to add your 300x250 banner, pay ad zone 5
Airsoft Atlanta is your source for quality airsoft guns and rifle parts
to add your Text Link here, pay ad zone 3

AirsoftAtlanta.com AirsoftNMore.com Airsplat.com AirsoftRC.com
Vote for us to add your 180x30 banner here, pay ad zone 2

If you appreciate this website, please ASF Donation or Check Out the ASF Store. If you can not help us financially,
then at least help us by telling a friend: Share us on your favorite social networking website Bookmark and Share

Important Announcement!

Our Pinzgauer Project is in "Pre Launch" - Click Here to let us know what you think before the project goes live.

Photo
- - - - -

Ups Train Derailed

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic

#1 wdahm519

wdahm519
  • Interests:Girls, Cars, snowboarding, skating (extreme inline), motorcycles, airsoft yeah.

Posted 22 June 2007 - 12:03 PM

I was waiting to get my gun back from being upgraded in Washington, but I was looking on the tracking statement today - and it said:

HODGKINS,
IL, US 06/22/2007 3:00 A.M. THE PACKAGE IS DELAYED DUE TO A TRAIN DERAILMENT

Do you think my shipment will be alright? It was not insured apparently, so Im hoping it will just get delayed but nothing will be damaged.

Has this happened to anyone before??

#2 Guest_Officer_Matlack_*

Guest_Officer_Matlack_*

Posted 22 June 2007 - 12:06 PM

I'm sure it will be fine, if it is damaged UPS should take care of it for you. And just for reference, although this may be about an AEG in the mail, it should probably go in the general discussion section. Anyway, hope you get your package in good condition.

#3 wdahm519

wdahm519
  • Interests:Girls, Cars, snowboarding, skating (extreme inline), motorcycles, airsoft yeah.

Posted 22 June 2007 - 12:07 PM

QUOTE (Officer_Matlack @ Jun 22 2007, 01:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm sure it will be fine, if it is damaged UPS should take care of it for you. And just for reference, although this may be about an AEG in the mail, it should probably go in the general discussion section. Anyway, hope you get your package in good condition.

Thanks, I hope it all goes well.

I wonder if this has ever happened to anyone on this forum before?

#4 CQB_Expert

CQB_Expert
  • Interests:Playing airsoft, Playing guitar, Hanging out with my friends, going BMX Riding, Picking up on Chicks, Creating Websites, and just having fun!

Posted 22 June 2007 - 12:11 PM

QUOTE (wdahm519 @ Jun 22 2007, 10:07 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I doubt that its happened to anyone here before, train derailments usually don't happen very often a-grin.gif. But you might want to call ups just to get information on how bad the derailment is.

Edited by CQB_Expert, 22 June 2007 - 12:12 PM.

Chairsofter

#5 bat21win

bat21win
  • Interests:Airsoft, photography, computers

Posted 22 June 2007 - 12:50 PM

If Ups damaged the gun, they will have to replace it.

#6 H0ndaJunkie

H0ndaJunkie
  • Interests:Airsoft of course! I love repairing and upgrading AEGs, Video games, Movies, Automotive Mechanix, fast cars, buying and selling on eBay, and music.

Posted 22 June 2007 - 01:00 PM

I don't think anyone here can answer your question, unless they work for UPS.....I would call UPS and ask for information on that package if I were you.

Check out my team's website and forum, featuring airsoft reviews at www.alliedforcesairsoft.com
I do upgrades and repairs, PM me for more information.

#7 manofak

manofak

Posted 22 June 2007 - 01:48 PM

if they said it was a derailment its probly not that bad. its was probly a 100 car freight train that just lost the trucks at a switch most likey. and it is pretty common for that to happen and UPS would not replace your gun it would most likely be the BNSF or UP or who ever owns the track. it is not UPS's fault its the rail road company because out of a 100 car freight train, UPS would probly have 5-10 cars for that train so there not responsible for what happens its the railroads.
GIMME A SECOND WARNING ADMINZORE!!!!!!

#8 1337 man

1337 man

Posted 22 June 2007 - 01:51 PM

If it was a bad derailment it would probably be on the news. It was probably just a minor one not like in the movies where the whole train derails and goes 400 feet down the side of a hill.

#9 wdahm519

wdahm519

Posted 22 June 2007 - 02:22 PM

QUOTE (1337 man @ Jun 22 2007, 02:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
If it was a bad derailment it would probably be on the news. It was probably just a minor one not like in the movies where the whole train derails and goes 400 feet down the side of a hill.

Good news guys. They fixed the problem, the packaged arrived at the next checkpoint, so its all good.

This thread should be kept up for others who might have this problem....

#10 Wiredribble

Wiredribble
  • Interests:Scammer

Posted 22 June 2007 - 02:55 PM

QUOTE (wdahm519 @ Jun 22 2007, 01:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah. I ordered some PC parts from a site and got UPS shipping. They didint come the day I expected or the next day, but on the third day of them being late the tracking info was updated and it said the delay was caused by a derailed train a-crazy.gif

I got my stuff the next day and it all was fine, the boxes were not even banged up or anything.

Kinda weird, but true.
Scammer

#11 rzrssndrome

rzrssndrome

Posted 22 June 2007 - 06:58 PM

I live 20 minutes away from hodgkins, IL and I didn't hear anything about a train derailment. couldn't have been too serious
IPB Image

#12 Guest_SpookFish_*

Guest_SpookFish_*

Posted 22 June 2007 - 07:51 PM

yeah thread closed, no need for it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users