to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share

Important Announcement!

Our Pinzgauer Project is in "Pre Launch" - Click Here to let us know what you think before the project goes live.

Photo
- - - - -

G&g M14 Takedown/gearbox Takedown!

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#41 YesOfficer

YesOfficer
  • Interests:Cars, Guns, Beer

Posted 05 February 2009 - 11:58 PM

Well I got brave tonight and decided to pull apart my gearbox to install a Systema M130 spring. First problem arose when I tried taking the motor off. I guess I pulled too hard and one of the red wires BROKE IN HALF. Thats right, it snapped like a twig. So now I have to go out to Home Depot and get some solder to put it back together. After about 10 times of pieces flying out upon installation of the new spring, I think I have everything back together right.

Question: Does the teeth position of the big black gear that is directly underneath the piston matter when reinstalling? I'm guessing the motor (when installed) will spin until it makes a complete turn or until the piston is pulled back and released.

Oh and I need to buy a small C-clamp to hold the upper halves of the gearbox together so I can snap on that piece of metal that covers the hole in the top of the gearbox.

Edited by YesOfficer, 06 February 2009 - 10:43 AM.

#42 cheesenibbler

cheesenibbler

Posted 25 September 2009 - 03:09 PM

Hey with the gearbox when its opened up, the plastic triangle thingy in the middle of the gearbox on my M-14 is busted it snapped off is there anyway of getting a replacement?

also is the gearbox compatible with CA because ill just buy one of those instead lol

#43 smh

smh

Posted 25 January 2010 - 12:57 AM

anyone else have any problems with taking out the little pin on the LEFT side of the gun?? mine wont seem to come out and im wondering if there is a relatively easy way to do it.

thanks in advanced

#44 YesOfficer

YesOfficer
  • Interests:Cars, Guns, Beer

Posted 09 February 2010 - 11:27 AM

QUOTE (smh @ Jan 25 2010, 12:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
anyone else have any problems with taking out the little pin on the LEFT side of the gun?? mine wont seem to come out and im wondering if there is a relatively easy way to do it.

thanks in advanced

The pin holding the slide catch in place? I just take a small allen wrench, put it up against the side of the receiver and hit the top with a heavy wrench.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users