to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share

Important Announcement!

Our Pinzgauer Project is in "Pre Launch" - Click Here to let us know what you think before the project goes live.

Photo
- - - - -

Cylinder Head/piston Head Interchangeable?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 hydralover

hydralover
  • Interests:airsoft, cars

Posted 16 June 2007 - 01:53 AM

are the cylinder head and piston head interchangeable between version 2 and version 3 gearboxes? cause the piston is...and the cylinders are... a-confused.gif a-confused.gif a-confused.gif
In case you're bored or interested... My stuff and my loadout
Everything you need to know about the JG AUG, G&G Combat Machine, KWA M11 NS2, KWA SR12, and KWA 1911 MKII PTP

#2 H0ndaJunkie

H0ndaJunkie
  • Interests:Airsoft of course! I love repairing and upgrading AEGs, Video games, Movies, Automotive Mechanix, fast cars, buying and selling on eBay, and music.

Posted 16 June 2007 - 06:21 AM

QUOTE (hydralover @ Jun 16 2007, 01:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
are the cylinder head and piston head interchangeable between version 2 and version 3 gearboxes? cause the piston is...and the cylinders are... a-confused.gif a-confused.gif a-confused.gif

If you're talking about guarder stainless steel upgrade cylinder heads, no.....the ver 2 and ver 3 are quite different. Unmodified stock cylinder heads however should be able to be used in either gearbox, which is true for the cylinder too.....they work in all gearboxes.

With the cylinder head, you just need to be careful and make sure you use one that has the right sized tube that the nozzle sits on.....some guns like the AUG have a slightly longer tube.

Check out my team's website and forum, featuring airsoft reviews at www.alliedforcesairsoft.com
I do upgrades and repairs, PM me for more information.

#3 matrixiskool

matrixiskool
  • Interests:Ice Hockey

Posted 16 June 2007 - 07:32 AM

Im pretty sure stock cylinder heads are different between v2 and v3, and theres another v3 for AUG/sig.
I currently have a highly reinforced UTG MP5 that is barely a UTG anymore. Shoots 350-360 FPS with a great ROF. PM me for details if interested.

#4 M4aRmY

M4aRmY
  • Interests:Weight lifting, football, airsoft, and Hammer/Weight throwing<br />Personal Record:<br />- 43' for the weight<br />- 109'7&quot; for the hammer(i was garbage last year this year im expecting 160')

Posted 16 June 2007 - 08:11 AM

piston head are perfectly interchangable, but its best to get the cylinder head that maches your gearbox and cylinder/gun type.
Knights SR-16 l Ksc G18c l Complete Version 2 Gearbox Guide l more to come...

#5 Whorify

Whorify
  • Interests:http://www.freewebs.com/nrgmechanics/<br /><br />http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v706/Whorif/

Posted 16 June 2007 - 10:57 AM

with cylinder sets, the only thing you need to worry about V2 or V3 is the Cylinder head
"We are trained, pushed & tested... In sweat... In blood... 'Till all that is left is Honor, Courage & Commitment to a Brotherhood & a Freedom that no man can take away from us. Through Pain our Strength grows and Battle our Glory rises. Born, Bred for the dogs of War..."

My M4, My Gear, My Past and Present

#6 H0ndaJunkie

H0ndaJunkie
  • Interests:Airsoft of course! I love repairing and upgrading AEGs, Video games, Movies, Automotive Mechanix, fast cars, buying and selling on eBay, and music.

Posted 16 June 2007 - 08:36 PM

QUOTE (Whorify @ Jun 16 2007, 10:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
with cylinder sets, the only thing you need to worry about V2 or V3 is the Cylinder head

That's pretty much what I meant......sorry if I wasn't clear. a-surrender.gif

Check out my team's website and forum, featuring airsoft reviews at www.alliedforcesairsoft.com
I do upgrades and repairs, PM me for more information.

#7 hydralover

hydralover

Posted 17 June 2007 - 02:33 AM

systema silent piston head/cylinder head?
Everything you need to know about the JG AUG, G&G Combat Machine, KWA M11 NS2, KWA SR12, and KWA 1911 MKII PTP

#8 Whorify

Whorify
  • Interests:http://www.freewebs.com/nrgmechanics/<br /><br />http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v706/Whorif/

Posted 17 June 2007 - 04:18 AM

QUOTE (hydralover @ Jun 17 2007, 12:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
systema silent piston head/cylinder head?

just make sure it's V2 or V3, or whatever model your gun is
"We are trained, pushed & tested... In sweat... In blood... 'Till all that is left is Honor, Courage & Commitment to a Brotherhood & a Freedom that no man can take away from us. Through Pain our Strength grows and Battle our Glory rises. Born, Bred for the dogs of War..."

#9 hydralover

hydralover

Posted 17 June 2007 - 03:23 PM

QUOTE (Whorify @ Jun 17 2007, 02:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
just make sure it's V2 or V3, or whatever model your gun is

I bought the V2 cylinder set for my m4, but I might get an AUG, and I'm wondering if the piston head/cylidner head are interchangeable because I know the piston is, and you can sitck an AUG cylinder in a m4 gearbox, so the cylinder head should be...but I don't know a-surrender.gif

air nozzles are different lengths, though, right?

#10 matrixiskool

matrixiskool

Posted 17 June 2007 - 03:37 PM

QUOTE (hydralover @ Jun 17 2007, 04:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I bought the V2 cylinder set for my m4, but I might get an AUG, and I'm wondering if the piston head/cylidner head are interchangeable because I know the piston is, and you can sitck an AUG cylinder in a m4 gearbox, so the cylinder head should be...but I don't know a-surrender.gif

air nozzles are different lengths, though, right?

-Piston heads are universal
-Pistons are universal
-Cylinder heads must match up with certain gearboxes/guns
-V3-AUG/Sig
-V6
-V3
-V2
-V7
-Cylinders are universal although the V7 is a millimeter or two longer and Im not sure a regular cylinder would work
I currently have a highly reinforced UTG MP5 that is barely a UTG anymore. Shoots 350-360 FPS with a great ROF. PM me for details if interested.

#11 hydralover

hydralover

Posted 17 June 2007 - 03:39 PM

QUOTE (matrixiskool @ Jun 17 2007, 01:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
-Piston heads are universal
-Pistons are universal
-Cylinder heads must match up with certain gearboxes/guns
-V3-AUG/Sig
-V6
-V3
-V2
-V7
-Cylinders are universal although the V7 is a millimeter or two longer and Im not sure a regular cylinder would work

I have the silent piston head/matching silent cylinder head for V2, would they work in an AUG

#12 matrixiskool

matrixiskool

Posted 17 June 2007 - 07:35 PM

-V3-AUG/Sig
-V6
-V3
-V2
-V7

Those are all non compatible with each other so no.

#13 Whorify

Whorify

Posted 17 June 2007 - 09:46 PM

QUOTE (hydralover @ Jun 17 2007, 01:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have the silent piston head/matching silent cylinder head for V2, would they work in an AUG

your best bet is to sell the set and buy an AUG cylinder set

#14 hydralover

hydralover

Posted 18 June 2007 - 12:06 PM

QUOTE (matrixiskool @ Jun 17 2007, 05:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
-V3-AUG/Sig
-V6
-V3
-V2
-V7

Those are all non compatible with each other so no.

I know the different versions, but my reasoning is that if the cylinder is compatible, the piston head is compatible, and the piston is compatible, why isn't the cylinder head compatible? what's different? more specifically what's different between the V2 and V3 silent cylinder head?

QUOTE (Whorify @ Jun 17 2007, 07:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
your best bet is to sell the set and buy an AUG cylinder set

I know, but that's slightly a hassle, and I would like to know anyway a-thumbsup.gif

#15 matrixiskool

matrixiskool

Posted 18 June 2007 - 02:12 PM

QUOTE (hydralover @ Jun 18 2007, 01:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know the different versions, but my reasoning is that if the cylinder is compatible, the piston head is compatible, and the piston is compatible, why isn't the cylinder head compatible? what's different? more specifically what's different between the V2 and V3 silent cylinder head?
I know, but that's slightly a hassle, and I would like to know anyway a-thumbsup.gif

The difference between V2 adn V3's is the shape of the gearbox which requires a different tappet plate shape and a different cylinder head shape. The difference between V3 and V3-AUG/Sig is that the v3-AUG/Sig has a different hop up chamber and it is farther away so you need a longer nozzle and if you have a longer nozzle than you have to have a longer cylinder head spout. The difference between the V2 and V3 silent cylinder heads is the shape.

#16 hydralover

hydralover

Posted 18 June 2007 - 02:45 PM

QUOTE (matrixiskool @ Jun 18 2007, 12:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The difference between V2 adn V3's is the shape of the gearbox which requires a different tappet plate shape and a different cylinder head shape. The difference between V3 and V3-AUG/Sig is that the v3-AUG/Sig has a different hop up chamber and it is farther away so you need a longer nozzle and if you have a longer nozzle than you have to have a longer cylinder head spout. The difference between the V2 and V3 silent cylinder heads is the shape.

thanks, I'll try to sell the v2 set and buy the v3 set a-thumbsup.gif

#17 Whorify

Whorify

Posted 18 June 2007 - 03:11 PM

QUOTE (matrixiskool @ Jun 18 2007, 12:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

the difference between cylinders is only the guide holes where it's locked into the gearbox. the V3 holes are smaller. and all guns use different sized airnozzle with using a different hopup system because of the lenghts

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users