to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share

Important Announcement!

Our Pinzgauer Project is in "Pre Launch" - Click Here to let us know what you think before the project goes live.

Photo
- - - - -

We 1911 Upgrades..

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 SilentEcho13

SilentEcho13

Posted 30 April 2007 - 06:18 PM

I recently bought a WE 1911 GBB (newer edition) and I won't be using it for airsoft games/skirmishes, but target shooting, plinking, and soda can destruction (haha).

I understand that the WE is Marui clone, and most of the parts are compatible.
Me being new to GBB's, I have no idea what I can do to this pistol to get as much power as possible out of it.

What are your suggestions? The only thing I can think of that is easy to obtain is red gas, but what internal modifications do you suggest? I havn't been able to find any upgrades at all online.

Thanks.

#2 Bullfrog

Bullfrog

LTC Amphibious B. Croak, USMCJROTC(ret)

• user_has_broken_email
  • 1,205 posts
  • Interests:1. My relationship with Christ<br />2. My beautiful wife for 29 years<br />3. My strong willed 18-year old son<br />4. Gardening<br />5. Reading<br />5. Art<br />6. Hiking &amp; camping<br />7. Puzzles

Posted 01 May 2007 - 08:20 AM

QUOTE (SilentEcho13 @ Apr 30 2007, 06:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I recently bought a WE 1911 GBB (newer edition) and I won't be using it for airsoft games/skirmishes, but target shooting, plinking, and soda can destruction (haha).

I understand that the WE is Marui clone, and most of the parts are compatible.
Me being new to GBB's, I have no idea what I can do to this pistol to get as much power as possible out of it.

What are your suggestions? The only thing I can think of that is easy to obtain is red gas, but what internal modifications do you suggest? I havn't been able to find any upgrades at all online.

Thanks.

GBBs don't upgrade in power the same way AEGs do. You could try red gas but it would not be advisable. The WEs are designed for green gas and you should stay with what they are designed for or you will have a broken gun before you know it. Since it sounds like target shooting is the main purpose of the gun it's stock range and velocity should be just fine for that. To improve its accuracy you could do two easy things. #1 is use .25 bbs. bb weight is the one thing that most influences accuracy in airsoft. #2 is install a tightbore inner barrel. The tighter the bore the more accurate the gun.
http://www.wgcshop.com/
At this site go to Accessories/Accurate barrels/for pistols/about half way through the list you will find KM tightbore for Mauri 1911 pistol. It should fit the WE 1911.
"but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend..." Faramir
Battery Encyclopedia!!!

Even after 29 years, I'm still her handsome prince...I am one happy frog.

#3 Pred

Pred

Posted 02 May 2007 - 08:55 AM

Not much can be done with the WE. But you can swap out the output valve, and top seal from a TM Hi-Capa magazine to improve on the gas usage. But finding those pieces is tough. You can purchase a TM Hi-Capa magazine, and strip the components though.

#4 JDKauff5

JDKauff5

Posted 02 May 2007 - 02:25 PM

Red gas should work fine with your WE because it is full metal. That should increase your FPS by about 50. you could also get a hi-flow valve wich would release more gas giving you more power but you would get less shots from one fill of gas.

#5 SilentEcho13

SilentEcho13

Posted 02 May 2007 - 09:27 PM

Yes the tightbore was what I was actually planning on doing, I just didn't know where I would be able to find one that works haha.

I already ordered a bag of .25g Excel BB's which are on the way, and red gas I may try when I have another pistol which I would focus on.

Thanks for the help.

#6 SilentEcho13

SilentEcho13

Posted 02 May 2007 - 09:38 PM

QUOTE (Bullfrog @ May 1 2007, 09:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
GBBs don't upgrade in power the same way AEGs do. You could try red gas but it would not be advisable. The WEs are designed for green gas and you should stay with what they are designed for or you will have a broken gun before you know it. Since it sounds like target shooting is the main purpose of the gun it's stock range and velocity should be just fine for that. To improve its accuracy you could do two easy things. #1 is use .25 bbs. bb weight is the one thing that most influences accuracy in airsoft. #2 is install a tightbore inner barrel. The tighter the bore the more accurate the gun.
http://www.wgcshop.com/
At this site go to Accessories/Accurate barrels/for pistols/about half way through the list you will find KM tightbore for Mauri 1911 pistol. It should fit the WE 1911.

Was this the one you were talking about?
http://www.wgcshop.c.....20for Pistols

#7 Bullfrog

Bullfrog

LTC Amphibious B. Croak, USMCJROTC(ret)

• user_has_broken_email
  • 1,205 posts
  • Interests:1. My relationship with Christ<br />2. My beautiful wife for 29 years<br />3. My strong willed 18-year old son<br />4. Gardening<br />5. Reading<br />5. Art<br />6. Hiking &amp; camping<br />7. Puzzles

Posted 02 May 2007 - 10:01 PM

QUOTE (SilentEcho13 @ May 2 2007, 09:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Was this the one you were talking about?
http://www.wgcshop.c.....20for Pistols

Yes that was the one I found.
"but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend..." Faramir
Battery Encyclopedia!!!

Even after 29 years, I'm still her handsome prince...I am one happy frog.

#8 SilentEcho13

SilentEcho13

Posted 02 May 2007 - 10:43 PM

QUOTE (Bullfrog @ May 2 2007, 11:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes that was the one I found.

Hmm I think I'll go for that one.
I did however read something (somewhere) about a 6.01mm barrel for the Marui 1911?

Also about a twist barrel, any input on these two?

Thanks very much for the help, I'm hoping to get an AEG soon to actually start playing for real :P

#9 Mofomilitia

Mofomilitia
  • Interests:Any kind of history but especially military history. Economics and sociology, the modern military, firearms and firearms technology. Also backpacking/hiking and similar outdoor activities, wrestling,

Posted 02 May 2007 - 11:39 PM

QUOTE (SilentEcho13 @ May 2 2007, 11:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hmm I think I'll go for that one.
I did however read something (somewhere) about a 6.01mm barrel for the Marui 1911?

Also about a twist barrel, any input on these two?

Thanks very much for the help, I'm hoping to get an AEG soon to actually start playing for real :P

Red gas would overpower the twist barrel.
6.01: www.deescustoms.com/main
then go to "custom parts" than inner barrels. yours should cost $30 and id say its something u definitely need for target shooting.

#10 SilentEcho13

SilentEcho13

Posted 03 May 2007 - 05:37 PM

QUOTE (Mofomilitia @ May 3 2007, 12:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Red gas would overpower the twist barrel.
6.01: www.deescustoms.com/main
then go to "custom parts" than inner barrels. yours should cost $30 and id say its something u definitely need for target shooting.

Thanks, I'll go with that 6.01mm barrel.

What is the size that a stock WE 1911 usually comes with? (out of curiosity)

#11 Guest_hkssr20det_*

Guest_hkssr20det_*

Posted 03 May 2007 - 05:48 PM

QUOTE (SilentEcho13 @ May 3 2007, 03:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks, I'll go with that 6.01mm barrel.

What is the size that a stock WE 1911 usually comes with? (out of curiosity)

I think they are the same length as Marui so 112.5mm.

#12 SilentEcho13

SilentEcho13

Posted 03 May 2007 - 06:37 PM

QUOTE (hkssr20det @ May 3 2007, 06:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think they are the same length as Marui so 112.5mm.

O sorry, I didn't put the question right.

I meant the size as in 6.04mm, 6.01mm, etc..

#13 ninchnailz18

ninchnailz18
  • Interests:rc cars, wheight lifting, airsoft,

Posted 04 May 2007 - 12:28 PM

if you are just target practice why not a bb gun?

#14 Guest_Cam Keo_*

Guest_Cam Keo_*

Posted 04 May 2007 - 03:40 PM

QUOTE (ninchnailz18 @ May 4 2007, 01:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
if you are just target practice why not a bb gun?

Because GBB's are fun to shoot.
Because he might want a real steel style replica.
Because the blow back BB guns are expensive.
Because he is going to start playing soon, and might be able to use it.

#15 SilentEcho13

SilentEcho13

Posted 05 May 2007 - 05:37 PM

QUOTE (Cam Keo @ May 4 2007, 04:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Because GBB's are fun to shoot.
Because he might want a real steel style replica.
Because the blow back BB guns are expensive.
Because he is going to start playing soon, and might be able to use it.

Perfectly put :D

#16 Guest_hkssr20det_*

Guest_hkssr20det_*

Posted 08 May 2007 - 05:57 PM

QUOTE (SilentEcho13 @ May 5 2007, 03:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Perfectly put :D

Good fps without resorting to Red gas would include an extended inner barrel, a Nine Ball Air seal and a Nine Ball Dyna piston. Depending on the length of the inner barrel, fps will jump accordingly. With a 6inch 6.05mm PDI my Hi Capa has shot 350+, with a 7inch 6.01mm PDI it has shot 375+ cold and over 400fps when warmed up. Inner barrels are where the FPS can be found in a GBB. If you are interested my PDI 6inch is up for sale, click below.

#17 SilentEcho13

SilentEcho13

Posted 02 July 2007 - 01:49 AM

QUOTE (hkssr20det @ May 8 2007, 06:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Good fps without resorting to Red gas would include an extended inner barrel, a Nine Ball Air seal and a Nine Ball Dyna piston. Depending on the length of the inner barrel, fps will jump accordingly. With a 6inch 6.05mm PDI my Hi Capa has shot 350+, with a 7inch 6.01mm PDI it has shot 375+ cold and over 400fps when warmed up. Inner barrels are where the FPS can be found in a GBB. If you are interested my PDI 6inch is up for sale, click below.

Sorry for bringing back a dead topic, but do you mean a Nine Ball Dyna piston head?
such as:
http://www.airsoftex...7830ed23f9d8cce

Is there a way I can put a longer barrel, maybe the 7" onto my 1911, but still be able to move back to the standard sized one? Would a longer inner barrel, a threaded outer barrel, and a supressor work?

All I'm looking for really is to have a gun powerful enough to punch through both sides of a soda can, while also saying that the gun is custom.

Also, I understand that WE is not exactly a very respectable brand for its 1911, but the parts I use in it now I may migrate over to a TM 1911 in the coming 2 months or so.

#18 SilentEcho13

SilentEcho13

Posted 02 July 2007 - 02:00 AM

Another last question, I saw a video on YouTube of a WE 1911, but it had a guide rod under the outer barrel? Is there a way I can get one of those on, if so, how?

From what Long Island Airsoft told me, the gun is the newer editions that resolved a few problems, I can actually shoot off 2 mags full on 1 fill of gas.

Is there another version that has the guide rod, or was it added as a custom part?

Thanks again.

(yes I know I'm a newbie)

#19 Guest_hkssr20det_*

Guest_hkssr20det_*

Posted 03 July 2007 - 12:29 PM

I really can't comment on new or old WEs, but you can buy replacement recoil guide rods (full length) like you mentioned above. I use PDI, Nine Ball makes one (I actually broke my Nine Ball one) as well as some other brands. If you want one, you can buy them.

The Dyna Piston is that one on AEX. Poweredge USA carries them as well.

Inner barrels are easily swapped out. You could use a threaded outer, suppressor and extended tight bore and then swap to the stock length. No problem. If you have more questions feel free to PM me.

Also think about checking out the Gas section. There are a lot of these threads running around over there, where it is pretty active.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users