to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share

Important Announcement!

Our Pinzgauer Project is in "Pre Launch" - Click Here to let us know what you think before the project goes live.

Photo
- - - - -

How To Make A Really Cool Delta Force Helmet For Less. (56k Beware)

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 noga

noga
  • Interests:Airsoft, computers, Basketball

Posted 26 May 2006 - 07:44 PM

Turn this plane Helmet

Into THIS! a-cheesy.gif

FOR LESS! a-grin.gif

Instead of getting one of these for 140usd, and its not painted.
http://airsoftatlant..._helmet_jpg.jpg

Things you need for this project.
$ = $40

Safety FIRST!
You may need a respirator or a air tight eyemaks for spray painting. Paint can coat lungs and get you sick. Sensitive eyes may need air tight goggles for safty

- Helmet of any kind that you want, I recommend finding a used one for price.
- Pray paint colors of choice
- Lint free cloths
- 600 grit sand paper
- monitor cleaner
- baby oil (non cream type)
- Painters tape
__- Fat roll of tape
__- Very skinny roll of tape
- Knife

First
Take all stickers off Helmet with a small Knife. You may have some scratches but don't worry, you'll sand then paint over those.

Seconde
Use monitor crleanor (Windex will work fine but the amonia in it may mess up plastic) with lint free cloth to take off all stickiness from skickers.

Third
Then use 600 grit sandpaper WITH monitor cleaner to sand out nicks and bumps in helmet, also gets out unprofessional plastic lines.

Forth
Use a lint free cloth with cleaner to take off the dust from sanding. Then use a little bit of the baby oil on the lint free cloth and rub it on the helmet. This will get off ALL dust and bad paint from before.

Should look like this after oil.
\

Then get ALL baby oil off be for going to painting stage.

continues on post 3

Edited by noga, 26 May 2006 - 07:50 PM.

IPB Image

#2 Guest_Leon Kennedy_*

Guest_Leon Kennedy_*

Posted 26 May 2006 - 07:48 PM

Nice write up.

#3 noga

noga

Posted 26 May 2006 - 07:59 PM

Fith: Painting
First things first SAFETY! Use respirator and goggles.

IMPORTANT: Put the cans in warm water for 10 mins before using. This helps the spray come out more evenly and not make dots. THey will float so place a heavy object on them so they sit about 2/3 of the way in.

THen get your paints ready.

Then get a piece or cardboard and spray it white. Then spray it with your colors from lightest to darkest.

Then test different color combos and how they look on it

Then use one color as your base

Then use different colors to make it how YOU WANT! (keep spray 1 foot away from helmet to keep from over coating it)

Also use cardboard with a hole to make circles and not getting it every where.

P.S. You can us tape to make it a hard line helmet like this one.

http://www.amazing3d...e/modkvlrhm.jpg

QUOTE (Leon Kennedy @ May 26 2006, 08:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nice write up.

Thanks, it was fun doing this to, it looks a lot better in person, ill se if I can get a bette pic

Edited by noga, 26 May 2006 - 08:55 PM.

IPB Image

#4 noga

noga

Posted 26 May 2006 - 08:09 PM

Heres 2 new pics, when I took them the helmet looks a little high on my hed, but it rests lower.

The colors are more visible in person
IPB Image

#5 synchronicity1

synchronicity1
  • Interests:About Me:<br />I'm 14, and from NJ. I like hockey, and airsoft. Hockey comes first though. I buy all my airsoft stuff, parents buy hockey stuff. <br /><br />Music:<br />To name a few bands:<br />Brand New<br />Blink 182 <br />A Static Lullaby<br />Cartel<br />American Hi-Fi<br />The Acadamy Is...<br />Sum 41<br />Alexisonfire<br />The Bravery<br />Halifax<br />New Found Glory<br /><br />Movies:<br />To name a few:<br />Fun With Dick and Jane<br />Saving Private Ryan<br />Stewie Griffin's Untold Story<br />Spiderman 1 and 2<br />Black Hawk Down<br />Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure<br />The Butterfly Effect<br />Saw 1 and 2 <br />Hostel <br /><br />Television:<br />Hockey<br />Paintball<br />Futurama!

Posted 26 May 2006 - 08:21 PM

Looks good. Nice instructions too. I was just thinking of buying one of those $100.00 ones, now I don't have too!

#6 noga

noga

Posted 26 May 2006 - 08:27 PM

QUOTE (synchronicity1 @ May 26 2006, 09:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Looks good. Nice instructions too. I was just thinking of buying one of those $100.00 ones, now I don't have too!

lol ya, pluse you can do it with what ever kind you want.

Almost forgot, put the cans in warn water for 10 mins before using. This helps the spray come out more evenly and not make dots.
IPB Image

#7 noga

noga

Posted 26 May 2006 - 09:34 PM

They should make this a sticky here, theres like none, another couldn't hurt.
IPB Image

#8 btking

btking
  • Interests:magic, off-roading, shooting, hunting, airsofting of course, technical theatre (lighting and set designs, building sets, etc.)<br />And not to mention correcting people and pissing them off, but that's more of a hobby.

Posted 26 May 2006 - 10:55 PM

Hate to sound mean, but it looks like crap. Sure it was doing great before you started painting, but once you started it went downhill.

1. Use non-reflective paint. Anything that shines will make you stand out in the feild.

2. Don't mae such harsh shapes in the painting. Making those white circles with cardboard was NOT a good idea.

3. Look at where the helmet will be used. You only need 3 colors maximum. If you are going to be in woodland why would you need tan and white mixed in with the green and black?

If you do another one, try brown, green, and black. Use non-reflective paint, and do it in random shapes that somewhat resemble stripes. Continue one mark, don't have a bunch of splotchy different colored spots.

#9 noga

noga

Posted 26 May 2006 - 11:40 PM

QUOTE (btking @ May 26 2006, 11:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hate to sound mean, but it looks like crap. Sure it was doing great before you started painting, but once you started it went downhill.

1. Use non-reflective paint. Anything that shines will make you stand out in the feild.

2. Don't mae such harsh shapes in the painting. Making those white circles with cardboard was NOT a good idea.

3. Look at where the helmet will be used. You only need 3 colors maximum. If you are going to be in woodland why would you need tan and white mixed in with the green and black?

If you do another one, try brown, green, and black. Use non-reflective paint, and do it in random shapes that somewhat resemble stripes. Continue one mark, don't have a bunch of splotchy different colored spots.

LOL, its not reflective, the flasjh just makes it look like it is and its was stuill wet, the second pic shows how its not. Also, the place I play at has light tan tree bark and the leave that fall off it are brownish tan, then theres the mud and plants that have green.

Its really quiet good in person, its more like what you said, theres not "bloches" or spots, there more like randome goops. Pluse its a powder coat, not usual military print.\

Edit: WHat white spots?

Edited by noga, 26 May 2006 - 11:51 PM.

IPB Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users