to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share

Important Announcement!

Our Pinzgauer Project is in "Pre Launch" - Click Here to let us know what you think before the project goes live.

Photo
- - - - -

Driving To Canada, Can I Bring My Airsoft Gun?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 sidewaysdown436

sidewaysdown436

Posted 10 June 2007 - 07:19 PM

I'm driving to Canada with 6 other people and we're staying at my friends place and we want to bring our airsoft guns go we can get some wars going. I was wondering if it is legal for us to bring them over the border?

#2 Von Luck

Von Luck
  • Interests:RC everything: restored 12 vintage electric trucks. 2 Nitro trucks. 1 electric Heli, 1 park flier. 2 tanks. I even modify nitro engines. <br /><br />Military History. WWII history, especially. More interested in the tactical side than operational strategy or policies. Von Luck is a historical figure. <br /><br />Japanese Animation. Miyazaki Hayao is my hero. <br /><br />I teaching myself Japanese. Good enough to read short magazine articles. 少しだけですけど、書けるも できます。<br /><br />Military miniatures. Mostly 1/35 WWII Armored Fighting Vehicles. Some modern. Some WWII fighters, some boats. <br /><br />Politics. Not interested in party politics. More interested in policies, foreign, economic, military and legal. <br /><br />Oh, yes, Airsoft.

Posted 11 June 2007 - 12:15 PM

QUOTE (sidewaysdown436 @ Jun 10 2007, 08:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm driving to Canada with 6 other people and we're staying at my friends place and we want to bring our airsoft guns go we can get some wars going. I was wondering if it is legal for us to bring them over the border?

I would not try it.

First of all, it's perfectly legal to export, and import airsoft guns to US, as long as you have permanent oragne tips on your guns.

I have read that Canada has fps restriction. Above certain speed, it's considered firearm.

So if your guns are highly upgraded, you are bringing an illegal weapon into Canada.

Also when you come back to the states, they open up your trunk and find guns...

Who would not be alarmed? If some rookie officer finds them, he'll raise alarm first and ask questions later.

If you fly, that's even worse, X-ray showing a bunch of guns?

Domestic trips would allow you to transport (not carry-on), real firearms. Hunting trips, shooting competitions...people do carry real steel firearms legally, with all necessary documents filled out and filed properly. Canada would have their own rules about it, going in. When you come back, a calm inspector would inspect it first, and let it go, but an over-eager rookie officer could raise an alarm, the whole airport goes into a lock-down, and no one will love you for it. While it's legal to import and export, possession of a replica firearm might not be legal in any airport, especially after 9/11.

Again, everything might be perfectly legal, but guns and airport, and guns and border crossing are not something you want to mix unless you absolutely have to.

If I have to, I would mail the guns first with Canadian law and American law printed and attached to the guns. So the Customs officers would know what to do. Don't think that they know their own law because it's their jobs. Even with proper law printed, they may send it back to the sender. My sentiment is, after 9/11, I wouldn't carry replicas anywhere near airports or border crossings, even if carrying it in a bag might be legal.

Edited by Von Luck, 11 June 2007 - 12:39 PM.

There is nothing more unpatriotic than unquestioning patriotism.

#3 gwizzy

gwizzy

Posted 13 June 2007 - 02:52 PM

QUOTE (Von Luck @ Jun 11 2007, 01:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I would not try it.

First of all, it's perfectly legal to export, and import airsoft guns to US, as long as you have permanent oragne tips on your guns.

I have read that Canada has fps restriction. Above certain speed, it's considered firearm.

So if your guns are highly upgraded, you are bringing an illegal weapon into Canada.

Who would not be alarmed? If some rookie officer finds them, he'll raise alarm first and ask questions later.

If you fly, that's even worse, X-ray showing a bunch of guns?

Domestic trips would allow you to transport (not carry-on), real firearms. Hunting trips, shooting competitions...people do carry real steel firearms legally, with all necessary documents filled out and filed properly. Canada would have their own rules about it, going in. When you come back, a calm inspector would inspect it first, and let it go, but an over-eager rookie officer could raise an alarm, the whole airport goes into a lock-down, and no one will love you for it. While it's legal to import and export, possession of a replica firearm might not be legal in any airport, especially after 9/11.

Again, everything might be perfectly legal, but guns and airport, and guns and border crossing are not something you want to mix unless you absolutely have to.

If I have to, I would mail the guns first with Canadian law and American law printed and attached to the guns. So the Customs officers would know what to do. Don't think that they know their own law because it's their jobs. Even with proper law printed, they may send it back to the sender. My sentiment is, after 9/11, I wouldn't carry replicas anywhere near airports or border crossings, even if carrying it in a bag might be legal.

He said driving, not by a plane, read before posting something like that.
airsoft

#4 The Death Merchant

The Death Merchant
  • Interests:Airsoft, Videogames, Soccer, Writing Airsoft Scenarios, Computers, History, Moviemaking, Anything Military Related.

Posted 13 June 2007 - 02:56 PM

QUOTE (gwizzy @ Jun 13 2007, 03:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
read before posting something like that.

Why don't you follow your own advice.

What Von Luck stated here DOES apply if you would be driving across the border.

Edited by The Death Merchant, 13 June 2007 - 02:56 PM.

The idea of war is not to die for your country, it's to make the enemy die for his.

Check out my Airsoft Scenarios!
Battlestar Galactica, Operation Intel, Survival

#5 monkeyclaws

monkeyclaws
  • Interests:Rugby, football (that's real football, or 'soccer' to you colonials) in particular Nottingham Forest, erm... airsofting... I don't know just normal stuff.

Posted 13 June 2007 - 02:56 PM

QUOTE (Von Luck @ Jun 11 2007, 06:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
X-ray showing a bunch of guns?

Would the X-Ray show much? I don't think so, unless they were full metal. All that would show is the barrel, gears and trigger mech, maybe with a couple of screws here and there.

Nonetheless I agree with you, if there is some sort of check you guys are fuggered, although it is unlikely, especially when driving. It's not like dogs will be able to smell them.
Who Dares Wins
The SAS. The original special force.
IPB ImageIPB Image
IPB ImageIPB Image

QUOTE(travisvotour @ Apr 24 2007, 12:39 AM) View Post

HAHA, this forum would be boring without monkeyclaws...
QUOTE(TacticalForce @ Jun 10 2007, 04:54 AM) View Post

Can you learn how to spell and use proper grammer?

#6 EmpireAirsoft

EmpireAirsoft

Posted 13 June 2007 - 04:28 PM

QUOTE (monkeyclaws @ Jun 13 2007, 03:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Would the X-Ray show much? I don't think so, unless they were full metal. All that would show is the barrel, gears and trigger mech, maybe with a couple of screws here and there.

Nonetheless I agree with you, if there is some sort of check you guys are fuggered, although it is unlikely, especially when driving. It's not like dogs will be able to smell them.

We are not super far from Canada so we get a lot players coming down to buy stuff.

They always email me after going back into Canada to let me know if they have problems and so far I've not had one person have any issues.

I've had them drive, I've have them fly.

The ones driving just normally put there gear into there trunks and its a non issue. One time I heard of someone being searched and when the customs people asked about there airsoft guns they referred to them as paintball replica's, end of problem. Stupid Customs agents? Not sure.

I've also had customers fly back. The ones who fly, I always suggest they put a note inside the gun boxes saying "THIS IS NOT A FIREARM" and putting on there that its a softair replica toy. I find the word "toy" keeps TSA from being so nervous.

I'm not saying you won't have issues but for our customers, so far so good. Do it at your own risk and if the stuff it super valuable, you might not want to try.

Edited by EmpireAirsoft, 13 June 2007 - 04:30 PM.

Empire Airsoft - Retail sales, upgrades and repair service!

Systema PTW MAX M4A1 rockin EOTech optics
WA Wilson Combat CQB, WA Wilson Combat Compact Supregrade, WA Kimber MARSOC, KSC U.S. M9, TM Mk23 SOCOM

IPB Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users