to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share

Important Announcement!

Our Pinzgauer Project is in "Pre Launch" - Click Here to let us know what you think before the project goes live.

Photo
- - - - -

Aeg Vs. Gbb/nbb

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Ace23

Ace23

Posted 04 July 2006 - 07:32 PM

Could someone list the pros and cons of both AEGs and gas guns? Even a direct comparison between the two would help. After using spring, I'm not sure if I want to go to AEG or gas. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

#2 Domer17

Domer17
  • Interests:Golf, Football, Airsoft

Posted 04 July 2006 - 07:45 PM

AEG

Pros-
+Rof
+Long Range Accuracy
+Stability in Aiming
+Better Power Source (easier in my mind)
+Lot's of upgrade possibilites
+Higher Mag cap (unless you use 30 round lows)

Cons-
-Less Maneuverability
-Higher Price (at least for a good one)
-Most/Some AEG users go through ammo much faster

Gas Guns-
+Maneuverability
+Usually higher stock power
+Some upgrade possibilities
+Makes you conserve ammo (might be a bad thing in your mind)
+More realistic and fun to shoot (in my mind)
+Ability to dual wield

Cons-
-Lower RoF
-Lower mag cap (unless AEG users use lowcaps)
-Less long range accuracy
-Less stability in Aiming
-Hard to/Expensive to mount a sight
-Worse power source (fill problems, leaks, accessibility, cost)

These are just my opinion so if you don't agree it doesn't matter, I never said I was right about anything, although I am joining the Pistols Only Revolution with my purchase of a KWA USP in the next few days.

AE MP5A4 V4 <AT> ~400 FPS

sorry, external links are not allowed in member signatures except by paid sponsors

#3 hsimoorb

hsimoorb
  • Interests:Baseball, History,

Posted 04 July 2006 - 09:56 PM

Domer17 got all the main ones. overall I'd say get yourself an electric gun. They're overall much more skirmishable, easyer to miantain and have a huge advantage in the volume of fire they can produce. But you might want to check the threads on the Pistols Only Revolution(search it), there's some good posts by BP explaining how to go with only GBB pistols. But IMO, the only reason people do that, is because it's hard to use GBBs against AEGs, and therefore it's more fun for some people.

#4 Ace23

Ace23

Posted 04 July 2006 - 10:41 PM

Thanks for the replies. I'm glad someone took the time to help me out!

#5 airsoft005

airsoft005

Posted 15 August 2006 - 06:35 PM

get a good aeg, a tokyo marui if u can afford it, if not maybe a utg would be better for you. Then later once u saved up money again get a good gbb, maybe from kwa, ksc, western arms, or tokyo marui

#6 CookieMonster

CookieMonster
  • Interests:Eating, Sleeping, airsoft, soccer, video games

Posted 15 August 2006 - 07:00 PM

AEG but it is a lot more money(depending on what gun) BUt it also has full auto, and the other stuff domer17 listed.
Click this thread for more info about my AK
-CA M249 MKII
-TM AK47
-CA G36k
-AE Tac Master(WE High capa)
Hero Arms G3 Drum mag for sale!!
CA M249 MKII for sale!!!

Want to sell Classic Army M249 MKII

#7 blackhand

blackhand
  • Interests:soccer, lacross, airsoft, computer/video games, online comics, film production.

Posted 15 August 2006 - 07:32 PM

Yeah get the AEG first. That way you can keep up with the other guys (if you play a lot at a field or some place) and when you get some more cash get a nice sidearm.
IPB Image
I've been converted. I'm a semi-milsimist.

#8 blackbelt

blackbelt

Its peanut butter jelly time!!

• user_has_broken_email
  • 734 posts
  • Interests:Military branches, AFJROTC, airsoft, ASF, T-M rated videogames and karate.

Posted 16 August 2006 - 12:30 AM

I'm going to get a Mp5a5 with a silencer and hopefully at least an nbb.

#9 doopydoo

doopydoo

I THINK I was the first person to own a MP001 in the states

• Elite
  • 1,497 posts
  • Interests:Airsoft<br />Flash Animation<br />Most weapons, guns especially, got a knife too

Posted 16 August 2006 - 02:25 AM

Gas gun first.

It teaches you much needed skills before you up your firepower. So you won't turn into a point shooting, hosing, crazed maniac. If you get a gas gun first you will be a better player in the end. I hope.

#10 sig 552 wielder

sig 552 wielder

Posted 16 August 2006 - 02:32 AM

think of it this way. here you are bunkered down with your spring gun waiting your shots. you run to another bunker he fires and misses. fun yes. ok now imagine running from one bunker to the next when he has 300 rounds in the mag and lays down a line of bbs chasing you at 15 rounds per second. conclusion you have enter and new world of airsoft play. much more realistic in the sense.

#11 blackbelt

blackbelt

Its peanut butter jelly time!!

• user_has_broken_email
  • 734 posts
  • Interests:Military branches, AFJROTC, airsoft, ASF, T-M rated videogames and karate.

Posted 16 August 2006 - 04:27 PM

Just buy a gbb/nbb for TAPSS and improve your skill, then buy a TM or CA.

#12 Guest_Gergify_*

Guest_Gergify_*

Posted 16 August 2006 - 06:14 PM

A GBB is a very good first gun, aegs is alittle more work in the long run but they have more upgrade options.

#13 blackhand

blackhand
  • Interests:soccer, lacross, airsoft, computer/video games, online comics, film production.

Posted 16 August 2006 - 06:25 PM

Well since you have already used springs I would hope your tactics have gotten better. If you still think you are a "Newbie" in tactics stay with with GBB but if you think you can handle the AEG get that first.
IPB Image

#14 Now you see me...

Now you see me...
  • Interests:Airsoft, duh<br />Alternative Energy<br />Survival<br />Boats/ Quads/ anything that goes fast

Posted 16 August 2006 - 06:59 PM

I got a NBB first and then an AEG. Now I'm looking for a GBB (I was thinking the KJW Full Metal M9) but the only problems with Gas guns is that gas costs money. You could get a propane adapter but since I don't have one yet I can't tell you how reliable it is. I would say go for the AEG.
Click to view a really sad story.

I am looking for a decent full metal GBB for around $100. PM me with any suggestions

IPB Image
Thanks Ninjaownsthenight for the sweet sig.

#15 yellowlightman

yellowlightman

Posted 17 August 2006 - 03:47 AM

Get an AEG first. It'll allow you to play a bigger variety of games. Going up against a bunch of AEGs with a pistol is not fun, whereas an AEG vs. pistols is pretty manageable. In the end you'll want both, and since the AEG will likely be the more expensive of the two why not get the bigger purchase out of the way first?

#16 blackhand

blackhand

Posted 17 August 2006 - 12:00 PM

QUOTE (yellowlightman @ Aug 17 2006, 04:47 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Get an AEG first. It'll allow you to play a bigger variety of games. Going up against a bunch of AEGs with a pistol is not fun, whereas an AEG vs. pistols is pretty manageable. In the end you'll want both, and since the AEG will likely be the more expensive of the two why not get the bigger purchase out of the way first?

Well not all the time. Going GBB vs. AEG is a lot of fun, it's hard and you have to think two steps ahead but really fun. But that's all a personal choice and won't work for everyone.
IPB Image

#17 Ataturk

Ataturk
  • Interests:xbox, Stephen King, and, of course, airsoft

Posted 17 August 2006 - 05:10 PM

an AEG may acctually be cheaper, depending on the gun and how long you are willing to play. you use up more than 120-130 bucks just by using 10 gas canisters. also, some airsoft organizations only allow users with an AEG.

Sig made by the terminator.

Armory
Primary: Classic Army G36c
Secondary: Tokyo Marui M93r AEP

A Review of my CA36c
http://www.airsoftfo...;#entry17188743

#18 afroninja

afroninja
  • Interests:video games, airsoft, paintball,eating, sleeping....

Posted 20 August 2006 - 08:45 PM

if you want accuracy get like a 70 dollar gnbb or gbb on. several sites I have seen full auto gas pistols...I'll try to get you a link. but if you want to spray bullets everywhere then you want an aeg (please note lower end ones are innacurate) a gas gun is good to start so you can learn how to actually aim...I'd say get a gas gun...and not nessisarily a gbb or gnbb maybe some cheap gas uzi or something

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users