Cybergun) It is just like if a dog attacked you, went to some obediance classes and, you saw it again. You still don't trust it. LPEGs are great (sometimes) but, I just like Mauri, G&G, CA, Tanaka and STAR because I know that what I am getting is built to last what I dish out to it.

This is already a FAD. Last time I am in here.

#29 Sniper Sam

Sniper Sam

Posted 16 June 2006 - 08:20 AM

You and your "FAD's"...

CYMA makes LPEG's and they make AEG's. Don't buy a LPEG thinking you are going to get some great gun, it's called LPEG for a reason. It's like buying a springer from TM and saying TM AEG's are crap because you didn't like the spring gun you got.

The 3 new CYMA AEG's are really great and have been proven to be high quality. If you want to believe they are LPEG's then go right ahead.
QUOTE (Melonfish)
QUOTE (Incubater)

#30 Randy Moon

Randy Moon
  • Interests:Airsoft, computers , Drumline , football, earning money.

Posted 19 June 2006 - 05:57 PM

why wont the desert fox tell us how the mags worked on the AK . Come back!!!!

#31 Scott The Shot

Scott The Shot
  • Interests:Airsofting, Music, and Airsofting

Posted 04 July 2006 - 10:44 AM

I own a CM.028 Ak-47 and here's what I'd rate it:

Performance: 8-9/10
Battery: 7/10
Durability: 9/10
Looks: 9/10 (totally realistic)

But as the CM.028 is only about $10 bucks less then the Warhawk I would probably advise you to buy a Warhawk as it is one step up in quality. But if you are money concerned and $10 makes that much of a difference to you- The CM.028 is very similar to the warhawk.

a-thumbsup.gif Regards, shoothard
"Behind an able man there are always other able men." -Chinese Proverb

The Lord is my reinforcements during a battle.

#32 Chuckles

Chuckles

Posted 04 July 2006 - 08:02 PM

QUOTE (Scott The Shot @ Jul 4 2006, 10:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I own a CM.028 Ak-47 and here's what I'd rate it:

Performance: 8-9/10
Battery: 7/10
Durability: 9/10
Looks: 9/10 (totally realistic)

But as the CM.028 is only about $10 bucks less then the Warhawk I would probably advise you to buy a Warhawk as it is one step up in quality. But if you are money concerned and $10 makes that much of a difference to you- The CM.028 is very similar to the warhawk.

a-thumbsup.gif Regards, shoothard

thankyou for the non fanboy affected opinion.

I have put many rounds through the UTG ak and it has worked very well. I have upgraded it and it still functions very well. There are a few things that I would fix on the gun but overall it's a very good gun for the money. While stock is could perfrom well against a stock TM, but obviously it won't last as long as a TM, and inorder to upgrade you will have to replace more than you would on the TM AK. I would highly recomend this gun to people that would like to get into the sport or want a "mess-around" gun. Next year I plan on getting an ICS AK.
Armory
-CA MP5 SD5
-ICS AK-74

#33 Sniper Sam

Sniper Sam

Posted 06 July 2006 - 09:17 PM

QUOTE (Scott The Shot @ Jul 4 2006, 11:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
But as the CM.028 is only about $10 bucks less then the Warhawk I would probably advise you to buy a Warhawk as it is one step up in quality.

I'd like to clarify that the CM.028 is a good $40-$60 cheaper then the Warhawk.

Oh and the CM.028 is a good 2 steps higher then then Warhawk tongue.gif.
QUOTE (Melonfish)
QUOTE (Incubater)

#34 Chuckles

Chuckles

Posted 07 July 2006 - 08:33 PM

QUOTE (Sniper Sam @ Jul 6 2006, 09:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'd like to clarify that the CM.028 is a good $40-$60 cheaper then the Warhawk.

Well since your using Ebay prices. 230005292539 there's a warhawk for 87 shipped. a-thumbsup.gif

QUOTE (Sniper Sam @ Jul 6 2006, 09:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh and the CM.028 is a good 2 steps higher then then Warhawk tongue.gif.

And that was just said out of ignorance.
Armory
-CA MP5 SD5
-ICS AK-74

#35 Red

Red

Posted 21 August 2006 - 12:40 PM

My fireteam sniper bob got a warhawk and can hit those little plastic army guys 2-3 out of 5 times with his gun at 30-35 yards. This was measured, and as soon as my sister gets all her crap off her digital camera, I should be able to get a video.

PS the guy you see in the video will be me, he can't keep it at his house.
-_- Yo
QUOTE (Bear @ Jul 28 2007, 01:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's got plenty of punch when you put rounds into somebody's face.

WELL R8 100,000 shots w/pdi130, bushings, spring guide|Well R6, 100,000 shots, guarder sp100, JG piston/head, spring guide, gearbox shell, bushings|JG AK47 Beta Spetz, 40,000 rounds and dead|JG M16A3, 65,000 shots, original motor now!

#36 mulletman

mulletman

Posted 21 August 2006 - 10:03 PM

I just got the utg commando today and I am very happy with its performance, but if I continue playing 6 months from now I will probably get a tm. TM is better than UTG, but I think UTG wins in a performance/price ratio.

#37 Clbck

Clbck
  • Interests:History, airsoft

Posted 23 August 2006 - 03:59 PM

QUOTE (mulletman @ Aug 21 2006, 08:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just got the utg commando today and I am very happy with its performance, but if I continue playing 6 months from now I will probably get a tm. TM is better than UTG, but I think UTG wins in a performance/price ratio.

Possibly performance-wise, but not realiability wise. For relaibility/Price TM wins.
QUOTE(Sniper X @ Aug 26 2006, 05:58 PM) View Post

of course its becuase your using .2's go get some .20's atleast

#38 Grayn

Grayn
  • Interests:Airsoft, World of Warcraft, CQB, FF VII

Posted 26 August 2006 - 12:00 PM

Hmm...Nice review. I was thinking of getting this or the CYMA .028 as my next gun. Is there a review for the .028?

Also: 99 posts!

Edited by Grayn, 26 August 2006 - 12:01 PM.

#39 Gauss

Gauss
  • Interests:Airsoft, paintball, snowboarding.

Posted 26 August 2006 - 01:21 PM

when all is said and done, after someone has revived this topic and I need to stab it in the heart with a ball-point pen, this is still a review of a warhawk.
you cyma fanboys and utg fan boys can argue all you want in some chat room but please, keep it out the reviews. Everytime you argue about which one is better,which in my opinion they are the same freakin' cheapo thing, you are turning people away from those brands because theyre worried they might congeel into one of those tainted few who thinks a cyma OR a utg deserves to be either capitalized or be used in anything except a light game with a few of your friends at the local field. It doesnt matter what you think about the cyma or utg guns becauce after all is said and done, this is still just a review.

edit- forgot to mention this-
stop cramming guns people don't want down their throats. if someone sees a gun and likes it, don't instantly reply ''yeah that one is ok BUT THIS IS ONE IS BETTAR!!'' and try to turn the thread into a meaningless postfest for all spammers and fanboys alike. always remember that people want help finding out about the gun, not your opinion.

Edited by Gauss, 26 August 2006 - 01:24 PM.

Is the world just a foxhole you watch from?

#40 Skate123

Skate123
  • Interests:Airsoft, sports, skateboarding, snowboarding, skiing, and trying to get a job.

Posted 30 August 2006 - 08:57 AM

The Warhawk is a good gun. My friend has one. The Mag's on it stink. It is accurate and has a great range. I love the look of it because it looks so realistic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users