to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share

Important Announcement!

Our Pinzgauer Project is in "Pre Launch" - Click Here to let us know what you think before the project goes live.

Photo
- - - - -

Type 96 Tsd?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 koniygn

koniygn

Posted 22 January 2007 - 03:15 PM

Hi, I am a newbie here...

I'm planning to buy a sniper rifle, just to watch and touch, not going to fight. So I don't mind about FPS. I've found some sexy sniper rifles, one of them is Marui APS 96. That is expensive, but it's just hot!! But then, I found a Type 96 Sniper Rifle in a website, and it says it is by TSD. I haven't heard of this manufacturer before (maybe I am too "newbie" in airsoft). Has anyone heard of this TSD?? And how about the performance / durability of this rifle??

Thx!!!

Edited by koniygn, 22 January 2007 - 08:21 PM.

#2 boom_headshot

boom_headshot

Posted 22 January 2007 - 04:47 PM

QUOTE (koniygn @ Jan 22 2007, 04:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi, I am a newbie here...

I'm planning to buy a sniper rifle, just to watch and touch, shooting rats and pests, not going to fight. So I don't mind about FPS. I've found some sexy sniper rifles, one of them is Marui APS 96. That is expensive, but it's just hot!! But then, I found a Type 96 Sniper Rifle in a website, and it says it is by TSD. I haven't heard of this manufacturer before (maybe I am too "newbie" in airsoft). Has anyone heard of this TSD?? And how about the performance / durability of this rifle??

Thx!!!

1) Tokyo Marui does not make the APS Type 96, Maruzen does.
2) Could you give us a link to the "TSD" Type 96, I have never heard of it.
3) If you're going to shoot rats and stuff, why not just buy a pellet gun? A stock airsoft sniper rifle will not have enough power to kill small game.
"Speak softly, but carry a big stick."
"An eye for an eye will make us all blind."
"The state is nothing but an instrument of oppression of one class by another--no less so in a democratic republic than in a monarchy."

#3 The Death Merchant

The Death Merchant
  • Interests:Airsoft, Videogames, Soccer, Writing Airsoft Scenarios, Computers, History, Moviemaking, Anything Military Related.

Posted 22 January 2007 - 04:51 PM

QUOTE (boom_headshot @ Jan 22 2007, 04:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
3) If you're going to shoot rats and stuff, why not just buy a pellet gun? A stock airsoft sniper rifle will not have enough power to kill small game.

I'd also like to see a link to it, I too have never heard of it before. I don't even know what a real Type 96 looks like.

The idea of war is not to die for your country, it's to make the enemy die for his.

Check out my Airsoft Scenarios!
Battlestar Galactica, Operation Intel, Survival

#4 koniygn

koniygn

Posted 22 January 2007 - 07:57 PM

QUOTE (boom_headshot @ Jan 22 2007, 04:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry man... always got confused by those Japanese brands.

Here is the link. http://www.pyramydai...l?model_id=1167 If it is a durable one, I think it worths $180. It's just hot!!

Edited by koniygn, 22 January 2007 - 08:23 PM.

#5 spodwo

spodwo

Posted 22 January 2007 - 08:02 PM

Hey Newbie...

http://www.airsoftfo...ting at animals

reported....

#6 koniygn

koniygn

Posted 22 January 2007 - 08:20 PM

QUOTE (spodwo @ Jan 22 2007, 08:02 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry ... I didn't not go through the rules. I have deleted my misbehaved context.

Edited by koniygn, 22 January 2007 - 08:22 PM.

#7 Gauss

Gauss
  • Interests:Airsoft, paintball, snowboarding.

Posted 22 January 2007 - 08:46 PM

http://www.airsoftfo...showtopic=60136
Thread about the L96.
http://www.airsoftfo...;#entry17234959
Thread about how there is already a thread about L96.
http://www.gunnerair...r/l96/index.htm
Cheapest place the buy it. Shipping is a lot.
[/Thread]
Is the world just a foxhole you watch from?

#8 koniygn

koniygn

Posted 22 January 2007 - 08:51 PM

QUOTE (Gauss @ Jan 22 2007, 08:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
http://www.airsoftfo...showtopic=60136
Thread about the L96.
http://www.airsoftfo...;#entry17234959
Thread about how there is already a thread about L96.
http://www.gunnerair...r/l96/index.htm
Cheapest place the buy it. Shipping is a lot.
[/Thread]

Thanks...
But what is TSD?? Just curious...

#9 Gauss

Gauss
  • Interests:Airsoft, paintball, snowboarding.

Posted 22 January 2007 - 09:24 PM

QUOTE (koniygn @ Jan 22 2007, 08:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks...
But what is TSD?? Just curious...

TSD is most likely a no name brand like Matrix, which is just a change in name to make people think it's a different gun, when actually they're buying the same crap just repackaged.
Is the world just a foxhole you watch from?

#10 Electric_Sheep

Electric_Sheep
  • Interests:Airsoft, Computers, Gaming, Cars

Posted 23 January 2007 - 12:23 PM

LOL it says it shoots accurate at 600 yards , ya right
:::I understand the difference between a sniper and a sniper rifle, do you?:::
::: Have a gearbox question? PM me :::
IPB Image

#11 TheBlackThompson

TheBlackThompson
  • Interests:Airsofting, Working, Community Service, Family, Acting, Making Movies, My Faith, and school....CLASS OF 2011!!! O-H-I-O! Go Bucks!

Posted 23 January 2007 - 02:08 PM

There is no way that gun shoots 450fps stock...for $100 there must be a catch. That's a mockery to the TYPE 96

Edited by TheBlackThompson, 23 January 2007 - 02:13 PM.

#12 koniygn

koniygn

Posted 23 January 2007 - 03:14 PM

QUOTE (Electric_Sheep @ Jan 23 2007, 12:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
LOL it says it shoots accurate at 600 yards , ya right

It says "the real firearm version" can shoot 600 yards with high accuracy... but who cares!! I just want a toy; why saying the real thing!! The intro of this toy totally out of topic... And that's why I am posting here to ask what da heck is this TSD. And it seems that no one likes this "TSD"... hm...

QUOTE (TheBlackThompson @ Jan 23 2007, 02:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There is no way that gun shoots 450fps stock...for $100 there must be a catch. That's a mockery to the TYPE 96

Just curious... if this gun can shoot at 450 fps, how hard will I need to pull the spring??

Edited by koniygn, 23 January 2007 - 03:18 PM.

#13 Electric_Sheep

Electric_Sheep
  • Interests:Airsoft, Computers, Gaming, Cars

Posted 23 January 2007 - 04:08 PM

QUOTE (TheBlackThompson @ Jan 23 2007, 03:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:::I understand the difference between a sniper and a sniper rifle, do you?:::
::: Have a gearbox question? PM me :::
IPB Image

#14 koniygn

koniygn

Posted 23 January 2007 - 04:22 PM

QUOTE (TheBlackThompson @ Jan 23 2007, 02:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I know... just WHAT IF there is a gun can shoot 450 fpt...

but if there is a $100 gun can fire 450 fpt, I am sure it will break up after twenty shots

Edited by koniygn, 23 January 2007 - 04:23 PM.

#15 boom_headshot

boom_headshot

Posted 23 January 2007 - 04:52 PM

QUOTE (TheBlackThompson @ Jan 23 2007, 03:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I take it neither you nor eletric have heard of the Warrior 1? After the spring settles, it shoots about 450-490 fps. It's not the most durable of guns (the trigger housing might crack if you over tighten the screws). Reviews say that it is fairly accurate though. A couple of guy's on arnies have put a couple thousand shots through theirs. There have been confirmed reports of people using aftermarket made for the Maruzen for parts on their Warrior. I wish I could confirm it but sadly, most of my money is going into my Gibson acoustic. Maybe someday in the not to far future I might do it, just to do it and see if the reports are true, for you guys lol. instead of passing on what I read on another website.

Edited by boom_headshot, 23 January 2007 - 05:03 PM.

"The state is nothing but an instrument of oppression of one class by another--no less so in a democratic republic than in a monarchy."

#16 koniygn

koniygn

Posted 25 January 2007 - 08:18 AM

QUOTE (boom_headshot @ Jan 23 2007, 04:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I take it neither you nor eletric have heard of the Warrior 1? After the spring settles, it shoots about 450-490 fps. It's not the most durable of guns (the trigger housing might crack if you over tighten the screws). Reviews say that it is fairly accurate though. A couple of guy's on arnies have put a couple thousand shots through theirs. There have been confirmed reports of people using aftermarket made for the Maruzen for parts on their Warrior. I wish I could confirm it but sadly, most of my money is going into my Gibson acoustic. Maybe someday in the not to far future I might do it, just to do it and see if the reports are true, for you guys lol. instead of passing on what I read on another website.

I've heard of Warrior 1, but I don't know how does it look. Do you have a link of it?? Thx!!! a-thumbsup.gif

#17 boom_headshot

boom_headshot

Posted 25 January 2007 - 04:22 PM

QUOTE (koniygn @ Jan 25 2007, 09:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I've heard of Warrior 1, but I don't know how does it look. Do you have a link of it?? Thx!!! a-thumbsup.gif

The TSD is the Warrior 1
but here's some other sites

http://gunnerairsoft.com/indexeng.htm
http://www.evike.com...de=SNIPERRIFLES

Edited by boom_headshot, 25 January 2007 - 04:23 PM.

#18 RoninAngel

RoninAngel
  • Interests:Airsoft<br />Firearms<br />Martial Arts<br />Weaponry<br />Japanese Culture<br />Sushi<br />Driving<br />Drifting<br />Racing<br />Cars<br />Supras (1986.5-1992(MKIII)<br />Computers<br />Movies<br />Music<br />Machining<br />Finishing<br />Welding<br />CNC

Posted 27 January 2007 - 05:50 PM

I got mine yesterday and I'm pretty happy with it. This is what it all comes with.
Strap
Scope
Scope covers
BB's
BB speed loader with attachment
2 magazines.
Plastic cleaning rod(use it to whack your sister first to see if its strong enough to insert in the barrel without breaking)

As far as the power goes I'm not entirely shure. Its more powerful than my WaShan sawed off shotgun and my we-tech pistols. When you pull the trigger you cant even see the BB, and it rips through both sides of a cardboard box. So it's powerful enough to have fun with. And the stock is a much better finish than the maruzen. On a differrent note, If I had the money, the only other non-AEG sniper I would buy would be the tanaka M700 A.I.C.S. . The orange tip is easily removable as well.

Edited by RoninAngel, 27 January 2007 - 05:57 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users