to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share

Important Announcement!

Our Pinzgauer Project is in "Pre Launch" - Click Here to let us know what you think before the project goes live.

Photo
- - - - -

Hi-caps, Mid-caps, Or Low-cap Mags

• Please log in to reply
77 replies to this topic

Poll: Hi-cap mags, Mid-cap mags, or Low-cap mags? (368 member(s) have cast votes)

which do you think is better?

1. Hi-cap (111 votes [30.16%])

Percentage of vote: 30.16%

2. Mid-cap (214 votes [58.15%])

Percentage of vote: 58.15%

3. Low-cap (43 votes [11.68%])

Percentage of vote: 11.68%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 bigboi

bigboi

Posted 19 May 2006 - 08:45 PM

which one do you think is better?

#2 jordant

jordant
  • Interests:I play the bass and drums, really like to kill people (in airsoft wars, of course), and like video games. <br /><br />Airsoft is a great way to relieve anger :)

Posted 19 May 2006 - 08:49 PM

I didn't vote because there wasn't a selection for "I don't really give a censored2.gif "

#3 Sfc. Norm Hooten

Sfc. Norm Hooten
  • Interests:Paintball, Airsoft, Guitar, Vocals, Sam... That's the story of my life.

Posted 19 May 2006 - 10:53 PM

I like low-caps, not practical, just fun to have to reload. Reminds me more of milsim, whereas hi-cap mags remind me of the good old sport of paintball, which isn't a bad thing, I just play airsoft to do something different from paintball once and a while.
Sig Picture removed to comply with sig regulations.

Please see pinned sig regs in the Announcements forum.

#4 synchronicity1

synchronicity1
  • Interests:About Me:<br />I'm 14, and from NJ. I like hockey, and airsoft. Hockey comes first though. I buy all my airsoft stuff, parents buy hockey stuff. <br /><br />Music:<br />To name a few bands:<br />Brand New<br />Blink 182 <br />A Static Lullaby<br />Cartel<br />American Hi-Fi<br />The Acadamy Is...<br />Sum 41<br />Alexisonfire<br />The Bravery<br />Halifax<br />New Found Glory<br /><br />Movies:<br />To name a few:<br />Fun With Dick and Jane<br />Saving Private Ryan<br />Stewie Griffin's Untold Story<br />Spiderman 1 and 2<br />Black Hawk Down<br />Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure<br />The Butterfly Effect<br />Saw 1 and 2 <br />Hostel <br /><br />Television:<br />Hockey<br />Paintball<br />Futurama!

Posted 19 May 2006 - 11:00 PM

I didn't vote because I use all 3. I've got two Hi-Caps, two Mid-Caps, and two Low-Caps. I like using the the High-Caps when I'm using a bipod, or shooting from a stationary position. The Low-Caps are good for close range firefights because they add a sense of realism to the skirmish. Mid-Caps are also good because you can use them in almost every situation.

#5 vodka_ice

vodka_ice
  • Interests:airsoft, skateboarding, sleep...

Posted 20 May 2006 - 04:02 AM

I use mid caps because there's no rattle or winding, and they still hold a lot.

#6 arsenal20

arsenal20
  • Interests:Soccer,airsoft,Counter-Strike,and basket ball

Posted 20 May 2006 - 10:47 AM

I use hi caps mid and low caps u have to reload to much with my hi cap I know it will take a few mins to run out,

#7 roger-rabbit

roger-rabbit

Posted 20 May 2006 - 11:11 AM

mid caps are the most practical and u get more realism instead of having an mp5 with a 300rds

Attached Files

#8 CookieMonster

CookieMonster
  • Interests:Eating, Sleeping, airsoft, soccer, video games

Posted 20 May 2006 - 12:16 PM

I vote high caps because I like lots of ammo, but I also have midcaps and lowcaps. It's basically preference and if you want more milsim, you would use lowcaps, but I like more ammo, but I don't like the fact that midcaps jam a lot and it gets really annoying.
Click this thread for more info about my AK
-CA M249 MKII
-TM AK47
-CA G36k
-AE Tac Master(WE High capa)
Hero Arms G3 Drum mag for sale!!
CA M249 MKII for sale!!!

Want to sell Classic Army M249 MKII

#9 Stunt4Life

Stunt4Life
  • Interests:Superbikes, cars, motocross, snowboarding, golf, downhill mountain biking, and of course, the lovely ladies.

Posted 21 May 2006 - 10:55 AM

I go with high caps I have 2 350ish round m4 mags and I onyl get about 150rds b4 I have to rewind them so its like 150rds which is about teh same as a mid cap so I might as wel go with a mid cap right?

G&G GR300 "The Circumsizer", Socom Gear MEU "Mr. Clean", KWA USP Compact "Soon To Be Real Steel Carry", Howa M1500 .223, PMK FEG .380 Auto, Evo X 650hp, BMW M5

#10 bluabyss12

bluabyss12

Posted 21 May 2006 - 10:35 PM

ide have to vote mid, because you ont run out as fast as low, but you don't have to take as long to reload like high.

#11 KrYpTiK

KrYpTiK
  • Interests:Cars, Girls, Grass, Music, Hangin, Guitar, Airsoft, Home Theater

Posted 26 July 2006 - 08:29 PM

Mid-Caps 100% of the way.

#12 afroninja

afroninja
  • Interests:video games, airsoft, paintball,eating, sleeping....

Posted 20 August 2006 - 06:59 PM

I use midcaps because they aren't to expensive and not to low on ammo

#13 SilverSwordsman

SilverSwordsman
  • Interests:Airsoft, video games, Drumming,

Posted 21 August 2006 - 01:46 PM

low caps because there cheaper and you can carry more of them.

#14 Clbck

Clbck
  • Interests:History, airsoft

Posted 21 August 2006 - 02:12 PM

QUOTE (SilverSwordsman @ Aug 21 2006, 11:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
low caps because there cheaper and you can carry more of them.

It's normally a difference $5. And how is it impossibe to carry lots of mid-caps or hi-caps? I don't understand what you're saying....

THat said, I use hi-caps when just playing around, but I'll use low-caps when playing a more serious game.
QUOTE(Sniper X @ Aug 26 2006, 05:58 PM) View Post

of course its becuase your using .2's go get some .20's atleast

#15 Grayn

Grayn
  • Interests:Airsoft, World of Warcraft, CQB, FF VII

Posted 21 August 2006 - 03:02 PM

Mid Caps. No rattling and no winding...

#16 #CW!!ZERO

#CW!!ZERO
  • Interests:AIRSOFT no duh<br />Hiking <br />Boyscouts<br />PS2<br />Socom III Online BABY

Posted 04 December 2006 - 06:35 PM

I love my lowcaps but I carry two hicaps just incase I need the ammo.

Props go to Terminator
Vsr-10 at 720fps
P90 at 44 bb's a seconds

#17 Ranger420

Ranger420
  • Interests:Airsoft and Sales,Kickboxing,Computer graphics..custom parts.

Posted 07 December 2006 - 05:07 PM

I agree about the mids,I hate having to wind up so often and also with high caps you tend to dry fire alot .I now only use my MK1 carbine and I can only hold about 16 shots.

Rangers Customs.

#18 JRB106

JRB106
  • Interests:Airsoft, Poker, Bowling, Sports in general

Posted 07 December 2006 - 05:26 PM

I've seen the argument on here that low-caps are more realistic. True. But, while this is true, I would rather give myself and my team a better chance to win, thus I prefer hi-cap mags whenever possible. If I was playing an extended milsim game then I may very well use low-cap b/c of the realisticness, but if not then I'm using hi-cap mags if I have them for whatever Gun X is.
Any $10 gun you buy is going to have the durability of a plastic fork, and the stock accuracy of one too..
-- Rainman

#19 Saber_Dart

Saber_Dart

Posted 07 December 2006 - 05:49 PM

QUOTE (KrYpTiK @ Jul 26 2006, 08:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have to go with Kryptik a-thumbsup.gif

Have CA MP5A4 with lighted forearm for sale. PM if interested!

#20 Guest_JerryAgent_*

Guest_JerryAgent_*

Posted 07 December 2006 - 05:58 PM

As a DM, mid-caps are the best. No rattling/winding. Also I may go through one mid-cap per game, it only takes one shot for one person.

#21 classicarmyfreak

classicarmyfreak
  • Interests:Duh!!! AIRSOFT!!!!!!!!!!

Posted 09 December 2006 - 04:25 PM

MID CAPS ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!
"I always admired atheists. I think it takes a lot of faith."
Diane Frolov and Andrew Schneider

#22 Crazydoc

Crazydoc

Posted 10 December 2006 - 08:35 PM

QUOTE (Saber_Dart @ Dec 7 2006, 04:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have to go with Kryptik a-thumbsup.gif

As do I!

JT

Props to The Terminator for my sig
external links are not allowed in member signatures except by paid sponsors, thank you.

#23 One Shot

One Shot

Posted 03 February 2007 - 05:13 PM

I voted low caps because hi caps rattle when your running so it gives you away at night also since my primary is a shot-gun. I would want a hi-cap for a AEG.

#24 Viper818

Viper818

Posted 04 February 2007 - 02:24 AM

QUOTE (KrYpTiK @ Jul 26 2006, 05:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree 100%. Now that I think about it, I never used my hi-cap in an airsoft game.. Weird. I keep that as a last resort, which never came since I have 7 mid-caps from MAG. One broke a-nonod.gif

When the rich wage war, it's the poor who die. -Jean-Paul Sartre

#25 MaN bEaR pIg

MaN bEaR pIg
  • Interests:Guitar Hero, South Park, Call of Duty 4, and Airsoft.

Posted 04 February 2007 - 02:35 AM

QUOTE (One Shot @ Feb 3 2007, 04:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I voted low caps because hi caps rattle when your running so it gives you away at night also since my primary is a shot-gun. I would want a hi-cap for a AEG.

This thread is almost 2 months old. Try not to necropost in the future. Anyways to contribute to the thread, I like mid-caps and hi-caps. The cons of hi-caps is the rattle though. I only have 3 mags and have a total of about 900 rounds. Mid-caps are nice because of the fairly large amount of BBs adn no rattel or winding. Low-caps are fun to have if you are going for ultimate realism. Just remember to carry a bunch of those mags if you are playing for a long time.
Rawrrrrrrrr

#26 Airsoft Monkey

Airsoft Monkey

Posted 04 February 2007 - 06:05 AM

I voted mids, no noise, no winding.

#27 tantrik

tantrik
  • Interests:Airsoft, Photography, Cars, Motorcycles, Bicycles

Posted 04 February 2007 - 07:47 AM

hi caps here...

I usually bring 2-3 Hicaps (300bbs) with me. I am with support, so I need a lot of BBs.

As for my AK, I bring along 2-5 short hi cap mags (about 150-160bbs) and occasionally another long mag(about 450bbs).

As for the winding, a single winding can be good up to 100bbs even more. As for the AK short mags, its good for the whole 150.

I don't mind the rattling...

#28 Special Forces Expert

Special Forces Expert
  • Interests:Airsoft, fishing, hunting, boy scouts, soccer, tennis, basketball

Posted 07 February 2007 - 04:58 PM

I like mid caps because theres not rattling and winding like the high caps, but they carry more than the low caps. But along with my mid caps I carry 2 high caps just in case, even though I probably don't need to, just because my high caps are 470rd each (G36c). But I like the realism of reloading, but the option to have a decent amount of ammo in one mag.
Looking for Players in the VA area!!!

#29 Tamn

Tamn

Posted 07 February 2007 - 07:03 PM

Low caps are the funnest because players with aeg's actually have to reload and not go halo crazy
TM High-Capa 5.1 (main) - TM High-Capa Xtreme (Sidearm)

#30 Lizzard

Lizzard
  • Interests:THINGS.

Posted 14 February 2008 - 08:54 PM

Low-cap is best, in my opinon, IF everyone is using them. I use mid-caps, but I would use low-caps if everyone at a game was using them. They should make a real/low-cap drum mag!
<3>

Posted 19 February 2008 - 12:51 PM

Lowcaps are ideal, assuming that all of the players are using them. They dissuade players from wild spraying, and encourage them to pick their shots carefully. I find that when I am using hicaps, I tend to play in a more Rambo-esque manner, relying on the suppressive capability of a hicap to overcome my opponents, rather than superior tactics on my part. When I am using lowcaps, that is never a problem.

That being said, I own midcaps. I load them with 30 rounds when playing with lowcap players, but retain the option of loading them fully so that I am not at a disadvantage when going against hicap users when playing at other venues.

#32 Lizzard

Lizzard

Posted 19 February 2008 - 10:26 PM

Exactly, that's the way the world should work, but unfortunately, we have the terrible creation known as a high-capacity magazine... A guy at ASP told me the main reason his stock G3 SAS was better than other stock CQB guns was that it came with a 500 rd hi-cap...
<3>

#33 Gen. Cockaroach

Gen. Cockaroach
  • Interests:Christianity, Airsoft, Football, reading, bodybuilding, forum topics, shotput, golf, more airsoft, video games.

Posted 20 February 2008 - 10:02 PM

Low caps.

You have to think when shooting for you can't spray, you have to use tactics to win.

The feeling of reloading when under fire, and knowing you have only 30rds is...well ...there is no feeling like that.

Use less bbs.

When I talk to people about mag capacity and they say they like hicaps I say "Play paintball then, cause airsoft is not a running and spraying sport."
"You're making the wrong assumption that a Marine by himself is outnumbered." - Gen Peter Pace, 28 Jul 06

My Armory:
ICS M4- 509mm barrel (slincer extension) M203.
ICS M16- Working Project for DMR
CA M249- Two box mags.
CA G36c-With C-Mag
3-loud grenades

#34 Lizzard

Lizzard

Posted 21 February 2008 - 06:51 PM

Yeah, my friend hates reloading under fire, but I absolutely LOVE it! It's so fun, and exhilirating!
<3>

#35 InsaneDM

InsaneDM
  • Interests:Airsoft, Wrestling, Volleyball, PS3, Wii, Pretty much anything that will keep me in shape.

Posted 23 April 2008 - 04:14 PM

QUOTE (vodka_ice @ May 20 2006, 04:02 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I use mid caps because there's no rattle or winding, and they still hold a lot.

+1

#36 Xvisceral

Xvisceral
  • Interests:not afghanistan.

Posted 04 June 2008 - 11:43 AM

mid caps, they don't rattle and you don't have to worry about winding.

#37 kwalker

kwalker

Posted 06 June 2008 - 05:54 PM

mid caps.

no rattling and no winding but it holds a good amount of rounds. perfect for one of our games called 'hostage'

Edited by kwalker, 06 June 2008 - 05:54 PM.

Thanks Onikozah ^

#38 I am a crook

I am a crook

Posted 07 June 2008 - 05:48 PM

I use 2 high caps and 2 mid caps.
No greater ally, no fiercer enemy than the US Armed Forces.

#39 Militant Smurf

Militant Smurf

Posted 26 July 2008 - 07:38 PM

Low caps personally for realism. Mid caps arent too bad. Hi-caps.....wetawded in my opinion.

#40 hXc_infantry

hXc_infantry
  • SOA Name: HxC_Infantry

Posted 28 July 2008 - 09:43 PM

Personally I use low caps for my primary, anywhere from 5-10. I know they aren't the most practical type to go with, but it just teaches me to count my shots and not just spray and pray. When I start playing support, I'll use a high-cap (C-Mag).
Milsim all the way.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users